Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your man of the match award?

Luis Suarez
      (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (32.1%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (25.3%)
      Jose Enrique
      (22.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.1%)

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 48233 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 1- 1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #690: Oct 16, 2011 01:23:43 pm
      Great performance that deserved all 3 points. Thought the first half was very nervy and scrappy but we were still on top for most of it, second half we pretty much dominated and could of quite easily scored 4. Charlie Adam for me was man of the match, been a big critic of his but credit where it's due he had a stormer of a game as did Stevie G, how good was it to see him play 90mins and bag a goal. Thought Downing could of done a lot better and Lucas did look tired so the game ban might work in his and our favour, up top Luis as always looked threatening, personally think he should of done better with his chance as clearly did he but overall another top class display. Very happy with how we played just gutted we didn't walk away with the 3 points we deserved.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #691: Oct 16, 2011 01:32:56 pm
      To be honest I wasn't sure it was a foul, but flip it around and the game is at Old Trafford and Nani goes over what would have happened? It would have been a foul and our centre half would have been sent off is the answer.

Very true, refs can't wait to send an opposition player off at old toilet.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #692: Oct 16, 2011 01:37:47 pm
      To be honest I wasn't sure it was a foul, but flip it around and the game is at Old Trafford and Nani goes over what would have happened? It would have been a foul and our centre half would have been sent off is the answer.

Might have even been a penalty.  :-\

Remember when Rooney fell down at OT two seasons back just outside and yet they gave a penalty? F***ing mancs crying over it now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #693: Oct 16, 2011 01:49:17 pm
      It was a foul no doubt.

Ferdinand really should have got a second yellow for that since Adam was storming into a great position to shoot.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #694: Oct 16, 2011 01:49:34 pm
      Ferdinand caught Adam certainly caught him a lot more than Agger did on Berbatov in the FA Cup game in Kenny's first game back. Don't recall too many United players coming out saying sh*te then. So F**k what they've got to say, we're still a more successful club, still a bigger club and still a better run club. The biggest difference between us an them is they're jealous of us. That does not work both ways.

Still disappointed that we only got the draw, but our finishing weren't good enough. Mind you, given the amount of saves we forced De Gea into, I'd say it was a good goalkeeping display. At least we hit the target and weren't just skying everything. If he had one of his typical displays, we'd of probably won so credit where it's due he done well to keep the vast majority out - especially Kuyt's effort at the end.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #695: Oct 16, 2011 01:52:46 pm
      I was flipping through redcafe just to have a look (couldn't resist) and they accused us of playacting/diving stating they have never seen such diving in their life.

funny isn't it... :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/liverpools-antics-today-341636/
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #696: Oct 16, 2011 01:54:33 pm
      I was flipping through redcafe just to have a look (couldn't resist) and they accused us of playacting/diving stating they have never seen such diving in their life.

funny isn't it... :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/liverpools-antics-today-341636/

Hilarious considering they have had Ronaldo and Nani.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #697: Oct 16, 2011 01:57:15 pm
      Ah i was gutted we didnt win, it would have shut up all the idiots who think ManU are un-beatable and have won the league already!

We played amazing well considering how well ManU have started this season.
      I had to watch MOTD this morning, as i was in the Anny Road end and struggled to see the last 5 minutes action down the other end- how unlucky were we- not to give them a taste of their own bitter medicine & score in the dying minutes!!

Evra & Ferdinand can shut up with all their sh*te about Adam & Suarez, they can never just say we played well and took a point each, instead they make up a whole load of sh*te to deflect attention away from Giggs` fatal mistake, their defensive short-comings and bitter tw*t of a manager.

Well in lads, many positives to take from that game- and i hope we play that well next week!
      God i hope we thrash them at Old Toilet!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #698: Oct 16, 2011 01:59:18 pm
      It wasn't diving in the slightest, the fact was Suarez was far stronger and more determined than any of their defenders. At least five times he must have won the ball in their defensive third and at least 10 times he was thrown to the ground or taken out because he used his strength to protect the ball.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #699: Oct 16, 2011 02:02:35 pm
      Why does it feel like we lost?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #700: Oct 16, 2011 02:05:10 pm
      Yeah and I guess Berbatov's dive against us was nothing back in the FA Cup last season.

I think the team needs to be more clinical in front of goal. So many games where we've got chances but only score like 1 in 5 shots.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #701: Oct 16, 2011 02:08:49 pm

Because we battered the cu*ts Brian and deserved more. With a bit of luck and more clinical finishing it could well have been four or five one and yet, unsurprisingly, we still have the usual trolls poisoning the place.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #702: Oct 16, 2011 02:09:14 pm
      Not Lost. We're all dissapointed by the Draw.

We Fought. We Created Chances. Couldn't Score. We are Not direct competitor of Manc right now. Our Main aim is Top 4. Then we can make a Big Push.

