Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool vs Ajax NextGen Semi Final

Read 22160 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Liverpool vs Ajax NextGen Semi Final
      Mar 14, 2012 12:20:18 pm

The first NextGen Semi-Final has arrived and will take place at St Helen's brand new Stadium on Wednesday 14th March, kick-off 7:00pm.

The clash will see in-form Ajax travel to Liverpool following their 3-0 demolition of Barcelona in the Quarter-Finals last month,
      FC Barcelona -- Ajax: en directe la NextGen Series

The confident Dutch team will have to pull off a similar performance to beat a Liverpool side that have been producing some of the most exciting and attacking football throughout.
      http://www.nextgenseries.com/Watching-NextGen?page=3

St Helen’s new Langtree Stadium will host this contest for a place in the Final against either Marseille or Inter Milan. This £30m stadium took over twelve months to build and with a capacity of 18,000 provides the ideal atmosphere for the NextGen Semi-Final.

Ticketing Information:

St Helens Langtree Park: Wednesday 14th March, 19:00
      Tickets will be sold from the St Helens ticket office.
      By phone: 01744 455 052
      From 5th March they will also be available at the Anfield ticket office, and they can be purchased at the gate on the night.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool vs Ajax NextGen Semi Final
      Reply #1: Mar 14, 2012 12:23:23 pm
      I've been to Langtree Park to watch the rugby and it's a nice new stadium! Hope the lads can get a result tonight
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Mar 14, 2012 12:26:57 pm
      Was supposed to be going to this, snowed under with my dissertation though :(

Hope the lads put in a good performance. Great experience for them this.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Mar 14, 2012 12:27:43 pm
      http://www.nextgenseries.com/Watching-NextGen

TERRITORY___BROADCASTER_ __COMMITMENT
      UK____________ITV4______ ___Final (if LFC in Final)
      Norway______TV2 Sport_______Semi Final and Final
      Holland_____Eridivisie Live_____Ajax semi final and Final (if Ajax in Final)
      CIS (Russia)___Setanta_______Semi Final and Final
      Ireland_______Setanta___ ____Semi Final and Final
      France______Eurosport___ ____OM Semi Final and Final (if OM in Final)
      ME and NA____ADMC_________SF and Final
      Israel_______Charlton___ ____SF and Final
      USA________Fox Soccer______SF and Final
      Canada_____Fox Soccer______SF and Final
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Mar 14, 2012 12:32:09 pm
      Rodolfo's Ajax admiration
      14th Mar 2012 - Latest News

Rodolfo Borrell is predicting an open attacking tie when Liverpool U19s take on Ajax in the NextGen Series semi-final at St Helens Langtree Park on Wednesday night (7pm).

The Dutch outfit, who have a great reputation for producing talented players, beat Barcelona 3-0 in Spain to reach the last four and the Spanish coach knows how tough a test his side face.

"I know a lot about Ajax as they have a magnificent academy which they've had for many years and they play and train the same way with the same idea," Borrell told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"They have players who are technically very good with quick speed of thought and it's going to be a really good experience to play against them.

"I don't like to compare one football school with another. Ours is totally different, two totally different styles and we will try to play as a team and try to win the game.

"They are an offensive side and they are also physical and powerful. Individual qualities are very important but the team is too.

"We are looking forward to playing at a new stadium in St Helens and we will try to do our best and play at a good level and try to entertain the supporters.

"It will be an offensive game I feel, and we need to be at the top of our game."

The road to the NextGen quarter-final
      Borrell has a lot of respect for Ajax and the style of football they play.

Indeed one of his favourite all-time players is Ajax legend Marco van Basten.

"Ajax have produced some extraordinary players. They won the Champions League with a lot of players who had come through their youth system like Kluivert, the De Boer brothers and Edgar Davids.

"Van Basten was one of my favourite players. He was elegant, a great striker and a very impressive player."

While reaching the final of the NextGen Series would be a proud moment for Borrell and his squad, the former Barcelona coach has a bigger picture as his main aim which is to produce players ready to challenge for a place in Kenny Dalglish's first-team squad.

He added: "Our main aim is to produce players for our first team. We want to make them grow, as individuals and as a team.

"We want to improve their understanding of the game. Firstly they have to impress in the reserve team and secondly they must be ready when they are called upon to train with the first team, and thirdly they have to handle the pressure that surrounds playing in the first team.

"I have also never hid the fact that winning is very important especially at Liverpool Football Club. This was my philosophy when I was at Barcelona.

"The lads must try to win every game we play, but obviously the success will be if we produce players for our first team."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Mar 14, 2012 12:39:31 pm
      I'm going  :scarf:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Mar 14, 2012 01:03:19 pm
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #7: Mar 14, 2012 01:38:30 pm
      NextGeneration ‏ @NextGenSeries
      TICKETS are available on the gate tonight for Liverpool FC vs. AFC Ajax at Langtree Park Stadium. Come show your support! KO 7pm #NextGen RT

Would definitely go if I lived near Liverpool, appreciation to those who do go, the young reds need all of your support!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #8: Mar 14, 2012 01:44:40 pm
      Would definitely go if I lived near Liverpool, appreciation to those who do go, the young reds need all of your support!

