Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Discussions

Read 32823 times
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Aston Villa
      Reply #575: Apr 07, 2012 05:10:30 pm
      Quote from Arrie link=topic=42694.msg1244712#msg1244712 date= :f_steam: :f_steam:33814791
      Downing was sh*t mate and Carroll had a couple of decent chances.

Carroll often has chances,  but he hasnt a clue what to do with them,  he is absolutely useless!  watching him play raises my blood pressure,  sincerely hope we get rid in the summer   :f_steam:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #576: Apr 07, 2012 05:10:47 pm
      I gotta say tho, Henderson's passing game in midfield impressed me.

However, he should work on his shooting.

Thats why we paid what we did.
      Just like Downing. Worth more than all the Toon signings.

£20 million big pounds.......

For a player who needs to improve his shooting FFS !
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #577: Apr 07, 2012 05:10:55 pm
      We should be beating them anyway they are absolutely shocking and why i wouldnt get carried away with the result

Not even the performance encouraged you - bearing in mind our recent run.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #578: Apr 07, 2012 05:11:17 pm
      People we are forgetting that Villa going into this match were on form that was WORSE than ours.

So bringing our form into this isnt a feasible excuse.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #579: Apr 07, 2012 05:11:52 pm
      We should be beating them anyway they are absolutely shocking and why i wouldnt get carried away with the result

We should be beating F***ing Wigan, QPR and even Newcastle, but were not because we are going through a rough patch, so in the circumstances the result was not the best but the performance was to be admired. With QPR, Wigan and Newcastle in all three games i feel we lacked hunger and desire but that was not the case today and that is a massive positive.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #580: Apr 07, 2012 05:12:05 pm
      So what, we can complain about decisions we didn't get all day our form will still be sh*te

And if you are defending misses like that you can straight f**k off

Maybe take off the rose tinted glasses once in a while and look at why our form is the second worst in the league.

You hang the entire result on one Kuyt miss. That is ridiculous.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #581: Apr 07, 2012 05:13:57 pm
      We were let down with bad luck (woodwork),

That's a problem of shooting accuracy, not bad luck.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #582: Apr 07, 2012 05:14:04 pm
      Quote from: Kop_it on Today at 05:00:41 PM

I gotta say tho, Henderson's passing game in midfield impressed me.

However, he should work on his shooting.

Thats why we paid what we did.
      Just like Downing. Worth more than all the Toon signings.

£20 million big pounds.......

For a player who needs to improve his shooting FFS !

I think what needs to be done is that he should only be played in home games for a while and only in that position. He needs to build up confidence and get in the groove. Oh and add a little more muscle so he can make those tackles more often and not be pushed off the ball ever. He should probably never shoot though :p
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #583: Apr 07, 2012 05:14:55 pm
      You hang the entire result on one Kuyt miss. That is ridiculous.

2-1 win why shouldn't I?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #584: Apr 07, 2012 05:15:22 pm
      Glad we picked up a point. But goodness me, we should have demolished what was an exceptionally bad Villa side (minus Herd's beauty!). It's really the same old crap again and again and again.

Some positives for me:

- Henderson in CM. Thought he did well, but really really needs to work on his shooting!!!!!!
      - Gerrard turned it on in the second half. Always nice to see him lead by example.
      - AGGER. 'nuff said.
      - Kuyt. He missed sitters, but today proved he should really be starting just about every game. Good movement, good link-up play, and he actually made some good touches today  :o
      - Carroll looked more interested today, but some of his movement still needs to improve a bit more.

Oh and the referee. I can't believe so many are complaining about him - thought he was ok today. I'm actually glad he booked 2 players for diving. There was contact on both, but the exaggerations have got to stop and they were booked (even if Luis' may have been unfortunate, he did the same in first half). It's for the good of the game, so well done in that regard.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #585: Apr 07, 2012 05:15:29 pm
      People we are forgetting that Villa going into this match were on form that was WORSE than ours.

So bringing our form into this isnt a feasible excuse.

