Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Daniel Agger (Man City)

Read 90492 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Daniel Agger (Man City)
      Reply #23: Jul 30, 2012 09:04:01 am
      I thought they wanted Skrtle anyway? Surley not both of them - or is it a very lazy journo coming up with some sh*te after a slow football weekend..? The media want a big name to leave LFC and as Andy looks set to stay they have moved on to Agger... I will put down 50p now that the next player linked with a move away is either Suarez or Gerrard... Ow, no the journo's will go with Pepe, definatly Pepe - to Arsenal or the Chavs...

Nothing to see here, move along... More so after Thursday when we cup tie a load of players...
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #24: Jul 30, 2012 09:48:04 am
      Iv a bad feeling about this one :(
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 30, 2012 10:03:21 am
      Gutted would be an understatment if this happened. To progress as a club, and get back in amongst the big boys in the league, we must hold onto our best players. And Agger imo is in the top 3 of our best players. Vitally important that we fight to keep him. Formed one half of the best CB pairing in the league last year. I would be seriously left scratching my head if this happens!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26: Jul 30, 2012 10:24:18 am
      Sad times if we lose Agger or Skrtel or even worse both!

I think if this happens (which I honestly can't believe we would allow) we may see an exodus of our best players, with Reina, Johnson and Suarez joining the throng.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #27: Jul 30, 2012 10:27:44 am
      Really cannot see any legs on this one whatsoever.
      The Aquilani fiasco was a quiz show in itself and there are still questions to be answered.
      Dagger is a different situation, the club needs him and the supporters love him. Why this derisory figure has been quoted supposedly as a mingebag attempt to chip a realistic figure is anyone's guess, moreso in connection with loadsamoney Citeh??
      The cheapskate spuds yeah but Citeh?? No way.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #28: Jul 30, 2012 10:29:01 am
      Wasn't Agger getting a new contract ? Didn't he say he wanted a new contract ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Jul 30, 2012 10:31:54 am
      Wasn't Agger getting a new contract ? Didn't he say he wanted a new contract ?
      I thought Kenny Dalglish got him to sign a new contract but I am not certain,maybe someone can give us the gen on that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Jul 30, 2012 10:38:10 am
      No he hasn't signed a new contract yet. Said he was happy to sit down with Brendan to discuss one a while back, but not signed one yet.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/06/20/daniel-agger-happy-to-discuss-new-liverpool-fc-contract-100252-31220583/
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Jul 30, 2012 10:48:38 am
      The Spaniard's move, triggered by a desire to leave Anfield, frustrated Agger. "It is unacceptable to play for one of Liverpool's arch rivals," he said. "For a Dane, it's about having respect for the club you play at. I am proud to be able to pull on my Liverpool jersey and will never go to another club in England. I would never go to Manchester United or Everton, for example. It's about a form of respect for the club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/10/fernando-torres-liverpool-daniel-agger

So he's going nowhere for any money.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #33: Jul 30, 2012 10:53:01 am
      City can F**k right off

Ynwa
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #34: Jul 30, 2012 11:50:43 am

Anywhere in England, that is.

Doesn't rule out a move to Spain, for example, though I sincerely hope he stays.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #35: Jul 30, 2012 01:51:52 pm
      This story has bullshit written all over it in my opinion. Mancini said he's gonna bring in 4 or 5 new players in his last interview so now journos are climbing over each other with different names to see who can guess correctly. Agger won't be one of them, for many reasons.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #36: Jul 30, 2012 02:01:24 pm
      DANIEL AGGER says he would be happy to discuss a new contract with Liverpool, and revealed he was looking forward to meeting new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

The 27-year-old has been on international duty with Denmark at Euro 2012, but saw his side eliminated from the tournament on Sunday.

Agger, who joined the Reds from Brondby in 2006, has a contract at Anfield until 2014, which he signed in 2009.

Liverpool, however, are keen to tie down a player whose influence has grown steadily in recent seasons, and who is widely regarded as one of the classiest defenders of his type in Europe.

The Dane insists there is no rush to iron out a new deal over the summer – he will head off on holiday this week before returning for pre-season training at Melwood next month – but says he would be happy to discuss an extension, if and when Liverpool make him an offer.

