Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 50836 times
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #575: Apr 22, 2012 07:42:24 pm

You've had 18 months and 83 posts to contribute something to this board; it not been near good enough but your still here so I suspect Kenny won't be going anytime soon.

Ok can you explain to me why he should stay? And not just because he's Kenny.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #576: Apr 22, 2012 07:43:56 pm

Cant think of a reason you should...

Negative.. give yourself a shake lad..
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #577: Apr 22, 2012 07:44:54 pm
      been a supporter for over 30 years and winning the Milk Cup while showing relegation form in the league doesn't cut it for me, maybe it does for you?

We are going backwards, Kenny has had £100 million to play with. We need a new manager, new tactics, new signings and a new stadium!

as i said, you youngsters............
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #578: Apr 22, 2012 07:45:52 pm
      the players are simply not good enough, we as a club took a gamble on players with potential! well i'm sorry but potential wins you sod all. We either have to back the players anf give them a chance to prove the potential or we abandon ship and buy proven players that will cripple the club with wages. imagine what henderson, sterling, suso, kelly, carroll, could become in 3 years time and then think its not worth the wait. YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #579: Apr 22, 2012 07:46:03 pm
      Didn't see or listen to the match but just read every post on here. Seems we had 8 clear chances to score, 2 possible pens and numerous half chances. Even though I don't rate a number of Kenny's signings, I don't think there is a lot he could do to change what happened on the pitch today. Story of our season really. Need  more power and guile in mid field and an accomplished striker. Weather or not Kenny is kept on next season, a carling cup and mid table finish is certainly not good eough for this club. A cup which was not convincingly won either. We don't seriously look anything better than mid table at the moment, and if we fail to win the F.A. Cup, the season will be classed as a failure by Liverpool standards, carling cup or not. If Kenny fails to attract a decent tactically aware, astute center mid, and a decent striker in the summer, we will be poor again next season. The one ray of sunshine we have to look forward to is Lucas will be back at defensive mid. Looking at the body language, I would not be surprised if Pepe moved on if the crucial buys are not made. I, as a fan, feel massively dissapointed with where we are at as a footballing force, and pray the wide open spaces of Wembley will be to our benefit. To beat the chavs in the final, may make us look like we are in business again if we are to attract any top players. Henerson, Adam, and possibly Downing and Carroll need to be moved on. Always thought Adam and Henderson were far below the quality we need and now have serious doubts on the other two, although I did think they would come good. Now it seems we have run out of time and serious changes need to be made before we become another team of the past. I hope we can recover under Kenny's tutilidge but.......   ke cerra cerra, whatever will be !
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #580: Apr 22, 2012 07:50:12 pm

He thinks he's part of the first wave of Kenny Bashers...lololol... Tool city... haha
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #581: Apr 22, 2012 07:56:03 pm
      This place is hilarious after a defeat.

Well for one the football we're playing is somewhat better than last season, goalscoring aside but there's time to fix that in the summer. Second, we've won our first trophy since 2006 and we're in the final of the FA Cup, but to me you seem like the kind of person who would say "oh but it's only the Carling Cup we won, that's a mickey mouse trophy", in other words an absoloute clown of a football supporter. Thirdly, for a full first season things aren't perfect but there's plenty positives to look at too. The rebuilding of this club isn't going to be done in one season, it's going to take a good few. Look at Spurs and how they've progressed.

Fair enough there's our bad points to this season, but for f*ck sake think of the positives too.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #582: Apr 22, 2012 07:58:51 pm

You just don't go fire a manager after winning a cup in his first season and being in the finals of a 2nd.

Now if we had been knocked out of those competition early and our league form was as it is now then some thought needs to be given, but even then any manager needs to be given a couple of seasons or all you have is a revolving door with the club going in circles.

We have shown enough quality in attempts and effort for the most part. Only a few games have we looked a shambles and every squad is going to have a couple of those every season. From owners to manager to supporters nobody is happy hitting the woodwork a league record amount of times, nobody is happy with draws and losses to lesser sides at home but I would not call us a hopeless case.

What & how the ownership approaches this issue will be followed by players and managers all over Europe. What does dumping a legendary manager/player who could possibly have 2 domestic cups wins in his first season make us look like?

Cannot think of a "reasonable" reason to remove Kenny (note I do not think first seasons league form is reasonable), now if things have not improved after the next campaign then I think a change might be in order, but not now.

Get rid of Kenny now and the next manager coming in will want to scrap the majority of the side and bring in players that fit his system and re-educate those that stay. Do you really think if that was going on we would overnight turn into a top 4 team? No it will be another 2 year re-build project; I myself would rather see how this one turns out before I start the next one thank you.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #583: Apr 22, 2012 08:03:59 pm

He thinks he's part of the first wave of Kenny Bashers...lololol... Tool city... haha

I don't give a toss who the manager is just along as we compete with the top teams and get back to challenging for the title. CL qualification every season as a minimum.

Kenny Dalglish is a legend but he's been disaster this season.

Your post is quite ironic as you make yourself look a tool for not answering the question. Maybe I'm.wrong about Kenny and he should stay ? So if you want to educate me why then please go ahead.....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #584: Apr 22, 2012 08:05:21 pm
      I don't give a toss who the manager is just along as we compete with the top teams and get back to challenging for the title. CL qualification every season as a minimum.

Your post is quite ironic as you make yourself look a tool for not answering the question. Maybe I'm.wrong about Kenny and he should stay ? So if you want to educate me why then please go ahead.....

No one wants to teach you lad...

