Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Benayoun: Already fed up with first team chances?

Read 6616 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Benayoun: Already fed up with first team chances?
      Reply #23: Aug 23, 2007 08:44:20 am
      Yeah i agree with most, not to read too much into it.
      He is a good player and he knows his time will come. I would prefer Luis though!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #24: Aug 23, 2007 05:46:21 pm
      What did Benayoun expect?to walk straight- in to the leagues best team,hes now a small fish in a big pond.unlike at west ham where the opposite can be said.he will have to accept it just like the other players.
      superhans
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 24, 2007 03:49:11 pm
      Still I can see why hes gettin a bit annoyed.. he hasnt even been in the squad for a game yet has he? I think as the season goes on Babel and Benayoun will start to get more games..just like pennant and masherano did towards the end of last season.

I like the way Rafa is trying to blood his players into the team rather than sticking them straight into the starting 11 with the obvious exception of Torres.
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 25, 2007 09:22:39 am
      I think this is all just agent hype.  If Yossi came on camera saying such things, I'd be very annoyed, and would think he's a tw*t, but I don't want to believe that any player signing for Liverpool would or could expect a place in the squad, let alone the team, because the whole world knows how unpredictable Rafa's selections are.

As has been said in the 'spine of the team' thread, there really are only three guaranteed names on the teamsheet, Pepe, Jamie, and Stevie, and even then they may be rotated against weaker opposition.

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #27: Aug 25, 2007 09:26:52 am
      As has been said in the 'spine of the team' thread, there really are only three guaranteed names on the teamsheet

I'm sure Richobaz would have something to say about that :D
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #28: Aug 25, 2007 09:30:15 am
      I'm sure Richobaz would have something to say about that :D

Very true  :D  :D
      Njadula
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #29: Aug 27, 2007 11:36:16 am
      As has been said in the 'spine of the team' thread, there really are only three guaranteed names on the teamsheet, Pepe, Jamie, and Stevie, and even then they may be rotated against weaker opposition.

.................... and we always forget Finnan in that exclusive group, the most under rated but most consistent right back in the Premier League.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Oct 01, 2007 10:20:59 am
      LINK

YOSSI: I'LL BE READY WHEN NEEDED

Yossi Benayoun today admitted he's happy to keep on playing the role of super sub for Rafael Benitez if it helps the Reds to more victories.
      Benayoun was the match-winner at Wigan on Saturday when he came off the bench to net the only goal of the game and prevent the Reds slipping to their third consecutive goalless draw in the league.

It was the Israeli's second goal in two games and his first of the season in the Premier League.

"I will take this every game – coming on with 20 minutes to go and scoring, as long as we keep winning," he said.

"I'm really happy to score but that doesn't matter so long as we get the results.

"The most important thing, even if I'm only on for 10 minutes or so, is to prove I am good enough and contribute like that.

"If the manager says I can make a difference then I believe him but I'm here for a reason and that's to provide moments like that.

"You have to be ready for everything here and I am. We have a great squad, full of talented players, and I would not tell anyone I should be playing – but I am ready if needed.

"It was an important goal because if we'd have drawn there would have been a lot of pressure on us. It is a good win because Wigan are a good side and will take a lot of points off teams here. They deserve a lot of credit.

"It was very frustrating seeing what was happening, because we'd missed three or four chances and you do wonder if it is going to be a day when they don’t go in.

"But one thing we have is a lot of confidence that we could win, because at least we were creating a lot. We've got the quality in the side to do that."

Considering what he was first saying about 'I'm going to walk if you don't play me', he comes on as a super sub and scores a good goal against Wigan.

He'll be saying I'm not happy sitting on the bench next week.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Oct 01, 2007 10:52:38 am
      To be fair the previous comments were attributed to his agent, whereas thes comments seem to have come directly from him. I know which I'd be more likely to believe.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #32: Oct 01, 2007 12:00:32 pm
      Humble player, helps a lot in the background (as he can speak spanish).

His goal versus Wigan will prove to be VERY valuable come May...

Babel to warm the bench for league games IMHO.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: Oct 01, 2007 01:31:26 pm
      Babel to warm the bench for league games IMHO.

I think it's a bit early to be saying that.

As far as I'm aware Benayoun has played on the left twice this season, and one of those times he was woeful. I'm not taking anything away from Saturdays performance, it was a wonderful goal, but he still has to do a bit more before being considered a nailed on starter anywhere, let alone on the left.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #34: Oct 01, 2007 01:47:24 pm
      I have to agree with Eddie here, its a bit premature relegating Babel to the bench already... sure, Yossi saved us from alot of red faces, not to mention the negative post-match posting, but he's nowhere near nailing down a first team spot. It sounds like he is willing to give this rotation business a fair go...
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #35: Oct 05, 2007 02:34:05 am
      hes got yet to prove him self as far as im concerned, he played like dogs balls in the marseille game!
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #36: Oct 05, 2007 06:24:45 am
      hes got yet to prove him self as far as im concerned, he played like dogs balls in the marseille game!
      Sorry but are you stupid, did you watch the game? I think that Benayoun was the only one in the midfield who didn't muck up......only problem was that he didn't get it enough because we didn't have any possession to give it to him.

Anyway, thats funny because Crouch and Benayoun have both now backed Rafa and his policy
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #37: Oct 05, 2007 07:11:34 am
      yeh i watched the bloody game, he made plenty of sh*t passes and mistakes just like the rest of them. im a fan of the rotation policy but ive already spoken of that in the other thread

Quick Reply