Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Jordan Henderson (Sunderland)

Read 71818 times
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Sunderland)
      Reply #989: Jun 08, 2011 07:31:57 pm
      still laughing @ the DC initials on his jumpsuit

Henderson: Im just not sure, if I want to join LFC w/o the prospect of playing in Europe
      DC:surely there is something you want that can change your mind
      Henderson: *stares @ tracksuit*

PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #990: Jun 08, 2011 07:32:28 pm
      Does anyone think he'll get into our first 11?, for me I can't see him being a regular yet
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #991: Jun 08, 2011 07:34:21 pm
      Bruce has said his best postion is right winger and he's always been viewed as an attacking midfielder.

He did get in the England team as a CM though, and he's mostly described as an athletic box to box midfielder. Guess his versatility can only be a good thing, and we'll only know Kenny's plans when the season starts, was just pointing out because Meireles tackling is a constant source of complaints and this guy doesn't seem to be any better in this aspect
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #992: Jun 08, 2011 07:36:49 pm
      I'm warming to this. Check some of the comps on him and he likes to pass and move. He's more suited to our team than Adam.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #993: Jun 08, 2011 07:46:34 pm
      Does anyone really care how much we pay for players?  Do you think any other football club's fans debate prices as heavily as we do?

The bottom line is this.

For years we have had to wait to sell players before buying - usually in the last week of August.

The transfer window opened 7 days ago and we've aggressively gone in looking to purchase. Some people are missing the bigger picture here.

The previous owners took the fans' money and put into their own pockets. The new owners take the fans money and reinvest them in the team. Its obvious and no one is missing that point.

None the less, if we overpay vastly for players it equates throwing fans money out of the window so fans are in their good right to question the amounts that are paid for players.

I assume we should all be in dreamland if we bought back Voronin for 30 million tomorrow?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #994: Jun 08, 2011 08:02:30 pm
      ^^^^
      All valid, yet ruined by stupid parting comment
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #995: Jun 08, 2011 08:02:43 pm
      I assume we should all be in dreamland if we bought back Voronin for 30 million tomorrow?

Don't be so ridiculous.  You don't know any of the facts regarding the transfer.  You don't know the comparative wages at the end of this summer compared to last - you don't know how the deal to Sunderland is structured.

If the new owners want to pump £1BN on players in the expectation that the club will be worth £1.5BN then that is their choice.

As long as it isn't the club's debt then I fail to see why anyone is sitting there moaning about prices when firstly - you are only guestimating a price based on what journos say.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #996: Jun 08, 2011 08:05:15 pm

Why the F**k would you assume that?   >:D

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #997: Jun 08, 2011 08:09:27 pm
      Peter Beardsley regarding Henderson

"I dont know the fee involved but hes a very good young player. Kenny has a great eye for players and has obviously seen something"

Oh hang on a super footballer rates the young lad while pointing out Kennys eye for talent hmmm

But 16 million whine moan whinge. Im done now in this thread.   
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #998: Jun 08, 2011 08:11:41 pm
      http://youtu.be/tHXhDqJ0NHo

Anyone else think we should of signed Nathan Luscombe?  ;)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #999: Jun 08, 2011 08:20:52 pm
      Well said Brian lad!

IKWT!
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Reply #1000: Jun 08, 2011 09:00:52 pm
      Will he be at CM here because i dont think hes fast enough to be a winger and i think of him as a little stevie g
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #1001: Jun 08, 2011 09:05:29 pm
      Don't be so ridiculous.  You don't know any of the facts regarding the transfer.  You don't know the comparative wages at the end of this summer compared to last - you don't know how the deal to Sunderland is structured.

If the new owners want to pump £1BN on players in the expectation that the club will be worth £1.5BN then that is their choice.

As long as it isn't the club's debt then I fail to see why anyone is sitting there moaning about prices when firstly - you are only guestimating a price based on what journos say.

The only ridiculous thing around here was you insinuating that we shouldnt give a rats ass how much we pay for players. I dont know anything about the transfer, true, but apparently some people found any of the numbers quoted by journos way above what the players is worth am Im just saying that they are in their good right to question how much we pay for players.

All economy regarding the club somehow leads back to the fans one way or the other. TV-subscriptions, sponsors etc. all leads back to the fans pockets and if we make a loss on Henderson that loss will eventually be covered by fans.

I completely agree that this is paradise compared to when Rafa couldnt make the previous owners shell out the few extra quids it would have taken to land Dani Alves, but I dont think anyone is missing that point.

