Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

IP Spoofing, Techy Help.

Read 13038 times
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Re: IP Spoofing, Techy Help.
      Reply #92: Aug 29, 2011 12:52:23 pm
      If what you are saying is true, RLB then the Digital Economy Act 2010 is flawed as it relies on ISPs identifying users by their IP address.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Act_2010
      The new process, which will come into force when Ofcom's regulatory code is approved by Parliament, begins with rightsholders gathering lists of Internet Protocol addresses which they believe have infringed their copyrights. They would then send each IP number to the appropriate Internet Service Provider (newly-defined in the Act as a provider of IP addresses[4]) along with a "copyright infringement report".
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #93: Aug 29, 2011 12:55:04 pm
      Found this which may help......

If confronted about his behavior the Liar will
      most often blame other people or fabricate excuses.  Even when faced with overwhelming
      evidence the Liar may refuse to admit any responsibility.  What's more, the Liar may actually
      sound believable in these denials if one didn't know them to be false.  This may be due to
      much practice or potentially something like multiple personality.  

-
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #94: Aug 29, 2011 12:58:10 pm
      Ha Ha Gazza was waiting for your input.

There is no overwhelming evidence Gazza, there was an IP that didn't even fully match mine on one occassion, that logged in as Devil Hunter.

I'm offering up all the evidence the mods need to clear my name, funny how the one I've accused has remained silent on teh subject though.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #95: Aug 29, 2011 01:04:56 pm
      I've no idea... but all I will say is leave it at this Daz. You were let back on the forum, I understand it if you feel you may be at risk or something from somebody using your IP or what not but if you keep going on about it the mods will end up getting sick of it and reversing their decision.

If you didn't do it, well then fair enough just leave it at that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #96: Aug 29, 2011 01:08:33 pm
      I think you would be better discussing this with the mods in private RLB. Unless there is some computer genius hiding among the members you aren't going to solve it in here.

At the moment you have been given a Scottish not proven verdict, which I can understand is annoying when your innocent, but it's a lot better than what would have happened to most of us. 

Some people will believe you guilty , some will believe you innocent, the majority won't give a damn mate, and will just be happy that a good poster hasn't been banned.     
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #97: Aug 29, 2011 01:10:02 pm
      I think it should be thoroughly examined mate because it can clear me of any wrong doing and it would be funny watching Gazza and KIK get totally proved wrong.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #98: Aug 29, 2011 01:11:48 pm
      I think the best thing for all concerned is to just move on. RLB knows he's innocent, the mods want to believe he's innocent and no one wants to see a good poster banned. If the mods find evidence it was someone F***ing with him, then they will presumably ban whoever it is anyway.   
      I've no idea... but all I will say is leave it at this Daz. You were let back on the forum, I understand it if you feel you may be at risk or something from somebody using your IP or what not but if you keep going on about it the mods will end up getting sick of it and reversing their decision.

If you didn't do it, well then fair enough just leave it at that.

Most sensible things I've read for a while. The whole thing is really boring now.

Give a rest Blood. Let it go mate. As for your laptop probs, get MalwareBytes and do regular scans. Hope you get it sorted.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #99: Aug 29, 2011 01:11:59 pm
      I'll leave it at this and throw down the gauntlet to any mod thats tech savvy enough.

Detecting packet injection: a guide to observing packet spoofing by ISPs

http://www.eff.org/wp/detecting-packet-injection
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #100: Aug 29, 2011 01:13:02 pm
      I think it should be thoroughly examined mate because it can clear me of any wrong doing and it would be funny watching Gazza and KIK get totally proved wrong.

By you posting on the forum today obviously clears you of any wrong doing.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #101: Aug 29, 2011 01:15:53 pm
      By you posting on the forum today obviously clears you of any wrong doing.

Cheers Kenny whilst it feels good to know that mate, all I really want to know is it me that has been compromised or teh forum and if I have been compromised am I still vulnerable, its a genuine concern really as I have accounts that could lead to withdrawl of money from my banks such as paypal etc.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #102: Aug 29, 2011 01:20:10 pm
      Add a poll, Guilty or NOT guilty  :f_tongueincheek:

Your back Daz, everyone is happy bar 1 0r 2 people.

