Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Javier Pastore (PSG, previously Palermo)

Read 39128 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Javier Pastore (PSG, previously Palermo)
      Mar 29, 2011 02:19:44 am
      Javier Pastore bids 'expected from Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea'

Palermo have suggested they are expecting bids from a number of English clubs including Liverpool, Manchester United, and Chelsea for midfielder Javier Pastore in the summer, according to reports.

Palermo are said to be resigned to losing Javier Pastore to England in the summer (AP)..

Sources close to the Sicilian club have been quoted in the Italian press, suggesting the three Premier League giants are set to go head to head to sign Pastore, 21.

The playmaker has been linked to Chelsea in the past, and only last week AS Roma were mentioned as potential suitors - provided a proposed buy-out of the club is completed before the summer.

Pastore is expected to command a monstrous fee when the transfer window reopens, as club president Maurizio Zamparini has claimed to have already turned down an offer of €50million (£44m) for the Argentinean.

Manchester City's millions are also expected to come into the equation - especially if they qualify for next season's Champions League.

However, Pastore is rumoured to be more interested in either of the other giants of the north-west - Liverpool or Manchester United - because of the respective clubs' histories.

The Reds' new owner John W Henry is already lining up targets for the summer, with Pastore said to be top of his wish-list.

United are themselves planning a massive spending spree and the 21-year-old's potential to become the next South American star would fit Sir Alex Ferguson's typical transfer profile.

But Chelsea may also still have a say off the back of Roman Abramovic's spending power, which clearly hasn't waned after splashing out £75million on Fernando Torres and David Luiz in January.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/859327-javier-pastore-bids-expected-from-man-united-liverpool-and-chelsea#ixzz1HwmD4vbt
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2013 11:56:23 pm by JD »
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Re: Javier Pastore (Palermo)
      Reply #1: Mar 29, 2011 06:29:37 am
      i reckon they just made up that they had already recieved a bid worth 50m just to get his price up
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2011 11:06:08 am
      50 million? No.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,926 posts | 968 
      Reply #3: Mar 29, 2011 02:02:29 pm
      I reckon they just made up that they had already recieved a bid worth 50m just to get his price up

I agree.  I think they want to sell him, and are licking their lips at the thought of a huge offer coming in for him.  Personally, I don't think he's as good as people are making him out to be.  I have seen him play about 15-20 times in the last two seasons, and he hasn't looked better than a 20 million player.  There are plenty of attacking CM's that I'd rate higher than Pastore, although I guess he still has plenty of time to develop.  I just think we would be better off spending our money on other targets...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Mar 31, 2011 01:27:36 am
      ^ In my opinion, i can't agree at all. I think he's the best midfielder right now in Serie A.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Mar 31, 2011 01:50:02 am
      I would love him at the club don't get my wrong but £50m would be a bit too steep at the moment with other areas for improvement are more important. Hopefully Palermo hang on to him for another season and we can make a bid next summer. 
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #6: Mar 31, 2011 02:40:08 am
      The Reds' new owner John W Henry is already lining up targets for the summer, with Pastore said to be top of his wish-list.

The top of our wish list is very crowded, according to the papers. We have a new player at the top of it nearly every day. John Henry is a busy boy. I don't know how he finds the time to run his baseball team or romance his wife. :D
      Kong Krog
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 383 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 31, 2011 10:08:04 am
      Maybe 50 mil in a few years, but right now he isnt producing qualities worth 50 mil, mostly because of his age i reckon. But he certainly has a lot of potential and he is using quite a lot of it now. He just needs the experience you gain from age.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #8: Mar 31, 2011 11:37:33 am
      This would be a great signing,the fee is mad but player exchange and a few mill should seal the deal.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #9: Mar 31, 2011 11:39:13 am
      player exchange and a few mill should seal the deal.

That'll be about half our squad, plus "a few mill" then!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #10: Mar 31, 2011 11:56:03 am
      That'll be about half our squad, plus "a few mill" then!

Maybe 30 million plus Aquliani could get him. Gives Palermo a quality replacement along with 30 million

IMO Pastore is an amazing player, best midfielder by far in Serie A and one of the best in Europe. And is only 21. Has a great touch, great vision, great dribbling skills and is a top finisher.

Not many around who are better then him.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #11: Mar 31, 2011 11:58:37 am
      Maybe 30 million plus Aquliani could get him. Gives Palermo a quality replacement along with 30 million

IMO Pastore is an amazing player, best midfielder by far in Serie A and one of the best in Europe. And is only 21. Has a great touch, great vision, great dribbling skills and is a top finisher.

Not many around who are better then him.

Fair enough, just the previous post sounded a bit like Poulsen plus £2-3 million would have done the trick! :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #12: Mar 31, 2011 12:06:54 pm
      He loves putting it between the legs, eh? :laugh:

Also alot of flicks and back heels. Would be wonderful to have a player his age at Anfield!

Sign him up, Kenny! Sign him up!
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #13: Mar 31, 2011 12:19:43 pm
      Wonder if they would want Poulsen..... :f_tongueincheek:
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #14: Mar 31, 2011 01:45:55 pm
      Great player, but 50 million is just too much.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #15: Mar 31, 2011 04:16:10 pm
      He likes a nutmeg doesn't he.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #16: Mar 31, 2011 05:41:51 pm
      Not a priority in my opinion.

Sort the wide areas out and if there is a fair bit of money left over (which I actually think there will be) then go for him. He's been world class everytime I've seen him. I think he could be a natural successor to Gerrard in terms of the creative side.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Mar 31, 2011 11:52:21 pm
      If we don't get him now, i think we'll regret it. We want a better midfield that creates more chances and right now we don't have a natural attacking midfielder. I think if he's available, we'd be silly not to at least try.

He is a star.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #18: Apr 01, 2011 01:01:38 pm
      If we don't get him now, I think we'll regret it. We want a better midfield that creates more chances and right now we don't have a natural attacking midfielder. I think if he's available, we'd be silly not to at least try.

He is a star.

Would you drop Meireles for him then?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Apr 01, 2011 01:11:45 pm
      Yep. Easily.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Apr 01, 2011 01:45:14 pm
      It all depends on how much we're going to spend in total. Can't sign a 50 million player if we're not spending more than 100 million this summer. Too many positions to be filled.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #21: Apr 01, 2011 01:46:55 pm
      I'd really love him, to be honest. Don't want to see him playing against us for Chelsea or Man United.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Apr 01, 2011 02:05:49 pm
      Doubt he will Utd are bust and according to the media Chelsea are going to sign about 200 players in the Summer

Quick Reply