For the record, I dont know sh*t about Henderson and fully trust Kennys assesment and valuation. Just saying that those who actually have seen him play and dont value him at any of the prices quoted are in their good right to do so. Especially since we dont want to be the new Chelsea or Man C who buy their titles by throwing around money.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1002: Jun 08, 2011 09:19:09 pm
      The only ridiculous thing around here was you insinuating that we shouldnt give a rats ass how much we pay for players. I dont know anything about the transfer, true, but apparently some people found any of the numbers quoted by journos way above what the players is worth am Im just saying that they are in their good right to question how much we pay for players.

All economy regarding the club somehow leads back to the fans one way or the other. TV-subscriptions, sponsors etc. all leads back to the fans pockets and if we make a loss on Henderson that loss will eventually be covered by fans.

I completely agree that this is paradise compared to when Rafa couldnt make the previous owners shell out the few extra quids it would have taken to land Dani Alves, but I dont think anyone is missing that point.

For the record, I dont know sh*t about Henderson and fully trust Kennys assesment and valuation. Just saying that those who actually have seen him play and dont value him at any of the prices quoted are in their good right to do so. Especially since we dont want to be the new Chelsea or Man C who buy their titles by throwing around money.
      We haven't 'bought' any of our previous eighteen titles, why would we start now?

Your remark about paying 30m for Voronin and being in dreamland was a bit OTT, though.

The fact is several teams have been after Henderson for a while. Everybody sees something in the boy, it doesn't matter what we pay for him now, because he is a huge prospect and will be worth so much more in a few years.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1003: Jun 08, 2011 09:45:38 pm
      Welcome to the greatest club in the world Jordan
      Fill your boots son
      YNWA
      IKWT
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #1004: Jun 08, 2011 09:56:01 pm
      Anyone have any idea when the deal will be completed?
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #1005: Jun 08, 2011 09:56:35 pm
      Welcome to the greatest club in the World Hendo  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #1006: Jun 08, 2011 11:30:29 pm
      Her's got Damien Comolli's tracksuit on in that video, check out the initials. ;D

Check him out trying to understand what Comolli is saying by walking quickly alongside him and looking at his mouth :lmao:
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #1007: Jun 08, 2011 11:36:07 pm
      ^ He's definitely doing the I-don't-know-what-you-just-said-so-I'll-smile-and-nod-and-hope-it-wasn't-a-question :D
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #1008: Jun 08, 2011 11:48:10 pm
      Welcome Lad to the best club in the world.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1009: Jun 08, 2011 11:55:02 pm
      This may be a stupid observation to make from the video but it seems like he knows how to handle himself with people, even Commoli. He genuinely looked very pleased with what was going on as well. Despite some fans doubts, I think he is an excellent player. Were he will fit in to our starting team beats me.

However, welcome to the club Jordan. Your joining the greatest football club in the world and I hope you know that. Best of luck mate!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #1010: Jun 09, 2011 12:19:08 am
      The previous owners took the fans' money and put into their own pockets. The new owners take the fans money and reinvest them in the team. Its obvious and no one is missing that point.

None the less, if we overpay vastly for players it equates throwing fans money out of the window so fans are in their good right to question the amounts that are paid for players.

Unless I'm missing something then surely most fans would want the money they put into the club spent on players.

As far as over paying goes a player is only worth what a selling club thinks they can get for him and what the buying club are willing to pay. It really is that easy and we have a manager who most, if not all of us support and if we can't trust him to spend the clubs money wisely then who can we?
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #1011: Jun 09, 2011 12:33:50 am
      We haven't 'bought' any of our previous eighteen titles, why would we start now?

Your remark about paying 30m for Voronin and being in dreamland was a bit OTT, though.

The fact is several teams have been after Henderson for a while. Everybody sees something in the boy, it doesn't matter what we pay for him now, because he is a huge prospect and will be worth so much more in a few years.

The original post said that the main point here was that we had gone out aggressively in the beginning of the transfer market. The Voronin line was a joke to underline what that logic implied.

Say one week of negotiations could have cut half a million of the price. Half a million pounds could buy you around 10000 tickets to the first home game of the season right? Give those to hardworking Scousers who cant afford or get hold of a ticket. Just a completely hypothetical example of what nice things you could do for fans with the money involved in such transfers. So if someone felt that we paid at least 5m too much, I understand why they voice that opinion.

As I said, I know sh*t about Henderson and trust Kenny. I just thought that "Does anyone really care how much we pay for players?" was a bit OTT.

Quick Reply