Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Carragher's hoofing. Will it affect us this season?

Read 7839 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Carragher's hoofing. Will it affect us this season?
      Reply #46: Aug 18, 2011 11:58:23 am
      "Carragher's hoofing. Will it affect us this season?" - Bit of a leading question that I'm not sure needs answering.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #47: Aug 18, 2011 12:17:24 pm
      "Carragher's hoofing. Will it affect us this season?" - Bit of a leading question that I'm not sure needs answering.

I tell you what, you put down a better suggestion and I'll change it if I think it's better.

If not then don't say anything  :gt-happyup:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: Aug 18, 2011 12:21:06 pm
       Carragher's hoofing. Will it affect us this season?

Not as much as him losing pace.

Shouldn't be first choice this season.

Skrtel, Agger ( When fit ) and another signing please.
      Cahill if nothing else would give us some aerial prowess.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: Aug 18, 2011 12:28:11 pm
      I'm just praying we sign a centre half and Kenny is ruthless enough to drop Jamie
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Aug 18, 2011 12:36:51 pm
      I'm just praying we sign a centre half and Kenny is ruthless enough to drop Jamie

No point denying it needs to be done.
      Will be the most important decision Kenny makes.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #51: Aug 18, 2011 01:37:24 pm
      Until we get a centre mid who will go and demand the ball from the back 4 then it will happen regularly in every game. If a simple 5 yard ball isnt on then Carra is hoofing it.

alonso didnt give carra the chance to hoof it because he would just go and get the ball from him. The opposition wont follow him because it leaves a large gap in the middle which we should then exploit.

Its charlie adams job getting the ball from the back line as much as possible, problem is he was fu**ed after 45mins!  I personally didnt notice carraghers hoofing in the first half on saturday and I think a lot of it was down to adam. He had a good first half and knocked it about well.

As soon as Adam tired then there was no option for a ball in midfield, sunderland drew level so carragher thought f**k this HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.

:O very suprised at those stats. 

This hits the nail on the head for me, ok jamie is guilty every now and again but it doesnt excuse or cause us any big issues, its a very minor negative about a very good player

Not having the option to immediately give the ball to a CM who is screaming at you for it is crucial, we simply dont have a player who asks for it.

Although jamie sometimes pumps it innacurately long....who cares it has no bearing on the 90 mins of football.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Aug 18, 2011 01:52:13 pm
      He does it a bit more than sometimes and it does matter if your giving cheap possession away. Also how deep he has our defensive line is a major problem surely u dont need be to explain why it is a problem tactically
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #53: Aug 18, 2011 01:58:07 pm
      I havnt seen any change in carra apart from lack of pace, i just think we are being over analytical of him because we are deperate to see immediate improvement.

if we go on "losing cheap possesion" then lucas has to go too because he gives the ball away and misses tackles, henderson does sod all on the wings ect ect.....

if we had beat sunderland 4-1 like we could have (although we played average) this wouldnt be debated yet.

i agree carra only has a seaon or two left but to point this out is useless, he's been doing it years.

he doesnt cost us goals and is one of the best defenders in the league.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #54: Aug 18, 2011 02:06:35 pm
      Agreeing with a lot of the above here, this could be start of Carra becoming a squad player and slowly transitioning out.

I agree Carra's hoofing is an issue, I constatly get ridiculed by my non LFC mates... Trap, Roll, Hoof.

Kenny should hopefully sign a new CB and Carra should be phased out of the team, he is fantastic when we are 1-0 up in the 87th minute and the kitchen sink is being thrown at us, but in a 0-0 must win game he can be one of the most frustrating players to watch.

The way I see it, would I trade his hoofing for a lesser defensive genius? No. Everyone has bagagge at least he isn't a criminal off the field or a money grabbing mercenary.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #55: Aug 18, 2011 02:06:47 pm
      Think it is not only him that hoofs the ball, Agger sometimes tends to do the same when under pressure or no one is making options, I think we need to have a bit more patience in our play. Kenny needs to take it out of Carragher and Agger and to instruct them to play the ball on the ground when under pressure or try to keep the ball on the floor, because it frustrates not only the fans when the ball is lumped forward, but Carroll and the rest of the team also.

