Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

So who are we trying to loan ?

Read 8412 times
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Re: So who are we trying to loan ?
      Reply #23: Aug 04, 2012 12:45:53 pm
      I would be happy with Borini, Ramirez, Allen, ??????, and then one or 2 season long loan deals.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Aug 04, 2012 12:46:50 pm
      If we bought three players with a net spend of around 40m and loaned two players, I don't think any one will be complaining, well maybe not.

Let's see where we are at, at the close of the transfer window and then jump through hoops or have a good moan at what's transpired.

Pointless getting worked up now as your frown could be turned upside down in a few weeks or vice versa.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #25: Aug 04, 2012 12:51:11 pm
      So this is what we are at now loaning players. It wasn't even this bad under hicks and gillette.

Fsg have dumbed down expectations so much now people seem genuinely excited by this.

Im expecting Fsg to announce an arrangement with Barcelona where we take there young players and fringe players to give them experience like big clubs do with lesser teams like the one utd have with that team in Belgium.

Maxi Kuyt Aureilo Aquilani probably Carroll and possibly Bellamy leaving and we are talking about looking for loan deals. Pathetic stuff but im starting to expect this from the owners.

Oh F**k off! I don't usually get wind up by you but this is ridiculous. Just because they are looking in to a loan doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom. Players who are being quote are quality players that aren't going to leave their club easily. Just get over yourself.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #26: Aug 04, 2012 01:35:32 pm
      I posted in the general transfer thread, we've got to at least try for Sahin. I know Arsenal are in for a loan with a view to a permanent purchase, but we've at least got to throw our hat in the ring. Even if he turns us down because we don't have Champions League, at least we showed intent. He was excellent at Dortmund.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #27: Aug 04, 2012 01:40:26 pm
      So this is what we are at now loaning players. It wasn't even this bad under hicks and gillette.

Fsg have dumbed down expectations so much now people seem genuinely excited by this.

Im expecting Fsg to announce an arrangement with Barcelona where we take there young players and fringe players to give them experience like big clubs do with lesser teams like the one utd have with that team in Belgium.

Maxi Kuyt Aureilo Aquilani probably Carroll and possibly Bellamy leaving and we are talking about looking for loan deals. Pathetic stuff but im starting to expect this from the owners.

I dont think its fair to compare FSG to H&G they're not THAT bad...but the rest of your post is spot on mate.
      +1

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #28: Aug 04, 2012 01:45:49 pm

Anelka?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #29: Aug 04, 2012 01:54:37 pm
      Affelay on loan.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #30: Aug 04, 2012 02:37:15 pm
      Aquilani, Kuyt and Maxi? :P
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31: Aug 04, 2012 02:45:33 pm
      I don't mind loaning players if it's just a case of "try before you buy", or perhaps were we don't want to buy a player for a position as next year a young player is expected to come through the ranks (Stirling/Suso/Adam) and we don't want to stifle their progress by bringing in someone on a 4 year deal.

Not sure if we should be loaning players expecting them to make the difference to the team though, if they are good enough to make a difference we should be looking to sign them not loan them. Too many experienced loan players tend to have a half hearted attitude, they would rather be playing with their own club, see being loaned out as a bit of an insult and don't give 100% every game.

As always it depends who we go for, why they are available, and why do we want to loan them. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Aug 04, 2012 03:00:46 pm
      Spurs loaning Adebayour went quite well and they are not backwards in coming forwards spending money this season. Brendan did well in the loan market last season himself with the capture of Sigurdsson too.

It is not ideal that FSG won't provide funds to buy players, far from it in fact it is somewhat of piss take, but if that is all Brendan has available to him then he has to go for it. Rather do that than what Rafa did and start limiting himself to buying from clubs we owed money to.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #33: Aug 04, 2012 03:23:12 pm

Jesus you are sh*t craic! We're looking forward to new signings stop wrecking the buzz! :)

Doubt Higuain's an option he's been quoted on how much he wants to succeed at Real and build on last season etc

If we could get the likes of Afellay, Cuenca or Tello in for a season at least we'd have some strength in depth!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Aug 04, 2012 03:48:39 pm
      Ya saint people talking about higuain are living in fairy land.