I was gutted when I first read that the venue had changed but when I looked into it, I found that it's now even easier for me to get to. Route planners say it's less than an hour away but rush hour traffic on the M6? Hmm. Think I'll leave nice and early!

I would urge anyone who can get to this to go. You have to bear in mind that this is U19s, not U16s and some of these lads are on the brink of coming through to the first team.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Mar 14, 2012 01:50:44 pm
      It's ridiculously cheap and fast to get there from Liverpool, I think the train ticket is like £2 and it takes just 25-30 mins. The stadium is just a 5-10 minutes walk from the train station as well, and the facilities are very good.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #10: Mar 14, 2012 01:52:35 pm
      I looked at getting a train from Stoke. It's about £24, takes over 2 hours with 2 changes, haha. Think I'll drive!
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 14, 2012 02:07:10 pm
      Would love to go, but I'm working late.

It's a shame ITV4 aren't taking as much notice of the competition as some of the other countries, as I'd be able to watch it on my phone.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #12: Mar 14, 2012 02:38:46 pm
      TAKE
      YOUR
      COATS

(and a hat).

Gutted I can't make it.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #13: Mar 14, 2012 02:46:27 pm
      I'll be there for this tonight. fiver to get in cheap as chips. Haven't a clue where to park but I'm sure we'll find somewhere. There's an all standing stand too isn't there? We were wondering how many would be watching at work this morning. Anyone heard how many there expecting?
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #14: Mar 14, 2012 02:47:24 pm
      Nice coverage racer by the way.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #15: Mar 14, 2012 02:49:16 pm
      There's an all standing stand too isn't there?

There are terraces at both ends of the ground, but I doubt they will be open.  It will probably be the South Stand, which is their main stand.

It's easy to get to from St Helens Central station.  Failing that there are plenty of multi-storey car parks etc - and there is obviously the massive Tesco car park next to the ground - although I don't know the rules about parking there for the game.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Mar 14, 2012 02:50:00 pm
      Just a heads up lefty I saw this mentioned somewhere else.

It's about 15 min walk from the Town Centre, you'll have to use the Town Centre car parks if your driving in, but beware no matchday parking in the retail car parks or at Tesco's car park behind the stadium, the ground is on Peasley Cross Lane
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: Mar 14, 2012 02:51:46 pm
      From earlier in regards to the amount expected:

NextGeneration ‏ @NextGenSeries
      Expecting a big crowd tonight at St. Helen's newly built Langtree Park Stadium.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #18: Mar 14, 2012 02:52:26 pm
      Right cheers lads. Hope its a good game. If Sterlings in the mood he was against Wigan we should be in for a lively one.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Mar 14, 2012 02:58:41 pm
      It will probably be the South Stand, which is their main stand.

South stand will have 5,233 seats, none standing and 55 disabled seats. It will also hold the St Helens RLFC club shop.
      From Wiki.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #20: Mar 14, 2012 03:03:46 pm
      Theres a matalan quite close according to google maps, not sure what the crack is on there for matchday parking.
      For anyone else wondering, Chalon Way long stay car park is the one recommended by the council for this game and doesn't seem too far a walk away. It says its a quid for 3 hours. Cheap as chips.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012 03:22:00 pm by lefty1896 »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #21: Mar 14, 2012 03:37:28 pm
      Just a heads up lefty I saw this mentioned somewhere else.

It's about 15 min walk from the Town Centre, you'll have to use the Town Centre car parks if your driving in, but beware no matchday parking in the retail car parks or at Tesco's car park behind the stadium, the ground is on Peasley Cross Lane

Yeah but if you go to the St Helens website and navigate to the page specific to this match, you get this :

Kick-off will be 7pm.

Tickets are now available from the Anfield ticket office and from the St Helens ticket office in person and on 01744 455050.

You will also be able to pay at the South East and South West turnstiles only.

Tickets are £5 for adults and £2 for concessions.

Hospitality is also available.

You can enjoy a ticket and food package for £20 adults and £12 child.

This includes match ticket, choice of meal and desert at the chefs table, access to the Sponsors Lounge pre match, half time and post the final whistle and a private bar.

To book email: hospitality@saintsrlfc.com or call 01744 455 053.

Parking is as per normal matchday; facilities are available at the Old Tesco Site and Chalon Way car parks with a nominal charge of £1.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Mar 14, 2012 03:50:39 pm
      Yeah but if you go to the St Helens website and navigate to the page specific to this match, you get this :

Kick-off will be 7pm.

Tickets are now available from the Anfield ticket office and from the St Helens ticket office in person and on 01744 455050.

You will also be able to pay at the South East and South West turnstiles only.

Tickets are £5 for adults and £2 for concessions.

Hospitality is also available.

You can enjoy a ticket and food package for £20 adults and £12 child.

This includes match ticket, choice of meal and desert at the chefs table, access to the Sponsors Lounge pre match, half time and post the final whistle and a private bar.

To book email: hospitality@saintsrlfc.com or call 01744 455 053.

Parking is as per normal matchday; facilities are available at the Old Tesco Site and Chalon Way car parks with a nominal charge of £1.

Well that's lefty sorted.
      Good work.

Quick Reply