Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

1 Game to go lets get behind Kenny and the lads.

Read 17516 times
      RedLFCBlood
      1 Game to go lets get behind Kenny and the lads.
      Mar 23, 2011 08:11:02 pm
      1 game to go and we need to win and hope Spuds lose/draw to keep any faint hopes of qualifying for Europe alive.

If your following the Reds to anfield or away from home, get behind the lads and Kenny and roar them over the line.

This could be the greatest comeback since Istanbul following the return of the King.

Sunday, 22 May 2011
      Barclays Premier League
      Aston Villa v Liverpool, 16:00

The 1 remaining fixture will be pivotal in our not too distant future, play your part in it.

European football is on.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011 10:39:33 am by RedLFCBlood »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: 8 Games to go lets get behind Kenny and the lads.
      Reply #1: Mar 23, 2011 08:16:56 pm
      Damn right red brother!!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2011 08:23:05 pm
      The man was brought in some stability and togetherness within the club. He was done his end and now it's up to the fans to hold up their end now.

Lately there has been some bickering about Kenny and about the crowd at Anfield but we should all put it it to bed for 2 months and get behind the team, as one unit.

Anyone lucky enough to be in Anfield or in the away section should give it their all, F**k it like for all we know it could be the last time we see the great man in the dugout (hopefully now). Come on lads, one unit with the same goal. Let's do it.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2011 08:24:10 pm
      8 wins it is.get in there redmen.  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2011 08:28:26 pm
      Yeah f***in roll on, ive gone for 20pts from the 24 on offer, not sure where that would place us but not a bad return considering the fixtures left, ideally would love the max but cant see us bagging them all tbh.

IKWT   YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,786 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2011 08:32:13 pm
      Come on Lads, we can do this. 8 straight from here on in to finish the season off.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2011 08:57:55 pm
      First up West Brom a week on Saturday Kenny facing the much maligned previous manager in Roy Hodgson, and maybe a few players like Agger and Johnson with a point to prove to Roy, the script couldn't have been wrote better.

Can't wait to come in here and say one down 3 points.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Mar 23, 2011 09:01:29 pm
      Let's get 8 wins from 8 :) That'd be a fantastic achievement.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #8: Mar 23, 2011 09:08:40 pm
      I can see us easily getting 21 points from those 8. Only place we'll struggle is the Emirates I think, Man City and Spurs won't turn us over at home the rest should be 3 pointers. That'll leave us on 66 points, and because I've quit my job to move to Oz next week I've been bored enough to do some analysis in terms of 4th place:

05/06 Arsenal 4th 67pts
      06/07 Arsenal 4th 68pts
      07/08 Liverpool 4th 76pts
      08/09 Arsenal 4th 72pts
      09/10 Spurs 4th 70pts

The trend is the CL qualifiers are steadily obtaining more points per season, however this year the gap between 1st and 4th is such that the entire league is much tighter, leaving us with a throw back to 2006. Because it's 4 from 6 I've hadda look at the others' run-ins and checked out where they'll get points, albeit predictions I'm not the worst at the pools every week. We're too far behind Man Utd, Arsenal and probably Chelsea now (9pts with a game more played) sp we're chasing City and Spurs, the latter look dog tired every week and are starting to get spiky one another; with Defoe looking for more game time and VDV yapping about being constantly subbed, they'll do well to dig out 16 more points in the final 9 games leaving them on 65 pts especially with the 2 games versus Real coming up to factor in.

City have a lesser run in but an absolute world of problems, Tevez is gone then loves then he's gone bla bla, Dzeko hasn't settled and Balotelli is a head case. They are probably likely to stump up 16 more points giving them 69pts in total. For strewth I hear you all cry. BUT they're still in the FA Cup and because we're going to smash them around Anfield the week before Mancini will be under pressure to go all out to win it, meaning resting players for the final game possibly two games should they creep by United in the semis.

Meaning it's a dog fight between us and City for that 4th spot, as unlikely as it seems we have to believe! I've been a sceptic this season but since Kenny's come in we're playing free, Suarez and Carroll are going to do everything to impress, Kuyt looks like a new man, and we’re getting everyone back for the final 5 games, so can we knick 4th? YES WE CAN

YNWA
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #9: Mar 23, 2011 09:22:51 pm
      With Gerrard, Agger and Suarez in the team, Carroll coming to peak fitness.  We CAN do it!!!
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #10: Mar 23, 2011 09:24:50 pm
      I can see us easily getting 21 points from those 8. Only place we'll struggle is the Emirates I think, Man City and Spurs won't turn us over at home the rest should be 3 pointers. That'll leave us on 66 points, and because I've quit my job to move to Oz next week I've been bored enough to do some analysis in terms of 4th place:

05/06 Arsenal 4th 67pts
      06/07 Arsenal 4th 68pts
      07/08 Liverpool 4th 76pts
      08/09 Arsenal 4th 72pts
      09/10 Spurs 4th 70pts

The trend is the CL qualifiers are steadily obtaining more points per season, however this year the gap between 1st and 4th is such that the entire league is much tighter, leaving us with a throw back to 2006. Because it's 4 from 6 I've hadda look at the others' run-ins and checked out where they'll get points, albeit predictions I'm not the worst at the pools every week. We're too far behind Man Utd, Arsenal and probably Chelsea now (9pts with a game more played) sp we're chasing City and Spurs, the latter look dog tired every week and are starting to get spiky one another; with Defoe looking for more game time and VDV yapping about being constantly subbed, they'll do well to dig out 16 more points in the final 9 games leaving them on 65 pts especially with the 2 games versus Real coming up to factor in.

