Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Johnson
      (0.8%)
      Enrique
      (14.8%)
      Skrtel
      (17.2%)
      Agger
      (2.5%)
      Henderson
      (0%)
      Adam
      (1.6%)
      Downing
      (15.6%)
      Maxi
      (23%)
      Carroll
      (3.3%)
      Suarez
      (6.6%)
      Gerrard
      (14.8%)
      Bellamy
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing

Read 42999 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Blackburn 3pm kick off
      Reply #575: Dec 26, 2011 05:09:25 pm
      Disappointed. Frustrated. At a loss for words.

Another game where we just couldn't finish off our chances. It's becoming highly frustrating.

The last-minute was was just salt on the wounds, like in the game against Norwich. As if we're being teased about not being able to score.

I'd keep finishing aside for today and would like to throw light on our dead-balls and crosses. We're pathetic from dead-balls, can't seem to do much from the corners and freekicks.
      As for crossing, it was there for everyone to see. Some of Downing's and most of Enrique's crosses were just downright lousy.

F**k this sh*t, I need a beer.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #576: Dec 26, 2011 05:09:26 pm
      And just to throw it in the ring - can be tricky playing against a team with NO ambition and ten men behind the ball for most of the match - and the worst timewasters I have seen all season (or that I can remember since Allardyce's Bolton side).
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #577: Dec 26, 2011 05:09:37 pm
      We have got too many mediocre players in the form of Adam,Henderson,Carroll and Downing.We need to buy atleast one genuine quality player in january to save our season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,460 posts | 2853 
      Reply #578: Dec 26, 2011 05:09:52 pm
      Just for balance - how many conceded?  There must be a difference there.

Yeah there is.

Conceded 23 under Hodgson compared to 14 under Kenny.

Still shows how our attacking third work isn't really developing at an ideal rate.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #579: Dec 26, 2011 05:10:28 pm
      F***ing arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the F**k is Mark Bunn and why the F**k do cu*ts like him pull saves out their arse when they play us and go back to being F***ing sh*t the next week. F**k!

This is my feeling after every match.
      Who the F**k is Cerny, Bunn, Rudy, Al-Habsi etc etc. All become heroes against us.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing
      Reply #580: Dec 26, 2011 05:11:00 pm
      Here's a stat to cheer everyone up.

We've scored the same amount of league goals in the first 18 games of Dalglish's first full season as we did in the first 18 league games under Hodgson - 21*

*subject to my maths being right

Can we tally the chances and possession stats too?  Would be interesting.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #581: Dec 26, 2011 05:11:10 pm
      Exactly. Come some one tell me what exactly he has done at Sunderland to warrant a place in our club???

Don't think he can even get into the Blackburn team. No disrespect to Blackburn. KD has to admit after half the season gone if Henderson is not showing signs of the quality expected, just move on and get someone else in. We can't continue to wait for him to improve and slow us down as a team.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #582: Dec 26, 2011 05:11:31 pm
      I dont get how Al Habsi completely has no clue against a Berbatov penalty and looks like a spastic F**k but against us he saves a decent kick.

Give me a F***ing break
      MickyMetal
      • Banned
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #583: Dec 26, 2011 05:11:40 pm
      F***ing arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the f**k is Mark Bunn and why the f**k do cu*ts like him pull saves out their arse when they play us and go back to being f**king sh*t the next week. F**k!

if Caroll would have got his header on target and/or got a little more purchase on that volley then we wouldn't have been worried about some no-mark goalie. That's our problem, we think we've been unlucky, but the fact is, Caroll has not been finishing in the manner a £50million striker should (even a £500,000 stiker would have got more power on that volley to take it past the keeper instead of a weak waft with his side foot a la Caroll).
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #584: Dec 26, 2011 05:11:47 pm
      Yeah there is.

Conceded 23 under Hodgson compared to 14 under Kenny.

Still shows how our attacking third work isn't really developing at an ideal rate.

And Hodgson had a certain ex-striker at his disposal.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #585: Dec 26, 2011 05:13:39 pm
      Just remember folks that we can be critical of players and associate the criticism with KD - but Comolli needs to take some of the/any 'flak' too as he would have done most/all/some of the research on these guys.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #586: Dec 26, 2011 05:13:46 pm

Thats rubbish mate.

We are developing as a offensive unit, just look at the performances and the chances we've created compared to Woy's reign here. 

We have been creating chances, missed penalties, numerous times we've hit the post or the bar. Under Woy we couldn't create a hotmail account.

The problem is putting away the chances, and once we find the solution to that main problem, i believe everything will click into place and we will be truly underway. Hopefully a goalscorer might be purchased in january. 

