Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ian Ayre Managing Director

Read 49664 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Ian Ayre Managing Director
      Reply #368: Apr 17, 2013 02:13:39 pm
      He likes the sound of his own voice

Which is shocking because his voice is BRUTAL to listen to :laugh:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #369: Apr 17, 2013 02:33:56 pm
      Bullshit bingo at its finest.
      Without a doubt Swab... for example.

Ayre: We've always said the preference was to stay at Anfield. It's the heart of the football club...

John said to me, "This is like Fenway. It's the same feeling. Why would we want to build a new stadium?"

Yet, in an interview with The Anfield Wrap, on 15 June 2012, Mr John said:

“We’ve been exploring a new stadium for the past 18 months.  At one point we made it clear that if a naming rights deal could be secured of sufficient size, we would make every effort to build a new facility.

“Liverpool FC has an advantage in being a global club and a naming rights deal could make a new stadium a reality. It is something we are working on. There has been interest."

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/06/john-w-henry-on-the-stadium-question/

Now someone is telling lies - my best guess is Ayres. Being fed bull-sh*t like, we're some sort of idiots to be made cu*ts out of, has always rankled with me. Personally I'd rather 'they' said F**k all.  >:D
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2013 03:29:47 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #370: Apr 17, 2013 02:38:45 pm
      Why the f**k would the owners contact David Gill (Scum) & Ivan Gazidis (Arse) about the ideas? Are these the so called advisors of FSG?.
      That is like Sainburys asking Tesco and Asda what they should be doing. If one of my competitor asked me advice I would either lie or tell them to F**k off, I would not be very helpful
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #371: Apr 17, 2013 03:27:57 pm
      What do you say to a Football Managing Director with no arms and no legs                  (Not its not 4 o ' clock)

" Have yer got the time on yer cock ? "

;D

Now someone is telling lies - my best guess is Ayres. Being fed bull-sh*t like, we're some sort of idiots to be made  cu*ts out of, has always rankled with me. Personally I'd rather 'they' said f**k all.  >:D

Exactly BB

It was like watching "Being Liverpool" when they went banging on about Fenway and Anfield ..... and it had been recorded in May last year.
      It was obvious that they were selling that we are staying at Anfield ...... then .....what a coincidence.... they did the Pressie about no new stadium just after the broadacast of the programme.

Dont take us for idiots cos you are and the worst offender (other than BR ) is Ayres doing his corporate speak.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #372: Apr 17, 2013 03:34:36 pm
      Without a doubt Swab... for example.

Ayre: We've always said the preference was to stay at Anfield. It's the heart of the football club...

John said to me, "This is like Fenway. It's the same feeling. Why would we want to build a new stadium?"

Yet, in an interview with The Anfield Wrap, on 15 June 2012, Mr John said:

“We’ve been exploring a new stadium for the past 18 months.  At one point we made it clear that if a naming rights deal could be secured of sufficient size, we would make every effort to build a new facility.

“Liverpool FC has an advantage in being a global club and a naming rights deal could make a new stadium a reality. It is something we are working on. There has been interest."

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/06/john-w-henry-on-the-stadium-question/

Now someone is telling lies - my best guess is Ayres. Being fed bull-sh*t like, we're some sort of idiots to be made cu*ts out of, has always rankled with me. Personally I'd rather 'they' said F**k all.  >:D

Check out his work history.
      To me, it absolutely screams Blagger.
      He's basically done F**k all, and seems to have maneuvered his way into a position of power by virtue of some far east contacts, and doing a sh*t job at a lower division club.
      Now I think those far east contacts probably came in handy during his time as commercial director, but I also think he should have stayed in that role.

Hopefully, he can grow into the job, but with all the bullshit he throws around, I think that's unlikely, and besides the last thing we need at the moment is yet another employee learning as they go.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #373: Apr 17, 2013 03:49:28 pm
      I don't think I've ever fully understood an Ian Ayre interview.

Interface, feeding strands, seriously what the F**k?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #374: Apr 17, 2013 03:57:10 pm
      I loved the way he said John hasn't been here this season so Tom has, they're balancing it. Utter gibberish most of that and expect nothing more from someone I have absolutely no confidence in.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #375: Apr 17, 2013 04:24:59 pm
      Best quote...