Completely agree loan to buy is completely understandable like Mascherano or anelka but with out them options it is F***ing ridiculous a club of our size having to go down that route.

People might nt like sound of it didn't see it under Moores or hicks and gillette but suddenly people think its acceptable under Fsg.

So Fsg bring in there own man slash the wage budget provide F**k all of a transfer budget and make our new manager have to resort to loan deals and im meant to believe their doing a good job. If this was a transfer window under hicks and gillette there would be open revolt.

Am i actually missing something here Fsg have tried dumb down expectations im not buying into it i still want the best for the club loan F***ing deals come F***ing on.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #35: Aug 04, 2012 03:54:41 pm
      Ya saint people talking about higuain are living in fairy land.

Completely agree loan to buy is completely understandable like Mascherano or anelka but with out them options it is f**king ridiculous a club of our size having to go down that route.

People might nt like sound of it didn't see it under Moores or hicks and gillette but suddenly people think its acceptable under Fsg.

So Fsg bring in there own man slash the wage budget provide f**k all of a transfer budget and make our new manager have to resort to loan deals and im meant to believe their doing a good job. If this was a transfer window under hicks and gillette there would be open revolt.

Am i actually missing something here Fsg have tried dumb down expectations im not buying into it i still want the best for the club loan f**king deals come f**king on.

Well lets go out and break the bank, get ourselves into more debt and then have to sell sell sell.

All because FSG are trying to be careful and not go out and bankrupt us.  Shame on those Yanks for not putting LFC at risk.  Come on everyone Yanks out!!

Why dont you come back and have a moan once the window is closed instead of trying to predict what we are going to do, unless you can see into the future.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #36: Aug 04, 2012 03:55:58 pm
      As ever I'll hang on till end window to pass judgement but my unease re direction / intentions (spiked through Suarez and Kenny's sacking) aren't going away yet.

Hoping I'm about to be "wowed" - my support won't waver but my comfort could certainly grow!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #37: Aug 04, 2012 03:58:28 pm
      If we dont get behind the team from the start we are going to have another sh*t season at home.  Alll that tensioning and moaning. 

Lets just get behind the team, trust the manager, trust the board and just enjoy the fact that we are Liverpool Football Club, and we have not bought our history (although some would like us too).
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Aug 04, 2012 03:58:52 pm
      Corbs I wasn't implying we'd get Higuain, I was just using it as an example, there is a massive difference mate.

How do we know the loans won't be to buy options ?

How do we know that FSG won't provide a decent budget and that the wage bill will once again rise because of that.

Sorry mate I'll wait until the end of the transfer window before I grab my torch and pitchfork or buy into any doomsday prophecies as anything can happen in the next few weeks.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #39: Aug 04, 2012 04:01:27 pm
      Last time we went quickly into the transfer window we ended up paying way over the odds, we dont want that to happen again.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #40: Aug 04, 2012 04:06:58 pm
      It's got to be a Real Madrid player. The pieces fit together perfectly. The managers worked together, and there are quality players there who don't get enough match time and are on high wages.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Aug 04, 2012 04:42:30 pm
      Stevie-G08
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 04, 2012 05:39:11 pm
      Afellay and Callejon!!
      corkred83
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 04, 2012 05:53:33 pm
      read were after Afellay,Tello,Callejon with Afellay being the closest to being done
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #44: Aug 04, 2012 05:55:58 pm
      Last time we went quickly into the transfer window we ended up paying way over the odds, we dont want that to happen again.

We did and some of the very same people who were complaining then are complaining this summer.

Complain when we pay over the odds to get players the manager wants, now complaining that we appear to be trying to get best value for the player the manager wants.

The main problem with this type of fan is that we are not being linked to or buying players they want whereas I'd much rather the boss gets the players he wants.

Also I'm sure the window doesn't close tomorrow so still plenty of time left and as Daz says I'd rather wait and see how we end up in September before having a hissy fit.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2012 06:38:49 pm by srslfc »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Aug 04, 2012 06:08:07 pm
      and as Daz says I'd rather wait and see how we end up in September before having a hissy fit.

So you've just put your hissy fit on hold Si? Interesting.  ;D

Quick Reply