Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Man of the Match this afternoon?

Joe Allen
      55 (44.4%)
      Joe Allen
      10 (8.1%)
      Joe Allen
      14 (11.3%)
      Joe Allen
      6 (4.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      23 (18.5%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      7 (5.6%)
      Joe Allen
      9 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal: In-game & post-match depression

Read 46442 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Arsenal
      Reply #621: Sep 02, 2012 03:45:09 pm
      Rodgers so far has made some very hard choices, dropping players, releasing those that he doesn't feel fit his philosophy.

Dropping Gerrard would be right up there with the toughest to make.

Based on Gerrard's performances over the last two or more seasons, and the progress of Shelvey, I would have no objections with Shelvey taking over the reigns of his role on the pitch (not captaincy).
      Shelvey is another chicken without a head charging around everywhere if he is the answer god help us.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #622: Sep 02, 2012 03:45:12 pm
      One question I do have is at what point does Pepe Reina become droppable?

I'll add to that Gerrard also.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #623: Sep 02, 2012 03:45:29 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #624: Sep 02, 2012 03:45:38 pm
      One question I do have is at what point does Pepe Reina become droppable?

Brad Jones will hardly do any better...
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #625: Sep 02, 2012 03:46:02 pm
      we are in the sh*te big time. Our transfer policy is a joke and we have no options at all, apart from Morgan....also we have 2 weeks to wait until our next defeat....
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #626: Sep 02, 2012 03:47:07 pm
      we are in the sh*te big time. Our transfer policy is a joke and we have no options at all, apart from Morgan....also we have 2 weeks to wait until our next defeat....

Morgan aint an option he aint good enough now, if ever
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #627: Sep 02, 2012 03:47:35 pm
      Brad Jones will hardly do any better...

I agree unfortunately, but that is also a mistake of ours we need 2 keepers because if someone is so far above the other he is never in danger of losing his place and making mistakes has no real consequence on him personally. We should look at getting Butland in as competition, I love Pepe but F**k me we cannot keep accepting mistakes without him knowing it's not good enough.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #628: Sep 02, 2012 03:47:38 pm
      Gerrard and Suarez had perhaps their worst ever games in a Liverpool shirt today. Enrique looked very poor an lost the ball quite alot, I would actually prefer playing Kelly on the right and Johnson on the left. Allen an Sterling looked good but shame that others didnt. Sahin looked ok, little dissapointed he took him off I would have took Gerrard off. DEFINITELY lacking 1 maybe 2 attacking players, if we play like that in the final third again its gonna make January seem like a long long lonnggg time away.

I dont get it? The thing we lacked last year was GOALS. So we got rid of 37% of our goals from last season (Carroll, Bellamy, Maxi, Kuyt) and have brought in an inexperienced youngster whose playing rather average/poor on the right and an unknown youngster from Morocco who hasnt even made the bench yet. It hurts me to say this but it looks like if we none of the Anelka/Drogba rumours surface then we may have to look into getting Michael Owen, and thats not even an option that is likely to change games. Something fundamentally has went wrong when we decide to get rid of £35m worth of a striker on loan and have nobody to bring in. This is gonna be a long hard season and a long way back up but weve just gotta keep believing.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #629: Sep 02, 2012 03:47:57 pm
      Painfull. Really painfull. Thought Shelvey looked good when on. Borini was useless. On a positive note, Allen and Sterling done well. No centre foward and no cutting edge.
      Gerrard isn't the player he was but still good enough to walk on to the team.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #630: Sep 02, 2012 03:48:31 pm
      Suarez is getting on my nerves today... trying too much the impossible one-twos in the middle of a hundread defenders, and just dont stop complaining with the ref... concentrate in playing football Luis, you're capable of so much better

We've been deceived by his skills, yes he can dribble pass defenders sometimes but not all the time and we have to knock some sense into him from this very minute that football is a team game and he don't play for himself but for the team and the club. I'm surprised BR doesn't sees that and ask him to change his approach, not to mention playing with his head down, how is he gonna know where his fellow teamates are in a better scoring position. Pepe is shocking of late, he's helping in goals than stopping it. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #631: Sep 02, 2012 03:49:08 pm
      Think we will win the Wages Reduction Title 2012/13 though, well done FSG
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #632: Sep 02, 2012 03:49:38 pm
      I am more in line with changing Gerrard's role instead of droping him.
      He doesnt seem to fit the quick passing style of play in the middle
      But i see him more effective playing as the right striker thereby freeing up a space in the middle for more energetic, quick passing lads
      His combination with Suarez upfront would be better than what we currently have.
      it would also allow us to rotate Raheem, Borini and anybody else we seem to have upfront
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #633: Sep 02, 2012 03:49:51 pm

At least we will be unbeaten in those 2 weeks. :lmao:
       'Always look on the bright side of life.'
      LFCexiled
      Reply #634: Sep 02, 2012 03:50:34 pm
      The only time I've smiled in the last 2 hours.........

As for the match.

Not much to say because I'm not a reveller of misery.

It appears that we have a lot of disillusioned people attached to the club from the players to the fans, the tea lady is probably making treacle or virgins water, everything but a perfect cuppa.

I don't think I've had a crossed word for the owners but I've got to say that the first and most important job they have is to facilitate the provision of a title winning squad by doing the simplest of things and that would be signing the F***ing cheques and they can't even manage that. We DID have a wage bill that was too big, we DID need to shed some 'dead wood' and we DID achieve both of them.

What we (they) haven't achieved is signing the cheques that give us a chance of doing what we do, winning.

If the players and fans are feeling lost then you can expect nothing but the same in return.

Sort it out or F**k off.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #635: Sep 02, 2012 03:50:49 pm
      This is Gerrards worst performance in an LFC shirt since two weeks ago at West Brom
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #636: Sep 02, 2012 03:51:02 pm
      Gerrard must of being burying the kebabs and beers out of it on his holidays cause he looks out of shape to me. Hopefully FSG are sitting at home now realized they are cu*ts after not giving the manager money to spend on a new striker.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #637: Sep 02, 2012 03:51:08 pm

Looking at the bench today sure was a major embarrassment to have no option up front. Hard to hit a lower point for us at the moment.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #638: Sep 02, 2012 03:51:22 pm

We're also odds on favourites to win the 'Shot themselves in the foot' title.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #639: Sep 02, 2012 03:52:12 pm
      We need a striker what about sticking stevie up front?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #640: Sep 02, 2012 03:52:30 pm
      Painfull. Really painfull. Thought Shelvey looked good when on. Borini was useless. On a positive note, Allen and Sterling done well. No centre foward and no cutting edge.
      Gerrard isn't the player he was but still good enough to walk on to the team.

I'm not sure what's the purpose of Borini on the field, he doesn't try hard enough and he's without a purpose on the field. How many games more does he need to get himself familiarise with the game? Most probably the pace and the physical side of things is too much for him to handle. We need to break up this Stevie-Suarez combo, it has proved to be nothing but a disaster of late. Looks like teams are scoring goals on the counter like what Man City did and yet BR did nothing about it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #641: Sep 02, 2012 03:53:07 pm
      Brendans answer to the question of bringing in a striker was basically to shrug his shoulders.
      Well I think the 40,000 people who spent good money today deserve a bit more than that they deserve to know why their club is in such a sorry state.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #642: Sep 02, 2012 03:53:36 pm
      We need a striker what about sticking stevie up front?

Stevie hates playing anywhere but CM. Which ironically has been his worst position in the last 4-5 yrs
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #643: Sep 02, 2012 03:54:24 pm
      We could be in the bottom two by the end of today... :(

Quick Reply