Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)

Read 39529 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)
      Jun 10, 2012 09:06:40 am
      http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-to-launch-15million-bid-for-Daniel-Sturridge-201206100002/
      Liverpool are reportedly preparing to launch a £15million bid for Chelsea forward Daniel Sturridge.

Sturridge is thought to be unhappy at Chelsea, largely due to Andre Villas-Boas, who was sacked as manager at the start of March, playing him in a wide role last season.

And after falling out of favour in the closing stages of the season under interim boss Roberto Di Matteo, and missing out on England's Euro 2012 squad, it is believed the 22-year-old is considering a move away from Stamford Bridge.

Arsenal are thought to be keen, as are former club Manchester City, but according to the Daily Star Sunday, new Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is keen on luring the unsettled forward to Anfield.

Sturridge, who would be a replacement for Dirk Kuyt, has just twelve months remaining on his contract at Chelsea and is likely to fall down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge next season as the west London club are keen on bringing in Porto striker Hulk to play alongside Fernando Torres.

Eden Hazard and Marko Marin have also joined Chelsea.

Last week it was reported by talkaloadofbull.com that Man City boss Roberto Mancini wants the England international to return to the Etihad Stadium as he prepares to strengthen his title-winning squad this summer.

Should Sturridge move back to Manchester, however, it could leave City out of pocket.

The player who would likely replace Edin Dzeko in the City squad left the north west in 2009, joining Chelsea after his contract expired. Because of his age, City were eventually awarded £6.5million compensation by a tribunal.

City are thought to be entitled to 15 per cent of any sell-on fee as part of the deal agreed with the west London outfit, but Sturridge is now valued at around £12m.

At time of writing, Man City are the bookmakers' favourites to sign Sturridge this summer (see Daniel Sturridge Next Club Odds), ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal.
      Would take him for 15m easy. Showed he can score at a poor team like Bolton eight goals in twelve games is awesome. His Chelsea record doesn't seem good but that's because he played wide where he doesn't like it.
      So he comes to us, play in a good team would be great. I think he would come, only problem would be Chelsea letting him go to us.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2012 09:47:43 am
      Too selfish 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2012 09:56:09 am
      If he puts the ball in the net on a regular basis he can be as selfish as he likes,I think he would be a good buy.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2012 10:05:55 am
      for 15mil? it would be fine, last season they said he was valued at 20mil+, would a good option for the wings and striker too.
      i'm for but for not high wages and too high transfer fees. Can score 15goals/season easily. but I would likeus to sign Loic Remy instead maybe, Remy is a better striker and can play on the wings too and will demand less as transfer fee ans wages. and he is available for transfer, it's sure in the french media!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2012 10:26:36 am
       Sturridge is going to be a top player. Unfortunately my guess is Chelsea realise it now and won't part with him quite so readily as they were prepared to do when buying Torres. 40 mill plus Sturridge was the talk, now THAT was a deal.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2012 11:32:18 am
      When we were negotiating the Torres deal I was shouting get this lad involved in the deal, has a future right at the top my only question about him is attitude, when it comes to ability he is right out the top drawer no doubt. £15m I'd be very happy to pay that personally.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2012 11:34:30 am
      Sturridge for 15 million is a F***ing joke, seriously I am done with buying British potential.

No way in the world would he fit into any top 4 side in another league he is a mid table player.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2012 11:51:37 am
      I think Sturridge is a quality player and i have thought this since i watched him play against us in the youth cup many years ago.

We have the target man in Carroll and he is the best target man in english football for me..unique, young and will only get better as his potential is frightening. We have the creator in Suarez...can play off..drift wide on both sides and cause havoc...but we do not have a finisher and if we get one, like sturridge, we will have a complete set of forwards for me!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2012 11:56:11 am
      He was their top scorer and playing better than Drogba and Torres until Boas got sacked. Then he lost form a bit and rarely played :( He's shown he can score goals, but hes should be a striker rather than play right wing.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 10, 2012 12:15:59 pm
      sh*t player would be a failure
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2012 12:41:24 pm
      I would sign him for £10million!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2012 12:44:10 pm
      My understanding is he wasnt playing later on because he wanted to play only down the middle so he pissed off dimatteo and got benched..