We played Well. Overall we are improving. Heads Held High.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #703: Oct 16, 2011 02:16:32 pm
      I hope we start playing like this every game.

We looked like we really wanted to win this game in the second half. That's how we should be playing every game.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #704: Oct 16, 2011 02:20:48 pm
      Just found out that Evra has made 2 claims before of people being racist to him. He seems to attract it doesn't he.... Both of them nothing happened because there was no way to prove they had been racist. One of them claims was against Steve Finnan aswell.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #705: Oct 16, 2011 02:27:15 pm
      All this fuss about Ferdinand catching Adams toe  :-\ Your man certainly made a meal of it. Nothing said about...(( i think ))... kelly taking a dive down the flanks. Now i know Evra shouldn't of been sticking his hands out for a card. However, it was a dive 100% and no one says anything.  :f_steam:. Funny how some of you see the negatives of others but not your own.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #706: Oct 16, 2011 02:33:29 pm
      Anyone wanna tell the dickhead that it was Downing who dived and not Kelly.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #707: Oct 16, 2011 02:55:59 pm
      All this fuss about Ferdinand catching Adams toe  :-\ Your man certainly made a meal of it. Nothing said about...(( I think ))... kelly taking a dive down the flanks. Now I know Evra shouldn't of been sticking his hands out for a card. However, it was a dive 100% and no one says anything.  :f_steam:. Funny how some of you see the negatives of others but not your own.

It was not the ref who decided the match. Your players are cry babies and keep on harping about the invisible "dive". On the other hand, none of our players complained about Evans hand ball and other such contentious issues.

Around 30 miles separate class in North West England eh?

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #708: Oct 16, 2011 03:15:27 pm
      F**k that f***in French kunt Evra, Suarez took the piss and he couldn't f***in handle it,f***in grow up you pr**k, if you cant stand the heat and all that, typical moaning frog, you can tell where he gets it from cant ya,

We were all over Mancs all f***in day, we lacked a clinical finisher thats all, in the cold light of day it was'nt the best performance, they showed us the biggest compliment by leaving out Fanni, Granny shagger and chic, amongst others,

on an other day we would have put 3 or 4 past them, De Gea made a couple of good saves near the end, apart from their equaliser we weren't troubled to much, although its disappointing to draw, I still think we came away with plenty positives,
       Adam had a belter motm for me,Gerrard came thru unscathed and 90mins under his belt and will just get better,Henderson was impressive when he came on and is a must start V Norwich, Downing and Enrique linked up well left side, Kuyt worked like a trojan as per usual,
      young Kelly had Young in his hip, Carra was immense read the game well and never put a foot wrong,
      Skrtle got caught out by a great piece movement by Chic for their goal, apart from that he played well, I'd never seen him bring the ball out the way he did, and with a bit of composure could have created an opening,and Pepe could have read a couple of chapters from his book,

overall it was a good performance without the flattery, they only pressured once they brought on their big hitters,and even then we bossed it, Hendo unlucky twice at the end,

bring on 'Narrich', our next victims...Kenny has a headache with selection, I think the big fella will be back and Henderson should get in for Lucas,I'm glad I dont have to make the decision of who drops out.

onwards and upwards,   ynwa.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #709: Oct 16, 2011 03:28:54 pm
      All this fuss about Ferdinand catching Adams toe  :-\ Your man certainly made a meal of it. Nothing said about...(( i think ))... kelly taking a dive down the flanks. Now i know Evra shouldn't of been sticking his hands out for a card. However, it was a dive 100% and no one says anything.  :f_steam:. Funny how some of you see the negatives of others but not your own.
      Firstly, I'll admit that he appeared to go to ground easily. However, maybe he genuinely went to ground as, when you are running at the speed he was, all it can take is a slight trip to throw you completely off balance.

Secondly, your lot are in no position to criticize anyone for diving. If that had happened to Nani for example, we would be hearing about how it is probably a career ending injury that he has suffered ffs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #710: Oct 16, 2011 03:31:24 pm

That is because we support ours and not yours.

What is even more funnier is the fact that we are being vilified for "diving" when your shower of ladyboys have been doing it for f***in' years.

Your lot don't like receiving the same style of cheating that you have been dishing out to other teams. Well sorry Keith, but tough sh*t.

What goes around comes around.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #711: Oct 16, 2011 03:36:05 pm
       luis16suarez luis suarez
      I'm upset by the acusations of racism. I can only say that I have always respected and respect everybody. We are... http://fb.me/Jy0Ju2Ug
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #712: Oct 16, 2011 03:55:43 pm
      Keith I suppose you didn't see the slow motion replay of Adam's "Dive", where it clearly shows Ferdinand catching the back of Adam's foot with his studs? I don't know why Man U fans can't just be honest, even after the match is over! I have the same problem with mancs I work with to, so I don't even bother talking football with them anymore. They all swore blind that Berbatov didn't dive last season too.
      Why would a man dive when is clean through on goal?

Quick Reply