No, Agger might have done it the 2nd half against Sunderland, but it's nothing like Carra. It was the main reason behind him being linked with moves last season under Hodgson, and he said in interviews he's having trouble playing this new manaers long ball style. He said he would not play the way the manager wanted, and thats why Hodgson refused to play him at the start.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #56: Aug 18, 2011 07:23:03 pm

This hits the nail on the head for me, ok jamie is guilty every now and again but it doesnt excuse or cause us any big issues, its a very minor negative about a very good player

Not having the option to immediately give the ball to a CM who is screaming at you for it is crucial, we simply dont have a player who asks for it.

Although jamie sometimes pumps it innacurately long....who cares it has no bearing on the 90 mins of football.
      Sorry mate but I think I've different view on those you mention.

-Not having the option to immediately give the ball to a CM who is screaming at you for it is crucial, we simply dont have a player who asks for it.
        Did Carra unable to look with his eyes by himself for any available option without someone need to scream at him ?
      -...its a very minor negative about a very good player
        If he even unable to do decent distribution of the ball to his other 9 teammates how can say he is a VERY GOOD player ?
      -...ok jamie is guilty every now and again but it doesnt excuse or cause us any big issues,
        As I said in earlier post, I'm disappointed for the way he play especially in game vs Braga last season and he's our captain in that game. What he did is crazy hoof the ball, yes some other players also do but now we talk about Carra, and he did it throughout that game. Since that time (March 10, 2011) until today it's five months already I'm stiil thinking and cannot find why he did it ?
       Anybody believe it's Kenny's instruction to do so? I don't think so.
       Is it most possible during half time Kenny will instruct him and all players to play pass-and-move and reduce or stop hoof a ball to Carroll ? I think yes, but Carra still did  the same and he's captain, if he disobey to Kenny can it effect other players ?

It's depend on how people weight the name "Liverpool FC" and "Kenny Dalglish", for me player who play football like a mad man (apologise but I just want to present how Carra hoof frustrate me, not I'm insult or not respect him) means he's not respect to this football club, anti-instructions of manager/coach means he's not respect to them and Liverpool way.

And imo if he play with a bit more calm/compose on the ball can result in more chance to our attack and goals, anyway I don't see it happen.

Anybody imagine what's LFC tactic if Carragher is our manager/coach in the future ?

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #57: Aug 18, 2011 07:27:53 pm
      No, Agger might have done it the 2nd half against Sunderland, but it's nothing like Carra. It was the main reason behind him being linked with moves last season under Hodgson, and he said in interviews he's having trouble playing this new manaers long ball style. He said he would not play the way the manager wanted, and thats why Hodgson refused to play him at the start.

Oh fair enough, all i am saying is even under pressure, i would like to see the center backs pass there ways out of trouble, if there patient enough in there passing, space will open up and midfielders will retrieve the ball, it would make our play more fluid, and more impressive to watch.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #58: Aug 19, 2011 08:41:55 am
      If not then don't say anything  :gt-happyup:

I'm sure you don't mean that I'm not entitled to post an opinion little dude, do you?  ;)

Ah well; sorry if I offended you.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #59: Aug 19, 2011 08:55:15 am
      I'm sure you don't mean that I'm not entitled to post an opinion little dude, do you?  ;)

Ah well; sorry if I offended you.

Who said you couldn't state your opinion? Because I didn't imply that within the context of my post.

You had a criticism of the title, yet it's the only one we've got so unless you suggest better alternatives it really doesn't mean anything.

Out of curiosity, do you say "little dude" to try to make you feel like a big man?.  
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #60: Aug 19, 2011 09:04:31 am
       Carra remains our best defender in purely defensive terms. If we arrive at a situation where he is our worst and we need to drop him, we'll have some team then. As for the "hoofing", it's about options. If the only one available to him is the long pass, then he'll hit it. If one of the four midfield players gives him a better one, he'll take it. Simple really.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #61: Aug 19, 2011 09:40:51 am
      Yes it will...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #62: Aug 19, 2011 09:46:34 am
      Who said you couldn't state your opinion? Because I didn't imply that within the context of my post.

You had a criticism of the title, yet it's the only one we've got so unless you suggest better alternatives it really doesn't mean anything.

Out of curiosity, do you say "little dude" to try to make you feel like a big man?.  

Whoa, hold on there fella. I don't know what's eating you or what pain you're in but I can assure you that you've no need to be angry or aggressive with me.

