Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 50834 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs WBA
      Reply #483: Apr 22, 2012 06:08:50 pm
      What's the point 61% possession when most are side and back passing.

That's not even true.

We were all over them, getting in behind their left hand side at will.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #484: Apr 22, 2012 06:09:11 pm
      Christ I hope we get a goal , losing against this sh*te is F***ing shocking

That's the issue though, Glen Johnson's error aside, that was anything but sh*te and shocking. It was a case of bad luck and poor finishing. Else, I thought we hammered them in every department bar scoring.

Perspective.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #485: Apr 22, 2012 06:09:28 pm
      Lets give the youngsters a few games and tell the rest they are playing for their futures next season...no exceptions
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #486: Apr 22, 2012 06:11:03 pm
      And it's not like the players didn't try ..

I mean, their steam went off when we conceded but who would not feel that way after you've dominated practically the whole game only for the opposition to score with their only chance of the half with 15 minutes left?
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #487: Apr 22, 2012 06:12:43 pm
      how the f--k did we lose that????? I started laughing hysterically in the second half when we kept missing, looks like all our bad luck for the next ten years has happened in the league this year :lmao: :f_wah: :mad:
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #488: Apr 22, 2012 06:12:48 pm
      What's really sad is the west brom players looked pretty chilled at beating us when the whistle went. No jumping for joy , just a "yep we've picked up 3 points at anfield today" kind of attitude which says they don't fear us anymore.
      Teams just come, defend, hit us on the counter and more often than not they score.
      We have 70% of possession , have 30-40 half chances and don't score most of the time.
      Teams seem to have s all figured out and they seem happy to sit back giving away half chances because they know we struggle to score.
      Cup games are different. They are one offs where the opposition has a go and we get more space and better than half chances to score.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #489: Apr 22, 2012 06:12:52 pm
      Seriously guys we absolutely dominated them but we just missed our chances.

Missing chances cannot be blamed on backwards and sideways passes.

We missed chances.PERIOD.
      plod1
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #490: Apr 22, 2012 06:13:15 pm
      I dont do forums, but such is the pain at seeing yet another poor display lacking commitment, determination and guile that I felt the need to sign up.

Some will say we were unlucky as we hit the bar etc etc etc, but actually I would say we were lucky because we hit the bar. Most of the time youd have to be lucky if the ball never hit yourself sitting in the top row!

As poor as I have any memory of.  I would write the names of the players who wouldnt get in my sunday league vets team but there would be too many to list.

And as for Dalglish, as much as I respect his history with the club and footballing ability as a player, I have to say his time is ticking away as manager.

His ability to get the drive out of the team is limited. His tactics and invention none existent. His purchasing of players appalling.

This does not look like a team building for the future, but one stuck in the past. football has moved along way since we were good and yet we play like we're stuck in the 80's.

Jeeze its embarrasing admitting you support them
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #491: Apr 22, 2012 06:14:15 pm
      Lets give the youngsters a few games and tell the rest they are playing for their futures next season...no exceptions

I'm tempted to agree with you , don't think they could do worse , especially in the scoring dept.
      Would love to see Sterling get a chance to see what he can do.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #492: Apr 22, 2012 06:14:29 pm
      I'm now dreading the final rather looking forward to it.  If West Brom can beat us, and we played fairly well today, Chelsea will rip us a new one.
      FFS another sh*t Monday morning, thanks lads.  I should be used to it by now though.

Quite simply, we're a different team in the cups
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #493: Apr 22, 2012 06:15:07 pm
      Seriously guys we absolutely dominated them but we just missed our chances.

Missing chances cannot be blamed on backwards and sideways passes.

We missed chances.PERIOD.

I'm aware of us missing easy chances and all that but how many times and why must it come to this where the opposition score with their one of ther few only chances on goal?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #494: Apr 22, 2012 06:15:35 pm
      To be fair, the team didn't really perform badly. We completely dominated the game and created chance after chance. It may be down to luck, or just poor composure we've hit the post twice and had many other shots blocked near the goal mouth.

The only issue to address here is why we aren't taking our guilt edge chances and that is a question no-body can answer.

