Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pepe staying!

Read 8726 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Pepe staying !
      Reply #23: May 13, 2011 01:55:54 pm
      I'm a new LFC fan. Can someone give me an idea where Reina would rank among the other Premier League goalies? I assume top 5 at the least but is he higher, like 1 or 2?

First of all, welcome to the best Liverpool forum on the net :)

I would say he is the best in the world. Not only he makes important saves as in, a save that decides whether we win or not but he can also start attacks with his passing and vision.

Not many goalkeepers can do that.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #24: May 13, 2011 01:57:07 pm
      One rat left, thinking the ship was sinking.  The rest stayed and will be rewarded.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: May 13, 2011 01:58:03 pm
      Thanks. I've really enjoyed the past few months and I agree that LFC is entering an exciting era. Suarez has won me over with his style of play.

He's won everyone over, such a joy to see him play.  
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #26: May 13, 2011 02:37:05 pm
      the first summer in many that we dont fear our best players will be leaving (or have they all gone!) how times are changing!
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #27: May 13, 2011 02:43:17 pm
      Thats amazing he is staying, come on pepe clean sheet on sunday  ;D ;D
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #28: May 13, 2011 03:31:12 pm
      I really think that Pepe was just about to go but now that KK was offered a contract, he's pretty sure we're heading the right way. YNWA, LFC!

Before KK arrived I'm sure he was definitely thinking about leaving but since January I don't think he's been thinking about it, for example there was this article a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8475513/Liverpool-goalkeeper-Pepe-Reina-happy-calm-and-comfortable-on-Merseyside.html
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #29: May 13, 2011 03:54:29 pm
      The might of Daglish!! His man management skills are the best thier is! He will be able to attract some of the best players in the world!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: May 13, 2011 04:25:13 pm
      Best stopper in the EPL, no question, as for the rest of the Globe probably top 5, IMO, it seems the worlds best do like to ply their respective trades at Anfield when you add Gerrard, Suarez and Pepe, and of course our manager King Kenny, it may be to early to say but aside from Maureen, Guardiola,  Ancellotti, (cough, cough) Fergie, i'd put Kenny on the list probably top 5-6, its only in European football our man is lacking but give him time he will remedy that blip, yeah, Pepe staying is pivotal to our success, he would be very hard to replace and would more than likely never be as good, he can very obviously smell the success coming our way, and also he can rub it into his compatriot who believed went to a better club, Tee-Hee, pr**k!!,

Well in Pepe, love ya man!!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #31: May 13, 2011 05:02:55 pm
      See, this is what I like about Pepe in comparison to Torres. Clearly Pepe had doubts about his future at Liverpool in January, wasn't too sure about what the club was coming to, but he stayed and stuck it out and now he wants to be part of a side that's rapidly improving. But with Torres, he thought he was better than the club, jumped ship and look at him now, at a club that relies purely on money to attract players and has possibly the worst fans in England.

Well done Pepe, your loyalty shows.  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: May 13, 2011 05:04:33 pm

Wonder if you can fit
      REINA
      BEEFCAKE
      on a jersey
       :laugh:
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #33: May 13, 2011 08:47:59 pm
      Wonderful news to have it "official". Only keeper I've ever seen to almost have an assist.
      I mean, he set up Suarez amazingly during the Fulham game. Should have been a Penalty!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: May 13, 2011 09:21:41 pm
      One rat left, thinking the ship was sinking.  The rest stayed and will be rewarded.

hear f***in hear
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #35: May 13, 2011 10:02:03 pm
      Wonderful news to have it "official". Only keeper I've ever seen to almost have an assist.
      I mean, he set up Suarez amazingly during the Fulham game. Should have been a Penalty!

He already has an assist for the Dossena goal vs Utd!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #36: May 13, 2011 10:04:46 pm

To be honest he's done it a few times, there were a few times when he used to find Torres quite a bit.

On the penalty shout, seen it a few times and I'm convinced if it's a push, it should of been a red and a free-kick because the first contact happened just outside the box.