“It’s no secret that I’m happy to be in Liverpool,” he said. “Otherwise, I would not have been there for six years.

“I have not discussed a new contract, but if they come with an offer I will surely sit down and talk with them.

“It’s not something that is urgent, for I have contract until 2014, but if they ask I will listen.”

Agger made 27 league appearances for the Reds last season, the most he has managed in a campaign since joining the club.

And he admitted he was looking forward to meeting with Rodgers, having been impressed by the work the new Reds chief produced at his former club Swansea City.

“I am looking forward to meeting the new coach,” he said. “I’ve seen what he has done at Swansea, and it has been impressive.”

Agger is not the only player Liverpool are eager to tie down to a long-term contract. Both Luis Suarez and Martin Skrtel are also expected to be offered new deals, with Premier League champions Manchester City having expressed an interest in the latter, and French outfit Paris St Germain having made tentative enquiries about the former.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/06/20/daniel-agger-happy-to-discuss-new-liverpool-fc-contract-100252-31220583/

Considering he said this only a few weeks ago, I think this story is bullshit....
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #37: Jul 30, 2012 02:22:23 pm
      Considering he said this only a few weeks ago, I think this story is bullshit....

Well it might not be. I'm sure there are clubs interested in Dagger. I just don't think we'll sell to another club in England, and any offers from abroad would have to be stupid good fees. He's our best defender by a long shot. Absolute class that boy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #38: Jul 30, 2012 02:58:53 pm
      LFC Transfer Spec ‏@LFCTS

#LFC have rejected a 13m offer from City for DA - SSN reports City have given up on him
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Jul 30, 2012 03:26:28 pm
      Been a slow news weekend for the media regarding LFC, hence these stories.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #40: Jul 30, 2012 03:46:50 pm
      City are now in the game of upsetting players, they are chancers and fishing for a bite.

Their squad is too big and too expensive. They have won the EPL and now have to cut the crap down and get a small solid team, or risk the wrath of the players, Tevez is STILL there, considering he would NEVER play for them again. (and IMO won the last game of the season for them).

Thus they are going for players that can replace a number of players at a cheaper cost. Agger today, Skrtel last week.

So far no one has jumped ship to them, you would think all and sundry would be queuing up to go there.... but no.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 30, 2012 04:52:45 pm
      "I think it's unacceptable to play for one of
      LFC's rivals. For a Dane it is about having
      respect for the club you play at.'' -
      DANIEL AGGER ❤
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #42: Jul 30, 2012 05:45:35 pm
      If LFC let Agger go I feel it's a sign of big decision in the club. The "lack ambition" will raise again by some players and I just feel we can no more able to keep the like of Suarez, Pepe, Johnson etc. .

Sad times if we lose Agger or Skrtel or even worse both!

I think if this happens (which I honestly can't believe we would allow) we may see an exodus of our best players, with Reina, Johnson and Suarez joining the throng.

These sum it up for me. Agger for £30+ million may seem like a good deal [three of the worlds richest clubs are interested, £30 million plus could open negotiations], until other stars think f**k it, we have no ambition I'm off too.

EDIT: And bollox to Citeh, £13m is an insult.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #43: Jul 30, 2012 06:03:55 pm
      If they really want the lad then they can come back with a £20 million plus offer. In the mean time get the lad on a new contract, him and Skrtel were a solid partnership last season and will be this side's rocks this season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #44: Jul 30, 2012 06:36:47 pm

These sum it up for me. Agger for £30+ million may seem like a good deal [three of the worlds richest clubs are interested, £30 million plus could open negotiations], until other stars think f**k it, we have no ambition I'm off too.

EDIT: And bollox to Citeh, £13m is an insult.

Doubt any of this is true, as far as no ambition if a player puts in a request because the grass is greener than I'm not exactly blaming the manager or club for lack of ambition in letting him go.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #45: Jul 30, 2012 06:42:49 pm
      If they really want the lad then they can come back with a £20 million plus offer. In the mean time get the lad on a new contract, him and Skrtel were a solid partnership last season and will be this side's rocks this season.

Not even a £20 million offer, hes too good. Who would we buy who would be as amazing as he is

Quick Reply