Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid)

Read 6133 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid)
      Dec 18, 2011 01:24:02 am

Liverpool track Real Madrid forward

Published 22:57 17/12/11
      By Tom Hopkinson

Liverpool will monitor Mesut Ozil’s situation at Real Madrid after Jose Mourinho gave the midfielder a stark ultimatum.

The inconsistent Germany star has been told by his manager that he will be on his way next summer unless there is a marked improvement.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-track-Real-Madrid-man-Mesut-Ozil-article844230.html
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Re: Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Dec 18, 2011 01:51:10 am
      Absolutely no chance
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2: Dec 18, 2011 01:52:09 am
      Daily Mirror spreading the sh*te from their rumour mill again I see.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #3: Dec 18, 2011 01:55:30 am
      Daily Mirror spreading the sh*te from their rumour mill again I see.

Well more from the people, which is owned by the mirror, can't see it though and reading the full story, it sounds like a bit of a kick up the arse from Jose.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: Dec 18, 2011 02:06:46 am

Why not ? This is the club that have sold Wesley Sneijder for €15 million, because they were making room for Kaka. Considering that they are strongly pursuing Eden Hazard, Mesut Ozil might very easy be on the market in the summer.
      Bier
      Reply #5: Dec 18, 2011 03:48:46 am
      Why not ? This is the club that have sold Wesley Sneijder for €15 million, because they were making room for Kaka. Considering that they are strongly pursuing Eden Hazard, Mesut Ozil might very easy be on the market in the summer.
      For someone who acts like he knows everything you really do make some stupid comments. If you think that Sneijder's situation back then is anything similar to Ozil''s current situation, well, then that says alot about your intelligence, or the lack there of.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #6: Dec 18, 2011 03:52:22 am
      Ozil is an amazing player, we would be lucky to have him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #7: Dec 18, 2011 07:42:20 am
      For someone who acts like he knows everything you really do make some stupid comments. If you think that Sneijder's situation back then is anything similar to Ozil''s current situation, well, then that says alot about your intelligence, or the lack there of.

For someone who acts like he knows everything about Dutch football, you should remember that Sneijder's situation back then was very similar to Ozil's current situation at Real Madrid: A very good first season, followed by a mediocre second season. At the end of the second season, Sneijder was replaced by Perez' new toy Kaka. With Real Madrid actively pursuing Eden Hazard, Ozil's situation at Real Maderid is not only similar to Sneijder's. It is pretty much identical.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,240 posts | 850 
      Reply #8: Dec 18, 2011 11:02:31 am
      I would love to have him here, but I really doubt it he would come
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #9: Dec 18, 2011 12:09:21 pm
      Ozil is an amazing player, we would be lucky to have him.

Don't get too carried away, he has been sh*t for Real this season, which is why this is a warning from Jose for Mesut to improve or he'll be getting jettisoned in the summer.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #10: Dec 18, 2011 07:39:17 pm
      I could dream.  big fan of this guy.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: Dec 18, 2011 07:51:46 pm
      Don't get too carried away, he has been sh*t for Real this season, which is why this is a warning from Jose for Mesut to improve or he'll be getting jettisoned in the summer.

You shouldn't read too much into form then HR. He's a quality player and always will be. If he isn't performing he's hardly the first world class player to underperform at Real and go on to play well elsewhere. We'd be hugely lucky to have Ozil at Liverpool, I'd welcome him with open arms.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #12: Dec 18, 2011 07:58:56 pm
      This is Jose playing mind games getting the player to get his sh*t together.I think he is a great player would love him here,but i cant see it happening.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Dec 18, 2011 11:59:19 pm
      I would put money on no one associated with us has even went to see him play.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Dec 19, 2011 12:48:56 am
      Nice to be linked to a player of his caliber.

The number 10 is vacant. And we could do with a young, talented CAM in our side.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #15: Dec 19, 2011 11:17:30 am
      Would be a fantastic signing
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #16: Dec 19, 2011 01:18:30 pm
      This is Jose playing mind games getting the player to get his sh*t together. I think he is a great player would love him here,but i cant see it happening.

