Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread

Read 832411 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: The Transfer Rumours/Gossip Thread
      Reply #12650: Dec 28, 2012 06:36:30 pm
      I'd want to see more of Sahin the first team before deciding to spend 14m on him to be honest.
      Agree.

It could well be a great signing but let's see him for the second half of the season before committing as he has taken a while to settle so far.

Yeah I'd agree with this and I really like Sahin. Like I said, if we could get him on the reasonable cheap, I'd definitely take. Real paid like 8m for him. If we can get that kind of a fee, I'd be pretty happy. But like you both say, let's see him more regularly first.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #12651: Dec 28, 2012 06:37:19 pm
      Have to say IMO Sahin has been brutal the first half of the season, based only on tHat no way I would pay 14m for someone we can t even find a spot for in the starting 11.

However I trust there are people on here who know a lot more than me about him and have seen him in Germany so maybe it could work out but surely by the end of the season we've gotta find a place for him before we sign the cheque
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #12652: Dec 28, 2012 06:44:29 pm
      Sahin is a top class second midfielder. He is basically coming off of a year off while warming the bench at Madrid. I'd love to have him here and 14 million would be a steal, based on his work at Dortmund.
      Is he physical enough for the Prem? He looks slight, and he gets muscled off the ball too often
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #12653: Dec 28, 2012 06:46:50 pm
      Maybe Sahin not starting for us latley could be us calling Madrids bluff on the player yet behind closed doors hoping we can get him for less than the figure being banded out?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12654: Dec 28, 2012 06:52:27 pm
      Is he physical enough for the Prem? He looks slight, and he gets muscled off the ball too often

I think so. Don't forget he's played his whole life in Germany just about, and you practically have to kill someone to get a booking with some of those refs.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #12655: Dec 28, 2012 07:00:43 pm
      I think it's worth mentioning that many foreign players do require a bit of time to get accustomed to the speed of play in the Prem.  Lucas and Alonso both struggled with it at first.  It will take a bit of time for him to settle and adapt his game, but he has the skills, vision, and ability to be a top player for us.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #12656: Dec 28, 2012 07:32:10 pm
      I think it's worth mentioning that many foreign players do require a bit of time to get accustomed to the speed of play in the Prem.  Lucas and Alonso both struggled with it at first.  It will take a bit of time for him to settle and adapt his game, but he has the skills, vision, and ability to be a top player for us.

I agree, if we can land him on a permanent I don't think we'd be disappointed
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,424 posts | 6420 
      Reply #12657: Dec 28, 2012 07:34:39 pm
      Maybe Sahin not starting for us latley could be us calling Madrids bluff on the player yet behind closed doors hoping we can get him for less than the figure being banded out?

People are aware he's been injured right?
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #12658: Dec 28, 2012 07:36:37 pm
      I doubt it will happen. Allen is BR's love child, Sahin is miles better than allen.Unless we sell Henderson i don't think we will sign him permanently.
      May be Sahin and lucas with allen providing cover for both of them.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #12659: Dec 28, 2012 07:36:46 pm
      Wesley Snjieder has been dropped by Inter, available on the cheap. The things I would do to have him in the team *drool*
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #12660: Dec 28, 2012 07:36:59 pm
      People are aware he's been injured right?

It's been said a few times now but it doesn't seem to have sunk in
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #12661: Dec 28, 2012 07:38:52 pm
      Wesley Snjieder has been dropped by Inter, available on the cheap. The things I would do to have him in the team *drool*
      :D
      Why would you think he will come to us?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #12662: Dec 28, 2012 08:02:11 pm
      Why would you think he will come to us?

Because it's better than what he's got currently.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #12663: Dec 28, 2012 08:17:02 pm
      Jack Butland may be sold to ease Birmingham's financial worries

Press Association
      guardian.co.uk, Friday 28 December 2012 15.08 GMT

Jack Butland may leave Birmingham in the January transfer window in order to keep the club out of administration. The 19-year-old England goalkeeper is being chased by several teams, most notably Liverpool, who are understood to have already been in talks with the Midlands club.

Birmingham rejected a £6m bid from Southampton in the summer, but the acting chairman, Peter Pannu, has admitted the cash-strapped club may not be able to resist such temptations next month.

"I can't say that we are in a very wonderful situation, I would be lying if I said that," Pannu told the Birmingham Mail. "This is a very tricky question [player sales]. What I can say is that – and I might be blasted for this by the fans – but no one is for sale and everyone is available. As at any club.

