Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Kaka (Real Madrid)

Read 20323 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Kaka (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: Dec 29, 2011 12:28:17 am
      Why would we need Kaka when we have Adam...... younger too. 

:)

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Dec 29, 2011 12:28:56 am
      We're talking about a FIFA World Player of the Year here, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Dec 29, 2011 12:36:33 am
      We're talking about a FIFA World Player of the Year here, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I think we all would mate, just trying to see it logically from our owners point of view.

Would Kaka earn a hefty amount of money back on shirt sales, given his age and the price.

If they believe so, then it would make sense, if they didn't believe so, then it wouldnt.

Thats how I see it anyway, its not like he'd have a re-sale value after a four year contract.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #26: Dec 29, 2011 12:57:04 am
      Paying 22 million for Kaka is nuts, you have 2 squad-improving players for that amount

If he is fully fit, paying £22 million for Kaka is peanuts. He is a very intelligent player, and if the injuries are behind him, he will have a long and prosperous career in central midfield. A player with a great vision and ability to spot the pass, he will have no problem adapting to a more withdrawn role in the later stages of his career.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #27: Dec 29, 2011 01:13:32 am
      Gerrard is what 30, or 31 and had a year of injury, and did you see the reception he got against blackburn? Maybe 29 is not too old?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #28: Dec 29, 2011 01:22:59 am
      Would take him on loan or buy him for like 5 million if that's possible, ;D.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #29: Dec 29, 2011 02:22:13 am
      We have no space for "ifs" at this point, we need instant impact if we really do mean the Europa/CL qualification
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Dec 29, 2011 03:45:12 am
      Would be F***ing epic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Dec 29, 2011 08:09:04 am
      Tha lad has class.

We need more Class in our team. Go get him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #32: Dec 29, 2011 09:16:29 am
      We have no space for "ifs" at this point, we need instant impact if we really do mean the Europa/CL qualification

Well, you don't get more instant impact than the FIFA World Player of the Year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #33: Dec 29, 2011 10:00:54 am
      I think we all would have niggling doubts as to how good he still could be and if he is truly over his injury but everyone of us would have a massive smile on our faces if he stepped out in a red shirt sometime in January.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Dec 29, 2011 10:43:49 am
      Well, you don't get more instant impact than the FIFA World Player of the Year.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #35: Dec 29, 2011 10:54:50 am
      It is rubbish to buy him and say he will make an impact just because he was FIFA World Player of the Year.

I personally like Kaka myself but he hasn't exactly been the same player since he won that award.

However, I wouldn't mind having him here on loan or for some amount below 22 million.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #36: Dec 29, 2011 11:10:35 am
      It is rubbish to buy him and say he will make an impact just because he was FIFA World Player of the Year.

I personally like Kaka myself but he hasn't exactly been the same player since he won that award.

Certainly have to agree, it's not like he won it last year, and he's had injuries since then that have affected his game.

There are lots of "ifs". If he can get over his injuries and remain fit, as well as adapt to the Premier League, then he could have a huge impact.

However, his class is undeniable, and he should have a few years left in his boots. A loan with option to buy is practically zero risk.

Also in his favour would be the psychological impact. I think it would be a big boost for the fans as he is legend of the game, and I think our younger players could learn a lot from him.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Reply #37: Dec 29, 2011 12:08:38 pm
      The reference to LFC in the story was extremely tenuous - ..."and even Liverpool would likely find a way to fit the World Cup winner into its team" - so I don't take this piece of speculation seriously at all.

If he does move (big if) I'd say a reunion with Carlo Ancelotti at PSG could be on the cards.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #38: Dec 29, 2011 12:16:52 pm
      The real question is would Charlie Adam lose his place because of this. If yes, we should pass.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Dec 29, 2011 12:23:46 pm
      The real question is would Charlie Adam lose his place because of this. If yes, we should pass.

:D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #40: Dec 29, 2011 12:25:20 pm

Adam or Kaka - who would have thought it would ever be a choice...

Personally I think we need impact and some cutting edge up top. We create a lot of chances, just not putting them away. Cripes was it not 20 shots on goal vs Blackburn? Kaka will give us opportunities, but we need a finisher... Is Kaka that? He would be a fantastic addition, and much like VDV at Spurs, who I think will get him for the record.

I would rather see us get a world class striker - someone who will put these opportunities away. We are creating enough to be hammering teams. Once we get a finisher the goals will start to fly in.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Reply #41: Dec 29, 2011 12:28:43 pm
      Looking again at the story, I don't think the link to LFC is strong enough to be the basis of this thread.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Dec 29, 2011 01:23:12 pm

However, I wouldn't mind having him here on loan or for some amount below 22 million.

If we have £35M for Carroll, £20M for Downing... £22M for Kaka is nothing
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Dec 29, 2011 04:11:43 pm
      Ah yes, but can he handle a cold December night at

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #44: Dec 29, 2011 04:49:19 pm
      its not like he has forgot how to play the game. everytime i watched him play this season he is played decent. all he need is a confidence boost and regular playing time. He has atleast 3 years in him.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #45: Dec 29, 2011 05:06:32 pm
      If we have £35M for Carroll, £20M for Downing... £22M for Kaka is nothing

I agree that he is not necessarily expensive compared to some of our other overpriced Englishmen, but is he really what we need right now?  Stevie is just coming back from injury, and he will step into the CAM position.  We are in need of wingers who can and will actually take on and beat a man, a striker who will actually score goals, and possibly a holding midfield player to cope with the absence of Lucas.  Kaka is still a good player, but we don't need him....

Quick Reply