If you want to be a knee jerk tosser go ahead.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #585: Apr 22, 2012 08:15:17 pm
      West Brom got dominated because they're poor, would the scums or chelski allowed us to do that. We are just having false impression that we're really that good. Just one too many games that we missed many chances, are we really having one too many average players?

Well, we've beaten the mancs, arsenal away, chelsea away twice, and city, so I don't care if they would allow is to play or not.

It's irrelevant.
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #586: Apr 22, 2012 08:16:26 pm
      have not yet read the comments, but,  ide just like to say lay off daglish, that was actually a great attacking performance that peetered out because our luck was down, our heads hung low, simply because it wouldnt go in. Its like the posts are out of Pro Evo soccer (too fat) haha

so chill out reds the league is well lost this year, so what, we will do the double and we are saving all of our luck and goals for Chelsea

cheer up, it will come good this year, and the good thing is the league starts again in 6 months odd, and we will have some extra re-inforcements by then.

roll on the cup then next year.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #587: Apr 22, 2012 08:24:07 pm
      I think we need to be a bit smarter in drawing the opposition out of their defensive set up around their penalty box and create mor room and better chances not scrambled half chances.
      Cup form is great because the opposition is going forward much more and this is the case with our away matches.
      We need more space, a class striker ..... And wider goals
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #588: Apr 22, 2012 08:25:59 pm
         Just heard Kenny's after match interview and he basicaly said we were unlucky, we played well but didn't get the breaks we deserved, but how many times do we have to suffer this. The latter part of last season we were playing well and scoring goals, with the signings we have made we have gone backwards, the is not an once of flowing football in our side. Every ball is passed from defence to midfield, to defence to midfield by wich time every team has 10 men behind the ball and are orginized, now the buck has to stop with Kenny they are his signings, Carroll 35 millon not a finished striker, Henderson what can you say, ok he is young but he is overawed, wont tackle, has time to improve but not in the current midfield. Downing....27 should also be the finished article at 20 million he isn't going to improve significantly, Adam to slow to lazy. Thank god we have Gerrard.
         Kenny now has his own midfield and they are shocking, even when we have Lucas back the is no midfield creator no midfield general no one to take us forward, with the money thats been squandered we are still miles of a table toping team. We are now 8th and still sliding and frankly its not good enough, if we slip up in the F.A. cup i don't think FSG will put up with this situation any longer
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #589: Apr 22, 2012 08:27:38 pm

Easy.

Because when he took over he took over a team totally devoid of leadership, direction, and reeling from skirting way too close with termination. We were down, and very nearly out. He's not fine tuning, he's had to pick us up and give us the kiss of life.

Because he knows the Liverpool way, and will be hurting more than you and I put together, and he will want to put it right more than you and I put together.

Because the guy's only had one full season, and he's gotten us into the FA Cup final and won the League Cup already - with us knocking out the mancs (that's the top two in the Prem for those not keeping count) and anyone else you care to mention that I've forgotten.

But mainly, becauase not giving Dalglish at least two seasons to sort it out, would mean our owners really do not have a frigging clue about Liverpool FC, our heritage, and how we do things this side of the pond.

That do?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #590: Apr 22, 2012 08:28:32 pm

Kenny's eaten bigger and badder for breakfast, and will continue to do so next season.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #591: Apr 22, 2012 08:29:51 pm
      We are now 8th and still sliding and frankly its not good enough, if we slip up in the F.A. cup i don't think FSG will put up with this situation any longer

I would hate to think that Kenny's future hangs on whether we win the FA Cup or not.
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #592: Apr 22, 2012 08:30:44 pm
      Wow, I thought we were all one and slang at other rivals. This is like one big biatch fight
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #593: Apr 22, 2012 08:32:13 pm

Maybe the reason why your questions not getting answered is because its 1) Lame as F**k, 2) its hardly original and 3) its a kneejerk whopper of a question only a "now generation" fickle fan would ask..

Take your Grim Reaper sh*te and do-one across to those Chelski rent boys.. Ask those kind of questions there..
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #594: Apr 22, 2012 08:35:57 pm
      Maybe the reason why your questions not getting answered is because its 1) Lame as f**k, 2) its hardly original and 3) its a kneejerk whopper of a question only a "now generation" fickle fan would ask..

Take your Grim Reaper sh*te and do-one across to those Chelski rent boys.. Ask those kind of questions there..

Who needs rivals to slang when we have each other .............. :angel:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      Reply #595: Apr 22, 2012 08:38:13 pm
      Wow, I thought we were all one and slang at other rivals. This is like one big biatch fight

Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #596: Apr 22, 2012 08:38:14 pm
      Easy.

Because when he took over he took over a team totally devoid if leadership, direction, and reeling from skirting way too close with termination. We were down, and very nearly out.

Because he knows the Liverpool way, and will be hurting more than you and I put together, and he will want to put it right more than you and I put together.

Because the guy's only had one full season, and he's gotten us into the FA Cup final and won the League Cup already - with us knocking out the mancs (that's the top two in the Prem for those not keeping count) and anyone else you care to mention that I've forgotten.

But mainly, becauase not giving Dalglish at least two seasons to sort it out, would mean our owners really do not have a frigging clue about Liverpool FC, our heritage, and how we do things this side of the pond.

That do?

Very good answer. What's the minimum requirement next season for you?

Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #597: Apr 22, 2012 08:39:20 pm

You've had 18 months and 83 posts to contribute something to this board; it not been near good enough but your still here so I suspect Kenny won't be going anytime soon.

People have a negative opinion and they get posts like this in response, it really lets the forums down.

I really want Kenny to sort things out and be given time to do something about it, but if I completely
      understand other people losing patience, as I freely admit if it wasn't Kenny getting these results I would
      be calling for them to move on.

Quick Reply