Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 50901 times
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #552: Apr 22, 2012 06:59:49 pm
      5 European Cups.

7 F.A Cups.

8 League cups.

3 UEFA Cups.

Wining Cup's is part of our Heritage which breeds success, don't be so dismissive of Cup wins.

I was only talking about domestic cups
      This is the 21'st century and transfer targets, better players playing abroad, dont give a F**k who won the domestic cup that season. He only cares if your in the Champions League. Or your league position to determine how far you are away from reaching it.

And quite frankly, we're no way near.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #553: Apr 22, 2012 07:01:47 pm
      What's your opinion on the situation? What do Liverpool need to do to improve?
      we need a goalscorer like aldo there ,for one thing we played well today made loads of chances wba put 10 men behind ball spearing is a good stopper but not creative atall suarez and carroll plaYED well we need 4 players dont think were that far away

Marcisared
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #554: Apr 22, 2012 07:01:48 pm
      I'm getting sick of posts woodwork etc this is just not good enough no excuses rubbish and accountability please F***ing rubbish we are no where near where we need to be!
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #555: Apr 22, 2012 07:02:16 pm
      And you remember Portsmouth winning the FA Cup there?

Your sentence means we play Barcelona at Anfield then we win the Carling Cup by beating Cardiff City on penalties but I'm sure you meant 'face Barcelona than beating Cardiff' but anyways ..

Haha yeah I'm an idiot. Cheers for not being harsher on it. ;D
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #556: Apr 22, 2012 07:04:20 pm
      I was only talking about domestic cups
      This is the 21'st century and transfer targets, better players playing abroad, dont give a f**k who won the domestic cup that season. He only cares if your in the Champions League. Or your league position to determine how far you are away from reaching it.

And quite frankly, we're no way near.

So you've spoken to all our potential transfer targets and found this out have you? Or are you merely speculating based on your own presumptions?

Seeing as domestic cups mean so little to you, perhaps we should just scrub them from our record books. This is the 21st century after all, and they're worthless aren't they?  :f_doh:
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #557: Apr 22, 2012 07:06:21 pm
      Just so disappointed. We just seem clueless in attack. Suarez is not being used to full effect. Carroll played well but he needs better quality coming from the wings.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,227 posts | 1222 
      Reply #558: Apr 22, 2012 07:08:17 pm
      Have faith people. Belief/faith/unity in times of midtableship is what we're all about. Next year we're gonna win the league. Our cup success prove that.
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts |
      Reply #559: Apr 22, 2012 07:08:26 pm
      Another terrible result today but I'm not going to criticise the performance because I thought we played well today, and despite all the criticism Ive given Kenny in the past, he can hardly help it if we hit the post 3-4 times every game!! With a little more luck we could have won the game today by six or seven but things just aren't going for us in the league this season.

What did dissapoint me today is the way we responded when we went behind, we seemed to just give up and bar Shelvey there were very few players who seemed to believe we could get back in the game!!

This season has been a disaster, (bar the cup successes) I think we just need to write this season off and forget about it because its been abysmal!! In many ways I just wish the season ended now and we could skip the last four league games because I've seen enough!!

I think whether or not Kenny is in charge next season and Im guessing he will be, we need one almighty clear-out because this is one of the most average Liverpool squads ive seen for some time including the days of poulsen and konchesky whose names dont even warrant capatalisation!!

Andy Carroll despite his heroics in the cup last weekend is clearly not the answer and I'd be very surprised if the likes of Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, and Dirk Kuyt weren't moved on!!

Next season has to be better whoever is in charge!!
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #560: Apr 22, 2012 07:09:59 pm
      Watched the first 45 and then had to go play my own 5 a side. Had a feeling our wastefulness in that first half was going to cost us. Same old story this season really. Good possession, good build up, f**king terrible finishing. Sums it up really.

Did you win 5 a side though...thats we all want to know.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #561: Apr 22, 2012 07:11:34 pm

you youngsters.............. ..............

been a supporter for over 30 years and winning the Milk Cup while showing relegation form in the league doesn't cut it for me, maybe it does for you?

