Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Its all hotting up in serie A

Read 7936 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Its all hotting up in serie A
      Nov 22, 2010 12:13:20 pm
      Well, well Rafa Benitez loses again. Thats 9 points off the leaders AC Milan and hes calling for the team to stick together. The honeymoon period is well and trually over for Rafa it may seem. Will they stick with him ? I cant see how they can. last term the feel good factor was ever present at Inter as they won the treble with ease. They did say, after Mourinho left, that his shoes would be hard to fill and it sure is showing. The EPL is hotting up too. Roy Hodgson is far from safe, though the results of late have bought him time. Anchelotti is also getting itchy feet and Wilkins sacking did not do Chelsea any favours at all.

So hears the thing. What are the chances of this scenario happening over the coming weeks ?

Anchelotti says I,ve had enough and quits Chelsea. Liverpool take another downward spirral after losing to Spurs next week and the new owner says enough is enough and they sack Hodgson. Inter loose thier next game in the Champions league and thier defence of the CL and Serie A becomes ever more so difficult and they decide to sack Benitez.

Anchelotti is installed as new Inter coach.
      Roy Hodgson gets sacked and disapears into football oblivion.
      Rafa Benitez makes an emotional return to Anfield and goes on to get us a top 4 place.

Your thoughts please before I wake up from this dream.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: Its all hotting up in serie A
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2010 12:15:59 pm
      Maybe, well maybe it's just another tactical move from the 'Spanish waiter' to get himself sack and come walking out from the tunnel of Anfield once again?
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2010 12:25:17 pm
      Anchelloti at Inter? I can't see that happening to be honest. But all that sounds very interesting indeed.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2010 12:27:28 pm
      The sackings / departures I could see - but more likely Ancelotti at Anfield than Rafa.

Woy could always go back to Inter for a third time...

azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #4: Nov 22, 2010 12:32:31 pm
      Well, well Rafa Benitez loses again. Thats 9 points off the leaders AC Milan and hes calling for the team to stick together. The honeymoon period is well and trually over for Rafa it may seem. Will they stick with him ? I cant see how they can. last term the feel good factor was ever present at Inter as they won the treble with ease. They did say, after Mourinho left, that his shoes would be hard to fill and it sure is showing. The EPL is hotting up too. Roy Hodgson is far from safe, though the results of late have bought him time. Anchelotti is also getting itchy feet and Wilkins sacking did not do Chelsea any favours at all.

So hears the thing. What are the chances of this scenario happening over the coming weeks ?

Anchelotti says I,ve had enough and quits Chelsea. Liverpool take another downward spirral after losing to Spurs next week and the new owner says enough is enough and they sack Hodgson. Inter loose thier next game in the Champions league and thier defence of the CL and Serie A becomes ever more so difficult and they decide to sack Benitez.

Anchelotti is installed as new Inter coach.
      Roy Hodgson gets sacked and disapears into football oblivion.
      Rafa Benitez makes an emotional return to Anfield and goes on to get us a top 4 place.

Your thoughts please before I wake up from this dream.
      Not good enough for Inter but good enough for us? 9 points behind AC Milan? 6 points behind the mighty Lazio? You sure you're having a dream and not a nightmare? The only team in the Prem who would possibly take him is Hammers, "assuming" Grant is fired if they lose to Wigan on saturday...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Nov 22, 2010 12:42:05 pm
      I reckon i'm one of a few who actually liked Benitez, would have given him more time but would not take him back. You can't look back to go forward - it just doesn't work.

Having said that; i'd be happy enough if Kenny stood in here 'until such times' and Inter were to 'look back' and get Hodgson in to 'troubleshoot'.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 09:10:39 am by bad boy bubby »
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #6: Nov 22, 2010 12:44:17 pm
      I have an 'alternative' scenario, which is just a likely...

Rafa pulls the team together and wins everything..
      Anchelotti decies to stay and wins the title and European cup. [I might end up eating these words, theres a press conference at Chealski later today].
      Roy Hodgeson, against all the odds, gets Liverpool playing like we want them to and finish fourth and wins the FA cup.
      Wagner wins X-factor.
      All my hair grows back overnight, and a six pack miraculously appears where the beer belly is now.  ;)

Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #7: Nov 22, 2010 12:45:52 pm
      Ooohhh, you have done it now, here come the Rafa bashers!!!!  :f_doh:
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #8: Nov 22, 2010 12:47:03 pm
      Ooohhh, you have done it now, here come the Rafa bashers!!!!  :f_doh:

Exactly, good excuse for their bullshit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #9: Nov 22, 2010 12:57:49 pm
      The sackings / departures I could see - but more likely Ancelotti at Anfield than Rafa.

