Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

No More Paper Tickets??

Read 15781 times
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      No More Paper Tickets??
      Jul 30, 2011 02:14:58 pm
      Alright fellow Kopites.

Just wondering what the drill on tickets is now?

I heard from somewhere that the club aren't issuing paper tickets anymore and that you have to bring your membership card to games? Is this true? I'm part of a supporters club so just wanted clarification on this. Apologies if this has been covered on the forum but i couldn't seem to find anything on it.

Many Thanks.

Matt
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: No More Paper Tickets??
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2011 02:25:22 pm
      not sure about that, I received paper tickets for the Valencia friendly next week. They never asked me if I wanted them over some kind of e-ticket. Then, I don't have a membership card, so maybe that only applies to card-holders?
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2011 02:42:15 pm
      Cheers pal. Yeah seems pretty weird to me too, but thats what i was told :-S.

Anyone else know?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2011 05:33:13 pm
      Yeah it was members cards along with letters stating seat etc which were sent out week before the match last season and the majority of games the season before too
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2011 09:51:44 pm
      A lot of Premier League games last season I just had my card activated.

Bearing in mind all tickets have been sold to All Red Members then yes, their cards will be activated.  I'm not sure if it's covered for all ends of the ground.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Aug 03, 2011 11:25:26 am
      I'm confused....

Not unusual I know  :roll:

Has anybody recieved tickets for the Sunderland game?

Are the club sending out tickets for this match? or do you use your membership card?

I've had no e-mail from the club regarding this  ???

So I wouldnt know which seat to sit in  :o

Don't they normally send you an e-mail with your seat/block number etc.

I've received my tickets for the Valencia game at the weekend, but suddenly realised that I'd not had any confirmation from the club with regards to any of the other tickets I've bought - Wolves, Sunderland and Swansea.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #6: Aug 03, 2011 12:43:13 pm
      I'm confused....

Not unusual I know  :roll:

Has anybody recieved tickets for the Sunderland game?

Are the club sending out tickets for this match? or do you use your membership card?

I've had no e-mail from the club regarding this  ???

So I wouldnt know which seat to sit in  :o

Don't they normally send you an e-mail with your seat/block number etc.

I've received my tickets for the Valencia game at the weekend, but suddenly realised that I'd not had any confirmation from the club with regards to any of the other tickets I've bought - Wolves, Sunderland and Swansea.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks.

Right Ms G

I've received confirmation via EMail for my Sunderland ticket.  It came with the trench of tickets I bought at the same time.

If you go into the section where you buy tickets (pretend you are buying a Valencia ticket) log on and you will see a section called purchase history.  Go in there and this will show if you have purchased a ticket and also give you the seat details.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Aug 03, 2011 01:15:58 pm
      Right Ms G

I've received confirmation via EMail for my Sunderland ticket.  It came with the trench of tickets I bought at the same time.

If you go into the section where you buy tickets (pretend you are buying a Valencia ticket) log on and you will see a section called purchase history.  Go in there and this will show if you have purchased a ticket and also give you the seat details.

Thanks Oldred....

14/07/2011    LIVERPOOL V SUNDERLAND    AU/228/11/0198    000000003479843    PEND

Pending?
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #8: Aug 03, 2011 01:35:16 pm
      Ms G

All mine say PEND as well.

Probably is short for pending.

I think it is because the games have not yet been played and you could exchange/return them before the match.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Aug 03, 2011 01:38:34 pm
      Ms G

All mine say PEND as well.

Probably is short for pending.

I think it is because the games have not yet been played and you could exchange/return them before the match.

All mine say pending too, except for the Valencia game which I do have tickets for.

What I want to know is? Will the club be sending me tickets or do I have to take a e-mail confirmation and my membership card?

Thanks very much for all help Oldred, much appreciated.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #10: Aug 03, 2011 02:08:32 pm
      Thanks for bringing this up, stuck in the same boat.

Was going to give the ticket office a ring tomorrow meself. Mine says pending on the site but Ive also been sent an email saying my ticket has been purchased confirming seat number/row etc, but that was a good two weeks ago now.

Just wondering anyone has anyone any info on whether you're sent paper tickets through the post? Or if the match is simply activated on your members card (For the Sunderland game) would appreciate it!
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2011 02:17:14 pm by Dannylfc »
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 03, 2011 04:38:11 pm
      mine says pending, i wouldnt worry
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #12: Aug 03, 2011 05:28:29 pm
      Had to use my card for entry for games last season ,they do send confirmation to your phone via text and it is wise to print out the email you receive ,just in case there is a query,  had no problems last season .
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #13: Aug 04, 2011 01:16:40 pm
      Take your EMail and your card and you should be OK.