Here is the list of Real Madrid's "rejects" in the last 5 years:

Arjen Robben
      Wesley Sneijder
      Roberto Soldado
      Rafael van der Vaart
      Alvaro Negredo
      Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
      Antonio Cassano
      Jonathan Woodgate
      Fernando Gago
      Dani Parejo
      Cicinho
      Jose Manuel Jurado
      Diego Lopez
      Julio Baptista
      Javier Saviola
      Ezequiel Garay
      Javi Garcia
      Juanfran
      Pedro Leon
      Royston Drenthe
      Miguel Torres
      Adrian Gonzalez
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #17: Dec 19, 2011 03:08:07 pm
      I doubt this will happen as I see the perceived "ultimatum" from Mourinho as being a mere kick in the ass to motivate one of his players.  However, I also understand where MacRed is coming from - Madrid have fu**ed off some true world class players in the past few years because they have had their heads turned by the next big thing playing somewhere else.  They will certainly be looking to sign Neymar and a few others this summer, so I could see them allowing Mesut to leave.  If they do, it will be a very stupid bit of business on their part IMO. 

As much as I hate Ronaldo because of his association with the Scum, I can appreciate and respect the fact that he is a very hard working player and he has truly put in the time to become one of the great players to ever play the game.  The fact that he thinks so highly of Mesut means a lot:

Ozil joined the Blancos from Werder Bremen in the summer of 2010 and has become an important first team member and Ronaldo is very pleased to have the attacking midfielder at his side at the Bernabeu.

"Yes, Mesut has made me better. If you have great players around you, your play becomes stronger," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by Kicker.

"Ozil is fantastic. He can read the game and knows when he needs to play the pass, when he should take a dribble - that's simply class.

"We have a really good connection and this is still getting better. I love to play with him, he is fantastic."

Ronaldo then discussed his personal development and stated that he still has room for improvement in certain areas of his game.

"Well, you never know your limits. And of course I can do a few things better."

Ronaldo has scored 13 goals in 11 Liga encounters in the 2011-12 campaign.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/11/07/2746806/real-madrids-cristiano-ronaldo-mesut-ozil-has-made-me-a
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2011 03:24:17 pm by harrydunn08 »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Dec 19, 2011 03:12:27 pm
      Would love him here.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Dec 19, 2011 03:55:01 pm
      We'd need to secure Champions League football before I think he'd consider coming here.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #20: Dec 19, 2011 04:23:52 pm
      Would absolutely love to see him here! The boy is class, proven, and worth breaking the bank for, IMO. But it's highly unlikely this January, and his stock will only rise even higher after the Euros (unless he has a God-awful tournament, also unlikely). Like RedLFCBlood said, we would at least have to have secured a Champions League spot before he'd consider. Such an unrealistic rumor, though.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2011 04:51:18 pm by TheRedMosquito »
      Bier
      Reply #21: Dec 19, 2011 07:00:54 pm
      For someone who acts like he knows everything about Dutch football, you should remember that Sneijder's situation back then was very similar to Ozil's current situation at Real Madrid: A very good first season, followed by a mediocre second season. At the end of the second season, Sneijder was replaced by Perez' new toy Kaka. With Real Madrid actively pursuing Eden Hazard, Ozil's situation at Real Maderid is not only similar to Sneijder's. It is pretty much identical.
      Sneijder was injured for the first 3 months of his 2nd season, and after that was frequently played out of position and rotated with the newly signed Van der Vaart and Guti. But Pellegrini really wanted to keep both Robben and Sneijder. The main reason for Sneijder's transfer was Perez' new presidency, he cleared out the team, and bought a new one. Completely different situation.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #22: Dec 19, 2011 07:28:49 pm
      Sneijder was injured for the first 3 months of his 2nd season, and after that was frequently played out of position and rotated with the newly signed Van der Vaart and Guti. But Pellegrini really wanted to keep both Robben and Sneijder. The main reason for Sneijder's transfer was Perez' new presidency, he cleared out the team, and bought a new one. Completely different situation.

I believe that the point Mac is trying to make is that Madrid have a history of selling off very talented players because they get starry eyed by new starlets that they can bring in.  Mesut is a great player, but Madrid seem to be very interested in both Neymar and Hazard at the moment and they may be looking to make space in their roster for the addition of these two in the summer.  Mesut, Callejon, and Kaka are a few players who may be sacrificed in order to make room for the new wave of players signed by the club next summer....

Quick Reply