Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness

Read 46003 times
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Wigan: In-Game and Post Match Numbness
      Reply #690: Mar 24, 2012 05:25:55 pm
      Kenny started henderson week in week out hoping that he'll turn into what Kenny expect of him, but sadly, after 30 games he's no better or worse since his first game. This could be one of Kenny's biggest mistake.
      Kenny started Henderson right from the off this season which was a mistake. It would't happen anywhere else, he should of been slowly introduced into the team last 20-30 minutes a game, make him earn his place.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #691: Mar 24, 2012 05:26:16 pm
      The side for some reason are just falling apart, dropped 15 points from the last 18, hard to see another win in the Premier League this season.
      Drop them use the lads who care something is not right in the camp.I agree I think the league programme is far from their monds its the FA Cup now nothing else matters
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #692: Mar 24, 2012 05:26:23 pm
      I have been watching Liverpool since Moses was a lad and i just cannot work these lads out.

Any news on his neck injury?  :roll:
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #693: Mar 24, 2012 05:26:49 pm
      They are professional footballers ffs getting an appropriate wage compliments of the supporters, so why the f**k can't they carry out their side of the deal?
      Putting the onus squarely on Kenny's shoulders makes no sense whatever so much so that yer mancs and yer bitters will endeavour to do that very same thing, does that not tell you that course of action is not specifically in LFC's interests? 

This all day long
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #694: Mar 24, 2012 05:27:48 pm
      Any changes expected should be these;

Coates to partner with Skrtel, Carragher clearly a spent force now.

Henderson a clear sub, when we are like four goals up. Shelvey to replace him.

Em, bring back Charlie? At least he can pass the ball well.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #695: Mar 24, 2012 05:28:16 pm
      Drop them use the lads who care something is not right in the camp.I agree I think the league programme is far from their monds its the FA Cup now nothing else matters

I was thinking similar, in league terms - could the players be on their holidays?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #696: Mar 24, 2012 05:29:45 pm
      I was thinking similar, in league terms - could the players be on their holidays?

what other reason coul dtheir be if so Kenny is responsible and he should drop them.A few games in the reserves should suffice
      AW00D
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #697: Mar 24, 2012 05:30:50 pm
      Rafa could do some damage with a decent transfer budget, we seriously need him back.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #698: Mar 24, 2012 05:32:46 pm
      That was piss poor today. We never looked like we were going to win. Even the crowd were quiet.

I think the fight has gone from too many players and they are just thinking about the FA Cup.

I'll be glad when this season is over.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #699: Mar 24, 2012 05:32:49 pm
      Rafa could do some damage with a decent transfer budget, we seriously need him back.
      I think KK will have one more season, he's earned that. But right now, I'm not sure how that will turn out.

Hate this.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #700: Mar 24, 2012 05:32:57 pm
      They are professional footballers ffs getting an appropriate wage compliments of the supporters, so why the f**k can't they carry out their side of the deal?
      Putting the onus squarely on Kenny's shoulders makes no sense whatever so much so that yer mancs and yer bitters will endeavour to do that very same thing, does that not tell you that course of action is not specifically in LFC's interests? 
      Because there not good enough ffs.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #701: Mar 24, 2012 05:33:32 pm
      Worth putting up a man of the match poll? ;)
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #702: Mar 24, 2012 05:34:18 pm
      I'm not even angry. This is not me.

Am I getting too used to these results? Or is it the prospect of beating Everton in the semis that excites me?

This is not good.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #703: Mar 24, 2012 05:34:23 pm
      Players need to have a good look at themselves,2 horrible performances in one week,Something has to give Kenny needs to have a good luck at his squad and warn his players about there performances.They are letting the club down.Anfield the fortress dose not seem to exist anymore to these players... :mad: :mad:

Thought Gerrard was off today very heavy with his passes,and he is still the man we rely on to pick us up when we are playing sh*t, dropped 15 points from the last 18!!! Just not good enough.I think its time the players pull there socks up and start playing for the jersey on the back.

Good to see Shelvey and Sterling get a run out thats the only positive from today.

