Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger

Read 70290 times
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Re: Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger
      Reply #897: Jan 21, 2012 11:17:56 pm
      And to think Adam had the gaul to take the no 26 shirt of Jay Spearing!!! Dear oh dear oh dear
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #898: Jan 21, 2012 11:18:39 pm
      sh*t sh*t sh*t!
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #899: Jan 21, 2012 11:23:13 pm
      Watched KK's post match and the players that should be top of his list in terms of effort: Adam, Caroll and Enrique. They seemed not bothered. Especially Enrique's performance was really unlike him and indifferent
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #900: Jan 21, 2012 11:24:42 pm
      Quote from s@int link
      I just hope the money is made available to bring in a couple of top quality signings....... I still have a few doubts and concerns about our new owners, hopefully they will show they are groundless fears by opening their cheque book now rather than waiting till the summer.

The owners opened the chequebook for a forward last January. And look at what they got. We need quality players, not emergencies at inflated prices that can't cut the mustard.

The performance made last week look like Brazil. We even threatened to make David Ngog look a decent player.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #901: Jan 21, 2012 11:25:32 pm
      Do u know what you can do.....but hey your looking for a wind up, if you think that is acceptable for Liverpool team you havent being supporting the club long.

At not one point in my post have I suggested anything about today is acceptable. Its there to see.

Don't make things up.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #902: Jan 21, 2012 11:27:06 pm
      We even threatened to make David Ngog look a decent player.

We werent that poor...
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #903: Jan 21, 2012 11:29:38 pm
      Its not as simple as that for me, we fundamenatly got the start wrong, no one in midfield picked up their runners and we were behind the 8 ball straight away. In games like this against sides who lack in confidence dont give them anything early. If we had started as well as we did at City in the league cup we wouldnt have lost this game. The simple fact is we started poorly and got worse.

You're essentially saying we are a 2 man team, thats not right. Kenny needs to have more than one transfer window to transform this depleated squad, people who are knee jerking after 12 months are f**king idiots  for me.
      No i dont think we are a two man team i think any team that has two of their best players taken away will struggle(i.e city without kompany and toure arent the same)  add to that gerrard is only getting into the swing of things.  Im not questioning kenny as our manager yes i think hes mad two very bad signings in carroll and downing(carroll was a panic though) but today i feel we had no shape at all. Neither stevie or adam where holding and someone has to play that holding role. I also think since lucas has gone adam has mainly suffered because hes not a box to box midfielder he cannot defend hes a playmaker which he done well with lucas because he didnt have to get back. With suarez in the team we created loads of chances and it really was bad luck and poor finishing but since hes been out wev been poor except the second half against newcastle. Wer not creating clear cut chances wer slow getting players forward and we run out of ideas. Its the same as last week except this week our defence played bad and couldnt bail us out.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #904: Jan 21, 2012 11:39:24 pm
      At not one point in my post have I suggested anything about today is acceptable. Its there to see.

Don't make things up.

ur giving out to me for critising that shambles today even though i called a lot of it
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #905: Jan 21, 2012 11:42:28 pm
      No i dont think we are a two man team i think any team that has two of their best players taken away will struggle(i.e city without kompany and toure arent the same)  add to that gerrard is only getting into the swing of things.  Im not questioning kenny as our manager yes i think hes mad two very bad signings in carroll and downing(carroll was a panic though) but today i feel we had no shape at all. Neither stevie or adam where holding and someone has to play that holding role. I also think since lucas has gone adam has mainly suffered because hes not a box to box midfielder he cannot defend hes a playmaker which he done well with lucas because he didnt have to get back. With suarez in the team we created loads of chances and it really was bad luck and poor finishing but since hes been out wev been poor except the second half against newcastle. Wer not creating clear cut chances wer slow getting players forward and we run out of ideas. Its the same as last week except this week our defence played bad and couldnt bail us out.

We arent working to the same budget as City, if they miss two players they can replace them with others in their squad on 100k a week.. Your right the two in midfield didnt sort themsleves out but who are we to say Kenny didnt highlight that before the game started? Surely even if he didnt one of them should be experienced enough to follow runners? Thats the same at any level? And the look on Kennys face first half made me think he wasnt happy how they were dealing with it...

If you read Kennys book (and i know ive disagreed with others already on this) but Carroll was Camolli's work... Not pinning anything on DC but im just trying to put the point across that Kenny didnt bang the drum to bring Carroll in.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #906: Jan 21, 2012 11:45:28 pm
      I dont know what you are going on about.