I didn't get any paper tickets at all last season.

I didn't have any problems but I always took the EMail confirmation just in case there was a problem.  With computers it is always wise to expect the worst.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14: Aug 04, 2011 04:12:43 pm
      What I want to know is? Will the club be sending me tickets or do I have to take a e-mail confirmation and my membership card?

When I booked my tickets it said before I added my credit card details that my membership card would be activated.

I don't remember getting a paper tickets for any Premier League games last year - card was activated each time.  Only time I had tickets was for the European games.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Aug 04, 2011 05:07:25 pm
      Thanks for all your help everyone.

My problem is  that I've had NO E-MAIL CONFIRMATION at all from the club  :o

Might pay the ticket office a visit tomorrow when I go up and see if they can throw any light on it.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #16: Aug 04, 2011 08:09:21 pm
      Thanks for all your help everyone.

My problem is  that I've had NO E-MAIL CONFIRMATION at all from the club  :o

Might pay the ticket office a visit tomorrow when I go up and see if they can throw any light on it.

If they can't give you something at the ticket office or just promise to send you an EMail then:

Print out the purchase history.

At least you've got something to demonstrate your entitlement if the worst comes to the worst.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Aug 04, 2011 08:59:44 pm
      If they can't give you something at the ticket office or just promise to send you an EMail then:

Print out the purchase history.

At least you've got something to demonstrate your entitlement if the worst comes to the worst.

Good idea, thanks Oldred, I'll let you know how I get on.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 04, 2011 11:03:55 pm
      Good idea, thanks Oldred, I'll let you know how I get on.
      You will be wasting your time emailing them, ive send two in the last 10 days and heard nothing back about the very same issues."pending" and am i recieving a paper ticket, clear as mud as usual!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #19: Aug 04, 2011 11:09:41 pm
      You will be wasting your time emailing them, ive send two in the last 10 days and heard nothing back about the very same issues."pending" and am i recieving a paper ticket, clear as mud as usual!!
      I have e mailed them at least five times in the last couple of weeks got one reply this week , cant get through on the phones either so i am waiting to go up next week and air my points of view to them , doubt it will get me anywhere but it will be good to get it off my chest.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 04, 2011 11:21:22 pm
      I have e mailed them at least five times in the last couple of weeks got one reply this week , cant get through on the phones either so I am waiting to go up next week and air my points of view to them , doubt it will get me anywhere but it will be good to get it off my chest.
      Our customer service is still crap!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Aug 04, 2011 11:36:38 pm

Not going to bother e-mailing them....I'm actually driving up to Liverpool tomorrow, will get there around 2pm and after checking in to my hotel, I'll go straight down to the ticket office and find out whats going on....I'll report back on here when I know anything that's of use to you Guys x
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 04, 2011 11:59:47 pm
      Not going to bother e-mailing them....I'm actually driving up to Liverpool tomorrow, will get there around 2pm and after checking in to my hotel, I'll go straight down to the ticket office and find out whats going on....I'll report back on here when I know anything that's of use to you Guys x
      nice one Ms Gerrard!!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #23: Aug 05, 2011 08:17:30 am
      Gunna nip down the ticket office as well later on, don't wanna risk it a week before the game.

Im still at loss why it takes them so long to send out memberships/tickets despite the fact some have ordered them at least 3 weeks ago.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #24: Aug 05, 2011 09:55:34 am
      We really need a new customer service department within the club. And the ticket office are obviously slacking. So much easier when it was all tickets, bring back the old system.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Aug 05, 2011 10:00:15 am
      We really need a new customer service department within the club. And the ticket office are obviously slacking. So much easier when it was all tickets, bring back the old system.

Agreed !!!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #26: Aug 05, 2011 12:44:15 pm
      I have an E season ticket and I like to look at the highlights of the games in my lunch hour at work on Monday.

Last season there was a lot of Sunday games (due to UEFA involvement) but when I came to look at the highlights on Monday it was blocked until Tuesday as their software indicated I was in the USA (despite my EMail address ending in .co.uk) and it was not available in the USA until Tuesday.

I went to the problem page which referred me to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) but this matter was not dealt with so I sent an EMail.

