Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

The Sans-Lucas Central Midfield

Read 20065 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: The Sans-Lucas Central Midfield
      Reply #161: Dec 02, 2011 02:12:44 am
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Spearing
      Kuyt Henderson Adam Maxi
      Suarez

Playing Spearing inbetween the lines of defense and midfield will help with dictating his positioning and get him focusing on sideways movement with Adam to drop deep more centrally if Jay is moving across the field.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #162: Dec 02, 2011 04:37:56 am
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Spearing
      Kuyt Henderson Adam Maxi
      Suarez

Playing Spearing inbetween the lines of defense and midfield will help with dictating his positioning and get him focusing on sideways movement with Adam to drop deep more centrally if Jay is moving across the field.

I like the look of that mate, it's probably what Kenny will do too if Gerrard doesn’t come back anytime soon. Spearo showed he can do the job just like Lucas did when he first started, who knows if the lad gets a decent run his form could shoot up just as it did for Lucas?

I’d probably change Kuyt for Bella’s though!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #163: Dec 02, 2011 11:50:33 am
      Jay Spearing is more than up to the job as proved last season I think we won 14 from 18 with him in the side. LL has been epic lately but Jay will do us proud.
      adidas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #164: Dec 02, 2011 12:10:22 pm
      Aqulani should be recalled if at all possible.
      The perfect replacement
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #165: Dec 02, 2011 01:08:45 pm
      Is that even a serious question? Don't you grasp the difference of having Spearing and say M'Vila, of just having Spearing, and the influence an injury would have in the squad? It's very simple really. In the end, you gotta have some luck with the injuries, and no matter how many players you sign, there'll always be some risk - but it's all about minimizing your risks. Also, if Spearing has to play every week, without proper rotation, the risk of him picking up an injury increases even more.

Well, that's your opinion, and I challenge you to find someone else that agrees with you. Spearing wasn't even our best midfielder last season. He did a decent job and I love to have him in the squad, but you'll have to forgive me for not seeing all so special about him - apart from the fact he was born in Wirral :)

I must admit I don't get the chance to watch too much of the reserves / youth sides, so I've probably read more about Coady than actually seen him play. If he can emulate Robinson and Flannagan last season (who proved we had depth in their respective positions inside the club already), then brilliant.
      Unlucky fella you've just lost your challenge to DLS, Spearing will do a good job filling for Lucas, you and others have little faith in the players Kenny believes can and will do a job when asked, had he not, Spearo would have been either loaned out or sold, hence bringing back Jonjo to give further cover, i can remember Lucas getting pelters almost every week and now look at him,

People need to remember that Kenny is bringing back the ' Liverpool way ' and Billy your dead right,we look at within before importing,otherwise what is the point in having a academy/youth set up if when everytime we lose a player to injury we have to spend money,

I suggest you start watching the reserves on LFCTV and you will see what talents we have coming thru including all the players DLS mentioned and some,

Jay deserves his chance mate, let him prove you and the other doubters wrong,

In Kenny We Trust     or do ya?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #166: Dec 02, 2011 01:44:13 pm
      Unlucky fella you've just lost your challenge to DLS, Spearing will do a good job filling for Lucas, you and others have little faith in the players Kenny believes can and will do a job when asked, had he not, Spearo would have been either loaned out or sold, hence bringing back Jonjo to give further cover, i can remember Lucas getting pelters almost every week and now look at him,

So do you think Spearing was our best midfielder last season? Really?! And I trust Spearing to do a job when called too, never said I didn't - I just don't want him as our only option for such a key position.

You say I don't have faith in players Kenny rate, but if Kenny thinks so highly of Spearo, why has he brough Adam and started him in nearly every single game so far while Spearo only plays the odd Carling Cup game? Don't try to turn that into "I'm a better fan than you" debate, it has nothing to do with that.

