Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Edinson Cavani (Napoli)

Read 33146 times
      Bier
      Re: Edinson Cavani (Napoli)
      Reply #207: Jun 08, 2012 11:16:02 pm
      My point proven. A great team is superior to great individuals.

I disagree, a combination of both is best. PSG is like Man City, only they just started buying players. They'll win the title in the next few years.

Take away Giroud and Belhanda and Montpellier would be far worse, so they too need their great individuals. You don't need 11, but you do need at least a few.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #208: Jun 08, 2012 11:33:24 pm
      that's why Europe's previous best striker left!!! Along with Europe's best
      holding midfielder.

Have I missed something? Has Lucas left us?  >:D

I think what Montpellier have shown is that yes you need star players, but you don't need to be splashing out £30m plus to get them. With a good scouting network and youth system you can overcome differences in financial firepower.

First thing that I want us to do is to have a distinctive identity or style of play throughout the club. From under 7 level to the first team. I think that would cost very little but it would be a start in moving the club forward.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #209: Jun 27, 2012 06:46:01 am
      sh*te source but hey ho. I blame kb for retweeting it and grabbing my attention:

Napoli have given Liverpool permission to talk to striker Edinson Cavani, according to Italian journalists... #LFC -- Football_Tweet (@Football_Tweet_)
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #210: Jun 27, 2012 08:11:04 am
      If only....
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #211: Jun 27, 2012 08:11:21 am
      Sh*te source but hey ho. I blame kb for retweeting it and grabbing my attention:

Napoli have given Liverpool permission to talk to striker Edinson Cavani, according to Italian journalists... #LFC -- Football_Tweet (@Football_Tweet_)

haha - its good to know people read my tweets
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #212: Jun 27, 2012 08:24:24 am
      haha - its good to know people read my tweets

There's never tweet without fire...
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #213: Jun 27, 2012 10:07:23 am
      Can't believe people think we have a chance. No CL and a low wage structure means he's bound elsewhere.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #214: Jun 27, 2012 11:35:45 am
      That tweet was a fake for attention anyway
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #215: Jun 27, 2012 03:22:09 pm
      Few points about this.

1. There is absolutely no chance we'd consider trying to get Cavani unless we got rid of Carroll. You couldn't play them both together, and we can't afford to have one of them sitting on the bench (which would be Carroll).

2. If Edinson does leave Napoli, he'll be looking for CL footy, which we don't yet have. I'd have said a few months ago that he won't leave them, however with them missing out on CL, I can see quite a few of their quality players getting picked off by teams who do have CL footy this year. Lavezzi already gone, Hamsik will likely follow suit, and others like Maggio and Inler will be tempted by big offers from other clubs. What was becoming an excellent team (Napoli) will possibly fall apart this season if these players leave.

3. He's possibly the most wanted striker in Europe right now (obviously after the likes of Messi and Ronaldo who won't be going anywhere) as he plays for a relatively small team, and his best is yet to come. Therefore I don't think we will be able to compete for him alongside the likes of City and Madrid.

As much as this would be a dream come true for me, it won't happen.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #216: Jun 27, 2012 03:34:38 pm
      Not a chance he coming to LFC, that tweet was sent in Italian first, the first line read this is all lies or something like that, that told you it was made up just some missed that bit off
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #217: Oct 14, 2012 11:05:45 am
      Had a dream last night that we have already tied up a deal for him and that was part of the reason Suarez signed his extension. Knew it was just a dream though as we got him for 26M..

One can only dream.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #218: Oct 14, 2012 03:23:26 pm
      More chance of Brendan coming into this pub in macc I'm sat in lobbing a contract in front of me and saying "come on big man we need you".....

Back to my pint then:-)

Hate to admit this but was watching Torres smashing all his goals in for us on YouTube and thinking god we could use you now(and yes I slagged the F**k out of the treacherous little tw*t).
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #219: Oct 14, 2012 03:28:21 pm
      More chance of Brendan coming into this pub in macc I'm sat in lobbing a contract in front of me and saying "come on big man we need you".....

Back to my pint then:-)

Hate to admit this but was watching Torres smashing all his goals in for us on YouTube and thinking god we could use you now(and yes I slagged the f**k out of the treacherous little tw*t).

No point looking back.. Let's find the next Torres.

Can't see Cavani but there are other goalscorers out there that can come here and get goals.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #220: Oct 14, 2012 03:35:55 pm

Can't see Cavani but there are other goalscorers out there that can come here and get goals.

Exactly. There are players like Jelavic, Ba and Cisse out there who we can attract and afford. We just need to find them.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #221: Oct 14, 2012 03:36:43 pm

agreed just pisses me off a bit when you look at our striking options and the amount of goals we scored then and now .
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #222: Oct 14, 2012 04:10:18 pm
      agreed just pisses me off a bit when you look at our striking options and the amount of goals we scored then and now .

Our "striking options" weren't flooded when Torres was here to be fair, the major difference was that we had goals all over the park, Stevie regularly got the goals of a second striker and the likes of Xabi, Yossi, Riera, Babel and even Sami from centre half chipped in..
      If you look Suarez's record it's not shabby, we at the minute just don't have goals from other areas to take the pressure from him..

We have to address that, get someone to take the pressure from Luis and get the others in the squad chipping in.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #223: Oct 14, 2012 07:33:16 pm
      Our "striking options" weren't flooded when Torres was here to be fair, the major difference was that we had goals all over the park, Stevie regularly got the goals of a second striker and the likes of Xabi, Yossi, Riera, Babel and even Sami from centre half chipped in..
      If you look Suarez's record it's not shabby, we at the minute just don't have goals from other areas to take the pressure from him..

We have to address that, get someone to take the pressure from Luis and get the others in the squad chipping in.

I totally agree P.D. we have got to get back to the idea of all the midfielders and even defenders being capable of putting the ball in the net.By the net I mean the opposition net.It is too easy these days for opposing teams to nail Luis Suarez knowing full well that the chances of any other threats to their goal are virtually nil.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #224: Oct 14, 2012 07:41:11 pm

I was hoping that Sahin would be able to relieve some of that pressure .
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #225: Oct 14, 2012 08:06:55 pm
      I was hoping that Sahin would be able to relieve some of that pressure .

He probably will with the more and more he settles in, his goals at West Brom and Norwich show he has an eye for goal.. As does Jonjo and of course Stevie still.. But they need to show it over the whole season, We need to be less predictable as an attacking force.

I totally agree P.D. we have got to get back to the idea of all the midfielders and even defenders being capable of putting the ball in the net.By the net I mean the opposition net.It is too easy these days for opposing teams to nail Luis Suarez knowing full well that the chances of any other threats to their goal are virtually nil.

Luis's record is actually decent (around 25 in 60?)... But he is the focus right now, Torres used to be the focus but there were more than him getting goals, if others were helping take that pressure from Luis I'd gamble that his record would be even better..

Quick Reply