Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Maxi and Cole are good enough BUT...

Read 8311 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Maxi and Cole are good enough BUT...
      Reply #23: Aug 08, 2011 11:38:49 pm
      Cole - sell/loan ASAP
      Maxi - decent spuad player

Last season's performance for both proves so, it doesn't need further explanation really

Mind your P's & Q's.  :P :D
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #24: Aug 08, 2011 11:54:04 pm
      You got me Roddenberry:-D Such things happen when you're using your mobile phone
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #25: Aug 09, 2011 12:11:24 am
      I am a fan of Maxi. He is very clever. That is the most important attribute. He knows how to keep the ball. He knows where to run and he is reading the game while a lot of the others are just watching. Like everyone said he scores goals.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26: Aug 09, 2011 12:23:16 am
      Maxi is fine coming off the bench in a pinch or giving some relief in a blowout, he is not to worry and his contract run's end of this season where he will more than likely join up with n*b. Cole is the issue...huge wages and 3 years left on a contract....he is the ultimate albatross hanging around the club's neck. My only hopes are he regains form...(not likely) or bench/reserve duty makes him yearn for 1st team footy and he picks up and goes similar to Milan. Right now I doubt the club want's to make any money on a transfer they would be more than happy to just let him go.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #27: Aug 09, 2011 12:41:16 am
      Poor thread,both are respected players,but not at our level.They both deserve respectful transfers.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #28: Aug 09, 2011 01:31:29 am
      Have to say I agree wth RedRoy.

They are probably not ideal players we'd like at the club but they are playing for Liverpool right now so .. you know...
      King Kenny Smile
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #29: Aug 09, 2011 02:00:49 am
      I'm quietly confident about this season.  Suarez is the man most likely to create a spark, but I think Downing and Gerrard are more than capable.  I also think Adam can be quite offensive - I remember him charging down the middle when playing for Blackpool and usually drawing a lot of fouls.  Now, we have at least three players who can capitalise by taking good free-kicks  - Suarez, Adam and Gerrard. Also, if we get Luis Enrique, we will have much more threat down the wings provided by Downing, Johnson /  Kelly and the potential new signing.  I also hope we keep Aquilani.  I've been following Italian football for many years and this guy when fit, was almost as good as his old team-mate Francesco Totti was at his peak.
      My main concerns are in defence.  We need a Cahill or Dann or both.  I also think we need a good defensive midfielder -  someone of the same mould as Mascherano or Steve McMahon - just to look after our creative players and to stop other teams from playing and remind them that they're in for a battle.  With the current squad and the air of optimism of fans that players respond to, I can see us taking apart some of the lesser teams, especially at Anfield.

Roll on Saturday!
       ;D
      Sami92
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #30: Aug 09, 2011 02:58:25 am
      Maxi is much, much better than Cole. Plus, he is a very good player. His movement off the ball is probably only bettered at the club by Suarez. I'd be gutted if we sold him.
      jackrhodeslfc18
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #31: Aug 09, 2011 01:53:05 pm
      ok so who would you guys bring in to replace cole ?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #32: Aug 09, 2011 02:45:50 pm
      Have to say I agree wth RedRoy.

They are probably not ideal players we'd like at the club but they are playing for Liverpool right now so .. you know...
      I think Christian Poulsen would be very happy if some LFC supporter speak to him like this :)
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #33: Aug 09, 2011 03:38:17 pm
      In compare with Cole, Maxi Rodriguez is much sharper, fitter and more useful. Joe Cole is out of shape for a long time and is nothing but showing some sparks but Maxi is faster and could link up well with the players like Suarez.

We'd sell Joe Cole for a younger, and hunger for success, local option there.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #34: Aug 11, 2011 10:43:03 pm
      I find it hard to believe how people don't rate Maxi, yet he scored 2 hatricks in 3 games. Some people are crazy. What does it take to win over fans? His support play aint bad too. What does it take to be a Liverpool player, if you play good and score goals and fans still don't like the player? I can agree on Cole but Maxi has been a good player I think. Check his stats, last season, 28 caps and 10 goals. What is wrong with you fans.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #35: Aug 11, 2011 11:38:37 pm
      I find it hard to believe how people don't rate Maxi, yet he scored 2 hatricks in 3 games. Some people are crazy. What does it take to win over fans? His support play aint bad too. What does it take to be a Liverpool player, if you play good and score goals and fans still don't like the player? I can agree on Cole but Maxi has been a good player I think. Check his stats, last season, 28 caps and 10 goals. What is wrong with you fans.
      But mate, look at our team for next season

Can you really see a place for Maxi in there?

