Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Laptop Help

Read 11927 times
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Laptop Help
      Jul 10, 2011 08:48:13 pm
      I'm having a big problem with my laptop, and if anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop which I got last May and its been fine up until last night when it just randomly crashed and came up with a blue screen saying it had to turn itself off. So I turned it back on and it said turn on in safe mode or start normally. I opted with safe mode and it came up with 'loading files' and a bar but then didn't carry on loading in safe mode, it went back to the launch options screen so I tried normal launch. After about 5-10 mins saying 'starting windows' it came up with the same blue screen saying it had to turn itself off.

And it's done the same thing for the past 24 hours. If I press F8 or F12 it doesn't do anything. F12 does come up with something to do with check the memory but it doesn't help in bringing up my desktop.

Soo, if anyone can offer any advice it would be gratefully appreciated, if not I'll go to the PC World Tech Guys and see if they can do anything besides charging me an arm and a leg!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Laptop Help
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2011 09:19:21 pm
      In order to find out what's going on, I need the code that it comes up with on the blue screen - the very first one.

i.e. It'll be like:
      Code: [Select]
      This is the one I need -->0x000000XXX (0x000000XXX 0x000000XXX 0x000000XXX)
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2011 09:36:24 pm
      My sister has that Laptop, gets problems all the time, I don't really rate Dell computers as much as I used to. I'm pretty sure she had that problem due to overheating as dust had collected in the fan so it wouldn't rotate, open it up or give it to someone to do, give it a clean and try again, also make sure it is not covered on the underneath like when you put it on a bed or cushion, have it on a flat surface to prevent it heating up.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2011 09:51:34 pm
      That line says *** STOP: 0x00000074 (0x0000000000000002, 0xFFFFF880032CBAE0, 0x0000000000000004, 0xFFFFFFFFC000014D)
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2011 10:03:55 pm
      We don't have a screwdriver in the house so I'll try that tomorrow. I hope it's just that its over heated, I do have it on a lot, and not a virus or something that's going to wipe my hard drive
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2011 10:32:55 pm
      We don't have a screwdriver in the house so I'll try that tomorrow. I hope it's just that its over heated, I do have it on a lot, and not a virus or something that's going to wipe my hard drive

Looks like Reslivo is the man to save the day here. Bought my missus the same laptop and it has been fine but recently she has had blue screen with power adaptor fault message coming up. I think the laptop battery has gone but the laptop works fine off normal power so i fail to see how the adaptor is at fault.

Hope Reslivo sorts it out for you, know how frustrating it can be when your laptop goes down. Great to know that there are Tech Guys of our own on the forum, could save you a small fortune as i wouldn't recommend PC World, they are rip off merchants.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2011 11:07:29 pm
      Looks like faulty RAM.

You'll need to either take it to a PC repair shop (they'll rip you off to F**k) or simply check the RAM yourself by opening the computer up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2011 11:24:06 pm
      I'm having a big problem with my laptop, and if anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop which I got last May and its been fine up until last night when it just randomly crashed and came up with a blue screen saying it had to turn itself off. So I turned it back on and it said turn on in safe mode or start normally. I opted with safe mode and it came up with 'loading files' and a bar but then didn't carry on loading in safe mode, it went back to the launch options screen so I tried normal launch. After about 5-10 mins saying 'starting windows' it came up with the same blue screen saying it had to turn itself off.

And it's done the same thing for the past 24 hours. If I press F8 or F12 it doesn't do anything. F12 does come up with something to do with check the memory but it doesn't help in bringing up my desktop.

Soo, if anyone can offer any advice it would be gratefully appreciated, if not I'll go to the PC World Tech Guys and see if they can do anything besides charging me an arm and a leg!

I have the same laptop and it done the exact same thing. Not using it at the minute though.

Is it difficult to fix Reslivo?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2011 11:57:11 pm
      I have the same laptop and it done the exact same thing. Not using it at the minute though.

Is it difficult to fix Reslivo?