Leave it at that, do your private investigation, and as soon as you solve it post it here.  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #103: Aug 29, 2011 01:22:11 pm
      I suggest you make sure your laptop is clean of any ropey malware etc and then change your passwords. That's what I'd do if I was worried mate. I know how concerning it can be if you're not clued up about things like.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #104: Aug 29, 2011 01:24:13 pm
      I suggest you make sure your laptop is clean of any ropey malware etc and then change your passwords. That's what I'd do if I was worried mate. I know how concerning it can be if you're not clued up about things like.

I'm scared of doing or changing anything at the minute mate, haven't even logged into facebook because of some of teh horror stories I've been reading about key loggers, the more I read the more I'm getting paranoid about it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #105: Aug 29, 2011 01:25:52 pm
      just to cheer you up RLB I will let you off for that bet you owe me for Aquilani :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #106: Aug 29, 2011 01:31:18 pm
      just to cheer you up RLB I will let you off for that bet you owe me for Aquilani :)

You're such a kind hearted fella you. Haha.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #107: Aug 29, 2011 01:32:32 pm

Ha ha mate what was the bet and once I'm sorted with all teh scans I'm doing I'll pay it to HJC.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #108: Aug 29, 2011 01:35:30 pm
      Ha ha mate what was the bet and once I'm sorted with all teh scans I'm doing I'll pay it to HJC.

Nah its void mate. You bet that Kenny would pick Gerrard and Aquilani in a midfield two this season. Can't really happen now :)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #109: Aug 29, 2011 01:38:17 pm

I'd suggest combo-fix for that - it's the only tool I know of that will root out everything except the worst rootkits, and if you had one of those you would know, because anti-virus wouldn't run.

Might want to get someone who knows what they are doing to run it for you if some infections need to be manually removed, but 99% would be fixed automatically.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #110: Aug 29, 2011 01:43:09 pm
      I've done spyware doctor this morning, its come back all clean, I've done Panda following that its comne back alll clean, i've just run trojan remover its come back all clean, I'm going to run spybot now and see if that throws up anything.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #111: Aug 29, 2011 01:45:07 pm
      I'd suggest combo-fix for that - it's the only tool I know of that will root out everything except the worst rootkits, and if you had one of those you would know, because anti-virus wouldn't run.

Might want to get someone who knows what they are doing to run it for you if some infections need to be manually removed.

Need to be careful with combo-fix. If you have any programs that are cracked or unlicensed they won't run after you use it. Or at least that was what happened to me. 
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #112: Aug 29, 2011 01:52:51 pm

Need to be careful with combo-fix. If you have any programs that are cracked or unlicensed they won't run after you use it. Or at least that was what happened to me. 

It see's a crack as a threat, similar to a trojan.
      Just run the crack again -  it worked for me anyway.

I've done spyware doctor this morning, its come back all clean, I've done Panda following that its comne back alll clean, i've just run trojan remover its come back all clean, I'm going to run spybot now and see if that throws up anything.

Easiest thing to do is reset your router by turning it off at the mains, along with your PC.

Doesn't always work (depending on ISP) but your router should look for a new IP when you turn it back on.

write the old one down, then check it again after turning router back on - usually works, but not always.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #113: Aug 29, 2011 01:55:07 pm

Easiest thing to do is reset your router by turning it off at the mains, along with your PC.

Doesn't always work (depending on ISP) but your router should look for a new IP when you turn it back on.

write the old one down, then check it again after turning router back on - usually works, but not always.

I'll try that in a bit once spybot has finished.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #114: Aug 29, 2011 01:57:02 pm
      I've done spyware doctor this morning, its come back all clean, I've done Panda following that its comne back alll clean, I've just run trojan remover its come back all clean, I'm going to run spybot now and see if that throws up anything.
      Give this a go too - http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

Quick Reply