If Chelsea did decide to get shut of Ancelotti, I'd be in like a shot for him.

Always comes across respectful and humble. he's far too good for those Chelsea cu*ts anyway!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Nov 22, 2010 01:01:13 pm
      Well at least this means we won't have people playing the 'look how well Wafa is doing at Inter' card.  Cause they are doing sh*te at the moment, 9 points off the top. Same as us :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #11: Nov 22, 2010 01:04:18 pm
      If Chelsea did decide to get shut of Ancelotti, I'd be in like a shot for him.

Agree.

Something doesn't seem right behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge. Probably John Terry again - just like he shafted England over in the summer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #12: Nov 22, 2010 01:04:44 pm
      How many players do inter have out injured?

Anyway inter will stick with rafa as they know they have a very good chance of retaining the champions leauge with him also another cup.

Ancelloti will go in the summer maybe back to italy at roma.

Hodgson will get the boards backing in the summer and sign a new 5 year deal.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #13: Nov 22, 2010 01:06:46 pm
      I cant see peoples' sentiments in wanting Rafa back but I honestly don't think it would ever happen now.

I agree with Ancelotti though, Chelsea would be stupid to let him go. They were stupid to let Mourinho go but Abramovic is playing real life football manager.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #14: Nov 22, 2010 01:11:52 pm
      Oh to be on 20 points after 13 games.

;)

I get the impression Rafa can't be arsed with Inter.  It's funny that since we got new owners they've gone off the rails.  And as for Ancelotti at Chelsea - utter madness their results.  Yet still top!

The honeymoon period is well and trually over for Rafa it may seem.

What's a managerial honeymoon period?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #15: Nov 22, 2010 01:15:28 pm

What's a managerial honeymoon period?

Has woy had one yet?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Nov 22, 2010 01:20:42 pm
      Agree.

Something doesn't seem right behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge. Probably John Terry again - just like he shafted England over in the summer.

Probably is that c**t again.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #17: Nov 22, 2010 01:39:38 pm
      I reckon i'm one of a few who actually liked Benitez, would have given him more time but would not take him back. You can't look back to go forward - it just doesn't work.

Flux. Capacitor.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #18: Nov 22, 2010 01:50:52 pm
      If that ever happens we'll win the league.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 22, 2010 02:01:30 pm
      Liverpool take another downward spirral after losing to Spurs next week and the new owner says enough is enough and they sack Hodgson.

its irrelevant. hodgson wont be sacked.
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Reply #20: Nov 22, 2010 02:13:40 pm
      Or Capello gets sacked - woy takes over (konchensky is over the moon - he will displace ashley cole finally).

Capello decides he wants to repeat his bloody brilliant club successes - with Liverpool.

Liverpool win the title, the Europa and the FA cup.

A few more years of massive success - League titles, Champions League titles, etc, etc.

Capello resigns - Mourinho takes over at Liverpool and on and on we go!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Nov 22, 2010 02:24:55 pm
      Whoever, if anyone, replaces Rafa they will get the same results. So much injuries.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 22, 2010 02:32:27 pm
      This doesn't belong in the Kop. Move this.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #23: Nov 22, 2010 03:32:24 pm

A messy consummation of a marriage.  >:D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Nov 22, 2010 03:33:57 pm
      I have an 'alternative' scenario, which is just a likely...

Rafa pulls the team together and wins everything..
      Anchelotti decies to stay and wins the title and European cup. [I might end up eating these words, theres a press conference at Chealski later today].
      Roy Hodgeson, against all the odds, gets Liverpool playing like we want them to and finish fourth and wins the FA cup.
      Wagner wins X-factor.
      All my hair grows back overnight, and a six pack miraculously appears where the beer belly is now.  ;)

All possible apart from the six pack, if your beer belly is as ample as mine it's an absolute impossibility. :D
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #25: Nov 22, 2010 04:19:46 pm
      Hope he comes back. The press would go irate, the whoppers would barrage the phone ins and we'd all be rejoicing in having one of the worlds top managers and a true LFC supporter as our manager.