Again, I'll need your Bluescreen error code, because it could be something completely unrelated to this.

Could be a RAM stick isn't in properly, or it could even be something like your HDDs SATA/IDE cable coming slightly loose. Or even your CPU starting to burn out (but that's the worst case).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2011 11:58:57 pm
      Again, I'll need your Bluescreen error code, because it could be something completely unrelated to this.

Could be a RAM stick isn't in properly, or it could even be something like your HDDs SATA/IDE cable coming slightly loose. Or even your CPU starting to burn out (but that's the worst case).

I'll not bother you with it now mate as I don't use it at the minute but if I start it up and get the code I'll put in on here and if you know what the problem is I'd appreciate it but as I said no real urgency just that this thread put it back in my head.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Jul 11, 2011 12:04:16 am
      I'll not bother you with it now mate as I don't use it at the minute but if I start it up and get the code I'll put in on here and if you know what the problem is I'd appreciate it but as I said no real urgency just that this thread put it back in my head.

Sure thing mate, just let me know whenever.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jul 11, 2011 12:14:38 am
      Res  = The Laptop king fixer  :clap:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #12: Jul 11, 2011 12:15:26 am
      Res  = The Laptop king fixer  :clap:

Should keep it quiet Cas. He will get tortured on here for help :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Jul 11, 2011 12:34:09 am
      He's a real star is our Res...does so much behind the scenes on the forum that nobody knows or sees....his head wont fit through the door when he sees this  ;)

Seriously. he's a top fella is our Res  :clap:
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #14: Jul 11, 2011 11:19:30 am
      Looks like faulty RAM.

You'll need to either take it to a PC repair shop (they'll rip you off to F**k) or simply check the RAM yourself by opening the computer up.

How do I go about doing that Res? Like what am I looking for/ how do I repair it?

Sorry to keep asking questions but I only know the basics if computers! Thanks for your help so far though :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #15: Jul 11, 2011 11:39:30 am
      Hard to explain, so I found a website:

Link

Remove one, then turn the laptop on. If you BSOD again, the stick you left in is faulty. Remove that, and put the one you removed earlier back in.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      laptop help plz windows not responding
      Reply #16: Jul 12, 2011 07:43:10 pm
      hello all my laptop doing my head in ,when i navigate around the net every so often as i change page the curser turns blue and then says windows not responding and stops for about 10/15 second
      lappy is acer 5735
      plz help
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17: Jul 12, 2011 08:43:48 pm
      hello all my laptop doing my head in ,when i navigate around the net every so often as i change page the curser turns blue and then says windows not responding and stops for about 10/15 second
      lappy is acer 5735
      plz help

Sounds like a program fault.

Download the latest version of the browser you're using.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 12, 2011 10:27:41 pm
      Hello thanks for the reply i use firefox and google chrome and both are latest versions.I use kaspersky virus protection and malwere bytes and windows defender run scans with all 3 and found nothing .The same thing happened about 2 months ago and my mates brother sorted for me but its happening again ,so trying to mend myself (save money)
      So if any person has or had this problem please help
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #19: Jul 13, 2011 12:15:15 am
      hello all my laptop doing my head in ,when I navigate around the net every so often as I change page the curser turns blue and then says windows not responding and stops for about 10/15 second
      lappy is acer 5735
      plz help

I've highlighted your problem.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #20: Jul 13, 2011 12:27:34 am

I'm sure he appreciates your help.

I'm also sure he didn't win the Euromillions tonight and therefore can't afford an Apple madeoutofgoldbook or whatever they call their laptops.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #21: Jul 13, 2011 12:41:32 am

Windows 7 is considered to be less vulnerable to infection and more user friendly than Mac OS ;)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,485 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2011 12:17:43 pm
      Probably not the right thread. Need a new laptop. Keyboard randomly stopped working on me, using the on screen keyboard (touchscreen but pain in the arse).

Stuck between these two.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/vpceb4x0e-bq.html

http://www.harveynorman.ie/psk3se-007002en.html

Quick Reply