Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Pepe staying!

Read 8792 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Pepe staying!
      May 13, 2011 11:32:58 am
      Another piece of good news

Pepe Staying
      José Reina, has said his future is at Anfield and that he believes Liverpool are heading in the "right direction" under the management of Kenny Dalglish.

When Dalglish, who on Thursday signed a three-year contract to become permanent manager, was brought in on an initial temporary basis in January to replace the sacked Roy Hodgson, the situation at Anfield looked bleak. Liverpool were 12th in the Premier League, only four points above the relegation zone.

Fernando Torres then secured his £50m transfer to Chelsea, and it appeared his Spain team-mate Reina would be next out of the door.

But, in just over four months, the 28-year-old goalkeeper has been persuaded by results on the pitch and a change in atmosphere that he can still fulfil his ambitions at Anfield.

"I am looking forward to next season. I have always said [that] – of course there was a bit of doubt back in December and January because we were not even close to where we are now," Reina said.

"We have had excellent news on Kenny's contract, Steve Clarke's [who also signed a three-year deal as first-team coach] and all of the technical staff. We are heading in the right direction and we are optimistic.

"I think by making the right steps and taking them, we can all see the difference between now and then. That's why we are now optimistic about the future and are looking forward."

Liverpool are now fifth in the table and victory over Tottenham on Sunday at Anfield will secure Europa League football for next season.

Liverpool's recent form has prompted talk of Liverpool being able to mount a title challenge next season – a scenario which would have been met with ridicule at the turn of the year.

Reina is confident they will improve but will not get carried away. "We have to be calm because we know how hard it is to compete with the big teams out there," he said. "Fifth position is not the one that belongs to Liverpool, we aim higher and hopefully next season we can finish higher.

"We are all looking forward to next season, but we have to finish the job on Sunday. By winning we will mathematically be sure of fifth and that is our target – to beat Tottenham, make sure we get into Europe for next season and then get some rest, which I think we deserve as well."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/13/liverpool-pepe-reina

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011 07:43:28 pm by redkenny, Reason: Please include the text from the article when starting a new topic »
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Re: Pepe staying !
      Reply #1: May 13, 2011 11:33:28 am
      you beat me to it
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #2: May 13, 2011 11:33:33 am
      Old news.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #3: May 13, 2011 11:37:13 am
      Never thought he was going anywhere to be honest with you, but great news either way !
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: May 13, 2011 11:41:34 am
      Does this mean I can get a goalie jersey with Reina on the back yet? ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3386 
      Reply #5: May 13, 2011 11:48:18 am
      All falling into place now.

As the song says "come on baby let the good times roll"
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #6: May 13, 2011 11:59:46 am
      Does this mean I can get a goalie jersey with Reina on the back yet? ;)

Hell yeah !
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: May 13, 2011 12:01:14 pm
      Christ, makes me think of the summer immediately following the 2008/09 season.

We'd come so close, and felt we were just a couple of signings from challenging seriously on all fronts, EVERY year.

As it turned out, no money was forthcoming, and the rot began to set in of Hicks and Gillett's plundering. Doubt settled into their minds, and key players started walking away.

A couple of years on, we're looking stronger again, but this time the signs are positive. Kenny's in, Steve Clarke's in, all aspects of the club are pulling together with one objective: to win.

Great to hear Pepe has seen the light and wants to stay. Fantastic keeper, and a top bloke.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: May 13, 2011 12:15:01 pm
      Was never in doubt was it ? :D

Good news though all the same.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: May 13, 2011 12:18:08 pm
      Great news. I love Pepe and in my opinion, he's the best goalkeeper in the world because not only he keeps goals out but he actually contributes goals indirectly.

At least there are still players with sense who are able to see the long term goals.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #10: May 13, 2011 12:19:19 pm
      I will be at Anfield next season, says Liverpool's Pepe Reina
      • Goalkeeper says he has no thoughts of leaving
      • 'We are heading in the right direction under Dalglish'

Press Association
      guardian.co.uk,    Friday 13 May 2011 10.41 BST
      Article history

Pepe Reina says he is looking forward to next season now that Liverpool have appointed Kenny Dalglish permanently. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
      The Liverpool goalkeeper, Pepe Reina, says his future is at Anfield and believes the club is heading in the "right direction" under the management of Kenny Dalglish.

When Dalglish, who yesterday signed a three-year contract to become permanent manager, was brought in on an initial temporary basis in January to replace the sacked Roy Hodgson, the situation at Anfield looked bleak. Liverpool were 12th in the Premier League, only four points above the relegation zone.

