Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Newcastle Chief: Carroll Not Worth Anywhere Near £35million

Read 8130 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Newcastle Chief: Carroll Not Worth Anywhere Near £35million
      Nov 13, 2011 01:39:17 pm
      Carroll Not Worth Anywhere Near £35million - Llambias

http://anfieldtalk.blogspot.com/2011/11/carroll-not-worth-anywhere-near.html

Newcastle's managing director Derek Llambias has allegedly launched a stunning rant against former managers Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer and said that Andy Carroll was not worth the £35 million that Liverpool paid for him.

A report in the Sunday Mirror claims that Llambias was caught on tape slamming the Newcastle legends to Toon fans in a bar and former Magpies striker Carroll bore the brunt of the foul-mouthed abuse.

"I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money," Lambias reportedly said, before responding when one supporter asked him "Is he worth £30m?": "No - he's worth f*** all."

With Chelsea closing a deal worth £50 million for Fernando Torres on January's deadline day, Liverpool was under pressure to bring in a new striker and Llambias claimed that they could push for the entire Carroll fee up front.

Llambias explained: "It is about control. We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there. We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate. So £30m? F*** off! Don't waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

"£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed. But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said - and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you - get all the £35m up front. We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest."

Llambias then turned his attention to one of Newcastle's most celebrated icons, former manager Kevin Keegan, and claimed that he was only brought back to the club for a second spell in 2008 to appease potential Arab owners who were trying to buy the club.
      "Kevin Keegan can't take pressure. His f****** head is all over the place," said Llambias. "Mike (Ashley) was selling to the Arabs and they wanted Kevin Keegan. The Arabs wanted him, the fans wanted him - perfect!"

Another Geordie legend then got both barrels as Llambias admitted that the appointment of Alan Shearer in April was not right, saying: "Shearer was my choice and I have to hold up my hands - the wrong choice... he gave all the responsibility to (assistant Iain) Dowie. Rubbish!"

The most recent Newcastle boss to be sacked, Chris Hughton, was also the subject of the tirade as a fan asked why he was dismissed a year ago.

Llambias responded: "He would never have taken us where we want to be. That's my decision by the way. Chris can't make decisions. If I am asking about a player, Ben Arfa? He says 'I'm not sure, blah blah'. With Chris, he couldn't cope with where we are mentally. We are aggressive. You need to be aggressive. I don't want a manager below me who can't argue."
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2011 08:29:51 pm by JD »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Carroll Not Worth Anywhere Near £35million
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2011 01:46:31 pm
      Dont see any mention of how we rode them for Jose Enrique though
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2011 01:46:48 pm
      Sounds as tho' that particular conversation in the alehouse took place as last orders were being shouted, we can all bullshit when pissed and bollocks there is no exception.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2011 01:47:52 pm
      What a 1st degree tw*t! Not just having a pop at Andy but having a go at us as a club and also some of their own legends in Keegan and Shearer.

For a club with such tradition and support they seem to have some right clowns on the board.

Have this Lllambias, we have one of the best young strikers in the country and what should be Spain's regular left back and they cost us 40m from your joke of a club!!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Nov 13, 2011 02:00:28 pm
      Even the biased Liverpool fan knows Newcastle got a hell of a deal with Carroll but for the md to be boasting about it shows a lack of class on his part
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Nov 13, 2011 02:04:25 pm
      Even the biased Liverpool fan knows Newcastle got a hell of a deal with Carroll but for the md to be boasting about it shows a lack of class on his part

Spot on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #6: Nov 13, 2011 02:04:36 pm
      Alan Shearer is worshipped in Geordie land, the bellend has done himself no favours with those comments - he must think being in the upper half of the Prem gives him a license to bullshit who does he think he is Slur Alcho?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 13, 2011 02:50:23 pm
      he must think being in the upper half of the Prem gives him a license to bullshit who does he think he is Slur Alcho?

Oh god nooo, 1 is more thatn enough.....in fact 1 Sir Alcho is 1 to many!!!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #8: Nov 13, 2011 02:56:20 pm
      this guy sounds like an arrogant, foul mouthed, simpleton piece of sh*t to be honest, he is actually high up at newcastle united?

saying he's worth F**k all will do nothing but fire up big AC should he read about this or hear about its sentiments

he mentions the torres deal but not in a way that it will forever be known as a better deal for Liverpool than newcastle, especially if torres continues to suck and andy gets better and better. it was the start of our new chapter with kenny in charge and the start of a new team and a new era, this will be remembered more than anything newcastle got out of it, or chelsea

there is also no mention of the enrique deal like corbally said, which is enough in itself to forever cancel out anyone bringing up the carroll price. i honestly think he'll prove his worth anyhow. the number game wont mean a F***ing thing if he wins a title.

then talking down past people of the club, this guy just sounds like a joke. the media's wet dream in fact, that's how much of a joke this guy is
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 13, 2011 02:57:21 pm
      This can be put in the Andy Carroll thread please. This idiot's words shouldn't make the club section.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #10: Nov 13, 2011 02:58:12 pm
      If they think the did us on Carrol what does that make the Torres deal at nearly £20 mil more.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #11: Nov 13, 2011 02:59:20 pm
      No class this man,Dichead should hang his head in shame.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #12: Nov 13, 2011 04:09:03 pm
      This is a kick up the backside that Andy needs, however im not in any way condoning what the guy said. Im sure Andy'll  be pumped after hearing about this and even more determined to score goals for us and prove him wrong.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #13: Nov 13, 2011 04:19:20 pm
      I'm just glad to actually be spending £35 million on a player, rather than bank fees and debt!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Nov 13, 2011 04:19:22 pm
      Looking forward to the Liverpool v Newcastle games.
      Big Andy for the win
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #15: Nov 13, 2011 04:19:23 pm
      As he said though, they knew we were gaining £50m that day and knew we were under pressure to find a striker, so no Carroll isn't worth £35m but we essentially got him for -£15m.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Nov 13, 2011 04:21:15 pm
      I cannot stand the management or culture of the club.