Don't come on pissed, learn to spell, post as much after a win as you do after a defeat and stop thinking you are some sort of football mastermind with your pathetic 'I told you so's'. Its cringeworthy.

Night, night.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #907: Jan 21, 2012 11:46:10 pm
      I dont know what you are going on about.

Don't come on pissed, learn to spell, post as much after a win as you do after a defeat and stop thinking you are some sort of football mastermind with your pathetic 'I told you so's'. Its cringeworthy.

Night, night.

Sorry  :f_tongueincheek:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #908: Jan 21, 2012 11:46:10 pm
      We arent working to the same budget as City, if they miss two players they can replace them with others in their squad on 100k a week..

You'll soon realise you are wasting your breath mate.

Some on here expect us to be spending the way City do on players and expect Kenny to transform the squad over night. They seem to forget where we were just over a year ago under the owl.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #909: Jan 21, 2012 11:49:56 pm
      The worry is not were we have been but where are we going. 2 more defeats this week could destroy our entire season 2 wins could make it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #910: Jan 21, 2012 11:51:06 pm
      You'll soon realise you are wasting your breath mate.

Some on here expect us to be spending the way City do on players and expect Kenny to transform the squad over night. They seem to forget where we were just over a year ago under the owl.

Its frightening though isnt it, i genuiniely dont know what some expect. The club nearly went to the wall under 2 years ago and we were in the bottom 4 in December last year, lost the likes of Alonso, Macherano, Torres from the squad we wouldnt have wanted to and replaced them with the likes of Poulsen, Konchesky and Jovanovic... Kenny has had to revamp the squad.. Deal with it, it wont happen overnight.

Performances like tonight arent acceptable but im sure as hell Kenny is telling the players that as well.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #911: Jan 21, 2012 11:51:45 pm
      Quote from srslfc

No, not really. We were winning at Bolton then. Maybe some forgot that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #912: Jan 21, 2012 11:52:29 pm
      Problem is if UTD or Barca want them, we wont be getting them. 
      I said for many years not today.If we had bought more cautiously over the last 20 years things would have been different but on the whole our purchases have been poor with one or two exceptions.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #913: Jan 21, 2012 11:54:03 pm

Oh come on mate, really?? You are willing to judge the whole picture on the odd display here and there?

F**k me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #914: Jan 21, 2012 11:54:14 pm

So just so I'm clear, you would rather go back to having the media's favourite old manager in charge with two f**king parasites in charge of the club than where we are today?

You are a joke my friend.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #915: Jan 21, 2012 11:58:15 pm
      I only got back an hour ago.

Tired. Wish I could get my money back. Never left a game before the end before, but I think I drew a line in the sand this evening. Cold, angry and being borderline insulted by the effort of some of our players today.

Not for me.

Edit: I miss Rafa.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #916: Jan 21, 2012 11:58:41 pm
      First time Bolton have scored three goals in a league against Liverpool since 1950 .

Fahct.

Kenny has officially said it is the worst performance of the team since he returned to the club as manager.

HOWEVER  ..................

Could this be a cunning plan just before the City game ?

Think.

We really couldnt have been that sh*te ...could we ?

Is this Plan 47  to confuse the enemy and give them a false sense of confidence?

Could we have sacrificed three points losing the battle to win the war ?

This is the only reasonable explanation !
      Nope we were just F***ing w*nk,and if we play like that against the 2 manc clubs we are going to get twatted.....faachht.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #917: Jan 22, 2012 12:00:31 am
      I only got back an hour ago.

Tired. Wish I could get my money back. Never left a game before the end before, but I think I drew a line in the sand this evening. Cold, angry and being borderline insulted by the effort of some of our players today.

Not for me.

Edit: I miss Rafa.

You were at the game today lad, different to watching it on tv, what were the issues you saw? Any different to what came across?
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #918: Jan 22, 2012 12:01:02 am
      Quote from Paisleydalglish
      Oh come on mate, really?? You are willing to judge the whole picture on the odd display here and there?

No I'm not, but he's been out of the job a year. We can't put every bad result now down to him.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #919: Jan 22, 2012 12:02:45 am
      No I'm not, but he's been out of the job a year. We can't put every bad result now down to him.

So every good performance is down to the manager and every bad performance is down to them?

Not as simple as that for me.

Quick Reply