I think it'll be hard for Meireles to get a place and I'd pick him over Maxi anyday

He scored 10 goals last season but 6 of them came within 2 games, that's 4 in every other game

It was great to see him on that form and it's a shame it came so late in the season but it might have just been that, form

I don't want to sell him, I like him but I'd completely understand if if and when he's not getting games he wants to leave and if it came to that, at least his performance at the end of last season might put his value up a bit

As for Cole, not good enough, get rid
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #36: Aug 11, 2011 11:52:21 pm
      I for one am very pleased with the players Kenny has brought in and i think we have enough to push for the title.
      I cant see Cole getting in ahead of Adam Downing or Henderson.Maybe he will be used for the cups,Like above hard to call between Meireles and Maxi both got a few goals last season but after that,not much.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Aug 12, 2011 08:33:13 am
      Maxi- Besides scoring that 2 hat tricks, he's been pretty much average the whole season.

I can't see him getting too many game time, but I'll keep him, squad player at least.

Cole- I was very excited when we signed him, but F***ing hell, he's been useless.

On top of that he earns a fortune for doing sweet F**k all.

If he was on 35-40k, then it wouldn't have been a problem, but as soon as I hear 90k, I need to lie down cause it makes me sick to the stomach.

I'd get rid of him, but I can't see any other club paying his current wage he's earning.

So, I'm sure he's going to stick around, collecting splinters on the bench, for at least another season.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #38: Aug 12, 2011 08:49:47 am
      Was going on about these two in the boozer last night,but when you look at our midfield options at the moment cant see either of them staying.

Henderson/gerrard/downing/aqualani/maxi/adam/cole/spearing/lucas/poulson(yes i know but stll).

thats a lot of players and some need to be shifted,for the 25 man squad quota.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #39: Aug 12, 2011 09:03:24 am
      I'd keep Maxi. Why? Because he is the only other natural winger we have in our squad besides Downing. He can do a good job as a squad player for another year or two.

Cole on the other hand I'd sell. Too lazy, unfit and overpaid. We also need to sell Poulsen, Degen, El Zhar, Kyrgiakos, maybe even N'gog and Meireles/Aquilani  and bring in 2-3 quality players (winger, centre back, striker) to have a really fantastic squad. I believe we won't be able to do all that this summer, so I expect another busy transfer window after the end of this season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #40: Aug 12, 2011 09:33:38 am
      Maxi post Hodgson was such a different player for us and hugely influential. We need a full squad of quality players that Kenny can mix up without weakening the team. He is very close to achieving that IMHO.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 16, 2011 10:55:37 pm
      But mate, look at our team for next season

Can you really see a place for Maxi in there?

I think it'll be hard for Meireles to get a place and I'd pick him over Maxi anyday

He scored 10 goals last season but 6 of them came within 2 games, that's 4 in every other game

It was great to see him on that form and it's a shame it came so late in the season but it might have just been that, form

I don't want to sell him, I like him but I'd completely understand if if and when he's not getting games he wants to leave and if it came to that, at least his performance at the end of last season might put his value up a bit

As for Cole, not good enough, get rid

Actually, I can see plenty of space for Cole and Maxi as we have no other natural winger than downing.
      We probably have to adapt our play to use more width. Our recent games shown we are lacking creativity, why not give it a shot like,

Carrol/ENG  Suarez/URG

Maxi/ARG                      Cole/ENG
              Lucas/BRZ   Gerrard/ENG

or would you rather the club keep paying 100k a week for nothing? even though nationaility isn't everything, all these players have international experience at world class level, if we get these players match fit we might be onto something.

