Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool 0-2 Spurs in game and post match annoyance

Read 47465 times
      JQ
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Re: Liverpool -v- Spurs in game and post match annoyance
      Reply #575: May 15, 2011 06:29:22 pm
      Webb you manc biased F***ing c**t, not that we played well enough today but he's a F***ing joke!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #576: May 15, 2011 06:30:55 pm
      Get two wingers just to see Carroll dropping into midfield to drifting over to the wing? 

as much as it sounds good on the paper i have to disagree. Signing two new wingers and try to adapt a playing style for 1 player cant be good. Without carroll, kenny have proved that our team is capable of 1 touch fast paced football so i hope kenny trys to change carrolls playstyle rather then the whole teams.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #577: May 15, 2011 06:31:01 pm
      Maybe because we do not have two wide men who get their heels white an get to the by line and whip a cross in.

Have you thought about that ?

End of the day if you watched enough of Andy Carroll at Newcastle you'd know what his strengths are and they weren't displayed in that match for sure and if you know enough about Kenny and his like for natural wingers in his sides then you can see his reasoning for buying Carroll.

I've watched Newcastle a lot. Probably more then you, I've been to 4-5 of their games this season.

And it's obvious that Carroll is a target man but it's easy to see that Dalglish hasn't figured out the best way to use him in the squad we've currently got. Not the squad we may have in a months time.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #578: May 15, 2011 06:34:51 pm
      We've spent £35m on Carroll.

Like it or not, we WILL adapt out football to suit him and Suarez. Which will be to buy wingers. Not only to cross but to free up space in the midfield for Suarez to roam in.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #579: May 15, 2011 06:34:56 pm
      That penalty call killed the game off! It was Pienaar and an 18 year old boy going shoulder to shoulder, nobody expected Flanno to win that and that's why Webb gave it!! After that, I have to say hats off to Dawson and King...they put in a great defensive performance! Lets just pray we can dust ourselves off for Villa and that Birmingham can do us a favour!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #580: May 15, 2011 06:36:07 pm
      What a joke, we were pretty poor and spurs were crap but defended well after being gifted a 2-0 lead. Webb was atrocious the whole.game and it was never a pen. We just have to beat Villa and hope Brum get something at White Heart Lane.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #581: May 15, 2011 06:36:28 pm
      I've watched Newcastle a lot. Probably more then you, I've been to 4-5 of their games this season.

Don't be daft I live in Newcastle. ;D

And it's obvious that Carroll is a target man but it's easy to see that Dalglish hasn't figured out the best way to use him in the squad we've currently got. Not the squad we may have in a months time.

Dalglish hasn't had time to figure out the best way to utilise him in the current squad as we have that many injuries, Carroll's been out for an extended period of time and barely played, then when he comes back, we have to change the system we have employed due to an injury.

Then given the fact Carroll is not match fit and coming back from an injury he's not going to be %100.

But lets not forget when Kenny bought Carroll we had bids for Ashley Young rejected too, so Kenny bought Carroll with the idea of having wingers in the side to play to his strengths.

Like I said. ;)

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #582: May 15, 2011 06:39:05 pm
      as much as it sounds good on the paper I have to disagree. Signing two new wingers and try to adapt a playing style for 1 player cant be good. Without carroll, kenny have proved that our team is capable of 1 touch fast paced football so I hope kenny trys to change carrolls playstyle rather then the whole teams.

We can play both ways, Carroll gives us more options
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #583: May 15, 2011 06:39:22 pm
      A conspiracy of forces.

We've scored in every league game this year up to now.
      Spurs have been leaking goals like a broken colander (and haven't won at Anfield since '93).
      Howard F***ing Webb was the 'referee'.

As soon as I saw Webb, I thought there would be problems.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #584: May 15, 2011 06:41:28 pm
      Spurs neutralised our pass & move game. we couldn't win unless we changed our game.
      this is the type of games which highlights our weaknesses;
      we lack a creative CM(Modric was just awesome) and we need someone as back-up for the creative Gerrard.
      those who play on the wings(Kuyt, Cole, Maxi) are not dribblers and we need 2 class wingers.

Kenny knows what to do
      YNWA!!!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #585: May 15, 2011 06:41:38 pm
      We can play both ways, Carroll gives us more options
      i really hope so. my only concern is that we gonna end up buying 2 wingers just to get the best out of carrol rather then looking for 2 wingers who suits the whole whole team.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #586: May 15, 2011 06:43:06 pm
      I'm too pissed off to post too much right now.

All i'll say is - Howard Webb. We were always gonna have issues. If that was a penalty, then we should have had two penalties as well. Absolute c**t. We didn't play our best, but we didn't play bad enough to lose.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #587: May 15, 2011 06:45:33 pm
      Don't be daft I live in Newcastle. ;D

My deepest sympathy is with you living there  ;D

Dalglish hasn't had time to figure out the best way to utilise him in the current squad as we have that many injuries, Carroll's been out for an extended period of time and barely played, then when he comes back, we have to change the system we have employed due to an injury.

Then given the fact Carroll is not match fit and coming back from an injury he's not going to be %100.

But lets not forget when Kenny bought Carroll we had bids for Ashley Young rejected too, so Kenny bought Carroll with the idea of having wingers in the side to play to his strengths.

Like I said. ;)

I'm not the denying the fact that he needs wingers to get crosses in. But ATM we haven't got that. And IMO Dalglish hasn't found the best way to utilize Carroll's ability. Even with the injuries.

We get 2/3 wingers in and it's a completely different story.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #588: May 15, 2011 06:51:40 pm
      Some of the comments over on RAWK about Caroll are an absolute embarassment. Makes me cringe reading them, some of those idiots can't be Liverpool fans, simply clueless morons. Talk about knee-jerks.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #589: May 15, 2011 06:54:04 pm
      I don't think Carroll played that bad to be honest.  Didn't have that much service and it was his first game back.  Plus Spurs basically shat themselves if he got the ball near the 18 yard line and closed him down quickly.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #590: May 15, 2011 07:03:58 pm
      And IMO Dalglish hasn't found the best way to utilize Carroll's ability.

How many Games has Carroll played ?

Give over for fucks sake.

Not every player can make an immediate impact like Suarez.

We get 2/3 wingers in and it's a completely different story.

Exactly  - Carroll signed a 5 and a half year deal, not a six month one, so chillax.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #591: May 15, 2011 07:10:28 pm
      How many goals has a fully fit world cup winning 50m pound striker scored for a team challenging for the title? How can you expect a young player to fit toght in to our squad? Some people are just muppets. Criticising KK is so far out of order it is not true.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #592: May 15, 2011 07:17:48 pm
      How many goals has a fully fit world cup winning 50m pound striker scored for a team challenging for the title? How can you expect a young player to fit toght in to our squad? Some people are just muppets. Criticising KK is so far out of order it is not true.

Who's KK?

I'm not criticizing Carroll, I just don't think he's had the supply from wide positions which he relays on.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #593: May 15, 2011 07:19:41 pm
      It was a s**t sandwich of a performance..
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #594: May 15, 2011 07:20:27 pm
      Apart from the sc*m ref 
      We missed Raul,
       As for carroll ! does anyone think that Kenny would have brought him to lverpool if he was not good, and for that price , I say wait till he is fully fit , and has a good pre-season
       YNWA
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #595: May 15, 2011 07:21:14 pm
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #596: May 15, 2011 07:24:14 pm

Of course, what a F***ing idiot I am. Thanks!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #597: May 15, 2011 07:25:30 pm

:lmao:

You aren't that dim are you? :D

Quick Reply