City have a lesser run in but an absolute world of problems, Tevez is gone then loves then he's gone bla bla, Dzeko hasn't settled and Balotelli is a head case. They are probably likely to stump up 16 more points giving them 69pts in total. For strewth I hear you all cry. BUT they're still in the FA Cup and because we're going to smash them around Anfield the week before Mancini will be under pressure to go all out to win it, meaning resting players for the final game possibly two games should they creep by United in the semis.

Meaning it's a dog fight between us and City for that 4th spot, as unlikely as it seems we have to believe! I've been a sceptic this season but since Kenny's come in we're playing free, Suarez and Carroll are going to do everything to impress, Kuyt looks like a new man, and we’re getting everyone back for the final 5 games, so can we knick 4th? YES WE CAN

YNWA
      Good lick in Oz mate xxxxx:action-smiley-065:Lets hope your right''YES WE CAN'' :aaliverpool2xt1:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Mar 24, 2011 12:19:44 am
      What d'ya reckon Dunlop?

24 magic points?

Why not. Lets burn 'em all and give the league the summer to start worrying about us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Mar 24, 2011 11:39:55 am
      F**k 8 games. 1 game at a time, starting against WBA.

Only then do we think about City at home.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #13: Mar 24, 2011 01:06:58 pm

Agreed. Get the points on offer, and then worry about the next challenge after that.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Mar 24, 2011 01:16:27 pm

Read the OP its more of a rallying call to who ever is following us home or away over them 8 games.  :roll:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Mar 24, 2011 01:38:21 pm
      Read the OP its more of a rallying call to who ever is following us home or away over them 8 games.  :roll:

I did, and I agree.

There is 8 games to go and we need to win them all to keep any faint hopes of qualifying for Europe alive.

I will count them down and tick them off as we go by.

If will get behind the lads and Kenny and roar them over the line. (from my  :tv_happy: like)

and yes, this could be the greatest comeback since Istanbul following the return of the King.

However, as KK says, 1 game at a time. It is better than thinking of winning your next 8 to qualify. It is now just winning 1 game, then moving on to the next.

In isolation we can win all of those games. As a collection it looks pretty daunting.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #16: Mar 24, 2011 02:32:06 pm
      Loving the call to arms Blood, come on boys lets make history all over again.
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #17: Mar 24, 2011 03:10:16 pm
      If we perform like we did in the 2nd half at sunderland for the remainder of the season then we will finish very strongly.

However, I've thought for 2-3 months that the top 5 is out of reach and I still believe that is the case. I don't think our squad is anywhere near good enough to carry us through the next 8 games picking up close to or maximum points.

I think 6th place is pretty much tied up, I cant see anybody leap frogging us but I cant see us leap frogging anyone else either. So for me, these 8 games I'd like to see a bit of rotation and work out which players actually want the shirt. Try players in new positions, try kids out, A bit of a early pre-season if you like.

If kelly returns before the season closes id also like to see him put alongside agger in the middle rather than full back.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Mar 24, 2011 05:34:03 pm
      I'd like to see a bit of rotation and work out which players actually want the shirt. Try players in new positions, try kids out, A bit of a early pre-season if you like.

F**k that 4 or 5th is still mathematically possible and the teams occupying those positions are dropping points left right and centre in the form table whilst were topping it, full on assault for Europe strongest XI every game please Kenny.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Mar 24, 2011 05:40:05 pm
      F**k that 4 or 5th is still mathematically possible and the teams occupying those positions are dropping points left right and centre in the form table whilst were topping it, full on assault for Europe strongest XI every game please Kenny.

Yup. Liverpool should never give up on Europe until it is out of reach.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #20: Mar 24, 2011 07:11:36 pm
      With City and Spurs still to visit Anfield, still chance to make up a bit of ground.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #21: Mar 24, 2011 07:17:22 pm
      If we manage to cut the gap again  in 10 days time it will definitely be game on as we play City soon.#kenny has somehow managed to make the season interesting after Roy almost finished it in August.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #22: Mar 24, 2011 09:30:26 pm
      Think we can, but has anyone else heard on Radio City this morning that Suarez may be out for the rest of the season
      because of injury. Can anyone shed some light on this?
      It was deffo stated, coz a mate said he heard it too.

Quick Reply