Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 47304 times
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Norwich
      Reply #529: Oct 22, 2011 07:53:31 pm
      We need a fowler or young owen to play with suarez, ah sure I can only dream, at this level you cannot afford to miss as many chances

I wonder how pacheco would have done if given the chance and had he not been loaned out?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #530: Oct 22, 2011 07:53:54 pm
      I agree with A Monbrow, in relation to b our midfield was shockingly open in the second half in relation to c Kenny obviously made mistakes tonight but we had enough chances to win 10 games
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #531: Oct 22, 2011 07:54:07 pm
      Too many chances wasted, the defense has the concentration of a 1 year old, and no luck.

That's pretty much how I see it. Still F***ing mad though.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #532: Oct 22, 2011 07:54:50 pm
      Adam, Kuyt and Skrtel shouldn't be starting every week simple as that, their not good enough.

And Downing has been average the last few games, he needs to up his game big time.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #533: Oct 22, 2011 07:54:54 pm
      I say we really missed a Lucas today and I may dare to say that we missed one Mr Torres.

I think we missed Lucas in the second half, Kenny took a risk by playing Gerrard and Adam and at times Norwich got through us too easily so Lucas would have helped there I guess.

Completely agree with the second point, especially when you consider the fact his replacement isn't getting enough playing time.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #534: Oct 22, 2011 07:55:05 pm
      Then what the f**k did we pay 35 million for him then ?

I personally rate him, but I think our team has yet to be a team and has yet to learn how to play with Carroll. I don't think seeing Suarez struggle alone playing 1vs3 and making his own chances(and then still being blamed for not being clynical? F**k off) qualifies as team play. Same goes for hoofing the ball into the box for the last 15 mins of the game because Carroll was on. That's not how you profit from a demon like Suarez and a target man like Carroll. Not by letting them alone and hoofing the ball.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #535: Oct 22, 2011 07:55:12 pm
      Am I the only one who thought:

a) we played well tonight apart from spells.
      b) Adam played well for most of the match.
      c) it's not the manager's fault.

?

No.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #536: Oct 22, 2011 07:55:20 pm
      Two points dropped today and last week, where we deserved all 6. Not good enough for any club aspiring to win the title sadly, very dissapointed with the result and some of our performances.

Our shooting was unbelievable poor, missed so many chances where we should score. We should have scored 3-4 at least with some of our chances.

I think a few players need some Training to practise their finishing, Suarez in particularly. Needs to learn to aim his shots into the corner, not just shoot randomly. His moaning all game didn't help anyone.

The defending was poor, there was too much space between the centre midfielders and the defender, we missed Lucas in there protecting the back four.

I have no idea where Pepe was for their goal, should have stayed on his goal line.

The ref was poor, didn't give us free kicks where we should have and we should have got a penalty for barging Adam to the ground.

Norwich played some decent free flowing football when they had a few minute spell.

We really need to take a look at ourselves and have a long think on where we could improve.

Still confused about Kenny's subs, bring Kuyt, a player known for getting late and vital goals on for a defender? Still don't get it.

Anyway, it's a point, a point closer to our target of the title and every team in the league has off days.

We MUST be more clinical and we MUST defender better and more compactly.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #537: Oct 22, 2011 07:55:23 pm
      The problem with Suarez is his heads goes down and he shoots never looks for anyone else, but with the way every one else is playing can you blame him
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #538: Oct 22, 2011 07:55:23 pm
      i uderstand everyone's frustration, but i'm sick of repating week in week out "hey, we deserved the 3 points""    "created chances" bla bla bla.. enough! year after year! we need to win something soon, and we have to stop to exagerate our expectations, right now we're not even close of champions league spot, it's been 9 games already and downing, carroll, henderson, adam didn'te made the difference on the pitch, and sometimes we play well sometimes really poor, we need consistency! guarantee that we have enough to solve a problem like today's

I'm really not sure where we're stanging now, i don't know if we'll be fighting for champions league spot, for europa league spot, for 8th position, there's no consistency whatsoever

Well said I could'nt agree more, we're going backwards not forwards! and yes I know it's still early but it's looking like it's gonna be another shaky season.......
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #539: Oct 22, 2011 07:55:53 pm
      The game should have been well and truely wrapped up in the firsy half, we had around %80 possession and plenty of chances in the first half alone.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #540: Oct 22, 2011 07:56:14 pm
      Adam, Kuyt and Skrtel shouldn't be starting every week simple as that, their not good enough.

And Downing has been average the last few games, he needs to up his game big time.

What did Skrtel do wrong today?!

I don't agree with you on Adam but I do agree Downing hasn't been great last few games, but he still played OK today.

Kuyt wasn't good today.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      Reply #541: Oct 22, 2011 07:58:16 pm
      d) it's obviously not all over. We've got months left.

I'm sorry but you will hear and read this every game, every weak, every month, every F***ing season and its called escapism. We have some serious issues right now and I see no reason for them to somehow heal or dissapear just because. The "months left" will potencially be as bad as the present, meaning we HAVE to be worried NOW if we want those months to count for something.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #542: Oct 22, 2011 07:59:16 pm
      I'm sorry but you will hear and read this every game, every weak, every month, every f***ing season and its called escapism. We have some serious issues right now and I see no reason for them to somehow heal or dissapear just because. The "months left" will potencially be as bad as the present, meaning we HAVE to be worried NOW if we want those months to count for something.

No it's called being a negative tw*t.

