Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who played the best today?

Pepe Reina
      (0.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.2%)
      Jose Enrique
      (6.7%)
      Jay Spearing
      (20.9%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (10.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (8.2%)
      Stewart Downing
      (5.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (28.4%)
      Other
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: In-Game and Post Match Frustration

Read 53398 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: In-Game and Post Match Frustration
      Reply #805: Mar 04, 2012 02:22:54 pm
      I'm sure its unanimously agreed that we were in better form in the league this time last season. Simple difference being we were converting our chances at a more succesful rate. I actually think our performance yesterday, particularly in the first half, was one of our best this season and would of rivalled any of our performances towards the back end of last season. Problem is we can't hit a barn door with a banjo, and its been our problem since the beginning of the season.

Frightening to think where we could be with a finisher like RVP in the team.

That being said, this time last season we had a trophy less and were knocked out of the FA cup. Silver linings and all that.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #806: Mar 04, 2012 02:28:35 pm
      I never said Kenny out, why because I dont want him out, but am I happy with us this season, no, do I see progression, no.

I think we have to be much much better in this Summers transfer market. We have made some poor mistakes last Summer.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #807: Mar 04, 2012 02:40:05 pm
      I believe our real problem lies with the midfield, sad to say Adam is not the answer to bring us forward, he's too slow to get out of defensive mode into attacking mode, one touch too many and  by the time he passed the ball  to our wingers, all doors shut and Suarez has to do everything by himself. Honestly, I haven't seen him making a quality through pass to Suarez or a quality shot at goal, he just whipped it to the wings or someone else in midfield. We need someone better than that comes next season. He sat too deep inside our half in this game as he's not quick enough to track back to cover, that would leave us vulnerable at the back, even when  he tracked back or remained in our half his defensive qualities is also questionable. Spearing is many time better than him in defensive and attacking qualities. Simply said, he can't move too far forward and he can't defend well either and resulting in us always short of bodies inside the opposition box. His crosses can't get pass the first defender most of the time and this is not acceptable. Hendo showed glimpse of what he can do but he still has a long way to go to realise his full potential.

Ok, Suarez should have been more clinical in front of goal but what do we expect of him when he had to waltz pass defenders all by himself and not getting any support from midfield. Downing is picking up form but can't blame him either, he whipped those crosses in as expected of him but Adam and Hendo lack of pace and aggression sadly does not allow them to run deep into the opposition box to avoid being caught out.

We most probably need to bring-in 4-players, 2 midfielders (one defensive and one offensive - a Masch and  a Mata), proper right winger and a striker..... may just be a wishful thinking. Someone mentioned Torres, I don't mind he has got some quality passes from the wing, we have seen that before and he'll team up well with Suarez, both intelligent players.

In summary we bought badly in midfield, if we don't revamp the midfield and at least get a proper striker it'll be the same old story comes next season.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #808: Mar 04, 2012 03:17:35 pm
      I've only just been able to come back to this because some of the comments in here from so called supporters is frankly f**king discraceful. We have a reputation of being knowledgable football fans but I'm afraid that tag is being threatened by some of the current set of fans ( not supporters, fans).

I'm not going through player by player minute by minute aspects of the game because frankly its pointless reading some comments on the last 10 pages or so.

Let's face it, that's a game we should have won, we could have killed it in the first half and yes that's frustrating and the tale of the season to a point. We have controlled that game for the most part and been undone by a striker in the form of his life.. Both their goals I think it's really petty to really slaughter us.. Every goal in football you can say at some point in the build up we should have done better there or stopped that there but at times just hold your hands up and say you know what that first goal was a fantastic ball in and attacked brilliantly by the forward.. And the second.. We were pushing up and he was off then he bent his run stayed just on while our lot were pushing out still and it technically was a great finish. I'm sure Pepe would think he should do better himself but 99% of the time the striker goes across goal and goalkeeping like most of football is anticipation..
      I tell you what had we scored their two I'd be waxing lyrical about how good they were so I'm not going to pick holes in good goals against us.

A couple of things I was proud of yesterday.. We out played arguably the best footballing side in the league at their own game. Jordan Henderson on the back of a shocker at Wembley didn't hide and played pretty well yesterday, shows he has mental strength as well as being technically a good player.

Some fans need to look at themselves and become supporters or f**k off your not welcome. I'd expect this type of sh*t had we lost 5-0 and been f**king awful.

I'm not carrying on because frankly I'm more upset by some of these comments than our league season.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #809: Mar 04, 2012 03:27:08 pm
      That's a game I want to forget! same old story really for us, we create sh*t load of chances but can't find the breakthrough moment! I thought we would be better against Arsenal yesterday, they barely had any chances but you can't deny they made the most of them, and whats going on with the super late subs ??? that's crazy we would have done with a bit of Bellamy magic at like 65 mins or why not Carroll he'd be well rested, but yet he does not start! crazy tactics IMO especially just as he is turning the corner.  I'd prefer if we had less possesion and make the other teams work from now on, catch them on the break and just hope that we then get the kick up the ass we need to get more out of the games we play!!!

Ah well nice easy game coming up next, no wait it's Sunderland away.....
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #810: Mar 04, 2012 03:47:47 pm
      Foiled by the post again, story of our season so far, i think it"s been 22 times this season , followed closely by citeh. We got off to a flying start ,putting the pressure on straight away and i thought that we were the better side, the difference was RVP ,because without him Arsenal were non runners.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #811: Mar 04, 2012 05:11:32 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17246737

Cheer Up.
      View from up the Arse......