Fernando Torres then secured his £50million transfer to Chelsea, and it appeared his Spain team-mate Reina would be next out of the door.

But, in just over four months, the 28-year-old goalkeeper has been persuaded by results on the pitch and a change in atmosphere he can still fulfil his ambitions at Anfield.

"I am looking forward to next season. I have always said [that] - of course there was a bit of doubt back in December and January because we were not even close to where we are now," said Reina.

"We have had excellent news on Kenny's contract, Steve Clarke's [who also signed a three-year deal] and all of the technical staff. We are heading in the right direction and we are optimistic.

"I think by making the right steps and taking them, we can all see the difference between now and then.

"That's why we are now optimistic about the future and are looking forward."

Liverpool are now fifth in the table and victory over Tottenham on Sunday at Anfield will secure Europa League football for next season.

Liverpool's recent form has prompted talk of Liverpool being able to mount a title challenge next season - a scenario which would have been met with ridicule at the turn of the year.

Reina is confident they will improve but will not get carried away.

"We have to be calm because we know how hard it is to compete with the big teams out there," he added.

"Fifth position is not the one that belongs to Liverpool, we aim higher and hopefully next season we can finish higher.

"We are all looking forward to next season, but we have to finish the job on Sunday.

"By winning we will mathematically be sure of fifth and that is our target - to beat Tottenham, make sure we get into Europe for next season and then get some rest, which I think we deserve as well."
      GRAHAM01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #11: May 13, 2011 12:26:05 pm
      top bloke, really happy he is staying, it would have been very hard to replace him
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #12: May 13, 2011 12:26:57 pm

Yeah, I know.

I never doubted it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: May 13, 2011 12:35:59 pm
      Never in doubt with Kenny in charge !

If the barn owl was still here, he could blame him for leaving.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: May 13, 2011 12:51:40 pm
      Well, at least that's sorted. Never doubted him staying, any way.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #15: May 13, 2011 12:58:47 pm
      The news just keeps getting better.

It's been a long time since we had anything to celebrate and now it's coming by the bus load.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #16: May 13, 2011 01:25:59 pm
      Read various reports on him wanting to go to other clubs, as much as I thought it was never in doubt, stranger things have happened and this has been one F***ing strange season.

Glad to see it put to bed now, a few signings in the summer and the puzzle will be complete.
      I am Pater
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • LFC fan in Texas
      Reply #17: May 13, 2011 01:41:18 pm
      I'm a new LFC fan. Can someone give me an idea where Reina would rank among the other Premier League goalies? I assume top 5 at the least but is he higher, like 1 or 2?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: May 13, 2011 01:46:54 pm
      I'm a new LFC fan. Can someone give me an idea where Reina would rank among the other Premier League goalies? I assume top 5 at the least but is he higher, like 1 or 2?

Best in the Premier League mate. 

Welcome to the forum and LFC, you've joined us at the start of a very exciting new era.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #19: May 13, 2011 01:49:21 pm
      Well if you go off clean sheets then I think he's number 4, (but take into account our poor start to the season). But I'd say Pepe is the best keeper and Joe Hart (Man City) 2nd.
      Andrei
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 149 posts |
      • I'll think about something.
      Reply #20: May 13, 2011 01:50:56 pm
      I really think that Pepe was just about to go but now that KK was offered a contract, he's pretty sure we're heading the right way. YNWA, LFC!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #21: May 13, 2011 01:52:34 pm
      We're going to F***ing piss the league next season.
      I am Pater
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • LFC fan in Texas
      Reply #22: May 13, 2011 01:54:54 pm
      Best in the Premier League mate. 

Welcome to the forum and LFC, you've joined us at the start of a very exciting new era.

Thanks. I've really enjoyed the past few months and I agree that LFC is entering an exciting era. Suarez has won me over with his style of play.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #23: May 13, 2011 01:55:54 pm

First of all, welcome to the best Liverpool forum on the net :)

I would say he is the best in the world. Not only he makes important saves as in, a save that decides whether we win or not but he can also start attacks with his passing and vision.

Not many goalkeepers can do that.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #24: May 13, 2011 01:57:07 pm
      One rat left, thinking the ship was sinking.  The rest stayed and will be rewarded.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: May 13, 2011 01:58:03 pm
      Thanks. I've really enjoyed the past few months and I agree that LFC is entering an exciting era. Suarez has won me over with his style of play.

