Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Suarez interview ignites media frenzy

Read 19164 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Re: Suarez interview ignites media frenzy
      Reply #138: Jul 20, 2012 03:45:04 pm
      If I were in Luis shoes knowing I had done nothing wrong i would not be silenced either.But a hatrick against the snipe nosed bas**rds team would certainly shut ferguson up.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #139: Jul 20, 2012 03:55:08 pm

This is why we need to move on - to stop giving the alkie fuckwit the ammunition to take shots at us.

Once again we will come out of it harmed and they will walk away like angels, we have allowed them to take the moral high ground again - this sort of stuff is not what Rodgers needs to deal with whilst getting prepared for the new season.

I know it must be hard for Suarez - to be labelled a racist and then be unable to defend yourself and all.

Next time he should just take 30 seconds and read that quote, his day to go public will come but not whilst being a Liverpool player please.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #140: Jul 20, 2012 03:58:35 pm
      If I were in Luis shoes knowing I had done nothing wrong i would not be silenced either.But a hatrick against the snipe nosed bas**rds team would certainly shut ferguson up.

And that is exactly how Suarez gets his revenge - on the football field not in the papers - he doesn't have a prayer against them in the media - ORN won that battle months ago.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #141: Jul 20, 2012 04:05:03 pm
      I defy any man who is wronged, has his and his family's reputation torn apart to sit back and let time be the judge.
      The fuckers who lied and cheated have to be exposed, it's admirable advising Luis to let his feet do the talking but Whiskey face and his co-horts will pull the same stroke again and again.
      The whole corrupt system needs dismantling and the first step is unmasking the cheats.
      The Terry trial and the choc-ice farce are keeping the racist bollocks bubbling - it won't go away, as much Whiskey face would like to see the back of it now his objectives have been addressed it will come back to haunt him.
      Suarez is part of the reason it will not disappear and he will not be silenced.

You couldn't make it up - Ferguson has stated that Plug Ferdinand will not play for England again!!
      No doubt the reaction to the choc-ice furore.
      Thankfully the phrase negro choc-ice wasn't used or Whiskey nose would have retired him.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012 04:23:20 pm by stuey »
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #142: Jul 20, 2012 04:08:48 pm
      How exactly do you suggest the club and Suarez do that ? Take Man Utd to court ?

The incident happened nearly 10 months ago now ! Suarez and the club can't do F**k all - they had the chance at the time but did nothing. They had the chance to appeal but didn't , they could have challenged the ban but they didn't. The reason why - because it was a battle they couldn't win .

Sometimes you have to pick the right battle to fight.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #143: Jul 20, 2012 04:10:24 pm
      Indeed, regardless of the rights and wrongs, Suarez needs to keep his mouth shut.

I think if he had been allowed to talk about it nearer to the time, he probably wouldn't be talking about it now. Instead, he was blatantly forced to issue a bullshit statement by the club to try to calm the situation to a degree and the silence thereafter only served to make Luis appear guilty. If I was Luis, that would be eating away at me every F***ing day and it was only a matter of time before he opened up.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #144: Jul 20, 2012 04:21:01 pm
      I think if he had been allowed to talk about it nearer to the time, he probably wouldn't be talking about it now. Instead, he was blatantly forced to issue a bullshit statement by the club to try to calm the situation to a degree and the silence thereafter only served to make Luis appear guilty. If I was Luis, that would be eating away at me every F***ing day and it was only a matter of time before he opened up.

It will be awful for him.

The whole handling of the affair by the club was shocking.

The statements released, hiring inept lawyers, the t shirts and leaving Kenny to swim on his own. The lack of leadership from above at the time was awful. We got well and truely railroaded and smashed by the FA , the media and Alkie and his fuckwits.

That was the time to challenge it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #145: Jul 20, 2012 04:30:12 pm
      LFC and Luis Suarez won't have to do a F***ing thing this whole assortment of lies and deviousness will come right back and bite F**k nose ferguson up the arse, it is ongoing with the Terry farce and the Plug and the choc-ice story, it's rolling as we speak.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #146: Jul 20, 2012 04:30:49 pm
      See Fergie has started the mind games early..do not get involved Brendan! Have a little dig at some other subject and get under his skin that way. As enemies of Whiskey conk we should, by now, know better than to rise to the bait.

Brendans reply :-

Jesus from the movie "The Big Lebowski"
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #147: Jul 20, 2012 04:32:22 pm
      Just remember that Fergie himself has been fined for xenophobic language and laugh at the irony of the drunk bas**rds words.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #148: Jul 20, 2012 04:36:56 pm
      Suarez, who has always maintained his innocence, should keep his trap shut because it's embarassing some of our fans?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #149: Jul 20, 2012 04:49:56 pm
      Suarez, who has always maintained his innocence, should keep his trap shut because it's embarassing some of our fans?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm pretty sure that's not what people are saying.

It's fighting a battle that can't be won and just giving ammunition for people to fire back at the club. Alkie must have rubbed his hands with delight when he saw that interview. So far Rodgers has been dignified in the press as well as strong but given nothing away or given nothing to the media for that to be used against us - until now. There is no doubt that Rodgers will have to start to fend off more bullshit from the media in response to this being opened once again. That's not exactly what we want to be doing right now.

There is no positive scenario for us out if this , we are once again going to find ourselves smashed down whilst the FA and the manc fucks take that morale high ground above us pointing down mocking us.
      We can't win this and it's a futile battle to try and constantly fight.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012 04:59:33 pm by Reslivo »
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #150: Jul 20, 2012 05:21:42 pm
      We have always been fighters though George and stuck up for our own... Why should we stop now?
      Even if we have owners who don't we as fans should still stick up for the club and our own..

If I were Luis I personally wouldn't drop it either...
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #151: Jul 20, 2012 05:26:15 pm
      We have always been fighters though George and stuck up for our own... Why should we stop now?
      Even if we have owners who don't we as fans should still stick up for the club and our own..

If I were Luis I personally wouldn't drop it either...

Fighters yes - but the club has always picked the right battle to fight. A battle there is a chance of winning. A battle that gives us positive outcomes.

This battle isn't going to do that. The battle is with the FA and we can't beat them.

We as fans will continue to stick up for Suarez and the club - we know he isn't a racist so does the club.

But the incident needs to pass now for the good of the club.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #152: Jul 20, 2012 05:32:25 pm
      I was always taught that silence is the bullies best friend , which is precisely why Ferguson has got away with it for years.
      Nobody has the guts to stand up to him , except some foreign players and managers and he soon  deals with them.
      He has far too much power , and that's a fact !!
      Somehow I don't think Brendan lacks the guts to stand up to him if need be.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #153: Jul 20, 2012 05:42:53 pm
      By it's very nature this matter will not subside, how significant is it that the Keep Racism Out Of Sport crew conveniently keep schtum over Terry's admitted abuse and Plug's choc-ice comment?
       Their vociferous reaction to a cultural informal expression in the Suarez debacle was in marked contrast to the defeaning silence in response to the above incidents, the KROOS crew are intrinsically linked to the FA of course who in turn are an extension of manUre. Could there possibly be an agenda here?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #154: Jul 20, 2012 05:46:20 pm
      By it's very nature this matter will not subside, how significant is it that the Keep Racism Out Of Sport crew conveniently keep schtum over Terry admitted abuse and Plug's choc-ice comment?
       Their vociferous reaction to a cultural informal expression in the Suarez debacle was in marked contrast to the defeaning silence in response to the above incidents, the KROOS crew are intrinsically linked to the FA of course who in turn are an extension of manUre. Could there possibly be an agenda here?

They aren't going to condemn their English players - we all know that and it's wrong. But we don't help matters by stirring the pot . It brings the spotlight right back on us - and that spotlight is once again used against us. If we want to do anything then find a way to put the focus on the Terry and Ferdinand issues. Get the PR guy to earn his wages.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #155: Jul 20, 2012 06:05:33 pm
      Ferguson had alreadt earmarked Luis for special treatment.He had already accused him of diving all over the place which given the players he has managed is quite amusing.
      Don't think for one moment that this mattewr is finished and the crowd at Anfield for the next UTD game will not be in any mood to let things go this I can guarantee.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #156: Jul 20, 2012 06:19:34 pm
      They aren't going to condemn their English players - we all know that and it's wrong. But we don't help matters by stirring the pot . It brings the spotlight right back on us - and that spotlight is once again used against us. If we want to do anything then find a way to put the focus on the Terry and Ferdinand issues. Get the PR guy to earn his wages.
      Hypocrisy personified
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #157: Jul 20, 2012 06:23:04 pm

Care to explain why that makes me a hypocrite ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #158: Jul 20, 2012 07:24:12 pm
      Care to explain why that makes me a hypocrite ?
      You're paranoid I was referring to the FA.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #159: Jul 20, 2012 07:27:52 pm
      You're paranoid I was referring to the FA.

With good reason ;)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #160: Jul 20, 2012 07:30:05 pm

Fighters yes - but the club has always picked the right battle to fight. A battle there is a chance of winning. A battle that gives us positive outcomes.

This battle isn't going to do that. The battle is with the FA and we can't beat them.

We as fans will continue to stick up for Suarez and the club - we know he isn't a racist so does the club.

But the incident needs to pass now for the good of the club.

Interesting theory...

Only fight the fights that we know we can win?

Only protect our own if it doesn't make us unpopular ?

Even if we believe something something to be worth fighting for and that we owe one of our own the full support we can muster?

Does that theory run into games as well? Only play the ones we know we can win?

I personally don't care if it makes us unpopular... Luis deserves our support.

Quick Reply