We'll talk you through this one step at a time:

* 'Little dude' is a term of affection - As witnessed in Finding Nemo (for e.g.) - As it offends you I won't use it again.

* "A leading question is one which attempts to guide the respondent's answer." - that having been said... I can't recall criticising the title - I merely pointed out that it was a leading question (which is fact btw) and as such the answer, which you wished to solicit, was included in the question; therefore needing no reply (in my opinion).

* You reacted to my opinion, very clearly, by telling me "don't say anything". That is quite unambiguous mate - I offered an opinion - you told me "don't say anything" (other than what you wanted me to say)...

It's no big deal for me (I did apologise for offending your sensibilities early on) but you would really need to chill mate. I know you feel protective of your baby and naturally feel defensive (on what you interpreted as an attack) but there was and is no real need to get so angry or accuse me of being a big man.

On the actual topic: Carragher's hoofing will affect us this season, if it goes unchecked: how could it not?  ;)
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2011 09:53:53 am by bad boy bubby »
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #63: Aug 19, 2011 12:45:09 pm
      Carra remains our best defender in purely defensive terms. If we arrive at a situation where he is our worst and we need to drop him, we'll have some team then. As for the "hoofing", it's about options. If the only one available to him is the long pass, then he'll hit it. If one of the four midfield players gives him a better one, he'll take it. Simple really.

Exactly, we can point this out as a flaw (and yeas carra IS A VERY GOOD player) but tbh everyone on the pitch makes an error in a game its an utterly pointless argument.

if he decides to hoof it on every touch then fine complain but our midfiled has more to do to make space and options.

Im done with this thread because its pointless whinging about carra, its got sod all to do with us not scoring and he doesnt cost us goals.

a couple of pointless hoofs never hurt anyone ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #64: Aug 19, 2011 12:55:14 pm

Exactly, we can point this out as a flaw (and yeas carra IS A VERY GOOD player) but tbh everyone on the pitch makes an error in a game its an utterly pointless argument.

if he decides to hoof it on every touch then fine complain but our midfiled has more to do to make space and options.

Im done with this thread because its pointless whinging about carra, its got sod all to do with us not scoring and he doesnt cost us goals.

a couple of pointless hoofs never hurt anyone ;)
      If Carra only hoofed it now and then when there were no other options available (as Agger and Skrtel will occasionally do) then I'm sure nobody would have a problem with it and this thread wouldn't exist but that is simply not the case.
      He regularly picks the ball up under no pressure, gives it a little nudge forward as he looks up to see where the forwards are and 'hoof', time after time.
      It does have a lot to do with us not scoring goals because it almost invariably leads to conceding possession.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #65: Aug 19, 2011 01:13:20 pm
      I just dont see it as a problem in the game, we dont analyse the 17 passes lucas or adam wastes, its just a lot more noticable when carra pumps it long, I agree he does it too much, but is it a massive issue, I doubt it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #66: Aug 19, 2011 01:17:24 pm
      I just dont see it as a problem in the game, we dont analyse the 17 passes lucas or adam wastes, its just a lot more noticable when carra pumps it long, I agree he does it too much, but is it a massive issue, I doubt it.
      In the Braga game I was screaming at him to pack it in or for Kenny to tell him to and very nearly threw my remote through the TV infrustration. I think that game made me more aware of it and now he winds me up every time I see him nudge the ball forward in preparation for it!

Off-topic, nice sig. I hadn't noticed it before.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #67: Aug 19, 2011 01:32:08 pm

It's not an issue when he has no other out, I think the frustration comes about because he has other options and he still uses it and as for the not analysing Lucas/Adam, I think their respective player threads beg to differ.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #68: Aug 19, 2011 01:35:55 pm
      In the Braga game I was screaming at him to pack it in or for Kenny to tell him to and very nearly threw my remote through the TV infrustration. I think that game made me more aware of it and now he winds me up every time I see him nudge the ball forward in preparation for it!

Off-topic, nice sig. I hadn't noticed it before.

Cheers mate :)

I think its exactly how you said it..frustration.. you know when he is going to do it and you dont want him to, it does stand out more than an intercepted pass lets say so I can see where its coming from.

But as an overall effect on a game I think it does nothing, apart from frustrate.

I get the same frustration when Kuyt is out wide or manages to beat his man only to scuff the ball across the floor or hit the first man ;D...every time :)

Quick Reply