He's won everyone over, such a joy to see him play.  
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #26: May 13, 2011 02:37:05 pm
      the first summer in many that we dont fear our best players will be leaving (or have they all gone!) how times are changing!
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #27: May 13, 2011 02:43:17 pm
      Thats amazing he is staying, come on pepe clean sheet on sunday  ;D ;D
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #28: May 13, 2011 03:31:12 pm
      I really think that Pepe was just about to go but now that KK was offered a contract, he's pretty sure we're heading the right way. YNWA, LFC!

Before KK arrived I'm sure he was definitely thinking about leaving but since January I don't think he's been thinking about it, for example there was this article a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8475513/Liverpool-goalkeeper-Pepe-Reina-happy-calm-and-comfortable-on-Merseyside.html
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #29: May 13, 2011 03:54:29 pm
      The might of Daglish!! His man management skills are the best thier is! He will be able to attract some of the best players in the world!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: May 13, 2011 04:25:13 pm
      Best stopper in the EPL, no question, as for the rest of the Globe probably top 5, IMO, it seems the worlds best do like to ply their respective trades at Anfield when you add Gerrard, Suarez and Pepe, and of course our manager King Kenny, it may be to early to say but aside from Maureen, Guardiola,  Ancellotti, (cough, cough) Fergie, i'd put Kenny on the list probably top 5-6, its only in European football our man is lacking but give him time he will remedy that blip, yeah, Pepe staying is pivotal to our success, he would be very hard to replace and would more than likely never be as good, he can very obviously smell the success coming our way, and also he can rub it into his compatriot who believed went to a better club, Tee-Hee, pr**k!!,

Well in Pepe, love ya man!!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #31: May 13, 2011 05:02:55 pm
      See, this is what I like about Pepe in comparison to Torres. Clearly Pepe had doubts about his future at Liverpool in January, wasn't too sure about what the club was coming to, but he stayed and stuck it out and now he wants to be part of a side that's rapidly improving. But with Torres, he thought he was better than the club, jumped ship and look at him now, at a club that relies purely on money to attract players and has possibly the worst fans in England.

Well done Pepe, your loyalty shows.  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: May 13, 2011 05:04:33 pm

Wonder if you can fit
      REINA
      BEEFCAKE
      on a jersey
       :laugh:
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #33: May 13, 2011 08:47:59 pm
      Wonderful news to have it "official". Only keeper I've ever seen to almost have an assist.
      I mean, he set up Suarez amazingly during the Fulham game. Should have been a Penalty!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: May 13, 2011 09:21:41 pm
      One rat left, thinking the ship was sinking.  The rest stayed and will be rewarded.

hear f***in hear
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #35: May 13, 2011 10:02:03 pm
      Wonderful news to have it "official". Only keeper I've ever seen to almost have an assist.
      I mean, he set up Suarez amazingly during the Fulham game. Should have been a Penalty!

He already has an assist for the Dossena goal vs Utd!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #36: May 13, 2011 10:04:46 pm

To be honest he's done it a few times, there were a few times when he used to find Torres quite a bit.

On the penalty shout, seen it a few times and I'm convinced if it's a push, it should of been a red and a free-kick because the first contact happened just outside the box.

Made up Pepe's feeling a bit more happy and to think Project Owl and his arl b***ard cohort thought he needed to be more 'English.'

It's a F***ing insult to the man, for a foreign keeper, he couldn't be more 'English.' The only time he seems to come out and punch now is when he has no chance of catching the ball as compared to say his first season here when he virtually punched out every cross that came into the box.

Love the fact he hardly ever gets injured as well!
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #37: May 13, 2011 10:37:58 pm
      I guess I'd settle for a free kick from just outside the area  ;) .

To be honest he's done it a few times, there were a few times when he used to find Torres quite a bit.

On the penalty shout, seen it a few times and I'm convinced if it's a push, it should of been a red and a free-kick because the first contact happened just outside the box.

Made up Pepe's feeling a bit more happy and to think Project Owl and his arl b***ard cohort thought he needed to be more 'English.'

It's a f**king insult to the man, for a foreign keeper, he couldn't be more 'English.' The only time he seems to come out and punch now is when he has no chance of catching the ball as compared to say his first season here when he virtually punched out every cross that came into the box.

Love the fact he hardly ever gets injured as well!

More English? Did you see that clip on the LFC site a few weeks ago with him and Kuyt? The were quizzing them on the Liverpool area to see who was more Scouse. Both did pretty well!
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Features/Whos-more-Scou-25803.php3
      MsGerrard
      Reply #38: May 14, 2011 01:06:33 am
      This is just the best news almost on a par with Kenny signing for 3 years, Pepe is such an integral part of the team, our number one stopper, absolutely love him to bits, and I'm so happy he's ours.

