Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Latest injury news from the media

Read 10354 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Re: Injury report
      Reply #46: Sep 07, 2011 02:50:06 am
      So, most of our lads come out of the internationals unscathed. Charlie is the only casualty eh? But, I have a gut feeling that he will be alright on Saturday.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #47: Sep 08, 2011 11:44:07 am
      To briefly sum up: Adam should be available against Stoke, Glen back in full training, Stevie getting closer and progressing well.

Adam, Glen and Gerrard latest
      8th Sep 2011 - Latest News

Kenny Dalglish has revealed he has no fresh injury worries ahead of Liverpool's trip to Stoke City this weekend as he confirmed Steven Gerrard continues to make good progress in his recovery.

The boss expects to have Charlie Adam available for selection at the Britannia Stadium after the midfielder was ruled out of Scotland's Euro 2012 qualifier with Lithuania.

Meanwhile, Glen Johnson has resumed full training following a thigh problem.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "I think we've been pretty fortunate. There doesn't appear to have been anybody come back (from international duty) with any injuries.

"Glen Johnson is training alongside us again now, and Steven is getting closer everyday, so everything on the injury front seems to be pretty positive for us at the moment.

"Charlie should be alright for the game. I think it was right what Craig Levein (Scotland manager) did in not playing him on Tuesday.

"To get him back was commendable of Craig Levein."

Quizzed by journalists for further information on Gerrard, who hasn't figured since March due to a groin problem, Dalglish added: "He's not far away.

"When Steven is ready to come back it will be a fantastic boost for everybody. The transfer window is shut, so for us it will be a real bonus because it will be like a new player coming back.

"As he said himself in an interview on Saturday, everything feels really strong, fresh and he's happy with where he's got to and what he's done - and we're delighted for him.

"He deserves a break from injuries and he'll be welcomed back with open arms."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/adam-glen-and-gerrard-latest
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #48: Sep 08, 2011 06:49:50 pm
      Finally some news about Glen! All I've heard about him lately is off of his tweets and those are mostly about him sitting on the couch watching the tube  :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #49: Sep 09, 2011 05:02:29 pm
      Good news all round. Hope Charlie is fit and plays.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #50: Sep 11, 2011 01:05:38 am

Glen Johnson has confirmed on Twitter that he has injured his hamstring again today ...

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #51: Sep 16, 2011 09:27:17 pm

Glen Johnson injury update

16th Sep 2011

Kenny Dalglish has revealed that Liverpool are still awaiting news on Glen Johnson's injury.

The Reds defender damaged his hamstring in the dying embers of the defeat at Stoke but the boss admitted there was still nothing to report regarding the extent of the problem.

Dalglish told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We haven't had the results back on Glen so we will just have to wait and see. I don't think there is anything conclusive that is going to help us too much. I'm sure he'll go for further tests and then we can reassess it and see what it is."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/glen-johnson-injury-update
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #52: Sep 20, 2011 04:25:28 pm

Kenny on Agger

20th Sep 2011

The boss revealed he will be without the services of Daniel Agger at the Amex Stadium after the Danish defender was forced off at Tottenham on Sunday.

"Daniel has got a fractured rib, so he's struggling a bit," said Dalglish.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-on-cup-tie-and-agger
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #53: Sep 20, 2011 05:21:03 pm
      Agger's agent Per Steffensen told sporten.tv2.dk: "It's the worst possible news. He has broken two ribs, and he must keep still for four weeks." "Daniel is way down now and I certainly sympathise with him. He will miss the two [international] matches against Cyprus and Portugal and there is a match against Manchester United he also misses. It's insanely annoying."
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Sep 20, 2011 08:24:27 pm
      Agger's agent Per Steffensen told sporten.tv2.dk: "It's the worst possible news. He has broken two ribs, and he must keep still for four weeks." "Daniel is way down now and I certainly sympathise with him. He will miss the two [international] matches against Cyprus and Portugal and there is a match against Manchester United he also misses. It's insanely annoying."

Poor Dan...he must be absolutely gutted, knew it was all going to well for him  :(
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #55: Sep 20, 2011 08:52:27 pm
      Anyone know whether Aurelio and Kelly will be fit for the game tomorrow?  A fit Aurelio could be very big for us this season.  He is a classy player, and if used sparingly could be a very good asset for us.  Same goes for Kelly.... I really hope he can shake off the recent injury problems and get a good run of games under his belt this year!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #56: Sep 21, 2011 08:04:35 am
      Desperately unlucky Danny.

