Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

King Kenny - Next Season

Read 5777 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      King Kenny - Next Season
      May 07, 2012 03:11:24 pm
      First off, before you all have a go at me and call me a bad supporter, this is not what you WANT to happen. It's what you THINK will happen. There is a big difference.

Do you think Kenny will go or stay? By "go" I mean either step aside or be removed by FSG.

To be completely honest with you all, I want him to stay 100% as I think next season will be much more successful with him at the helm, especially with a few new signings. That is what I'd like to happen. I think however, we will see him gone. I just cannot see him letting himself stay on, or FSG letting him stay on. What about all of you?

Would you like Kenny to stay or go?
      Do you think Kenny will stay or go?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: King Kenny - Next Season
      Reply #1: May 07, 2012 03:14:14 pm
      Think he will sill be here next season and I'm desperate for him too stay.

He has to be ruthless with some of his signings though, in particular Stewart Downing, who shouldn't be near this club.

If we're not in the top 4 come Christmas I think he will step down/FSG will ask him to step aside.

Fortunately, it won't come to that.

DALGLISH!
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #2: May 07, 2012 03:16:26 pm
      Gone within 2 weeks of last game of season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #3: May 07, 2012 03:19:15 pm
      Still here next season

DALGLISH!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4: May 07, 2012 03:26:10 pm
      Still the manager next season.

DALGLISH!
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #5: May 07, 2012 03:30:05 pm
      Heart says he'll still be here next season , unfortunately my head says he'll be gone.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,783 posts | 7187 
      Reply #6: May 07, 2012 03:33:21 pm
      I think the problem for Kenny will be lack of money.
      Maxi will go,Bellamy looks liek his injuries have all but finished him and he has been very quiet of late.Jamie depsite  his contract is way beyond his best.Stevie is another year older and his own injuries are starting to add up,
      I could go on  but it looks to me like we need a major shake up but will not have the funds to do it so we will as we have done for the last 20 years buy potential.
      Lucas will be a major boost to have back but our wide players have been a disaster of late.~The squad as it is does not work .Kenny will know exactly who he wants to stay and who he will let go.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #7: May 07, 2012 03:34:21 pm
      I'm honestly on the fence on this one.  I said before that his position could depend on our performance in the final, and unfortunately it was a very weak performance.  I would like Kenny to be given another chance, but we have seen that the owners can be very ruthless so I won't be surprised to see him "step down of his own accord" at the end of the season. 

***  I think the owners have already discussed this with Kenny.  He may have known that his job depended on the result on Saturday.  I think that if Kenny is "removed" from his post that he will help the owners to disguise it as a resignation because he knows the ramifications of what will happen if he gets the axe.  The fans will go ape sh*t and the owners will be the most hated men in Liverpool.  Kenny loves the club and will not want this scenario to play out, so he will do everything he can to protect the future of this football club and he will step down. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #8: May 07, 2012 03:36:43 pm
      I think that if Kenny is "removed" from his post that he will help the owners to disguise it as a resignation because he knows the ramifications of what will happen if he gets the axe.  The fans will go ape sh*t and the owners will be the most hated men in Liverpool.  Kenny loves the club and will not want this scenario to play out, so he will do everything he can to protect the future of this football club and he will step down. 

I don't even think the 'resignation' line will help, there will be a lot more pissed off fans if the decision is made this way.

Owners are in a no-win situation, especially if they choose a replacement that is deemed not good enough.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #9: May 07, 2012 03:42:57 pm
      Can see Kenny stepping down. But only if a Director of Football is announced soon, I can't see us having neither over this summer considering transfer business will need to be down in two periods either side of the Euro's.

Kenny to be manager if we don't announce a DoF before the end of May.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #10: May 07, 2012 03:51:20 pm
      Think he will still be the manager next season but he has to be ruthless in the summer and I hope he is given enough money to get a couple of real quality signings as we will struggle again in the league with the squad we have now.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #11: May 07, 2012 03:53:11 pm
      I think the owners realize that if they force him out now, many supporters will turn on them. So they will give Kenny one more season in which he'll have to get us contending for the top 4 into at least April plus decent Europa/cup challenges, and we'll have to finish in the top 5 (?) for him to get another year beyond that.

And he'll get a good amount of money to spend this summer.

But I'm a poor judge. I would have bet you the day before he was fired that Comolli was going to be here several years.   
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: May 07, 2012 03:54:34 pm
      I want him to stay here. But my mind thinks he is already gone. they are only waiting for the next two games to pass on. :(((
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #13: May 07, 2012 03:56:45 pm
      I don't even think the 'resignation' line will help, there will be a lot more pissed off fans if the decision is made this way.

I disagree.  If Kenny has a press conference in which he states that the decision was of his own making and that he didn't feel that he was the right man to lead the club forward in the future, then I think the majority of the fans would accept it and move on.  There would undoubtedly be some bitter fans, but I think they would be the minority.

