Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Luis Suarez
      2 (1.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      158 (90.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      6 (3.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (4.6%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: May 10, 2012 08:54:45 pm

F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.

Read 60158 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game & post match Dissection.
      Reply #759: May 05, 2012 09:26:00 pm
      Carragher is finished now Stevie next season will not be as good as this season its just natural aging process.
      We are left with Luis as our only world class player.
      We are fu**ed in terms of top 4.unless we can spend £100mil which incidentally I have been saying for over 10years
      The Yanks won"t spend that much Walton .
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #760: May 05, 2012 09:29:42 pm
      Reina- should have done better with the goals but calling for him to go is ridiculous. Would certainly like to see him save a few more next year, but honestly who would do better?

Johnson- no complaints, a really good performance from him
      Skrtel- solid and held his own against Drogba
      Agger- in that turgid first half wanted it the most of our lot with his surging runs, love the Dane
      Enrique- horror show for the goal and is stodgy as hell with Downing down the left, so predictable

Spearing- less said the better, showed heart but in the end was partially at fault for both goals. Respect his effort, but did not suit the game today and look out of place
      Henderson- actually looked pretty good defensively but when called upon to attack was a horrorshow. Couldn't shoot or pass.
      Gerrard- had to compensate for Spearing and Henderson, leaving Suarez isolated, but was still poor

Bellamy - ran out of legs in all honesty, marginalised by our failure to use the pitch or attack and left Suarez isolated
      (Kuyt) - should have had longer, good when he came on
      Downing- so predictable, one-dimensional and seemingly low on confidence. Must improve.

Suarez- was in miles of space surrounded by Blue for the most of that match, some bright touches though
      (Carroll) - a beautiful performance, I won't forget him schooling John Terry in a hurry and he bullied that defence. For me, the goal appeared in and I am surprised by the seemingly unanimous response that it wasn't, although only seen ITV's one hurried replay. Worked great with Suarez

Hasn't made me feel much better about that performance though, the first half summed up everything wrong with us this season but also shows that there is hope there.

Also, Chelsea are the second biggest shower of tw*ts in the league, only just behind United. Everything about them is F***ing despicable.

I do not like this season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,764 posts | 7184 
      Reply #761: May 05, 2012 09:35:27 pm
      Then we have to be content with Europa football and the odd Cup run
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: LIVE F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool v Chelsea
      Reply #762: May 05, 2012 09:37:09 pm
      Am I glad I stayed in and gave the kidneys a rest.

Too many poor, static individual performances from us today. The movement in the 1st half was dog sh*t at best and three individual errors led to their first and from there on it was an uphill battle.

We had a straight line of five in midfield in the first and nobody wanted to make any positive movements - noteably Bellamy and Downing who were both awful today.

Andy Carroll might have finally arrived I think and him, Agger and Skrtel  were our better players today. Who knows what might of been if he had started the match in the mood he was in when he came on. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though ay.

Spearing is never going to be good enough at this level I don't think - thats not knee jerk its something I thought when KK started using him last season.

I didn't think that Henderson was 'that' bad today but I also don't think that he'll ever be the answer. Midfield needs addressing very quickly for me as we are wasting whats left of Gerrard. He can't bomb on with the midfield players around him as they can't be trusted - look at the midfielders he's had around him throughout his career and compare them to what we have now with the exception of Lucas.

We can use the excuse of Carroll's header being over the line but I haven't seen an angle or 'what have you' that suggests it did go over, I don't think it did. At the end of the day there are no excuses, they were the better team for 2/3 of the game so deserved it.

The question should be why were we so poor for that first 2/3 of the game?