F**k off Roy.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #26: Nov 22, 2010 04:27:35 pm
      And if Houiller fails at Villa, we take him the next year, after re-sacking Rafa ?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #27: Nov 22, 2010 04:40:00 pm
      Wouldn't mind Ancelotti in charge of us to be fair.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #28: Nov 22, 2010 05:09:35 pm
      Hope he comes back. The press would go irate, the whoppers would barrage the phone ins and we'd all be rejoicing in having one of the worlds top managers and a true LFC supporter as our manager.

F**k off Roy.

I'm sending this note on the condition it stays a secret. Repeat BIG SECRET.
      My close cousin's ( 4 times removed) ex wife told me her milkman had heard from the butcher that Rafa was coming back to his spiritual home. I specifically asked her if she knew the butcher well. She replied, of course, I once gave him a @@@ job because I didn't have enough to pay for the Halaal Pork. So you heard it here first folks, remember TOP TOP TOP secret...
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2010 11:34:40 pm by MsGerrard »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #29: Nov 22, 2010 05:11:36 pm
      if it is JT does anyone know what Butch Wilkins Mrs looks like.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #30: Nov 22, 2010 05:51:18 pm
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #31: Nov 22, 2010 06:04:53 pm
      I don't want rafa back and I don't want woy in though.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #32: Nov 22, 2010 07:07:06 pm
      Rafa doesn't seem to have much luck with injuries. Do you reckon it's to do with his tactics? Someone posted an analysis of Rafa's tactics in comparison to Woy's and stressed how Rafa liked to play high up the pitch, pressing the opposition. This high intensity could be one of the main reasons behind so many of Rafa's players getting injured. Just a thought.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #33: Nov 22, 2010 10:55:51 pm
      I reckon I'm one of a few who actually liked Benitez, would have given him more time but would not take him back. You can't look back to go forward - it just doesn't work.

Having said that; I'd be happy enough if Inter were to 'look back' and get Hodgson in to 'troubleshoot'.
      Add me to that list. Maybe some time in the future, not right now. Wait until the team is a new one and all the backroom staff is new. If he were to return it should be on a fresh.

I get the impression Rafa can't be arsed with Inter.  It's funny that since we got new owners they've gone off the rails.  And as for Ancelotti at Chelsea - utter madness their results.  Yet still top!
      Narh... Rafa is a complete professional. He gives his all at all times. And with the pride he has I cant imagine that he cant be arsed about the big black spot it would leave on his managerial CV if he was fired after 14 games cause he took a treble winning side and led them towards mid-table mediocrity.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #34: Nov 23, 2010 12:12:01 am
      Or Capello gets sacked - woy takes over (konchensky is over the moon - he will displace ashley cole finally).

Capello decides he wants to repeat his bloody brilliant club successes - with Liverpool.

Liverpool win the title, the Europa and the FA cup.

A few more years of massive success - League titles, Champions League titles, etc, etc.

Capello resigns - Mourinho takes over at Liverpool and on and on we go!

I think you might need to talk to Frank
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #35: Nov 23, 2010 04:12:27 am
      Inter fans want Rafa out already apparently. I was told by a lifelong fan its the worst football played since Woy was at the club. ;D.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Nov 23, 2010 05:22:33 am
      Hmmmmmm 9 points off top is not good, Inter fans wont be as patient as us.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: Nov 23, 2010 07:49:02 am
      Hmmmmmm 9 points off top is not good, Inter fans wont be as patient as us.
      I'm really surprised Inter are so far behind, I thought Italian football would have suited Rafa's style perfectly. The Inter Fans have been spoiled in recent years, and i cant see Rafa lasting beyond the season if things don't improve.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38: Nov 23, 2010 07:54:49 am
      Rafa was always going to jump back into management straight away, but maybe after all the stress of the last few seasons it would have been in his interest to take a break and come back refreshed
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #39: Nov 23, 2010 12:27:06 pm
      Can't see Rafa returning to be honest.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #40: Nov 23, 2010 12:40:10 pm
      Surprised this thread has been allowed to stay open, the Rafa thread in the General Forum not enough already?
      Getting a bit tired of al the Rafa speculation to be honest, not getting my hopes up.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: Nov 23, 2010 12:47:30 pm
      Not too sure why this thread is in the Kop, when did we start playing in Serie A?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Nov 23, 2010 12:49:03 pm
      I would never have gone to Inter if I was Rafa and had other options, it's like Clough managing Leeds (in a much smaller scale of course), he was always going to be compared to one of his 'enemies' who had huge success there. Even if he does win stuff there, the chance of making a better impact than his predecessor is small.