Wojciech Szczesny: Arsenal were lucky to beat Liverpool

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny admitted his side were fortunate to secure a 2-1 win at Liverpool.

Szczesny saved a Dirk Kuyt penalty before Robin van Persie struck twice, the winner coming in injury time.

"We got away with murder at half-time because in the first-half we got killed all over the park," said the Pole.

"We were really lucky to come in at 1-1 but used that to our advantage, defended very well in the second half and came away with a late winner."

Prior to last weekend's victory over Tottenham , the Gunners were 10 points behind their north London rivals, who seemed assured of third place in this season's Premier League.

But their second successive win reduced the deficit to four points, with Spurs facing a difficult match at home to Manchester United on Sunday.

"It's a massive win," said Szczesny, who made a string of fine saves.
      "It's a little bit harsh on Liverpool because they played really well for 90 minutes but there were games this season when we deserved to win and lost."

Asked about the reaction of Arsenal fans, the 21-year-old, who joined the club's youth set-up in 2006, added: "I think they forgave us after the Tottenham game.

"There is a massive buzz around the dressing room and around the club and you could see the spirit on the pitch. We never gave up even though the odds were against us."

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger agreed that his side rode their luck at Anfield.

"We had big problems in the first half," said the Frenchman, whose team were thrashed 4-0 by AC Milan in the Champions League and also beaten 2-0 in the FA Cup by Sunderland before their renaissance against Spurs, which helped Wenger to win the Manager of the Month award .

"The luck was that it was 1-1 at half-time," he said.
      "I felt we were not in the rhythm of the game and were dominated by Liverpool.

"It is hard for Liverpool to lose the game.
      They had a very good first half and we were not in the game.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #812: Mar 04, 2012 05:45:03 pm
      Carragher & Kelly, between them, should never have let him have the chance, if we're playing that game.
      I am not playing any game i thought he could have done better ,,if you dont thats fine your perrogative. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1511 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #813: Mar 04, 2012 05:47:12 pm
      In total contrast, the scum mancs have been playing like a bunch of hags, and find themselves 3-0 away to Spurs.

It really is all about taking your chances.

Sickening.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #814: Mar 04, 2012 05:48:50 pm
      Tottenham it seems are dipping in form. Maybe Arsenal slip to 3rd and Spurs drop to fourth and it could still be within our grasp? Who knows..
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #815: Mar 04, 2012 06:06:46 pm
      Tottenham it seems are dipping in form. Maybe Arsenal slip to 3rd and Spurs drop to fourth and it could still be within our grasp? Who knows..

14 points is a lot to make up on Spurs, even with a game in hand. Let's hope their capitulation continues and the 'Arry for England media coverage probably isn't helping them.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #816: Mar 04, 2012 07:09:54 pm
      14 points is a lot to make up on Spurs, even with a game in hand. Let's hope their capitulation continues and the 'Arry for England media coverage probably isn't helping them.

If they continue slipping it is possible.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #817: Mar 04, 2012 07:14:39 pm
      No its not
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #818: Mar 04, 2012 07:18:25 pm
      Honest question do posters really think we will finish ahead of Spurs, honestly now.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #819: Mar 04, 2012 07:42:46 pm
      Honest question do posters really think we will finish ahead of Spurs, honestly now.

No..

They have had three poor results on the bounce, I wonder if they have a CorballyWhite on one of their sites suggesting all is bad and that they haven't improved since 1961.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #820: Mar 04, 2012 07:45:52 pm
      Why would any Spurs fan be negative, they are playing the best football they have in years, takes me back to 2008 under Rafa. Really was an enjoyable time.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #821: Mar 04, 2012 07:53:59 pm
      Why would any Spurs fan be negative, they are playing the best football they have in years, takes me back to 2008 under Rafa. Really was an enjoyable time.

Was kidding Corb.

But don't drag us back to 2008 please, there are two other people to blame for where we are now compared to then and Kenny Dalglish isn't one of them.

But he is helping to take us back there. Patience lad.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #822: Mar 04, 2012 07:55:23 pm
      I dont think he is mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #823: Mar 04, 2012 08:02:29 pm
      I'll answer your question Corbally, no I don't think there's a chance in hell we'll finish above Spurs this season due to them simply playing outstanding football and having a fully developed squad compared to our transitional squad and shocking home form compounded by horrible luck.

You answer mine: In some threads you claim you want Dalglish yet you continually bang the drum that he's taking us nowhere or he hasn't improved us, do you honestly want Dalglish to be the manager?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #824: Mar 04, 2012 08:02:37 pm

Don't think he is which bit? Not to blame or taking us back there?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #825: Mar 04, 2012 08:04:14 pm
      But he is helping to take us back there. Patience lad.

Agreed but...

Maybe we should start a "Is Kenny The Right Man?" thread; saying as we've now got dissidents cavorting openly within our ranks. I knew it wouldn't take long.  >:D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #826: Mar 04, 2012 08:06:18 pm
      Agreed but...

Maybe we should start a "Is Kenny The Right Man?" thread; saying as we've now got dissidents cavorting openly within our ranks. I knew it wouldn't take long.  >:D

After a year bub? Jesus what's happening to our fan base..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #827: Mar 04, 2012 08:22:29 pm
      No I would give Kenny time but wont mean I'll see what is not there either. He needs to do better in the transfer market this Summer.

Quick Reply