People need to remember that Kenny is bringing back the ' Liverpool way ' and Billy your dead right,we look at within before importing,otherwise what is the point in having a academy/youth set up if when everytime we lose a player to injury we have to spend money,

Well Kenny has been at the club for less than 1 year and has already bought nearly 10 new players, so what are you saying again? Buying players is not the Liverpool way? I hate how the concept of 'the Liverpool way' can be distorted into anything people want to back their own opinions.

I suggest you start watching the reserves on LFCTV and you will see what talents we have coming thru including all the players DLS mentioned and some,

Jay deserves his chance mate, let him prove you and the other doubters wrong,

In Kenny We Trust     or do ya?

Unfortunately I don't have LFCTV but I do believe we got some cracking players in the youth setup. Are they ready though? I trust Kenny to make this judgement, as I said earlier if he can do the same as he did last season with Flano and Jack.

But again, it has NOTHING to do with trusting Kenny or not, after all, we don't even know what he's planning for January. If he does what I'm saying, and buys a new DM, will I get the chance to pretentiously ask the question just like you did - do you trust Kenny?

I know I do, but I also know I don't like the idea of having just Spearo for the position, unless some quality youngsters prove they're ready for the task - which doesn't happen very often, but would be sweet if happened.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #167: Dec 02, 2011 01:53:05 pm
      Dalglish said today pretty much what we were all thinking, with regards to Aquilani.

"I think if you look at the rules you'll see that it's not possible [to recall Aquilani]".
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #168: Dec 02, 2011 02:08:01 pm
      I think we may dip into the market for a young DM in January. We'll need someone to replace Lucas' tenacity and ability to break the play up well.

i don't think we need to. i think spearing should be given a chance and henderson, although not naturally a defensive midfielder, could be adapted.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #169: Dec 02, 2011 02:10:22 pm
      Anyone that thinks coady is ready to step up now either hasn't watch him play that much or believes the spin.  Ive seen the lad play several times and have never being overly impressed.  Think he has a hell of a lot of improving to do if he is to make it at the club.  to be honest it is laughable to even suggest him at the minute
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #170: Dec 02, 2011 02:34:49 pm
      Anyone that thinks coady is ready to step up now either hasn't watch him play that much or believes the spin.  Ive seen the lad play several times and have never being overly impressed.  Think he has a hell of a lot of improving to do if he is to make it at the club.  to be honest it is laughable to even suggest him at the minute

Would of it been laughable to suggest Flanagan would start at right-back last season when Johnno and Kelly were injured. Maybe as fans we should show the same faith Kenny has in our young players.

And everytime I've seen him playing for the reserves he's looked good, maybe working closely with Gerrard has paid off.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #171: Dec 02, 2011 02:38:42 pm
      I think Spearing is ready, he's a good player and he won't let anyone down. Simple as that, stick him in and believe in him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #172: Dec 02, 2011 02:41:06 pm
      I think he has looked average to be honest can't see the hype around himat all.Kenny obviously hasn't shown shown faith him. I dont think the lad is anywhere near ready
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #173: Dec 02, 2011 02:50:31 pm
      Kenny obviously hasn't shown shown faith him.

Nothing obvious about, with everyone fit, he isn't going to start, but if Kenny didn't have faith in him, he wouldn't have taken him on the Asian pre=season tour.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #174: Dec 02, 2011 03:12:44 pm
      I think he has looked average to be honest can't see the hype around himat all.Kenny obviously hasn't shown shown faith him. I dont think the lad is anywhere near ready
      Nothing obvious about, with everyone fit, he isn't going to start, but if Kenny didn't have faith in him, he wouldn't have taken him on the Asian pre=season tour.