I would take him back in a heart beat.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #43: Nov 23, 2010 12:55:56 pm
      Surprised this thread has been allowed to stay open, the Rafa thread in the General Forum not enough already?
      Getting a bit tired of al the Rafa speculation to be honest, not getting my hopes up.

Agreed. The title of the topic has nothing to with LFC and is only slightly related to us because it's about Benitez. Should be moved to the Rafa thread in the General Football Forum. :)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #44: Nov 23, 2010 01:39:11 pm
      And if Houiller fails at Villa, we take him the next year, after re-sacking Rafa ?

Sod Houllier, I'll take G Mac!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #45: Nov 23, 2010 03:10:06 pm

And don't forget to put Evans and Souness on standby!!
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #46: Nov 23, 2010 03:19:55 pm
      Sod Houllier, I'll take G Mac!
      Apologies if everyone else knows and I'm the only ignorant person. Who is G Mac?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #47: Nov 23, 2010 03:23:05 pm
      Apologies if everyone else knows and I'm the only ignorant person. Who is G Mac?

macdonalds have done a gangster burger collaboration with 50 cents.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #48: Nov 23, 2010 03:26:52 pm
      macdonalds have done a gangster burger collaboration with 50 cents.

I dunno whatcha heard about me, but I'm available for 25p.
      I dunno whatcha heard about me, but nearly I'm saturated fat free!

:f_whistle:

I need to get out more.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #49: Nov 23, 2010 04:55:55 pm
      Another scenario:

Capello to Inter, Hodgson to England and then Rafa back to us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #50: Nov 23, 2010 05:18:24 pm

Gary Macca
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Nov 23, 2010 06:21:14 pm
      I'd take any of the situations touted in this thread if it means Hodgson fucks off.

Rafa or Ancelotti over Hodgson? Por favor.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #52: Nov 23, 2010 11:03:44 pm
      HHMMMMMM... Wonder why Rafa is 9 point off the pace with a team that just done the treble was it ?  Too defensive mabey, poor team selection, bought a couple of duffers, crazy substitutions, or is it just bad luck. Or mabey he didn't get a big enough transferr kitty. No I don't want Rafa back,  let's keep looking forward. Hodgesons not the answer, but neither is Rafa.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #53: Nov 23, 2010 11:55:08 pm
      HHMMMMMM... Wonder why Rafa is 9 point off the pace with a team that just done the treble was it ?  Too defensive mabey, poor team selection, bought a couple of duffers, crazy substitutions, or is it just bad luck. Or mabey he didn't get a big enough transferr kitty. No I don't want Rafa back,  let's keep looking forward. Hodgesons not the answer, but neither is Rafa.

You should have a read through the thread.  He's basically trying to get the team to adopt an attacking approach as oppose to Maureen's counter attacking philosophy....etc.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #54: Nov 24, 2010 03:12:52 am
      HHMMMMMM... Wonder why Rafa is 9 point off the pace with a team that just done the treble was it ?  Too defensive mabey, poor team selection, bought a couple of duffers, crazy substitutions, or is it just bad luck. Or mabey he didn't get a big enough transferr kitty. No I don't want Rafa back,  let's keep looking forward. Hodgesons not the answer, but neither is Rafa.

Apart from Rafa not being in charge of transfers at Milan, the attacking football he plays as opposed to the counter attacking football they did last season, the huge injuries his squad has sustained, that we are a club that always looks back and embraces its history and the fact its spelt Hodgson that was a brilliant post.