Carroll my Liverpool MoM.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #763: May 05, 2012 09:38:41 pm
      Hear what you're saying mate but the only way to protect their investment is consolidate and strengthen as with any other asset. They must know that any weakness in the company must be addressed to turn the situation around, failure to do so will only lead to a downward spiral to the detriment of the investment.
      pool07
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #764: May 05, 2012 09:40:08 pm
      This reina bashing is making me sick. pricks
      Agreed, its disgusting how "fans" turn on our players. 10m for Reina? WTF?
      Doni? - get a grip, the man has played less than 5 games for the club....  We all know Pepe has had a bad season, he is the 1st to acknowledge this. I do wonder sometimes why I bother coming on these forums when you hear comments like this....idiots.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #765: May 05, 2012 09:44:31 pm
      Agreed, its disgusting how "fans" turn on our players. 10m for Reina? WTF?
      Doni? - get a grip, the man has played less than 5 games for the club....  We all know Pepe has had a bad season, he is the 1st to acknowledge this. I do wonder sometimes why I bother coming on these forums when you hear comments like this....idiots.

I've been supporting him for 6 years. He has not been good enough this year. simple as
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #766: May 05, 2012 09:46:10 pm
      Am I glad I stayed in and gave the kidneys a rest.

Too many poor, static individual performances from us today. The movement in the 1st half was dog sh*t at best and three individual errors led to their first and from there on it was an uphill battle.

We had a straight line of five in midfield in the first and nobody wanted to make any positive movements - noteably Bellamy and Downing who were both awful today.

Andy Carroll might have finally arrived I think and him, Agger and Skrtel  were our better players today. Who knows what might of been if he had started the match in the mood he was in when he came on. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though ay.

Spearing is never going to be good enough at this level I don't think - thats not knee jerk its something I thought when KK started using him last season.

I didn't think that Henderson was 'that' bad today but I also don't think that he'll ever be the answer. Midfield needs addressing very quickly for me as we are wasting whats left of Gerrard. He can't bomb on with the midfield players around him as they can't be trusted - look at the midfielders he's had around him throughout his career and compare them to what we have now with the exception of Lucas.

We can use the excuse of Carroll's header being over the line but I haven't seen an angle or 'what have you' that suggests it did go over, I don't think it did. At the end of the day there are no excuses, they were the better team for 2/3 of the game so deserved it.

The question should be why were we so poor for that first 2/3 of the game?

Carroll my Liverpool MoM.

Agreed completely.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #767: May 05, 2012 09:46:30 pm
      We needed someone to hold and with Lucas missing who else was there? Dont get me wrong Jay was poor and personally ive never thought him good enough for us at the top level but today with the squad we have and somebody needing to hold and try to sit on Mata...

Ill be honest i was happy with the side that was picked but they didnt get going.... Sh*t that happens but lets not turn this into needless bashing...

This was the FA Cup final. From the get-go our midfield crumbled. So the Spearing/Henderson thing was a failure from the start.

Not bashing anyone. But if anything, the second half confirmed that you don't win points and Cups by playing safe.

The best form of defence is......Attack!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,296 posts | 940 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #768: May 05, 2012 09:46:33 pm
      I've been supporting him for 6 years. He has not been good enough this year. simple as
      Still think he is not sorted scince his opperation
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,764 posts | 7184 
      Reply #769: May 05, 2012 09:46:47 pm
      Pepe has said himself he has not been good this year so why have a go at anyone who also thinks he has been poor.Neston is only saying exactly what Pepe has said himself
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #770: May 05, 2012 09:48:17 pm
      This reina bashing is making me sick. pricks
      Agreed mate, there were some woeful mistakes that meant Pepe was left with his arse in the air, he should not have had to take all the stick for the goals.
      pool07
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #771: May 05, 2012 09:51:19 pm
      Mate, do me a favour, read the f*ckin post before replying. Pepe has already said he is having a bad season - we all know he is having a bad season, but the bashing he is getting on here is out of order.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #772: May 05, 2012 09:51:30 pm
      Walton, I did say I would accept £10mill for him as well
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #773: May 05, 2012 09:53:29 pm
      So Doni is more committed than Pepe? and you know this because?