And played him in some of the games. Didn't he score aswell out there?
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #175: Dec 02, 2011 03:22:28 pm
      for those of you wondering, Sans is an archaic word for without, I thought he was a new player we signed.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #176: Dec 02, 2011 03:43:41 pm
      Whats the story with gerrard? Will he be back soon i wonder? He can play anywhere and he could definately slot into lucas position hes so good. We need him back and fit asap
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #177: Dec 02, 2011 04:03:33 pm
       Poulsen aquilani and Cole were heavily involved in pre season wouldn't look to much into coady s involvement.  ive seen coady play for England and Liverpool seven or eight times and ive never being impressed with him.  He looks average to me and i could name at least six young players at the club with better potential. Anyone that thinks he is ready for premiership football i think is way off the mark.  personally ive major doubts he will ever make it at the club. Personally i think jack dunn is a better prospect
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #178: Dec 02, 2011 04:50:58 pm
      Why are people moaning about Coady?
      How about focusing on Spearing stepping up and Shelvey being recalled.
      Argument made out of nothing really.
      Coady is good at reserve level, but Spearing showed he is a class above.
      No need for Coady to be the subject of disagreement in here.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #179: Dec 02, 2011 04:54:01 pm
      Aqulani should be recalled if at all possible.
      The perfect replacement

Made me spit coffee all over the screen and keyboard...agh what a mess.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #180: Dec 02, 2011 05:01:35 pm
      According to Kenny it is not possible
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,128 posts | 3375 
      Reply #181: Dec 02, 2011 05:07:08 pm
      Is that even a serious question? Don't you grasp the difference of having Spearing and say M'Vila, of just having Spearing, and the influence an injury would have in the squad? It's very simple really. In the end, you gotta have some luck with the injuries, and no matter how many players you sign, there'll always be some risk - but it's all about minimizing your risks. Also, if Spearing has to play every week, without proper rotation, the risk of him picking up an injury increases even more.

What I don't grasp is people banging on about players who aren't here for at least a month. By which time we might of sorted out the position, F**k we might even become a better team. So banging on players who aren't here is futile and idiotic. Especially since, as I've said, anything can happen between now and the window opening. All those players being mentioned are just as likely to pick up an injury as Jay Spearing is. January is the time to discuss signings, not now.

Well, that's your opinion, and I challenge you to find someone else that agrees with you. Spearing wasn't even our best midfielder last season. He did a decent job and I love to have him in the squad, but you'll have to forgive me for not seeing all so special about him - apart from the fact he was born in Wirral :)

Me arl fella agrees with me, as does our John. So quite easy to find people who agree with me on what I said, not what you interpreted. On a forum, it's good to be able to read correctly. I said at the back end of last season, not the season overall. He obviously wasn't our best player over the season because he wasn't trusted to play often enough. But from Kenny's return, only Suarez outshone him.

And the little dig about him coming from the Wirral is F***ing childish lad. Making out people only rate him because he's from Merseyside is embarrassing to say the least.

I must admit I don't get the chance to watch too much of the reserves / youth sides, so I've probably read more about Coady than actually seen him play. If he can emulate Robinson and Flannagan last season (who proved we had depth in their respective positions inside the club already), then brilliant.

Well if you haven't seen him, or any of our young lads, on a regular basis then how can you make such a certain decision that we need a new central midfielder? You can't, so don't.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #182: Dec 02, 2011 06:25:48 pm
      Spearing's best run of games, especially those last season, were with Lucas next to him. I don't think he is a like for like replacement. I think our midfield tempo may struggle. Lucas really did run the show.

I think it's almost certain we'll be in for a midfielder come January. Until then, I'd play:

Spearing Adam
                      Henderson

Here's hoping.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #183: Dec 02, 2011 06:32:58 pm
       Talk of bringing Aquilani back to replace Lucas is laughable to be fair, I didn't realise people were being serious (but obviously some were). I'm not going to overly get into discussing it, it just encourages them.

Spearing has replaced Lucas before and done a fine job, more than once. If we don't trust him to play when needed, then he has no business at the club. For my part, I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever that he'll do a very good job indeed for as long as he's needed. If that's till the end of the season, so be it.

Quick Reply