:roll:
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #55: Nov 24, 2010 03:41:02 am

It's really not an easy task to even maintain at least one title for Inter but I guess when Rafa took the job, he was fully aware of it. No doubts Rafa is a good manager but I always wondered his 'funny' decisions like what you've mentioned. I am definitely in favor of attacking football and players playing to their natural talents and positioning. Rafa is miles ahead of Roy and I don't want Roy not even for another day but I've mixed feelings whether it's wise having Rafa back. We'll need to trust NESV to bring in the appropriate talent to Liverpool. Roy is not and will never be the right manager for Liverpool and I like to assume he was a stand-in during the transition. We need a change for the better and it has to be for the future.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #56: Nov 24, 2010 01:58:55 pm

Gary McCallister one of the stars of our glorious 2000/2001 season and now 2nd in command at Villa, Wak up lad!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #57: Nov 24, 2010 02:10:06 pm

Oh dear.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #58: Nov 24, 2010 02:21:08 pm
      Another scenario:

Capello to Inter, Hodgson to England and then Rafa back to us.

Nice, love to see that happening.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Nov 24, 2010 02:32:15 pm
      Gary McCallister one of the stars of our glorious 2000/2001 season and now 2nd in command at Villa, Wak up lad!

Just because you havent heard the nickname G Mac it doesnt mean that you dont know Gary McCallister. Usually his nickname is Gary Mac anyways as far as Im informed. Easy with the judging-gun guys, he asked politely and the forum is here to educate fans and spread knowledge anyways.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #60: Nov 24, 2010 02:35:24 pm
      Just because you havent heard the nickname G Mac it doesnt mean that you dont know Gary McCallister. Usually his nickname is Gary Mac anyways as far as Im informed. Easy with the judging-gun guys, he asked politely and the forum is here to educate fans and spread knowledge anyways.

Exactly this.  What if he started supporting the Reds after his time, at least he's making an effort to learn the history.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #61: Nov 24, 2010 02:59:10 pm
      Exactly this.  What if he started supporting the Reds after his time, at least he's making an effort to learn the history.

So who is this Rafa? And how should we compare Rafa to RH?  :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #62: Nov 24, 2010 03:01:54 pm
      Gary Mac, now that guy was a legend! That 40 yard free kick against the bitters last kick of the game! :o :o :o
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #63: Nov 24, 2010 05:44:11 pm
      Apart from Rafa not being in charge of transfers at Milan, the attacking football he plays as opposed to the counter attacking football they did last season, the huge injuries his squad has sustained, that we are a club that always looks back and embraces its history and the fact its spelt Hodgson that was a brilliant post.

Did nobody see the mauling he gave Tottenham in the first half of their home tie. That was som eof the best football I have seen in many years.It definitely wasnt a Maureen side playing like that.
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2010 06:26:39 pm by crouchinho »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #64: Nov 24, 2010 08:43:04 pm

Blew me right out the water that reply. :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #65: Nov 24, 2010 09:38:13 pm
      Half time during the Utd Rangers game commentator say's another black night for Rafa 0-0 FFS why dont they leave the  man alone he is 1000 miles away and the British Press stillfeel the need to stick the boot in.I think they won in the end but no comment on that.I hate ITV I hate SKY.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #66: Nov 24, 2010 10:15:49 pm
      If Roy had taken over us as Europe Champions, League Champions, nine points of the top and struggled to a one nil win against twenty. I am sure he would be given time.....oops hang on read the Italian press. Rafa will be out in Jan if he doesn't improve FACT.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #67: Nov 24, 2010 10:22:02 pm
      If Roy had taken over us as Europe Champions, League Champions, nine points of the top and struggled to a one nil win against twenty. I am sure he would be given time.....oops hang on read the Italian press. Rafa will be out in Jan if he doesn't improve FACT.

I hope rafa returns just to piss you and your media buddies right off!.

red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #68: Nov 24, 2010 10:24:29 pm

Rafa is trying to get a counter attacking side to play more attacking football.  Roy is, well who knows.... but it involves largely sitting very deep and trying not to let a goal in.  And failing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #69: Nov 25, 2010 02:07:13 pm

Oh good, then it should be cheaper for us to hire him back as manager then!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #70: Nov 25, 2010 03:00:25 pm
      You know what they say Huyton. . . Every cloud has a silver lining. ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #71: Nov 26, 2010 08:38:43 pm
       It's all about context really. When things were going pear shaped at Liverpool there was obviously a huge debate about whether or not it was Rafa's fault. Now of course he's taken over the European Champions and the team which has won five league titles on the bounce and is making a bit of a nonsense of it lets be honest, the context of his Liverpool reign is becoming clearer.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #72: Nov 26, 2010 10:07:43 pm
      It's all about context really. When things were going pear shaped at Liverpool there was obviously a huge debate about whether or not it was Rafa's fault. Now of course he's taken over the European Champions and the team which has won five league titles on the bounce and is making a bit of a nonsense of it lets be honest, the context of his Liverpool reign is becoming clearer.