We are going backwards, Kenny has had £100 million to play with. We need a new manager, new tactics, new signings and a new stadium!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,695 posts | 3935 
      Reply #562: Apr 22, 2012 07:15:15 pm
      been a supporter for over 30 years and winning the Milk Cup while showing relegation form in the league doesn't cut it for me, maybe it does for you?

We are going backwards, Kenny has had £100 million to play with. We need a new manager, new tactics, new signings and a new stadium!

Agreed
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #563: Apr 22, 2012 07:15:36 pm
      Did you win 5 a side though...thats we all want to know.

No we lost 3-2! At least we managed to put the ball in the damn net though... :D
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #564: Apr 22, 2012 07:16:18 pm
      So you've spoken to all our potential transfer targets and found this out have you? Or are you merely speculating based on your own presumptions?

Seeing as domestic cups mean so little to you, perhaps we should just scrub them from our record books. This is the 21st century after all, and they're worthless aren't they?  :f_doh:
      Look at the callibre of our signings since we've dropped out of top 4.

We've gone from

Mascherano Alonso ...........to     Spearing Henderson
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,307 posts | 768 
      Reply #565: Apr 22, 2012 07:19:44 pm
      Hope that the match couldn't be described as the Owl and the pussycats. Sorry for the pun.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #566: Apr 22, 2012 07:20:58 pm
      If you were Kenny, how would you play if you had a whole bunch of AM minded players, a target man but no out and out striker? Or would you be giving up right away and telling the fans "I should be sacked" or "I should quit right away"? It's not about sacking Kenny. The solution is to have a poacher/striker in our squad.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #567: Apr 22, 2012 07:25:47 pm
      Look at the callibre of our signings since we've dropped out of top 4.

We've gone from

Mascherano Alonso ...........to     Spearing Henderson

Watching El Classico last night , we had 3 ex Liverpool players on the pitch , Alonso , Arbeloa and Mascherano.
      It certainly makes you think. Seems to me that Hicks and Gillette did far more damage to this club than any of us dreamt.
      Imagine the team we could have had , had we kept them and had investment.
      They are the ones who nearly destroyed this club , they deserve to be totally wiped out of our history .
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #568: Apr 22, 2012 07:26:22 pm
      IMO a few quality signings in the summer will transform Liverpool and get us a good  bit further on in our rebuild,
       another couple of seasons and we will be ready to start knocking on the door again ,anything before thats a bonus.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #569: Apr 22, 2012 07:26:50 pm
      yep okay lets wave our magic wands and get a new world class manager, six world class players and a 100,000 seater in stanley park for all the supporters who waved those wands to come sit, because they will stop rocking up if we don´t do everything they want, oh they will!
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #570: Apr 22, 2012 07:29:06 pm
      If you were Kenny, how would you play if you had a whole bunch of AM minded players, a target man but no out and out striker? Or would you be giving up right away and telling the fans "I should be sacked" or "I should quit right away"? It's not about sacking Kenny. The solution is to have a poacher/striker in our squad.

he has had 100million to spend!!! He bought a target man centre forward when we have no decent wide players, he bought Henderson and Downing to fill those places??? I can understand some targets just won't come here but he had 100million. Sorry its not good enough and he has to go.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,695 posts | 3935 
      Reply #571: Apr 22, 2012 07:30:00 pm
      yep okay lets wave our magic wands and get a new world class manager, six world class players and a 100,000 seater in stanley park for all the supporters who waved those wands to come sit, because they will stop rocking up if we don´t do everything they want, oh they will!

Something has to be done tho....
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #572: Apr 22, 2012 07:31:26 pm
      Don't feed the trolls kids.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #573: Apr 22, 2012 07:35:11 pm
      he has had 100million to spend!!! He bought a target man centre forward when we have no decent wide players, he bought Henderson and Downing to fill those places??? I can understand some targets just won't come here but he had 100million. Sorry its not good enough and he has to go.

You've had 18 months and 83 posts to contribute something to this board; it not been near good enough but your still here so I suspect Kenny won't be going anytime soon.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,982 posts | 3060 
      Reply #574: Apr 22, 2012 07:39:57 pm

You've had 18 months and 83 posts to contribute something to this board; it not been near good enough but your still here so I suspect Kenny won't be going anytime soon.

seconded

Quick Reply