I always thought there was empathy between Newcastle and Liverpool, with a history of transfers between the clubs and other common ground. Our 4-3 game with them has been called the game of the century.

When Freddy Shepherd was caught in a scam by slagging off female Newcasle supporters as dogs and laughing at the stupid prices the supporters were prespared to pay for merchandise, he showed massive disrespect for the people who paid the exorbitant directors fees.
      (10 months after he and Hall resigned .....they voted themselves back on the board !!!).

Now, the current management, when everything is seemingly going OK,  get their gun out and shoot themselves in the foot by chucking over the 100 year + name that the home of Tyneside football has been known and alienating the fan base again.

How long Pardew will put up with the dysfunctional club owners and management, has to be seen.

So this.

Just another foul mouthed tirade from an inferior person who though he was "getting off" on having control over Liverpool.

This is very simple.

Newcastle did not share Andys Carroll's feelings.

Whilst Andy was upset with leaving the fans and the club.......the club certainly had other ideas about him.

I am sure our glorious leader Kenny, will pin up on the wall all of these quotes for Andy to see and read every day, to ensure that they set Andy on fire.

Thanks Toon. 
      True colours.   
      We win ......and you knew it at the time.
      Thats why all the bullshit and foul mouthed tirade.
      4 titles.  Last one 1927.  No history.

Will will enjoy watching you fall again.
      Enjoy your day in the sun.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2011 04:50:30 pm by eurored »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #17: Nov 13, 2011 04:25:05 pm
      I always thought there was empathy between Newcastle and Liverpool,

Disappeared the minute OUR city won European Capital of Culture. The Geordie rats didn't take that too well and the increase in anti-scouse sh*te at these games has been noticeable too.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Nov 13, 2011 04:30:15 pm
      I always thought there was empathy between Newcastle and Liverpool.

Derek Llambias is not geordie though, he's a cockney c**t.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #19: Nov 13, 2011 04:36:57 pm
      Of course Carroll isn't worth 35 million, nobody who kicks a bag of air around a field for 90 minutes is worth that sort of money. And transfer fees these days are sickening when you see other people, more worthy people, being sh*t on. Ah well just goes to show how fu**ed up the world we're living in really is.

As for this fella well he's not actually told us anything we didn't know. We knew we'd offered 30 mill first and got told to do one. We knew the reason the fee was so big was because Newcastle knew we had 50 mill burning a hole in our back pocket after the Torres deal. We knew we wanted to pay it in installments but Newcastle wouldn't allow it. We knew why Keegan was brought back to Newcastle. We knew Keegan was a shitbag who couldn't handle pressure. We knew the fans wanted Keegan back as manager that's why they were on Sky Sports News with their one cardboard banner saying "Keegan" as well as their one chant of "Only one Kevin Keegan" We knew Shearer gave most of the responsibility to a more experienced manager in Dowie, doesn't take Einstein to work it out when every time the cameras showed Shearer, he was being handed pieces of paper by Dowie. We knew Houghton weren't the most vocal of managers but so F***ing what, he did a better job at Newcastle than most could of.

There's also a few lies such as Ashley being a brave man, he's not. He's just a F***ing dickhead. You don't need to be aggressive as Chris Houghton proved by getting Newcastle into the top flight, guiding his team to their biggest local derby (most aggressive game for the Geordies) in years when they twatted Sunderland 5-0 or 5-1. Think Nolan got a hattrick. And Houghton took them to a good steady start in the League.

Alls this is, is typical F***ing Newcastle and the reason I can't F***ing bare them. They're having a good season so far and they still have to F***ing moan. Just enjoy being out of the news for once in a while or as a club are you that F***ing desperate to have the telly cameras and press headlines all about Newcastle. And like most of the time it's for the wrong F***ing reasons. A circus of a club and a disgrace of the club. Quicker Ashley makes them go bust the better. Can't F***ing bare that club or their moronic fans who think they've got a god given right to win the League and if they concede a corner at home the manager should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Just piss off and have a cry about us twatting 4-3 again.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 13, 2011 04:40:13 pm
      I can remember these cu*ts paying £16million for Michael Owen and he only made 71 appearances in 4 years,and left on a free too. I can guarantee Andy Carroll will play more than 71 games, and if he does leave we will recoup quite a bit of the original fee we stumped up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #21: Nov 13, 2011 04:49:24 pm
      The value we get from paying for Andy Carroll will only be determined by whether or not we qualify for the Champions League and whether or not he is part of the team that does it. That's what clubs look at now when they agree to pay big fees.

Man City did it on a major scale paying over the odds for all kinds of players but the moment they established themselves in the top four their outlay became worthwhile. Joleon Lescott is never worth 25 million in a million years but his value to City exceeds even that outlay simply because he helped get them to where they want to be and the riches it entails.
      pugs86
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #22: Nov 13, 2011 04:56:17 pm
      Derek Llambias is not geordie though, he's a cockney c**t.
      :laugh:

thought this was funny, big AC will prove his worth

Quick Reply