Nonsense?  I thought he had inherited an ageing squad with no depth that had played counter attack football for 3-4 seasons.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #73: Nov 26, 2010 10:22:58 pm

You want context?

Take your head out of your arse and have a long hard look at Inters injury list- the only difference is that Inter have a little more squad depth than we had last season, when we had one of the worst injury lists I can ever remember for any team - that coupled with the lack of squad investment, the politics and the backstabbing by our previous owners and one or two current players was the reason we finished 7th.

Your agenda is clear - why not F**k off before you really get ripped to pieces.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #74: Nov 26, 2010 10:37:38 pm
      Ah good timing to get Rafa back in time for our usual second half of the season rejuvenation...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #75: Nov 26, 2010 11:41:21 pm

And how did Inter win that first of the five league titles, oh yeah I forgot through Juve F***ing cheating and getting relegated and Inter given the Serie A title.

Big F***ing deal, whether you like it or not, Rafa is one of three men to bring the European Cup to this club, now theres context of his Liverpool reign.

Thats why the fella is loved!
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #76: Nov 27, 2010 02:16:03 am
      So who is this Rafa? And how should we compare Rafa to RH?  :lmao:

Rafa: a gold bar
      Roy: a shitty stick
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #77: Nov 27, 2010 09:25:36 am
      You should have a read through the thread.  He's basically trying to get the team to adopt an attacking approach as oppose to Maureen's counter attacking philosophy....etc.
      Is that gunna be his excuse at the end of the season?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #78: Nov 27, 2010 09:33:47 am
      When he went to inter everyone was praising rafa for the style of football he got inter to play and now the team is plauged with injuries a number of users are quick to jump on his back!.

9 point defecit is easy to overcome and come may it would not suprise me to see inter retain the trebel.
      Thats the reason he went to inter for the challenge and do the impossible and i wish him all the best and luck in the world to achieve that goal.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #79: Nov 27, 2010 09:50:05 am
      When he went to inter everyone was praising rafa for the style of football he got inter to play and now the team is plauged with injuries a number of users are quick to jump on his back!.

9 point defecit is easy to overcome and come may it would not suprise me to see inter retain the trebel.
      Thats the reason he went to inter for the challenge and do the impossible and I wish him all the best and luck in the world to achieve that goal.

Very true..
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #80: Nov 27, 2010 12:13:27 pm
      You want context?

Take your head out of your arse and have a long hard look at Inters injury list- the only difference is that Inter have a little more squad depth than we had last season, when we had one of the worst injury lists I can ever remember for any team - that coupled with the lack of squad investment, the politics and the backstabbing by our previous owners and one or two current players was the reason we finished 7th.

Your agenda is clear - why not f**k off before you really get ripped to pieces.

Why not f**k off before I really get ripped to pieces. Hmmm.

Rip away big lad, go for your life.

On the subject though of how Inter Milan are going and "injuries", well we haven't exactly been devoid of the odd injury ourselves but I haven't seen too many people offering that up as an excuse for us. Equally, before you start beating your chest and everything else and talking b0ll0cks about the "injuries" at Inter, it might be worth having a look at who they've actually missed, how many games they've missed and the like.

The simple fact of the matter is that they really haven't started well. That doesn't mean they won'twin the league (and they really ought to as they have the best team), but they haven't started well and no amount of excuses hides it. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #81: Nov 27, 2010 12:48:13 pm
      Taking a team that had just  won the league and the CL with a high profile manager like Maureen was always going to be difficult. Then to get them to change the style of play again wouldnt be easy. I havent seen much of them but the first half against Tottenham at home was some of the best football I have seen for  a long time. Some people just like to have a dig at Rafa without really being able to as any challenges to his time at Liverpool are very easily defended. There about to launch a £40 mil bid for Fabregas so thinks cant be too hot.

Quick Reply