Until then, there will still be plenty of frustrating matches.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,460 posts | 2853 
      Reply #587: Dec 26, 2011 05:13:53 pm
      And Hodgson had a certain ex-striker at his disposal.

I'm not trying to compare Hodgson and Kenny.

I'm just trying to point out that our work in the final third (well at least the finishing side of it) is the aspect that is clearly holding us back. We've improved in our defensive work and also the creation of chances significantly in just under a year but in front of a goal - well we're a bottom half team in that respect.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #588: Dec 26, 2011 05:14:02 pm
      Charlie Adam misses penalty in last match and scores an own goal in this one.
      Not so great really is it.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #589: Dec 26, 2011 05:14:19 pm
      Thinking positively - I thought Andy walked straight back into the side and played well.  Would like to see him get a run of games now.

No matter who it is i will always support a player who is wearing the LFC shirt, not that there wasn't any positives from him today, but i i think that Andy simply doesn't fit into the way that we play! Since Bellamy didn't start against Wigan i expected him to start today, and i think it is evident today that Bellamy would've been a better option.

I'm not putting all the blame on Carroll because he did do some encouraging things today, infact like most others i would much rather see Shelvey and Spearing start rather than Henderson and Adam who were poor and have been fairly consistently now!

Please kenny get a goal-scorer, with Gerrard back we just need someone to put the ball in the back of the net! Preferably Podolski!
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #590: Dec 26, 2011 05:14:27 pm
      Don't think he can even get into the Blackburn team. No disrespect to Blackburn. KD has to admit after half the season gone if Henderson is not showing signs of the quality expected, just move on and get someone else in. We can't continue to wait for him to improve and slow us down as a team.

Jordan Henderson wouldn't get into the blackburn side? thats a joke of a knee jerk, a joke.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #591: Dec 26, 2011 05:15:52 pm
      This is my feeling after every match.
      Who the F**k is Cerny, Bunn, Rudy, Al-Habsi etc etc. All become heroes against us.
      You forgot Vorm  >:D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1541 
      Reply #592: Dec 26, 2011 05:16:14 pm
      This is becomeing a joke, Top 4 my arse, we are becoming a laughing stock.  Every one wants to play us at the moment. Why are we so slow around opponents box, all our lads want too many touches on the ball, instead of 1 or 2 touch footy, we are taking 4 and 5 touches before we lay the ball off, and all the avenues are closed up by defenders. We always seem to have to get througth a wall of players around their box, rather than pass through them into space where we have runners going at defenders. When we get chances, we are always outnumbered, when we concede chances, again, our defenders  always seem to be outnumbered. I don't think the flow of our play, box to box is decisive enough, it's too predictable and the short sideways passing is costing time which enables the opposition to get too many players behind the ball. I'm sure Keane will soon be out of a job. If they had played anybody else today, it would have been tonight. I know it's the season of good will, but Pleeeaaasssse. Total domination, massive possesion, poor goals count again. It seems we are playing into the other sides hands. Keepers playing blinders ? they shouldn't get a sniff from some of the chances we've had. Poor finishing that's what it is. Gerrard 16 mins, Bellars less than 10. Same old, put subs on with too little time to make an impact. Think I'm just gonna cease all expectations of anything more than top 10. Just meander along and settle for whatever becomes of us. Only way to avaoid a mental breakdown I think.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #593: Dec 26, 2011 05:16:19 pm
      I'm going to the bog for a great big sh*t and to take some time to reflect on the match.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #594: Dec 26, 2011 05:16:57 pm
      We can make up all the excuses we want that was simply not good enough.  There was some difference between Adam and Gerrard. Serious investment is still needed
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #595: Dec 26, 2011 05:17:24 pm
      This is no ones fault other than the XI out there at the time. It's not Commolli or Kenny out there kicking the ball. They have a system good enough that is creating chances and carving the other team but if the players put out there don't take the chances then what good are they?

Positive is Gerrard back. Negative is again F***ing TAKE YOUR CHANCES!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #596: Dec 26, 2011 05:18:20 pm
      Jordan Henderson wouldn't get into the blackburn side? thats a joke of a knee jerk, a joke.

You are just putting too much faith in him, or have you been watching him play lately? This is no knee jerk, were you watching the Blackburn game? Blind faith?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #597: Dec 26, 2011 05:18:52 pm
      We can make up all the excuses we want that was simply not good enough.  There was some difference between Adam and Gerrard. Serious investment is still needed

I agree with this. I even started to believe that Adam was good, but damn Gerrard IS good.

Quick Reply