We defo dont need that here especially with carroll and luis starting up a partnership

however i do think hes a great player that being said
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2012 12:46:00 pm

No way is he a s*it player. He would do well here imo as he is a very good player and as previous posters have said, he was scoring goals and playing well while AVB was there.

If we signed him he would have to play as a striker or either side of Carroll in a 4-3-3
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2012 12:55:40 pm
      He's very much a 'hot/cold' striker. Two biggest hot streaks last season:

October scored 3, assisted 1 in 2 games.
      Nov-Dec Scored 5, assisted 2 in 8 games.

Had two notable droughts: one where he was playing big minutes; the other not so big minutes.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #14: Jun 10, 2012 01:00:59 pm
      Not what we need, he could be good but is quite inconsistent, right now we need a solid goalscorer.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #15: Jun 10, 2012 01:03:24 pm
      He's very much a 'hot/cold' striker. Two biggest hot streaks last season:

October scored 3, assisted 1 in 2 games.
      Nov-Dec Scored 5, assisted 2 in 8 games.

Had two notable droughts: one where he was playing big minutes; the other not so big minutes.

That can happen..all strikers have droughts! He is young, still learning and last season was his first proper season playing for the chavs. When AVB left things changed for him.

I feel he has alot of talent, is quick and can finish....a rough diamond but could certainly give us many years and many goals if given the chance and developed properly! I feel he would fit into BR style as would Adam Johnson!
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2012 01:05:55 pm
      Not what we need, he could be good but is quite inconsistent, right now we need a solid goalscorer.

He was solid at Bolton...free scoring in a poor team. I think he would do well for us! Who would you like to see brought in who is a realistic target for a goalscorer?

TBH with decent service I feel that Andy could bang in over 20 goals next season...but I still feel we need a finisher...a Rush,  Fowler, Owen, Torres type striker!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #17: Jun 10, 2012 01:16:37 pm
      I doubt he'll be leaving and if he did, it would be overpriced.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #18: Jun 10, 2012 01:27:31 pm
      He was solid at Bolton...free scoring in a poor team. I think he would do well for us! Who would you like to see brought in who is a realistic target for a goalscorer?

TBH with decent service I feel that Andy could bang in over 20 goals next season...but I still feel we need a finisher...a Rush,  Fowler, Owen, Torres type striker!

That's what I meant as well, a top finisher who will undoubtedly be our top goalscorer, realistic targets are difficult to think of right now, but there are a few names about, De Jong perhaps?
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #19: Jun 10, 2012 02:02:58 pm
      Rossi?
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #20: Jun 10, 2012 02:04:22 pm
      That's what I meant as well, a top finisher who will undoubtedly be our top goalscorer, realistic targets are difficult to think of right now, but there are a few names about, De Jong perhaps?

Good shout...top strikers are hard to come by...especially when not playing CL football. But say we got Adam Johnson, and had him, and if either Aquilani or Cole fire, plus Stevie, Suarez and Bellamy etc...we would certainly have enough talent to create plenty of chances for a poacher...or a target man like Carroll!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,451 posts | 8657 
      Reply #21: Jun 10, 2012 02:44:42 pm
      The only newspaper I've seen running this story is the Daily Star, so in that case excuse me if I think it's bollocks for now!
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #22: Jun 10, 2012 03:38:57 pm
      Sturridge is going to be a top player. Unfortunately my guess is Chelsea realise it now and won't part with him quite so readily as they were prepared to do when buying Torres. 40 mill plus Sturridge was the talk, now THAT was a deal.

He was deffo one that got away. Can't blames Kenny because none of us were particularly exctired about the idea at the time either but he is turning into a fine player and I can't see him playing in Red next season somehow.

Quick Reply