Keep the faith and be positive. We're still only 4 points off 4th.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #543: Oct 22, 2011 07:59:49 pm
      An absolutely farcical result in all honesty. When you hit the woodwork 3 times then you know it just isn't going to be your day. Thought we were fantastic in the first half, we should have been out of sight at half time but that's the trouble, we were not.

I don't know why Carroll didn't start this game today but i have a feeling that something has gone on between Kenny and Andy, i'm not being critical of Kenny either. I fully trust him to deal with the situation, i just hope his non inclusion of Andy was more out of tactics than a form of punishment for Andy. I've been slightly worried lately with the game we played against United and the way we played today, you have to wonder how the two games would have ended had Andy been in the box for the large amount of crosses that were put in during the both games?.

Luis Suarez has got to change his game, the ugly part of it that is. He's like a Uruguayan Drogba at the moment and referees are getting sick and tired of it. Hey, i love Suarez but i can't stand any player that dives around like a faggot, even a Liverpool player. Had he tried to stay on his feet more often the outcome of the game could have been so different. He was brilliant today but that dirty side to his game will come back to haunt him if he carries on, just as it did Torres.

I thought Bellamy was playing really well and was very surprised to see him come off when Kuyt had such a nightmare. Bellamy was alive and alert to everything around him and was always fighting. Kuyt was abysmal, how he stayed on as long as he did i'll never know, Dalglish got it wrong there in my opinion. Everything that went through Kuyt was lethargic and a stutter instead of maintaining the flow of the move, breaking up the momentum.

Carroll missed a glorious chance at the end, he was fresh into the game and to blame the defeat on him would be unfair. To bring him on with just ten minutes to go was a mistake in my opinion, he should have come on instead of Henderson, he would have had more of a chance to impose himself on the game. Henderson was anonymous and i wonder how long it will be before he realises his potential?, i hope it's soon as he's being given plenty of game time. Really feel for the lad, that price tag weighs heavily on his shoulders.

Did we miss Lucas?. No we didn't, people are just picking this up from our lull at the start of the second half, we blew them away in the first half, this was never an issue. A defensive midfielder is not required at home against a team like Norwich ( with all due respect ). It was just one of those days in the end. How often do you see Reina drop a clanger like that?, once a season if that. It's hard to take but it's happened and we take it on the chin and move on together as a unit.

Everybody makes mistakes, quite a few people did today, Kenny being one of them along with Suarez, Reina and Kuyt. They are human beings, not robots. Onwards and upwards Redmen, the road is long.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #544: Oct 22, 2011 08:01:44 pm
      Point is, we shouldn't be "only four points off 4th".

Had we taken our chances in all our games or at least half of those chances, we'd be easilly sitting with 8 wins and a loss.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #545: Oct 22, 2011 08:01:46 pm
       SAME OLD STORY!!!! F*CK OFF!!
       Should have scored more from all those chances created. Suarez really needs a lot of chances to score. What I hate most is how we change the way we play when we're 1 up. Have to say I really don't like Kenny's tactical side:
       Leaving on the bench a 35M striker who was bought in especially to play against the teams that 'park the bus' on the football pitch and give us some different options;
       Changing Bellamy for Henderson, with Bellamy one of the best and most active players on the pitch and Henderson a very quiet and playing out of position midfielder;
       Changing a striker for a central defender in the last minute of the match....
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #546: Oct 22, 2011 08:02:02 pm

And sliding we wont finish anywhere near 4 if we play like that, its not just Norwich, its Stoke , Sunderland thats 3 games we have only played 9
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #547: Oct 22, 2011 08:02:12 pm
      I was agreeing with everything you said hardcore till you said we didnt miss Lucas, we obviously did when you see how much space Norwich had in the second half and you see how little protection our centre halves had. Johnson didnt look fit either, there was none of his trade mark attacking runs
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #548: Oct 22, 2011 08:02:40 pm
      Thats the third game this season and second game running that we have dropped points even after going ahead.

Finishing and defence was bad. Kuyt and Downing were poor.

Carroll should really have done well with his chance, but can't blame him much.

Suarez was brilliant at times, although his finishing let him down.

Lucas was missed in midfield. Gerrard did a good job in 1st half, was nonexistent in second.

I could go on and on. But at the end of the day, its just 2 points dropped. A bad result.

"We deserved to win, but we didn't"- it sounds good for one or two matches, not when it starts happening often. There's some serious problem then.
      Need to pull up our socks now, Spurs and Newcastle are unfortunately giving a very tough fight for the 4th spot. Champions League qualification isn't going to be a walk in the park- and this game should make us realise that.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      Reply #549: Oct 22, 2011 08:02:50 pm

Exactly my point. This game was something negative, last game too. Hence I should be positive? That's deluded. Being negative is not the same as being pessimist. I am trying to be optimistic, but that does not mean I will daydream thinking faith and honor will solve our issues all of a sudden.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #550: Oct 22, 2011 08:03:28 pm
      I think that game tells us all we need to know and answers all the questions about the team and the players.
      We are not quite at the level we expect and we don't have an out and out goal scorer that needs one chance and he scores - ie Torres , fowler , rush
      Not far off but not there yet which is dissapointing with the money thats been spent.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #551: Oct 22, 2011 08:04:03 pm
      Point is, we shouldn't be "only four points off 4th".

Had we taken our chances in all our games or at least half of those chances, we'd be easilly sitting with 8 wins and a loss.

Everyone knows we shouldn't be 4 points off 4th but we are so people need to deal with it. No point slagging people off left, right and centre. Need to carry on being positive about the future.

Quick Reply