The Email came back saying they could not reply to individual EMails as they received hundreds per day and referred me to the FAQS. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Customer service is poor and I think this is due to insufficient staff rather than incompetance.  I don't think they care as there are plenty more where we come from!!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #27: Aug 05, 2011 05:51:42 pm
      My status for the Sunderland game has gone from PEND -> PRINT now
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #28: Aug 05, 2011 09:39:40 pm
      My status for the Sunderland game has gone from PEND -> PRINT now

Me too.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Aug 06, 2011 04:29:46 pm
      I went to the ticket office yesterday, it was closed  :mad: after explaining my situation to a security man, i did manage to see somone, she was very abrupt and basically told me that they will be sending out confirmation e-mails next week, so dont worry clear off and leave me alone sort of thing  !!!  :roll:

Good to see Danny and Oldred seeing pend to print now anyway, will check mine later.

Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #30: Aug 06, 2011 08:16:20 pm
      So nervous about using this new card (Had to send for a new one my old one was knackered). I only bought tickets for the Sunderland game 5 days after this new card was created. So keep having nightmares of it not being activated or something and me ending up at the turnstiles and it being buggered!

:laughing-smiley-014:

Is there any way of checking/confirming that a game has been activated on your card anyone know?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #31: Aug 07, 2011 12:03:22 pm
      So nervous about using this new card (Had to send for a new one my old one was knackered). I only bought tickets for the Sunderland game 5 days after this new card was created. So keep having nightmares of it not being activated or something and me ending up at the turnstiles and it being buggered!

:laughing-smiley-014:

Is there any way of checking/confirming that a game has been activated on your card anyone know?
      Just take your e mail confirmation with you , also if your num is registered with them they normally send you a text a few days before the game confirming your seat num etc ,at least thats how it went last season , check your e mails there should be one there confirming your details .
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 07, 2011 07:35:39 pm
      Finally i have an official answer to this question, after waiting for THIRTEEN days for a reply, i get a response saying use yopur fan card to gain entry in the the Ground!!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #33: Aug 07, 2011 07:43:46 pm
      Finally I have an official answer to this question, after waiting for THIRTEEN days for a reply, I get a response saying use yopur fan card to gain entry in the the Ground!!

Brilliant customer service as always........ :roll:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Aug 07, 2011 08:17:29 pm
      Finally i have an official answer to this question, after waiting for THIRTEEN days for a reply, i get a response saying use yopur fan card to gain entry in the the Ground!!

Thanks REDMAN, at least we know the answer now for definate.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #35: Aug 08, 2011 12:36:37 am
      This is the reply i got, you can see the detail and effort that went into answering my query!! :lmao:

Thanks for contacting Liverpool Football Club

Sorry for the late reply this was due to the heavy work load in pre season with phone calls and e-mails. You will be using your fan card.

Thanks for your continued support

Great customer service as usual!!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #36: Aug 10, 2011 08:45:43 am
      Well folks it seems there are still paper tickets as i have had mine delivered today for the sunderland game , now my fan card is activated from last season , and these are the first i have had for a long time .So i dont quite understand what is going on.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #37: Aug 10, 2011 11:12:27 am
      Well folks it seems there are still paper tickets as i have had mine delivered today for the sunderland game , now my fan card is activated from last season , and these are the first i have had for a long time .So i dont quite understand what is going on.

Thanks for letting us know Andy, hope I get mine in the post in the next day or so then.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #38: Aug 10, 2011 04:42:29 pm
      The only explanation i can come up with is i bought these tickets in the returns sale and not the original sale ,i am of the opinion that all of you who bought on the original date will have to use your cards to gain entry to the ground , i wouldnt worry about it, it worked well last year and i see no reason why it wont this time , as long as you have the confirmation e mail with you you should have no problems.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: Aug 10, 2011 05:16:21 pm
      The only explanation i can come up with is i bought these tickets in the returns sale and not the original sale ,i am of the opinion that all of you who bought on the original date will have to use your cards to gain entry to the ground , i wouldnt worry about it, it worked well last year and i see no reason why it wont this time , as long as you have the confirmation e mail with you you should have no problems.

Hmmmm......that is my big problem, I still havent had one and it's Thursday tomorrow  :mad:
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #40: Aug 10, 2011 05:40:24 pm
      The only explanation I can come up with is I bought these tickets in the returns sale and not the original sale ,I am of the opinion that all of you who bought on the original date will have to use your cards to gain entry to the ground , I wouldnt worry about it, it worked well last year and I see no reason why it wont this time , as long as you have the confirmation e mail with you you should have no problems.

I bought mine in the returns sale myself Andy (Well I think they were returns, it was a week or two after they went on sale for members anyway). However when I bought mine, my members card hadn't arrived at the time, it came a few days ago (But it was activated when I bought the tickets). Havent received a paper ticket meself so Im just gonna take my card and confirmation email and hope for the best on Saturday.