"Give me a £15m offer for Jack Butland, can I say no? I have rejected £6m from Southampton but I rejected it when our finances were OK. As the time is ticking, I might not be able to reject it if I get something similar.

"I do have a responsibility to keep the club running. My top priority now – and if I do offend anyone, I care not – is to make sure this clubs stays afloat."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/28/jack-butland-sold-birmingham-liverpool
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #12664: Dec 28, 2012 08:26:37 pm
      We should go after Eduardo Vargas, from Napoli.

It's being rumoured that some Brazilian clubs are trying to get him. He's definitely worth a look, excellent player.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #12665: Dec 28, 2012 09:04:34 pm
      Because people always ask "who else can we get", I'll post a few more names I'd like seeing in Liverpool red:

- Eduardo Vargas (Napoli): in all honesty, I have hardly watched Napoli lately so I have no idea of why he's struggling there. Still, I thought last year he would be a good signing for us and I still do, based on his level of performance for Universidad de Chile. Quick and skilfull player, he can operate on the wings or as a striker, and plays with high intensity, great at pressing opposing defenses. La U played great football (some would call their style "Bielsista") and he was easily their best player.

- Giuliano (Dnipro): can't say I watch the Ukranian league either but I believe Giuliano would be playing for Brazil right now if he wasn't playing for such an obscure team. Very technical player, fast thinking and skilfull. Would be excited to have him as our attacking midfielder.

Both players are being rumoured with transfers to Brazilian clubs, so I wouldn't call any of them unrealistic.

My guess is that Giuliano would be killing to move to any club that puts him in the public eyes again, because talent wise he was tipped to be a regular for Brazil during his (amazing) time with Internacional. Vargas is supposedly seeking a move back to South America after not adapting well at Napoli, but clubs are offering them loan deals and I think it wouldn't hurt to try him as well. I'm sure he could find the idea of playing for LFC rather interesting.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12666: Dec 28, 2012 09:15:52 pm
      Because people always ask "who else can we get", I'll post a few more names I'd like seeing in Liverpool red:

- Eduardo Vargas (Napoli): in all honesty, I have hardly watched Napoli lately so I have no idea of why he's struggling there. Still, I thought last year he would be a good signing for us and I still do, based on his level of performance for Universidad de Chile. Quick and skilfull player, he can operate on the wings or as a striker, and plays with high intensity, great at pressing opposing defenses. La U played great football (some would call their style "Bielsista") and he was easily their best player.

- Giuliano (Dnipro): can't say I watch the Ukranian league either but I believe Giuliano would be playing for Brazil right now if he wasn't playing for such an obscure team. Very technical player, fast thinking and skilfull. Would be excited to have him as our attacking midfielder.

Both players are being rumoured with transfers to Brazilian clubs, so I wouldn't call any of them unrealistic.

My guess is that Giuliano would be killing to move to any club that puts him in the public eyes again, because talent wise he was tipped to be a regular for Brazil during his (amazing) time with Internacional. Vargas is supposedly seeking a move back to South America after not adapting well at Napoli, but clubs are offering them loan deals and I think it wouldn't hurt to try him as well. I'm sure he could find the idea of playing for LFC rather interesting.

We might have to wait until they play an English side over here mate. Our scouts are afraid of flying remember?

Would love us to go out and sign an exciting South American though.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #12667: Dec 28, 2012 09:40:26 pm
      Wingers and forwards should be priority for January, then look at central midfield roles in the summer. We currently have Jonjo, Gerrard, Suso, Henderson, Cole. If another AM come in i think both Henderson and Cole would have to leave, which would probably happen in the summer, rather than January.
      Ricardo Quaresma just been made available on a free
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8344964/Portugal-winger-Ricardo-Quaresma-leaves-Besiktas-six-months-before-deal-expires
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #12668: Dec 28, 2012 09:42:31 pm
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #12669: Dec 28, 2012 09:43:38 pm

I very much doubt it

He was the most overrated pile of sh*te I have ever witnessed see play.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #12670: Dec 28, 2012 09:46:17 pm
      No then.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #12671: Dec 28, 2012 09:49:03 pm

:laugh:

We were linked heavily with him once upon a time when Rafa was the manager.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #12672: Dec 28, 2012 09:49:11 pm

Sorry

No would have been the quicker answer

Quick Reply