But fair play for playing for 20 minutes with two broken ribs.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #57: Sep 21, 2011 10:15:11 am
      Gutted for him, hope he doesnt sneeze for a few days as well. Painful
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #58: Sep 21, 2011 10:20:27 am
      Gutted. I wondered if it was broken ribs at the time because of the way he was holding them.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #59: Sep 21, 2011 12:19:40 pm
      Pleased, in a way, because at the time I thought it might have been a recurrence of his back injury.

At least this isn't related to any previous problems, and should therefore leave him fully fit again once healed.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #60: Sep 22, 2011 02:27:18 pm

KD on Agger, Fabio and Glen

22nd Sep 2011

Kenny Dalglish today revealed that Liverpool have received a double injury boost - but admitted that Daniel Agger has been ruled out for 'a few weeks'.

The Reds have welcomed both Fabio Aurelio and Glen Johnson back onto the training pitch, leaving the Denmark international as the only casualty on the Melwood treatment table.

Speaking about his squad's fitness ahead of Wolves on Saturday, Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "He has a fractured rib. There are varying lengths of time for people to get back from an injury like that.

"We'll just let it heal and take it as it comes. He'll certainly not be fit for a few weeks."

He added: "Fabio is back in training and Glen Johnson started light training. Everybody else is fit which is good for us."

The sight of Steven Gerrard returning to action in Wednesday's Carling Cup success at Brighton provided everyone at the club with a huge lift.

Dalglish reiterated his delight that the No.8 is finally back in a red shirt and is eager to ensure that remains the case for the remainder of the campaign.

He said: "We won't be anymore careful, professional or intelligent than we have been.

"I think we were asked most of the things about Steven last night (Wednesday) and we'll say exactly the same again now.

"He's done fantastic coming back and it's great for the whole club that he is back. The most important person in all of it is Steven himself.

"It's great to see him back. He's missed an awful lot of football through injury, so he's done brilliant to get where he is.

"We can look forward to him getting even fitter. There will be no timescale or programme. We'll just take it as it comes.

"He's the captain and the talisman of the football club. He's played around 20 minutes for us and he's on his way back. We're absolutely delighted for him."

Asked how he would feel if England called up Gerrard for the forthcoming Euro 2012 qualifier with Montenegro, Dalglish added: "I don't pick England's team. Whatever they have to do, they have to do. I just hope they are as intelligent as what we have been."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kd-on-agger-fabio-and-glen
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #61: Sep 22, 2011 11:32:12 pm
      Glad to see Aurelio & Johnson back training.

Hope Agger recovers soon.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #62: Sep 23, 2011 05:24:31 am
      If there are players like Aurelio ( a fantastic player by the way) who are always injured ala Mr Glass, who are the 'Unbreakable' ones. We need some of those, as long as they're not crap.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #63: Sep 23, 2011 06:08:06 am
      incidentally who's "the glass man" they refer to when they say Fabio is "our very own version", is it Robben?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #64: Sep 23, 2011 03:52:15 pm
      incidentally who's "the glass man" they refer to when they say Fabio is "our very own version", is it Robben?

Mr Glass was a character from the hugely underated film, Unbreakable, starring Bruce Willis.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #65: Sep 23, 2011 06:52:12 pm
      Unbreakable was terrible! But yes, that's where the reference comes from. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #66: Sep 29, 2011 09:20:48 am

Liverpool FC right-back Glen Johnson ruled out of Saturday's Merseyside derby

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Sep 29 2011

Boss Kenny Dalglish revealed last week that the defender had started light training following a hamstring injury but the trip to Goodison has come too soon for the England international.

In his absence Martin Kelly to set to continue at right-back against "The Chosen One"’ side.

Johnson, who has endured a frustrating start to the campaign, sat out the opening four games after limping off in the final friendly against Valencia.

He returned as a substitute in the defeat at Stoke three weeks ago but aggravated his hamstring and has been sidelined for the last three matches.

The £17.5million man will also miss England’s final Euro 2012 qualifier in Montenegro but is targeting the Reds’ home clash with Manchester United on October 15 as his comeback.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/09/29/liverpool-fc-right-back-glen-johnson-ruled-out-of-saturday-s-merseyside-derby-100252-29506101/
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #67: Sep 29, 2011 09:25:04 am
      Good that he's missing the England match, don't need him playing that when not fully fit and getting injured again
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #68: Sep 29, 2011 10:36:37 am
      I can appreciate Stevies passion for playing for his country,but i just wish he would call it a day internationally and therefore reduce the chances of picking up a injury, great that Fabio and Glen are back training, hope Daniel comes back real soon too.

IKWT  YNWA

Quick Reply