I'd try and get on to the ticket office again Ms G, I received my confirmation email a few minutes after I purchased mine online. Looks like a cock up on their end again, they really need to give more detail out on this kind of stuff.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #41: Aug 10, 2011 05:53:10 pm
      Ok Danny, thanks for your help hun.

Looks like things haven't improved then  :mad:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #42: Aug 10, 2011 06:21:32 pm
      This will throw a bit more confusion onto it , i just read my confirmation e mail and it said my card was activated and i would need it to access the stadium ,so how come i am in possession of 4 tickets , did you have an e mail off them Cas , ?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #43: Aug 10, 2011 06:37:40 pm
      This will throw a bit more confusion onto it , I just read my confirmation e mail and it said my card was activated and I would need it to access the stadium ,so how come I am in possession of 4 tickets

:lmao: :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Aug 10, 2011 06:45:16 pm
      Just managed to get two more Sunderland tickets....

This will throw a bit more confusion onto it , i just read my confirmation e mail and it said my card was activated and i would need it to access the stadium ,so how come i am in possession of 4 tickets , did you have an e mail off them Cas , ?

Oh bloody hell Andy...this goes from bad to worse  :mad:

No, I still havent had any confirmation yet.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #45: Aug 10, 2011 06:49:24 pm
      Well Cas if you got a spare two you wont miss the ones you have or have not got . :f_whistle:

By any chance Cas have you checked your purchase history, to see what it says.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #46: Aug 10, 2011 06:57:15 pm
      Yes I have checked my purchase history, it says print.

Just got a ticket for the Boss, so I should be his favourite Mod  ;) :lmao:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #47: Aug 10, 2011 07:22:58 pm
      ++++++ licker
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #48: Aug 11, 2011 12:24:50 am
      I think, if you get tickets online, you get card entry and if you do them on the phones, then its a paper ticket?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Aug 11, 2011 11:41:37 am
      So I e-mailed the club last night as I still haven't had an e-mail confirmation from them   :mad: This is the reply;

Dear Carol

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club

All tickets have now been sent out to fans, if you have not received your tickets by Thursday, please contact the Ticket Office on Friday for duplicate tickets to be arranged. The Ticket Office phone number is 0843 170 5555.

Please ensure that you have ID with you when you request a duplicate, photo ID, utility bill and the card you paid with.

The Ticket Office will be open for collections on Friday 8.15am - 19.00pm and from 8.15am on Saturday.

Please note that we expect to be very busy with the first match of the season so please arrive at the Ticket Office as soon as possible to avoid delays in getting into the ground.

If you have received your membership card and paid for the relevant match, this will be activated for the game(s) you have paid for.

Thanks for your continued support

Kind regards

Tim
      Customer Experience Team
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #50: Aug 11, 2011 12:31:39 pm
      I think, if you get tickets online, you get card entry and if you do them on the phones, then its a paper ticket?
      Dont think thats the reason i always get mine online  and never the phone.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #51: Aug 12, 2011 07:17:28 pm
      Had an email/text today saying use my card

Hope everyone else is sorted!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 12, 2011 07:41:42 pm

As did i danny, can't wait now.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #53: Aug 12, 2011 08:54:08 pm

I had a text too, but only for the first two tickets I bought, not the second two  :roll:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Aug 17, 2011 02:24:56 pm
      Just wanted to say that I had no problems getting into the ground on Sat with my membership card, just scanned it and went straight through.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #55: Aug 17, 2011 02:29:52 pm
      Just wanted to say that I had no problems getting into the ground on Sat with my membership card, just scanned it and went straight through.
      That makes two fo us, i was shocked, it worked first time, with no issues.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #56: Aug 17, 2011 02:41:29 pm
      That makes two fo us, i was shocked, it worked first time, with no issues.

Lets hope that continues throughout the season REDMAN  :)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #57: Aug 17, 2011 05:20:11 pm
      Had paper tickets yesterday for the Bolton game. Strange goings on.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #58: Aug 18, 2011 01:23:49 pm

Glad you got in OK.

Did you actually get an EMail confirmation for the game?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #59: Aug 18, 2011 03:21:56 pm
      Glad you got in OK.

Did you actually get an EMail confirmation for the game?

Thanks, no, never did get an e-mail, but I did receive a text message from the club, so thats something I suppose.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #60: Aug 18, 2011 09:57:13 pm
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #61: Aug 18, 2011 11:04:09 pm
      :lmao: