Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Daniel Agger (Man City)

Read 90494 times
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 589 posts | 28 
      Daniel Agger (Man City)
      Jul 30, 2012 12:19:29 am
      I usually ignore this rag, but Agger is my favourite player, hope against hope this is crap.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-shock-liverpool-with-13m-1184988

Liverpool now face a major fight to keep the 27-year-old after he told Anfield chief Brendan Rodgers that he wants out

Man City, Real Madrid or Barcelona? Daniel Agger is wanted by three big hitters
      Getty
      Manchester City have rocked Liverpool with a £13million bid for defender Daniel Agger.

Liverpool now face a major fight to keep Agger, 27, with Real Madrid and Barcelona also interested.

The Premier League champions lodged their bid with Liverpool last week and had it rejected.

But Agger has already told Anfield chief Brendan Rodgers that he wants out.

The Danish centre-back is expected to confirm within the next two weeks whether he will opt for the Emirates or Spain but City are ready to up their bid to keep him in the Premier League.

The player still set to be sacrificed by City to accommodate the Agger is Kolo Toure.

The Ivory Coast star has a year left on his contract and, after being frozen out by Mancini last season, has been a target for Turkish club Bursaspor and Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal - but Barcelona are also now keen on the former Arsenal man.

On his way: Kolo Toure could be sold to make room fro Agger in the Man City squad 
      But City have not yet found a taker willing to pay a transfer fee on top of his £120,000-a-week wages, even though the Ivory Cost defender is willing to take a pay cut.

To complicate matters, Vincent Kompany's injury yesterday - the Blues skipper flew home from their Malaysia tour - means the champions are now loathe to allow Toure to leave as his departure would rob them of experienced cover.

If City DO sign Agger, they then face paying Toure around £6million over the next 12 months in wages if he is not sold or included in their 25-man squad for the Premier League and the Champions League.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Daniel Agger (Man City)
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2012 12:24:06 am
      Oh F**k off, Citeh. Just    F**k    off  >:(
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2012 12:25:22 am
      13 million? Haha try adding 17 million more then we'll talk.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2012 12:27:08 am
      Triple it and we'll talk you cu*ts.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2012 12:28:59 am
      ;D 13 million.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2012 12:31:16 am
      Aguero, Silva + £50m and I'll take them seriously or they can F**k off with their insulting valuations. Best defender in the league for my money, only downside is injuries. Beyond that I absolutely love his attitude to bits so please F***ing do one Shitty!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2012 12:41:17 am
      Can't stand these insulting bids, we always seem to get them...

How is it Manure can sign decents players at the right price but if we go in we get added an extra 10mil to our bid and our players when linked, all the bids are just flat out insulting!!

Really pisses me off this does
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #7: Jul 30, 2012 12:41:24 am
      Aguero, Silva + £50m and I'll take them seriously or they can f**k off with their insulting valuations. Best defender in the league for my money, only downside is injuries. Beyond that I absolutely love his attitude to bits so please f**king do one Shitty!

This all day
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2012 12:50:12 am
      We need to keep Agger.

But if he wants out and demands a move, give us £15m plus Adam Johnson.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2012 12:58:42 am
      Oh F**k that! I love Agger, his attitude, etc. He's a leader back there and our best defender by a long way.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2012 01:02:23 am
      Aguero, Silva + £50m and I'll take them seriously or they can f**k off with their insulting valuations. Best defender in the league for my money, only downside is injuries. Beyond that I absolutely love his attitude to bits so please f**king do one Shitty!

+1
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2012 01:03:48 am
      Thought I saw a few weeks back that Agger was happy and didn't want to go anywhere anytime soon.  I'll entertain the idea though.....

If Agger does want out, then he will go to the highest bidder.  Surely between Man City, Real Madrid, and Barca we can get a decent deal for him.  I'd look for:

Man City:  Adam Johnson + 20M
      Real Madrid:  Raul Albiol, Nuri Sahin, + 10M
      Barca:  Affelay, Villa + 5M

Drive a hard line if any of these teams are intent on signing him!!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2012 01:23:05 am
      Add a 0 onto that valuation and then we'll consider
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2012 01:26:07 am
      Can't believe posters would even consider a positive to letting Agger leave. He should be indispensible.
      amphetamanda
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 30, 2012 01:42:46 am
      I know the Skrtel rumors have appeared the more threatening-- “Player of the Season,” Newcastle save, equivocal public statements and all that-- but there’s absolutely no way the club should entertain selling Agger. It would be as great a loss, in my opinion, as losing Gerrard, Lucas, Reina or Suarez. Skrtel is excellent, of course, but Agger strikes me as a player who improves everyone in the team when he’s on the pitch. I don’t care how much City offers, or who they throw in to soften the blow-- he needs to stay.

I guess if anything confirms the divide between the quality of our defense and most of the rest of the squad (minus the obvious few), it’s the rumors of who wants them. I hope I can eat my words in January, when Barcelona offers Pedro in a straight swap for Downing.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #15: Jul 30, 2012 02:40:55 am
      He's said before he'd never leave to another premier league club.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2012 04:05:48 am
      yea agger isnt going anywhere we should just ignore the baseless sh*te they come out with!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 261 
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2012 06:51:51 am
      If LFC let Agger go I feel it's a sign of big decision in the club. The "lack ambition" will raise again by some players and I just feel we can no more able to keep the like of Suarez, Pepe, Johnson etc. And I quietly believe FSG guys may glad to see it happen.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #18: Jul 30, 2012 07:48:55 am
      I'll be very upset if this happens, don't want him going anywhere.  And shitty can stick their reported £13m right where the sun don't shine.
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 30, 2012 08:13:56 am
      I'm pretty sure Agger said that he wouldn't go to another English club when he spoke about Torres leaving,and if will sell then i would be really pissed off, i wondered why he never really played on tour unless he had a knock i didn't know about. so we sell our best players  and other teams ADD the best players. :mad: :mad: :mad:
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #20: Jul 30, 2012 08:47:53 am
      He didn't really play because he was at the euros.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #21: Jul 30, 2012 08:55:13 am
      £13mill???????wtf piss of you shitty little tw*ts£30mill at the very least.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: Jul 30, 2012 09:00:12 am
      It's amazing that City think they could get Agger for 13 million quid,when you see the supposed transfer fees that have been reported by the media for players we are said to be interested in buying.I for one would not like to see Agger go but if that is what he wants we do not have to let City or any other club hold a gun to our heads.It is time for L.F.C. to stand their ground and get a good transfer fee for a class international player like Agger.

Quick Reply