More English? Did you see that clip on the LFC site a few weeks ago with him and Kuyt? The were quizzing them on the Liverpool area to see who was more Scouse. Both did pretty well!

That clip is fabulous, I was grinning from ear to ear at the pair of them  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: May 14, 2011 01:07:44 am

Wonder if you can fit
      REINA
      BEEFCAKE
      on a jersey
       :laugh:

I love that pic of Pepe, he's so gorgeous  8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #40: May 14, 2011 01:23:12 am
      I guess I'd settle for a free kick from just outside the area  ;) .

That's what Project Owl claimed in an interview earlier in the season and was talking more about his goalkeeping.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #41: May 14, 2011 01:37:47 am
      Just finished reading Kenny's latest book and it is so relevant and vital that pepe has committed to us once again after reading how much the King rates him...'The best in the world'.

Another great indication of the king's great return to the anfield dug out.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #42: May 14, 2011 02:47:52 am
      See, this is what I like about Pepe in comparison to Torres. Clearly Pepe had doubts about his future at Liverpool in January, wasn't too sure about what the club was coming to, but he stayed and stuck it out and now he wants to be part of a side that's rapidly improving. But with Torres, he thought he was better than the club, jumped ship and look at him now, at a club that relies purely on money to attract players and has possibly the worst fans in England.

Well done Pepe, your loyalty shows.  ;)

Sums it up for me.  After that rat left the ship torpedo'd by the owl and the cancers, I really thought he would be gone this summer.  But he's reassuring us now that he's our man between the posts. Thank you Pepe!  You are a legend.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #43: May 14, 2011 07:08:37 am
      Great news best keeper in the world including Cassilas
      Pepe your a legend unlike your judas mate torres.

He got exactiy what he deserved 40 pieces of silver.

Pepe YNWA
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #44: May 14, 2011 07:40:56 pm
      This is indeed fantastic news, he is the best keeper in the world, bar none.

But if I have this right, he still has a buyout clause which can haunt us for four more years.

The club has to get him in the office asap and get him to sign another contract [with a bumper pay rise if he wants, he's worth it] and get rid of that buyout clause. We cant have the sword of Damocles hanging over the clubs head for the next four years.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #45: May 14, 2011 07:43:44 pm
      He's on course to break the most consecutive appearance in the league for us then ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Re: Pepe staying!
      Reply #46: May 16, 2011 07:27:56 pm
      Reina excited by "bright future" at Reds

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina has committed himself to the club's "project" having sought reassurances from director of football Damien Comolli about transfer plans for the summer.

Reina admitted last week he had been unsure of his own future with the side languishing in 12th place in the Premier League earlier this season. However, the arrival of Kenny Dalglish, who signed a three-year contract on Thursday, and the turnaround in results has persuaded the 28-year-old to stay.

"In recent weeks I believe we are going in the right direction and we have to keep it like that," said Reina, who also briefly spoke to principal owner John Henry following Sunday's 2-0 defeat at home to Tottenham. "Next season it will be more positive and the quicker we react and improve the better it will be for the club.

"It won't change as quickly as night follows day, it may take a little while, but we are optimistic. I think the owners are preparing a big summer and hopefully we are going to be right in there with transfers and those players who are coming in will help us to improve the squad.

"I have been talking to Comolli as well, asking about the future, and I believe in this club and the project.

"In December and January I think most of the people, not just us players, were doubting we were good enough. I never felt I had to leave because I wanted to believe in the project but the situation was not nice and the mood around the place was not good.

"Fortunately that is not the case any more and we are prepared to take the next step forward and that is where we have to look now. It is not about the past, it is about the bright future we have in front of us.

"I am happy here and my family really wanted to stay because we are happy."

Sunday's defeat to Tottenham, courtesy of a Rafael van der Vaart volley and Luka Modric's controversially-awarded penalty, handed the advantage to Harry Redknapp's side in the race for the final Europa League place.

Reina admits they missed their chance to secure fifth place against Spurs, who inflicted Dalglish's first home defeat since he returned as manager in January.

But he stressed they would not give up the fight, even if there is a train of thought which suggests Liverpool would be better off not qualifying for Europe in order to concentrate their efforts on the league and fighting their way back into Champions League contention.

"We had it in our hands but we messed it up," added the goalkeeper.

"It is still not finished. Spurs still have to play Birmingham, which is not easy for them as they are fighting against relegation.

"The main thing is to keep fighting and win our game at Villa, which is also not going to be easy.