I would say we need more wingers, not less, or should we go back to putting Gerrard on the wing? or maybe Kuyt? The moral of this is, why are so many people wanting us to offload our only natural wingers with nobody to replace them but downing.
      I'd like to see somebody come up with some good formations that don't include Maxi or Cole, that don't involve Kuyt or Gerrard being a winger.
      As for Miereles, why would you pick him ahead of Maxi? Miereles isn't even a winger.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 11:13:39 pm by cjchaos »
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #42: Aug 16, 2011 11:17:31 pm
      Actually, I can see plenty of space for Cole and Maxi as we have no other natural winger than downing.
      We probably have to adapt our play to use more width. Our recent games shown we are lacking creativity, why not give it a shot like,

Carrol/ENG  Suarez/URG

Maxi/ARG                      Cole/ENG
              Lucas/BRZ   Gerrard/ENG

or would you rather the club keep paying 100k a week for nothing? even though nationaility isn't everything, all these players have international experience at world class level, if we get these players match fit we might be onto something.

I would say we need more wingers, not less, or should we go back to putting Gerrard on the wing? or maybe Kuyt? The moral of this is, why are so many people wanting us to offload our only natural wingers with nobody to replace them but downing.
      I'd like to see somebody come up with some good formations that don't include Maxi or Cole, that don't involve Kuyt or Gerrard being a winger.
      As for Miereles, why would you pick him ahead of Maxi? Miereles isn't even a winger.

I'm quite confused by, well, all of your post mate

When's the last time you saw Cole score for England?

You say we should play Cole and Maxi and then say you want to see formations without them?

And very few people's formations on here have Gerrard as a winger

And it's spelt Meireles
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #43: Aug 16, 2011 11:28:57 pm
      Personally for now i say we keep Maxi as he is not as bad as he is made out to be, he was very effective for us towards the back end of last season, and i would rather have him on the left with Downing being on the right, then having an in effective player out on the right, that player being Henderson, don't get me wrong he is a talented indivdual, just not for the right hand side of midfield.

Maxi has done nothing wrong to justify him being out of the team let alone out of the squad, just because we have bought new players does not mean he automatically should be stripped of his starting 11 place, i say put him back in on the left and let Downing play on the right, both can cut in and cross using there favored foot, or cut in and make space for the full backs, or even as a sub i think Maxi would be effective, think its not right he has been considered as deadwood, he has done well for the club.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #44: Aug 16, 2011 11:32:35 pm
      I'm quite confused by, well, all of your post mate

When's the last time you saw Cole score for England?

You say we should play Cole and Maxi and then say you want to see formations without them?

And very few people's formations on here have Gerrard as a winger

And it's spelt Meireles

Actually, Cole is a winger so should not have to score everygame.

Has Chelsea gave up on Torres overnight? No! because you don't go crap overnight, you go through a bad patch!
      Joe cole has 3 goals from 32, Torres has 1 from 19 unless you include pre-season.
      If you do the math, 3 x 19 is 57, which 25 more than 32... and Torres is a striker.
      Lucas Levia has 168 caps and 6 goals...so...
      Keeping the subject on wingers, Aaron Lennon scored 3 goals from 35 caps last season for Spurs.
      Do you think Spurs fans are giving him stick and asking how many England goals he scored?

Since when has Rooney scored for England compared to Manchester United? how can club and country be compaired like this? International football is not the same as club football.

Apologies about spelling Meireles wong, did you know you started two sentences with and?
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 11:41:16 pm by cjchaos »
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #45: Aug 16, 2011 11:39:44 pm
      Actually, Cole is a winger so should not have to score everygame.
      Has Chelsea gave up on Torres overnight? No! because you don't go crap overnight, you go through a bad patch!
      Joe cole has 3 goals from 32, Torres has 1 from 19 unless you include pre-season.
      If you do the math, 3 x 19 is 57, which 25 more than 32... and Torres is a striker.
      Lucas Levia has 168 caps and 6 goals...so...

Since when has Rooney scored for England compared to Manchester United? how can club and country be compaired like this? International football is not the same as club football.

If people favour Gerrard as a winger it is their choice but I like him as central attack midfield myself.
      Apologies about spelling Meireles wong, did you know you started two sentences with and?

What the f**k are you talking about?

All that math sh*t was the stuff of lunacy, honestly, I've never seen such idotic posting from someone who wasn't a WUM

Lucas is a defensive midfielder, he's not here to score goals, Masch didn't, are you gonna say he was no good?

YOU were the one who said we should play Cole because of his international experience and then you turn round and say that international records mean nothing?

I'm not even rising to it anymore, NUMPTY

Quick Reply