Why not, are you suggesting one cancels the other out?  Two teams low on confidence.  One got a lucky goal and defended for most of the match.  The other team tried to win despite also being in a worse run. 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #586: Apr 07, 2012 05:15:48 pm

Because why don't you hang it on Suarez not finishing his header or Bellamy hitting the bar instead of the net.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #587: Apr 07, 2012 05:16:39 pm
      Was better than Wigan but dont think people realise quiet how bad Villa are

I feel any McCleish team is set up not to lose, to be boring basically which is what they were today, regardless of form. 
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,506 posts | 234 
      Reply #588: Apr 07, 2012 05:17:45 pm
      That's a problem of shooting accuracy, not bad luck.

What about kuyts shot which was behind the line and the penalty Suarez should have got?
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #589: Apr 07, 2012 05:18:02 pm
      Because why don't you hang it on Suarez not finishing his header or Bellamy hitting the bar instead of the net.

I don't see why you are defending Kuyt missing goals like that, we can't miss those given our form. That's been our problem the entire season, missing pens/easy chances.

Yea Suarez should have aimed more to the right but he scored at least and Bellers wasn't so clear cut a chance as Kuyt's was.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #590: Apr 07, 2012 05:19:04 pm
      I feel any McCleish team is set up not to lose, to be boring basically which is what they were today, regardless of form. 

Has helped them this season where they have being shocking, only wolves and ourselves have being worse since january
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #591: Apr 07, 2012 05:19:15 pm
      Why not, are you suggesting one cancels the other out?  Two teams low on confidence.  One got a lucky goal and defended for most of the match.  The other team tried to win despite also being in a worse run. 
      No.

Im suggesting in terms of form, we were better off before hand.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #592: Apr 07, 2012 05:19:17 pm
      What about kuyts shot which was behind the line and the penalty Suarez should have got?
      That's bad luck, because there is f'uck all we could have done about both.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #593: Apr 07, 2012 05:20:14 pm
      I don't see why you are defending Kuyt missing goals like that, we can't miss those given our form. That's been our problem the entire season, missing pens/easy chances.

Yea Suarez should have aimed more to the right but he scored at least and Bellers wasn't so clear cut a chance as Kuyt's was.

Because a player does not purposely go out and miss. If you hang a result on one person than you are just disregarding the other 19 shots we could of scored, it is not fair on Kuyt. We should of scored more goals, yes but to pin down a result on one player is not right.
      danielevans
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts | -4 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Discussions
      Reply #594: Apr 07, 2012 05:22:33 pm
      Unlucky on various occasions but the play in-between the promising periods was somewhat awful
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #595: Apr 07, 2012 05:22:56 pm

Myopic? Shallow? And anti-Kuyt'ish!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #596: Apr 07, 2012 05:23:29 pm
      for me I am more concerned about players attitudes. What has happend to Bellamy people were saying how wonderful he was just a couple of months ago now cant get in the team and looks out of sorts.
      I saw a team low on confidence and 11 players who do not trust each other so WTF is going on.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #597: Apr 07, 2012 05:24:49 pm
      Well, there's absolutely no doubt about it whatsoever now. None, none at all, it ain't even up for debate. We now know for sure what the problem is at Liverpool Football Club. One word.

Effort!

If we'd shown the type of effort we put out in the last 10 minutes today, we'd be in the top 3. I'm serious, when we decided we wanted to win the game, we were all over them like a cheap overcoat, like white on rice, like wet on water, like sand on a camel’s arse!

That's it Kenny lad, those lazy under-performing nancy boys, they got nowhere to hide now, they’ve been rumbled.

Effort!

Forget ref decisions, and hitting the post, forget beach balls, there was only one team going to score in the last 10, and that was us. Yes it was only Villa, but it doesn’t matter one bit, it could be anyone, because that’s what we were missing.

Effort!

Back breaking - lung burning - knee wrecking - foot wrenching - neck tensing - muscle busting -  chest pounding - eye bulging - butt straining - bowel quaking - teeth grinding - chin thrusting - arm pumping - fist pounding - vein bursting - joint grating - effort!

That last 10 minutes for the 90 minutes please.

That’s the bar now, that’s the measure of a successful team, that’s what gets you respect on and off the pitch. What a breath of fresh air! I couldn’t recognise us, we were transformed. Why?

One word, Effort!

Kenny Dalglish

Still the King.

Quick Reply