Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Jordan Henderson (Sunderland)

Read 71550 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Sunderland)
      Reply #23: Jun 01, 2011 11:32:06 pm
      For £13m, I'd say yes.

Think he has bags of potential. Everyone goes on about Rodwell and Wilshere but Henderson is a great prospect.

Agreed mate, for 13m definitely. Think he's got some future ahead of him.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #24: Jun 01, 2011 11:32:32 pm
      Madness at that price. An unproven player for 13 million. I have heard Sunderland want 16-18 million for him. We could get Ever Banega for 15 million euro IMO
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Jun 01, 2011 11:32:34 pm
      Also Henderson can play right wing. This signing either suggests that we're going to be playing 433 next season or Henderson will be used on the winger IMO.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Jun 01, 2011 11:45:53 pm
      I'm a fan. Big fan. I've always liked Rodwell but I think Henderson could be a far more rounded Central midfielder.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #27: Jun 01, 2011 11:48:46 pm
      This lad is not bad player,the 20 mill would throw me off a bit.10 maybe but i thought someone came out a squashed these rumours today.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #28: Jun 01, 2011 11:49:49 pm
       We shouldn't be wasting a huge amount of money on an unproven talent. U expect the finished product for that price. We need ready made quality to compete with the top 4 clubs not potential
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: Jun 01, 2011 11:50:48 pm
      I rate him. Only 20 and has potential. Fits in well with FSG's policy.

Imagine Henderson, Shelvey, Flanagan, Robinson, Spearing, Suarez, Wilson, Kelly and Carroll bossing the pitch in a couple of seasons.

Sign him up! But not sure if 20 million is a good sum but I'd take him for 13.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Jun 01, 2011 11:56:11 pm
      Think this might mean Wigan said not selling when we approached for McCarthy. Like I said though, I like Henderson, especially for 10-13m but for 20m? No thanks.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #31: Jun 02, 2011 12:17:18 am

Dalglish in chase for Henderson

By Sam Wallace
      Thursday, 2 June 2011

Sunderland's England international Jordan Henderson has emerged as a leading target for Liverpool this summer as they seek to strengthen their midfield.

The 20-year-old has been identified as one of Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli's top targets with the hope that a deal can be done early in the summer.

Henderson has been a target for Manchester United but they want Luka Modric and Wesley Sneijder.

A box-to-box midfielder in the Steven Gerrard mould, Henderson made his debut for the senior England team against France in November. He would cost around £20m as one of the brightest young English talents – he has four years left on his contract at Sunderland where he came through the youth academy.

Liverpool are also interested in Stewart Downing at Aston Villa. They have missed out on Downing's team-mate Ashley Young, who is set for United. Charles Nzogbia, at Wigan Athletic, is another target. It is in keeping with the policy established by Kenny Dalglish and Comolli of signing players they believe still have their best years ahead of them.

There are concerns at Liverpool that United could muscle in on the Henderson deal. The player is represented by Neil Fewings, the same agent who oversaw Darren Bent's move to Aston Villa. There would be disquiet among Sunderland fans if he was allowed to leave but an offer of around £20m would be difficult for the club to turn down.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/dalglish-in-chase-for-henderson-2291978.html
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #32: Jun 02, 2011 12:58:27 am
      Ngog plus 6 million would be a good deal for both parties? Particularly us methinks!!! Let's shift all the deadwood and get proper competition for places!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Jun 02, 2011 01:02:48 am
      They're desperate for a striker but i don't think that desperate  :laugh:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Jun 02, 2011 01:10:34 am
      They're desperate for a striker but i don't think that desperate  :laugh:

We'll just add an inho to the end of his name and forge a Brazilian passport beach ball head will go for it, N'Goginho Sunderland's number 9.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: Jun 02, 2011 01:15:58 am
      We'll just add an inho to the end of his name and forge a Brazilian passport beach ball head will go for it, N'Goginho Sunderland's number 9.

Now we're talking.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Jun 02, 2011 01:27:48 am
      Underwhelmed by this to be honest, only positive I can take from it is he's not Joey Barton.

Not sure if that's how I should feel about players potentially coming into the club.  :-\
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #37: Jun 02, 2011 01:31:22 am
      I really don't want him. We can do so much more with the money IMO.

Both Ever Benega would prove far better value for money (who'd cost less then 13 million) or Martinez who'd cost 20+ who is 10x better then Henderson.

I feel if we want to invest in English talent, invest in the very highest caliber of British players and if we want decent but overrated English players, then develop them ourselves.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Jun 02, 2011 01:33:47 am
      I really don't want him. We can do so much more with the money IMO.

Both Ever Benega would prove far better value for money (who'd cost less then 13 million) or Martinez who'd cost 20+ who is 10x better then Henderson.

Martinez signed a new 2 year extension last month with a €40m clause in it.

Agreed on Banega though who would represent better value for money at his age 22, proven both on the International and European stage, would be a no brainer for me, Valencia would probably be keen to sell too because of their finances.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #39: Jun 02, 2011 01:35:51 am
      8million plus Ngog and Jovanovic or Cole?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #40: Jun 02, 2011 01:40:02 am

Agreed on Banega though who would represent better value for money at his age 22, proven both on the International and European stage, would be a no brainer for me, Valencia would probably be keen to sell too because of their finances.

If we can see this, then why can't Comolli or Dalglish? I'm sure they'd negotiate when it comes to Martinez's fee, most Spain clubs are skint anyway.

Doesn't make sense at all.

The 1 sentence that I don't like in that article

Henderson has been a target for Manchester United but they want Luka Modric and Wesley Sneijder

I'm hoping it's not another one of these summers where we buy overrated English players when we can buy so much more without spending anything extra. Only young English center midfielder I want would be James McCarthy and his fee wouldn't be anymore then 12 million. 
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #41: Jun 02, 2011 01:52:09 am
      If we can see this, then why can't Comolli or Dalglish? I'm sure they'd negotiate when it comes to Martinez's fee, most Spain clubs are skint anyway.

Doesn't make sense at all.

The 1 sentence that I don't like in that article

I'm hoping it's not another one of these summers where we buy overrated English players when we can buy so much more without spending anything extra. Only young English center midfielder I want would be James McCarthy and his fee wouldn't be anymore then 12 million. 
      Hes Scottish and plays for Ireland :)
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 02, 2011 01:59:36 am
      Henderson is far better suited on the right apparently, and considering the lack of right wingers I wouldnt mind him too much but we shouldnt be paying that fee, and I hope we dont

Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 02, 2011 02:01:57 am

I wouldnt go as far to say hes proven, he had his issues this season, he lost his starting job around winter @ one point....im also not sure how his game would translate in the EPL, I could easily see him getting bossed around
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 02, 2011 07:16:16 am
      Aye, stuff elsewhere about this one today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393252/Liverpool-lead-13m-chase-Sunderland-midfielder-Jordan-Henderson.html#ixzz1O43Y1f9U

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/94178.html

Admittedly these two are effectively the same as what has been posted from Guardian & Independent, and in the case of ESPN is based entirely on the Guardian article. But, it does seem to be gathering momentum in the press at least...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #45: Jun 02, 2011 07:28:36 am
      Like I said though, I like Henderson, especially for 10-13m but for 20m? No thanks.

Good enough / Not good enough.

Quick Reply