Pepe is the first to admit his form hasn't been the best this season, but for you to suggest Doni is more committed to keeping the ball out of the net, based on his 200 or so minutes this season, puts you in the idiot box....... :f_steam:

You are the idiot. Moron. Doni has shown more desire  to keep the ball out the few seconds he's played. I can still remember the many goals Pepe just gave up on.

Your entire family are idiots. Moron
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #774: May 05, 2012 09:53:41 pm
      Had some time to chill a bit, mull the game over my head. I think a lot of people were ok with that starting XI. I was. But no one was expecting Enrique and Spearing to have a complete horror show out there.

On the first goal, serious WTF moment - 3 times, actually - from Spearing, then Enrique, then Reina. Pepe should have done better on that first one.

We were very poor for the first 60 minutes and that's why we lost. Very poor in the midfield, Suarez was isolated. Always going to struggle in that situation. Not sure if Gerrard wasn't pushing up enough or if he had to play deeper due to not trusting Spearing and Henderson behind him. Don't know, but still you at least Gerrard to impose himself on the game more.

Downing and Enrique are morons together on the left. They really have very little to no chemistry and don't know what to do out there. Bellamy didn't offer much on the right, either, although you can say he didn't really get enough of the ball.

Johnson, Skrtel, and Agger were all very good. Glad they're on our team and truth be told that's a top quality defense when they're all fit.

And Andy Carroll. Carroll was awesome. He's looked a completely different player since the loss to Newcastle. In hindsight, the game was crying out for him. He completely dominated Chelsea. They had no idea how to defend him. Shame. Imagine if had started?

But we're Liverpool. We'll pick ourselves up as we always do. We'll be back.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,764 posts | 7184 
      Reply #775: May 05, 2012 09:56:28 pm
      Can someone console me.
      Is this the worst squad we have had in over 50 years.the first team i followed had Peter Thompson,EmlynHughes ,
      Tommy Smith, Roger Hunt Chris Lawler and Alec Lindsay.Now Jamie is clearly past it Stevie is a shadow of his former self I just dont see our future a sbeing anything other than top 8 with the odd Cup Run.
      We have been blessed with the best Kenny being the pinnacle but how does he really see these players.
      I just dont see how we ended up with Henderson and Spearing in holding misfielders.
      I am for the first time genuinely concerned for our clubs future
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #776: May 05, 2012 09:57:03 pm

:lmao:

What a totally F***ing crazy statement.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #777: May 05, 2012 09:58:16 pm

But we're Liverpool. We'll pick ourselves up as we always do. We'll be back.

Thats the spirit lad :) It was a hugely disappointing result and performance for most of the game, but we will come back!

And I cant see Chelsea beating Bayern in the final.

For Kenny, 2 finals in his 1st proper season back and 1 trophy is not a bad achievement. Got to work on the league bigtime next season.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #778: May 05, 2012 10:03:15 pm
      :lmao:

What a totally f**king crazy statement.

Not in my character to be abusive. But that Ard Macha Red....whatever the F**k his name is, is a fool. Calling m an idiot? His entire clan are idiots.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #779: May 05, 2012 10:03:41 pm
      People arent being serious that Doni would do a better job than Reina, are they?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #780: May 05, 2012 10:05:41 pm
      You are the idiot. Moron. Doni has shown more desire  to keep the ball out the few seconds he's played. I can still remember the many goals Pepe just gave up on.

Unbelievable response.

So to clarify this, Doni has more desire than Pepe, and you can remember goals Pepe just gave up on. You've a short memory there, seem to forgot all the times he saved us. His form has been poor, he admitted so himself, but to sugest his committment to the cause is less than his understudy is a shocking slur on his character and bang out of order.

And another thing, you can leave 'my entire family' out of it you f***in knobend.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,764 posts | 7184 
      Reply #781: May 05, 2012 10:07:48 pm
      People arent being serious that Doni would do a better job than Reina, are they?
      I think that is just a side show.
      For an hour today we were inept.Andy Carrol was the only player who showed spirit, courage and comittment.
      We were toothless.It was an FA Cup final FFS

Quick Reply