Glen Johnson had a terrible mistake though and that did overshadow a quite brilliant attacking performance by the RB.But after that, Reina just stood there and let the shot go in. Look at the replay of it, the ball hasn't even landed remotely close a corner, it was hit more or less in the middle but Reina just hasn't got the reactions any more and is getting by on pre thought out dives.

On a more positive note, Suarez is one of the most entertaining players ive ever seen in a red shirt. Some of the things he pulls off are sublime to say the least. Also Hendo had a decent game but maybe needs to be a bit more forceful. i think it was a mistake to have Spearing and Hendo in a 2 man midfield.

Agree with this.

I thought Suarez looked really lively today. One of his best games since returning from his ban.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #495: Apr 22, 2012 06:15:47 pm
      the thought that we could be 12th next weekend is disgraceful, i agree with everyone who says that winning 1 maybe 2 cups is much more important than finishing in 4th
      but i think were really gonna struggle to finish in the top half of the table to be honest, the teams that are around us are playing much better an deserve it more, also read yesterday that if we finish lower than 8th, itll be our worst league finish for 50 years, the last time we were promoted, wouldnt really call that a good season likee
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #496: Apr 22, 2012 06:15:51 pm
      West Brom got dominated because they're poor, would the scums or chelski allowed us to do that. We are just having false impression that we're really that good. Just one too many games that we missed many chances, are we really having one too many average players?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #497: Apr 22, 2012 06:16:11 pm
      The thing is, we're playing scintillating stuff - we have loads of possession, shots on (and off) target and create a sh*t-load of chances. But that's where it stops.

We NEED to bury chances - that's been the story of our season so far. It's just amazing.

Bang on target.

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #498: Apr 22, 2012 06:18:49 pm
      And it's not like the players didn't try ..

I mean, their steam went off when we conceded but who would not feel that way after you've dominated practically the whole game only for the opposition to score with their only chance of the half with 15 minutes left?

They almost gave up for the last 10 minutes which was sad to see. Some teams fight until the very end and we didn't do that today.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #499: Apr 22, 2012 06:18:51 pm
      As Barcelona against Real and Chelsea, and also Swansea and Arsenal in the Premiership have shown, having 60/70/80% means nothing if you cannot take your chances. I would rather than 55% posession and score 3 instead of 65% and score 0

Buildup and passing in general have been a strong point in our season. Our finishing is the key, and where we need to convert those chances (e.g. buying a striker)
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #500: Apr 22, 2012 06:19:24 pm
      We are too predictable. Lots of by line a cutting the ball back. That also allowed defenders to regroup in the box. I'd rather we mix it up a bit and reduce predictability. We had 90 minutes to score but simply can't.
      Tadders

• 6,790 posts | 574 
      Reply #501: Apr 22, 2012 06:21:41 pm
      We're F***ing sh*te and may still win 2 cups....this season is mad.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #502: Apr 22, 2012 06:22:23 pm
      As Barcelona against Real and Chelsea, and also Swansea and Arsenal in the Premiership have shown, having 60/70/80% means nothing if you cannot take your chances. I would rather than 55% posession and score 3 instead of 65% and score 0

Agreed, but sadly there're many devotist to possession football at the expense of scoring.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3922 
      Reply #503: Apr 22, 2012 06:22:58 pm
      We're going backwards, not forwards.

Because Kenny's in charge, it's all bad luck.... Hmm.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #504: Apr 22, 2012 06:24:34 pm
      We're going backwards, not forwards.

Because Kenny's in charge, it's all bad luck.... Hmm.

Muppet alert

johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #505: Apr 22, 2012 06:27:23 pm
      That's the issue though, Glen Johnson's error aside, that was anything but sh*te and shocking. It was a case of bad luck and poor finishing. Else, I thought we hammered them in every department bar scoring.

Perspective.

Losing against this sh*te is what I said and that is shocking. Yes we dominated and didn't score against a west brom side that was poor. We should have scored a hatfull . Isn't that shocking to lose against a poor , Roy hodgeson west brom team at anfield. I think so.  My perspective .i didn't say we were shocking far from it.

Quick Reply