'Were the only club in the Delloite top 10 that arent playing Champions League Football - What does that tell you about Liverpool?'

Well Mr Ayre, it tells me its a badly ran club... That we have the money to compete with any club in the world and if you got Champs League and the money and players assoiated we would be amazing - yet you cant sort it out.

Absolute Joke! Yes, as fans we can be happy - but as managers they should hang their heads in shame at our league position...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #376: Apr 17, 2013 04:30:15 pm
      Best quote...

'Were the only club in the Delloite top 10 that arent playing Champions League Football - What does that tell you about Liverpool?'

Well Mr Ayre, it tells me its a badly ran club... That we have the money to compete with any club in the world and if you got Champs League and the money and players assoiated we would be amazing - yet you cant sort it out.

Absolute Joke! Yes, as fans we can be happy - but as managers they should hang their heads in shame at our league position...

I agree, that quote did kinda backfire on him in my mind too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #377: Apr 17, 2013 05:12:45 pm
      Best quote...

Exactly.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #378: Apr 17, 2013 05:53:06 pm
      Best quote...

best answer........

They haven't got the ingredients to qualify for that tournament, what does that tell you about management?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #379: Apr 17, 2013 06:14:42 pm

Spin at it's best indeed.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #380: Apr 19, 2013 05:33:00 pm
      I agree, that quote did kinda backfire on him in my mind too.
      best answer........

They haven't got the ingredients to qualify for that tournament, what does that tell you about management?

Honestly - Ayre should spend less time talking to the media and more time working on the new stadium and transfers... I like the 'hard line approach' we took to Ince, but it satnds for nothing when we get ripped on Carroll...

As I see it we have the best fan base in the country, that spend money on the club. We have a massive revenue stream and huge potiential - that after 3 seasons they cant tap into and turn it into a formula for success on the pitch. Its like the govenrment - after 10 years in power they still blame the old incumbents. Next season is the last time I will allow myself to be fooled by their approach to our club, either invest in players and take us forward or leave - god forbid we become the next Villa, Leeds, Portsmouth or even Luton - all 'big' teams before they were ran into the ground...

For me - again, Ayre - engage your brain before your mouth - get back to the office and actually do something that will result in us winning games!

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #381: Apr 20, 2013 08:38:06 pm
      I don't think I've ever fully understood an Ian Ayre interview.

He is the master of deception and illusion,or should that be delusion.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #382: Apr 20, 2013 10:39:45 pm
      He's like a politician, telling us things he thinks we want to hear without giving the whole truth, which would be something like " the owners have realised now what the F**k they've gotten themselves into, and are buying time by staying away until they figure out what to do next"!

He always seems to be trying to paint a picture of a bright future, without really knowing if its likely.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #383: Apr 20, 2013 11:49:44 pm
      Give me pubes any day of the week over this polished turd.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #384: Apr 20, 2013 11:54:24 pm
      Give me pubes any day of the week over this polished turd.

Something I've been thinking about recently.

No way Ayre is close to Parry in running a football club and that's saying something.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #385: Apr 21, 2013 07:25:07 am
      Something I've been thinking about recently.

No way Ayre is close to Parry in running a football club and that's saying something.
      I've no problem with the job Ayre is doing, he seems to be bringing the money in, its just not up to him how its spent.
      He is the man put forward by FSG to take the bullets for them, which seems to be a trend at the minute
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,440 posts | 8656 
      Reply #386: Jul 23, 2013 09:09:21 pm
      Been on the lash in Oz

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #387: Jul 23, 2013 09:13:31 pm

Please like me, I'm a fun guy look.

Ayre getting that one in just incase the summer turns to sh*t.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #388: Jul 23, 2013 09:26:40 pm
      Please like me, I'm a fun guy look.

Ayre getting that one in just incase the summer turns to sh*t.

Good way to get canned with your employer.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #389: Jul 25, 2013 12:27:10 pm
      We would be in a better position if we had another managing director.

The guy in my humble opinion an idiot.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #390: Aug 20, 2013 01:05:46 pm
      When you start to think Rick Parry wasn't that bad at his job then you know the current guy really is sh*te.

This guy is a disaster and nowhere near the quality needed to run a club with ambitions such as ours.

That is if FSG's ambitions really are as they say they are.

Quick Reply