As you mention though, a lot will hinge upon who is appointed to take over.  Whoever it is, he will hardly be afforded the same patience that Kenny has been given by the fans....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #14: May 07, 2012 04:06:56 pm
      Let's talk about the players who won't be here next season and then when that situation is corrected in the right time scale there may not be any need to discuss Kenny's position.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,989 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: May 07, 2012 04:10:49 pm
      King Kenny WILL still be on his throne for next season at least, all you doubters,panickers, neg heads should f***in do one if don't or WON'T believe, one full season thats went tits up and you lot want someone new, FF'S give your heads a wobble, where is that going to get us, oh yeah, another season or three behind, f***in behave, and if your messiah whoever that may be doesn't produce, will you be calling for his head after one full season?

to even contemplate de-throning the King is paramount to treason, where the F**k is your loyalty? where is your ''we will go through thick or thin'' support, i'll tell ya where it is, among the rest of the  glory hunter support endorsed by the media and in particular sly sports,

it is well documented that Kenny only wants players who believe in the cause, i believe the same philosophy should apply to our support, we all have opinions right or wrong, but we need to have total loyalty and total support,

Kenny knows what we need, he knows that this season is way way below average, he knows who has let the club down, he knows who has stepped up, money, money,money is not the be all and end all, ask Chavs if the amount spent since Abramovich took over warrants their successes, ask Shitty fans the same, if they win the title, they will say f***in hell yeah,

now ask them, had it were'nt for the money where do you think your club would be now?

i would say not much difference to where we are now,except,we have new owners with great ambition,building a club up, back to where it once was, back to the glory days of old, back to the days where everyone hated the sight of Liverpool red, sick of hearing scouse accents and renditions of YNWA,

that's the way we are heading, one step at a time, one season at a time, Kenny needs time, time to develop a side capable of challenging on all major fronts, he's also going to need money and lots of it, not necessary the millions Chavs and Shitty have spent but much more than has been spent thus far, it's a massive difference between buying success and building for success, but long term building for success is much more satisfying and sustainable than continually buying, buying and buying again for that success, how much has manure spent over the years, F**k knows but i expect it to be 100s of millions,

Kenny is the man we and this club need right now,there is no one better qualified to take this club and institution to the next level, we are getting very close to where scum were prior to Sluralex taking over in 1986, we are 22/23 yrs separated from the league title, they were 26,
      they at one point i believe were going to get shot of him, some of you lot want rid of Kenny now,

it's taken them all those yrs to catch us and surpass us, they are one title up, but i bet it wont take us 26yrs to catch them,

THERE is 'only' one Kenny Dalglish, there IS only one KING, let him rule and the titles and the cups will come 'reigning' down.

IKWT                  YNWA

harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #16: May 07, 2012 04:20:57 pm
      Settle down Billy.  The thread is about what you think will happen, not what you want to happen.  For example, I would love for us to go undefeated next season and win the Prem, the FA Cup, the Carling Cup, and the Europa League.  What I think will actually happen is that we will battle it out for a spot between 4th and 7th in the league, we will have a decent run in one of the domestic cups (possibly making another final) and a good run in the Europa League.  See how objective and subjective thinking can be different?

Many people who think Kenny will be replaced don't want him to be, but that doesn't make it any less of a possibility....
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #17: May 07, 2012 04:29:23 pm
      Settle down Billy.  The thread is about what you think will happen, not what you want to happen.  For example, I would love for us to go undefeated next season and win the Prem, the FA Cup, the Carling Cup, and the Europa League.  What I think will actually happen is that we will battle it out for a spot between 4th and 7th in the league, we will have a decent run in one of the domestic cups (possibly making another final) and a good run in the Europa League.  See how objective and subjective thinking can be different?

Many people who think Kenny will be replaced don't want him to be, but that doesn't make it any less of a possibility....

Exactly. I will support the King till the day I die, but sadly I do not think FSG will offer him that same support.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #18: May 07, 2012 04:34:25 pm
      I think he deserves another year to see what he can do, and I honestly think that's what will happen.  If things don't improve next year, all bets are off.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #19: May 07, 2012 04:40:32 pm
      Kenny will be here next season.Think FSG will give him one more season to prove himself.Cant see him walking away!!!
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #20: May 07, 2012 04:42:45 pm
      I want Kenny to stay and succeed , but we are all forgetting one person in this , his wife Marina.
      None of us are getting any younger and Marina has been through the trauma of cancer , believe me I know that that puts a different perspective on things. She will not let Kenny suffer health wise for the sake of the job.
      It's a tough job , the pressure on him is incredible , especially from the fans.
      This season has taken its toll on him , I hope whatever decision he comes to , he makes that decision for him and his family.
      He owes this club nothing ,we owe him a huge debt of gratitude.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: May 07, 2012 04:45:45 pm
      I think he will still be our manager next season, i'm praying that he is and one of the reasons is that if he stepped down it would take us a while to find the right man for the job and when we do it will take him a while to draw up a list of possible signings so we will fall behind in the transfer window which will cost us dearly. Hopefully Kenny will be in charge and will have learnt from last pre-season's mistakes.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #22: May 07, 2012 04:49:26 pm
      If we lose the last 2 games i fear he will get the sack but with all my heart i hope he's here next season.

Quick Reply