"Fifth position looks as close as ever. We want to play in Europe, I cannot be clearer.

"Liverpool is about Europe and being involved in every single competition. Being in those gives us the chance to win them.

"We are optimistic knowing that we have to improve and there are plenty of things to improve."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/920594/reina-excited-by-?cc=3888
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #47: May 16, 2011 07:55:19 pm
      Well in Pepe lad. Whenever he is mentioned I always think of that video of him singing on the mic with the Spanish team, classic. When he eventually packs in for Liverpool he could always become a singer.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #48: May 16, 2011 07:57:59 pm
      Always like to read some direct quotes from the players. Thanks for posting Adryan.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: May 16, 2011 08:02:05 pm
      He is excited by our transfer targets that is good enough for me, obvious it is not some of the sh*te the media is linking us to. Can anyone really see Reina excited by the signings of Adam Jarvis or Long
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #50: May 16, 2011 08:18:09 pm
      He is excited by our transfer targets that is good enough for me, obvious it is not some of the sh*te the media is linking us to. Can anyone really see Reina excited by the signings of Adam Jarvis or Long
      Hopefully he knows something that we don't!
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #51: May 16, 2011 08:32:19 pm
      I think the owners are preparing a big summer and hopefully we are going to be right in there with transfers and those players who are coming in will help us to improve the squad.

"I have been talking to Comolli as well, asking about the future, and I believe in this club and the project.

"Fortunately that is not the case any more and we are prepared to take the next step forward and that is where we have to look now. It is not about the past, it is about the bright future we have in front of us.

He had a lot of doubts, and Henry and Comolli have since put big thoughts in his head.

Great news for all of us! :aaliverpool2xt1:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #52: May 17, 2011 11:07:19 am
      This is another step in the right direction, Pepe as everyone knows is a world class keeper, would have been very difficult to replace.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #53: May 17, 2011 11:32:52 am
      Great decision Pepe,great news cause it would of being a nightmare trying to replace him.
      I believe Mr Comoli was in his ear telling him the plans for the coming seasons.

With the best keeper in the world between the sticks,we have the best chance of getting some silverware next season,
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Address
      Reply #54: May 17, 2011 01:46:43 pm
      Never doubted it.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #55: May 17, 2011 08:04:10 pm
      He already has an assist for the Dossena goal vs Utd!
      And Riera's goal v Villa a couple of years back
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: May 17, 2011 08:11:47 pm

Same, I was always confident. There was lot's of talk when Torres left last January but I was still confident hw would stay to be honest.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #57: May 17, 2011 10:16:20 pm
      Whilst I wouldn't 'guarantee' anyone to stay.  I remember Xabi and Javier saying similar things - one area we probably don't want to start messing with is our keeper.

And well in to Pepe on being our most 'appeared' player this season.

He'll hit 50 for the season if he plays against Villa. Which of course he will.  If Kenny and Clarke had been there from the start of the season he would be picking up another Golden Glove.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #58: May 17, 2011 10:19:40 pm
      And Riera's goal v Villa a couple of years back

And Torres' goal against Fulham a couple of years ago.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #59: May 17, 2011 10:35:16 pm
      Made up he is staying of course and like others, I can't help but be a little excited about the things he is saying regarding the 'Big Summer'.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #60: May 17, 2011 10:36:24 pm
      Made up he is staying of course and like others, I can't help but be a little excited about the things he is saying regarding the 'Big Summer'.

Been promised a big summer before, some how I have more faith than last time it was promised.
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #61: May 17, 2011 11:46:45 pm
      Should be a big summer. The new owners are a bit smarter than the last. (and I say 'a bit' very sarcastically)
      Henry at least knows that you can't build a team through the "draft"!  :lmao: :lmao:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #62: May 18, 2011 01:27:06 pm
      people want to work with kenny. i believe pepe always favoured staying because of his passion for the club, but such was woy's skills in bringing doubt and shadow over everything he did, that even pepe prob started to question his future.

great news though, welcomed with open arms.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #63: May 18, 2011 01:36:28 pm
      This is great news.

You don't win anything unless you've got a decent goalie (see Arsenal).

Something else we haven't got to worry about and we can build on during the summer.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #64: May 18, 2011 01:47:11 pm
      I'm happy that this's been sorted now. It would've been a huge problem for us, if he decided otherwise.

Great news.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #65: May 18, 2011 06:28:32 pm
      You don't win anything unless you've got a decent goalie (see Arsenal).

Or a good defence (see Arsenal).

;)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #66: May 18, 2011 11:37:40 pm
      Or a good forward

Quick Reply