Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Premier league TV rights from 2013/14 season top £3billion

Read 2125 times
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Premier league TV rights from 2013/14 season top £3billion
      Jun 13, 2012 07:06:03 pm
      Premier League announces audio-visual rights
      Live audio-visual rights in the UK for 2013/14 to 2015/16 are revealed by Premier League

Manchester City triumphed at the end of a dramatic 2011/12 Barclays Premier League season
      The Premier League has concluded the sales process for the seven packages of live audio-visual rights for transmission in the UK during seasons 2013/14 to 2015/16.

The seven packages – five of 26 matches and two of 12 matches – totalling 154 matches were awarded on the following basis:

- BSkyB has secured packages B, C, D, E and F totalling 116 matches.

- BT has secured packages A and G totalling 38 matches.

The overall value delivered for the seven packages following the structured and independently scrutinised sales process is £3.018 billion.

Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said: "The Barclays Premier League continues to provide excellent football and enthralling drama as we saw last season. The value this drives for our rightsholders is evident and we are extremely pleased that this has been realised for our UK live rights.

"As ever, the security provided by broadcast revenues will enable our clubs to continue to invest in all aspects of their football activities and plan sustainably for the foreseeable future. This deal allows them to keep delivering what fans want; top quality football in some of world’s best club stadia and an increasing focus on and commitment to areas such as Youth Development.
      "These are exciting times for both the football and media worlds"
      - Richard Scudamore
      "The continuing support of BSkyB for Premier League football is significant beyond the revenues delivered; the longevity and quality of their commitment has done much for the English game as a whole. We are very happy to see this relationship maintained for another three seasons.

"We welcome BT as a new Premier League broadcast partner. They are a substantial British company that is at the leading edge of technology and infra-structure development. They are clearly investing in quality content to use on their platforms and when combined with the reach and pull of Premier League football they will deliver new ways in which fans will be able to follow the competition.

"These are exciting times for both the football and media worlds and we should all be proud of the value both industries contribute to the UK culturally and economically.

"I would also like to place on record the Premier League's thanks to the numerous other highly credible bidders that showed such interest in the live UK rights."

Edit: Better source.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Premier league TV rights from 2013/14 season top £3billion
      Reply #1: Jun 13, 2012 07:20:20 pm
      So this means not only won't the top teams get more games domestically which they deserve; BT vision will show the best of the lot?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #2: Jun 13, 2012 07:27:54 pm
      F***ing ridiculous country this. F***ing ridiculous greedy b***ard FA. F***ing F**k fuckers F**k.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #3: Jun 13, 2012 07:31:46 pm
      BT will launch their own channel going by what they just tweeted so more pay monthly subscriptions..
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2012 07:36:36 pm
      BT will launch their own channel going by what they just tweeted so more pay monthly subscriptions..

They only have 38 matches so are they after other sports too I guess? When I read it I wondered what they'd be doing. Am worried they'll make their Cat A matches PPVs.

On another note this deal has f**k all to do with the FA, its the premier league who negotiated it, though share the general sentiment regarding greed.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2012 08:08:30 pm
      They only have 38 matches so are they after other sports too I guess? When I read it I wondered what they'd be doing. Am worried they'll make their Cat A matches PPVs.

On another note this deal has f**k all to do with the FA, its the premier league who negotiated it, though share the general sentiment regarding greed.

I'd guess that BT are just taking over from ESPN, a 38 game package is basically only one a week. Stream time again.

As regards the FA, they are a shareholder with a veto on the election of Chair and Vice Chair of the PL so they have sticky little fingers and as part of the old boys club they have a huge say in what goes on and also as a privileged shareholder a healthy cut of the pie. Last year they took £2,5bn and 'paid out' to charity £130m. Generous.

It's a F***ing den of iniquity I tells ya.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #6: Jun 13, 2012 08:25:42 pm
      I'd guess that BT are just taking over from ESPN, a 38 game package is basically only one a week. Stream time again.

As regards the FA, they are a shareholder with a veto on the election of Chair and Vice Chair of the PL so they have sticky little fingers and as part of the old boys club they have a huge say in what goes on and also as a privileged shareholder a healthy cut of the pie. Last year they took £2,5bn and 'paid out' to charity £130m. Generous.

It's a f**king den of iniquity I tells ya.

Didn't know they had that level of involvement. I stand corrected. bas**rds.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2012 08:46:01 pm
      Didn't know they had that level of involvement. I stand corrected. bas**rds.

It's the same as FIFA, UEFA, et al. All grubby little men grabbing what they can for their retirement. The whole sport needs a good clear out. Can't see it happening though.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2012 11:35:04 pm
      So will BT launch a new channel that will be made available on Virgin and Sky? Will it be similar subscriptions to PremPlus?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2012 11:40:46 pm
      So will BT launch a new channel that will be made available on Virgin and Sky? Will it be similar subscriptions to PremPlus?

I'd imagine it's just a way to get subscribers to BT Vision, I can't see them tying into Sky because that'd defeat the object of  entering the bidding process because nobody will leave sky who have 100+ matchesw for BT's 38. I could be wrong like, nothing would surprise me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2012 11:43:26 pm
      I'm guessing you can't individually buy matches on BT Vision then? Have to buy a sports package?
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #11: Jun 14, 2012 12:09:13 am
      I'm guessing you can't individually buy matches on BT Vision then? Have to buy a sports package?

I'm worried they might do that, they have got the biggest 18 games by my understanding. Dreading they'll make them PPV and charge a ridiculous price with some of the lesser games thrown in as a sweetner.

Quick Reply