After seeing the fans leave the stadium before the final whistle showing V signs to the players a question struck my mind

Is Kenny losing the respect he had as a player and manager? : :throw: :throw: :holyshit:
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #704: Mar 24, 2012 05:34:24 pm
      As I was saying earlier in the thread, this is where giving games to players based on the money spent on them and not merit takes us. I can see us falling to the bottom half of the table if things continue like this. Just from these few minutes we could see how much more do Shelvey and Sterling bring to the team compared to Hendo and Stewie. The Nextgen series are finished, why don't we replace other underperformers such as Kuyt and try out the likes of Adorjan, Suso and Eccleston?
      Another thing I couldn't understand was dropping Coates to the bench after he played the best match of his PL career. Flanno is not and never was a liability, so why start Carra there when he's so obviously past it?
      EastLondonRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #705: Mar 24, 2012 05:35:12 pm
      Were you one of the many people complaining that we had no money to spend 2 seasons ago? We were pressed up against a wall and rode on the Carroll deal because of the Torres late deal... Hendo was a long term spend and appears to be wrong... up till this season Downing was worth 20m... Suarez is worth 20m... adam is a squad player who is worth NOTHING so the nett mistake on Kennys part is not 100m IMO.

Anyway that moneys spent now and if it hadnt been and we had the same squad we had 2 seasons ago we would still be in the shi**er...

At the end of the day its not our money... who gives a f**k if FSG have to spend another 500m on over priced player to get it right? I DONT!

I respect your opinion but I personally believe your opinion is wrong. Downing was not worth 20M! He was the star of a Villa squad that was average. I live in birmingham, in nechells which is right next to Aston. All my family are Villa fans and they were laughing at us when we paid 20m for Downing. Imagine the type of winger we could have had if Kenny wasn't being ignorant to the modern game and would have actually looked abroad. And no i'm not in dream land and thinking of your Alexi Sanchez's of this world. We could have got a tricky little winger for that sum of money. Again, I must say, Hendo for 16m was just nuts. It's all good saying " we need to build for the future" but we live today and today we was sh*t. I don't include Adam in the flop signings because he was bought for such a small fee. Carroll was bought for that money because apparently we need a striker "straight away" to replace Torres. The problem is, from January to June of the year Carroll was bought, he hardly played for us.

They have got the signings very, very wrong. Pointless people highlighting Kenny's net spend. Regardless of who he got rid off, he had 100m to play with. That's A LOT of money to rebuild a team. That's four 25m players. That's a striker, a winger, a centre midfielder and a defender. of coarse one would break that money up a lot more then just four players. In my view, that's 4 players at 20m each and 2 players at 10m each. All of a sudden you have a team!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #706: Mar 24, 2012 05:35:55 pm
      I'm getting F***ing wasted tonight.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #707: Mar 24, 2012 05:36:48 pm
      I'm not even angry. This is not me.

Am I getting too used to these results? Or is it the prospect of beating Everton in the semis that excites me?

This is not good.

I'm not angry, either.

I just have a horrible numb feeling that I also had after the QPR match.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #708: Mar 24, 2012 05:37:32 pm
      I'm getting f**king wasted tonight.

Fecking brilliant idea Stuey.  Won't be watching MOTD for sure.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #709: Mar 24, 2012 05:37:57 pm
      That doesnt even make sense to what I said....
      It does make sense you said the players not turning up is there issue not kennys but its every week henderson doesnt turn up occasionaly downing does hes showed slight improvement  but they still get picked by kenny so it is his issue if he keeps backing players that offer us absolutely nothing. Look dalglish is a legend of the club an absolute hero but hes making some crazy mistakes and backing some awful players try defend it all you want but youl just look delusional
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #710: Mar 24, 2012 05:39:01 pm
      Give it a couple of seasons we will be at the top of the table.... In the Championship :P

Joking of course, well I hope xD
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #711: Mar 24, 2012 05:40:00 pm
      Fecking brilliant idea Stuey.  Won't be watching MOTD for sure.
      MOTD?? what's that?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #712: Mar 24, 2012 05:41:45 pm
      Positives:
      Suarez
      Flanagan
      Shelvey
      Sterling

Made the decision to do a 5 mile run rather than watch this game.
      Looks like I made the right call and gave more effort.

Quick Reply