Made up Pepe's feeling a bit more happy and to think Project Owl and his arl b***ard cohort thought he needed to be more 'English.'

It's a F***ing insult to the man, for a foreign keeper, he couldn't be more 'English.' The only time he seems to come out and punch now is when he has no chance of catching the ball as compared to say his first season here when he virtually punched out every cross that came into the box.

Love the fact he hardly ever gets injured as well!
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #37: May 13, 2011 10:37:58 pm
      I guess I'd settle for a free kick from just outside the area  ;) .

To be honest he's done it a few times, there were a few times when he used to find Torres quite a bit.

On the penalty shout, seen it a few times and I'm convinced if it's a push, it should of been a red and a free-kick because the first contact happened just outside the box.

Made up Pepe's feeling a bit more happy and to think Project Owl and his arl b***ard cohort thought he needed to be more 'English.'

It's a f**king insult to the man, for a foreign keeper, he couldn't be more 'English.' The only time he seems to come out and punch now is when he has no chance of catching the ball as compared to say his first season here when he virtually punched out every cross that came into the box.

Love the fact he hardly ever gets injured as well!

More English? Did you see that clip on the LFC site a few weeks ago with him and Kuyt? The were quizzing them on the Liverpool area to see who was more Scouse. Both did pretty well!
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Features/Whos-more-Scou-25803.php3
      MsGerrard
      Reply #38: May 14, 2011 01:06:33 am
      This is just the best news almost on a par with Kenny signing for 3 years, Pepe is such an integral part of the team, our number one stopper, absolutely love him to bits, and I'm so happy he's ours.

More English? Did you see that clip on the LFC site a few weeks ago with him and Kuyt? The were quizzing them on the Liverpool area to see who was more Scouse. Both did pretty well!

That clip is fabulous, I was grinning from ear to ear at the pair of them  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: May 14, 2011 01:07:44 am

Wonder if you can fit
      REINA
      BEEFCAKE
      on a jersey
       :laugh:

I love that pic of Pepe, he's so gorgeous  8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #40: May 14, 2011 01:23:12 am
      I guess I'd settle for a free kick from just outside the area  ;) .

That's what Project Owl claimed in an interview earlier in the season and was talking more about his goalkeeping.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #41: May 14, 2011 01:37:47 am
      Just finished reading Kenny's latest book and it is so relevant and vital that pepe has committed to us once again after reading how much the King rates him...'The best in the world'.

Another great indication of the king's great return to the anfield dug out.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #42: May 14, 2011 02:47:52 am
      See, this is what I like about Pepe in comparison to Torres. Clearly Pepe had doubts about his future at Liverpool in January, wasn't too sure about what the club was coming to, but he stayed and stuck it out and now he wants to be part of a side that's rapidly improving. But with Torres, he thought he was better than the club, jumped ship and look at him now, at a club that relies purely on money to attract players and has possibly the worst fans in England.

Well done Pepe, your loyalty shows.  ;)

Sums it up for me.  After that rat left the ship torpedo'd by the owl and the cancers, I really thought he would be gone this summer.  But he's reassuring us now that he's our man between the posts. Thank you Pepe!  You are a legend.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #43: May 14, 2011 07:08:37 am
      Great news best keeper in the world including Cassilas
      Pepe your a legend unlike your judas mate torres.

He got exactiy what he deserved 40 pieces of silver.

Pepe YNWA
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #44: May 14, 2011 07:40:56 pm
      This is indeed fantastic news, he is the best keeper in the world, bar none.

But if I have this right, he still has a buyout clause which can haunt us for four more years.

The club has to get him in the office asap and get him to sign another contract [with a bumper pay rise if he wants, he's worth it] and get rid of that buyout clause. We cant have the sword of Damocles hanging over the clubs head for the next four years.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: May 14, 2011 07:43:44 pm
      He's on course to break the most consecutive appearance in the league for us then ;)

Quick Reply