Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool 1-3 Swansea: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 42915 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Swansea (LC Rd 4)
      Reply #552: Oct 31, 2012 11:01:15 pm
      We ave the resources to match anyone said Werner,as Sigurdson & Dempsey F**k off to Spurs.

BR turned down Sigurdsson and said he wasn't worth the wages he asked - that was all on BR. Unless you want to rewrite history to blame the owners for that as well

#blamefsg
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #553: Oct 31, 2012 11:02:16 pm
      Oh Christ can we change the f**king record, why is every f**king thread turned in to a debate about the owners?

It has its own pissing thread that goes round in roundabouts day after day, can we not bring that sh*t in to match topics?

Just back from the game, thankfully. Just a lackluster performance, really dissapointed in some of those players out their today.
      But tonights game is all about our present ambitions and ownership its very relevant we have just been beaten by Swansea a team that our manager formely managed but he could not beat them at home.
      It is more about where we are as a club.
      Swansea have probably spent a 1/10th we have and despite the fact that we have their former manager they beat us at ANFIELD its worthy of discussion and also worthy of getting very angry.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #554: Oct 31, 2012 11:02:36 pm

We are a bigger mess on the pitch now then we were ever under Hicks and Gillette

And, in part, that's due to Hodgson, Dalglish and Comolli, no matter how much you want to lay it all at the feet of FSG.  Note I say in part, before you go off on one saying I haven't said the owners, they have some share as well.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #555: Oct 31, 2012 11:03:44 pm
      No Liverpool is what is important not FSG like it is for you. Your coming across as a bigger FSG fan

I have been supporting my club for 30 years now going to the game week in week out - I'm not going to allow some snivelling little child start to question my support ! I have been all over the world supporting my club so don't you dare question who I support.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #556: Oct 31, 2012 11:06:39 pm
      Oh Christ can we change the f**king record, why is every f**king thread turned in to a debate about the owners?

It has its own pissing thread that goes round in roundabouts with the same people debating the same points day after day, can we not bring that sh*t in to match topics?

Just back from the game, thankfully. Just a lackluster performance, really dissapointed in some of those players out their today.

I didn't agree with some of his choices tonight

Henderson at RB - we have some highly rated players in Smith and McLaughlin who should have been given a go

That would allow Henderson to move into the middle and rest Allen

Cole shouldn't be near the pitch - Ngoo should be involved as well as Pacheco
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #557: Oct 31, 2012 11:07:02 pm
      I have been supporting my club for 30 years now going to the game week in week out - I'm not going to allow some snivelling little child start to question my support ! I have been all over the works supporting my club so don't you dare question who I support.

Your not doing yourself any favours on here your defending FSG no matter what they've done. And again I'm 31 and I dont have the flu
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #558: Oct 31, 2012 11:07:25 pm
      I have been supporting my club for 30 years now going to the game week in week out - I'm not going to allow some snivelling little child start to question my support ! I have been all over the works supporting my club so don't you dare question who I support.
      You do defend FSG very regularily and as someone who was brought up near the ground and has been a visitor to Anfield for closer to 50 years than 40 I would say this club is as far removed from Shankly's vision now as it has ever been.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #559: Oct 31, 2012 11:09:43 pm
      Your not doing yourself any favours on here your defending FSG no matter what they've done. And again I'm 31 and I dont have the flu

;D
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #560: Oct 31, 2012 11:10:18 pm

It has its own pissing thread that goes round in roundabouts with the same people debating the same points day after day, can we not bring that sh*t in to match topics?

That fell on deaf ears.  :roll:
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #561: Oct 31, 2012 11:12:13 pm
      Your not doing yourself any favours on here your defending FSG no matter what they've done. And again I'm 31.

I will defend anyone involved in the club when I feel they are being harshly treated by people - I grew up believing that the club got behind everyone and stuck together when we needed to do and acted as one. It's what made us special. It's a shame that's been spoilt in recent years by spoilt people who think they can make demands on people.

Every chance you get it's straight onto to attack the owners ! I surprised you haven't blamed them for the storm in New York. Sick of seeing the constant critisism by you when as supporters they need the fans to get behind what they are trying to achieve.

A couple of ex managers would be disgusted at the attitude of some of our fans currently and the way they turn on people involved in the club.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #562: Oct 31, 2012 11:12:22 pm
      You do defend FSG very regularily and as someone who was brought up near the ground and has been a visitor to Anfield for closer to 50 years than 40 I would say this club is as far removed from Shankly's vision now as it has ever been.

The reason things have changed Walton?  I'd hazard one reason is we have a generation of fans now, who haven't seen us win the title and that affects the mentality of those supporters.  Nigh on 23 years without our bread and butter, you'd think it'd leave you hungry wouldn't you.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #563: Oct 31, 2012 11:14:19 pm
      And, in part, that's due to Hodgson, Dalglish and Comolli, no matter how much you want to lay it all at the feet of FSG.  Note I say in part, before you go off on one saying I haven't said the owners, they have some share as well.

This, a hundred times this.

Besides, this match showed us only what we already know - we do not have the depth of squad to compete on four fronts. This was the least desirable of all the competitions we'll be in this year. The Premier League is our priority, not the League, FA or Europa Cups and in the league our first team has been playing well and if not for dodgy refereeing we would have at least another six points this season and sat just one point off 4th place. So let's not create a storm in a tea cup just because we got knocked out of a competition that by all rights, should be scrapped so that the number of games we play is more in-line with the rest of Europe.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #564: Oct 31, 2012 11:15:00 pm

Shankly's vision never involved the fans slating people at the club

Shanks vision involved the club being together as one against the rest of the world

Seige mentality

It's a shame it seems people just want to concentrate on crucifying the owners on a daily basis - fantastic to see - and the reason it seems is because they are splashing the cash to the levels of some people expectations - ie greed.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #565: Oct 31, 2012 11:16:57 pm
      The reason things have changed Walton?  I'd hazard one reason is we have a generation of fans now, who haven't seen us win the title and that affects the mentality of those supporters.  Nigh on 23 years without our bread and butter, you'd think it'd leave you hungry wouldn't you.

And they see teams like Chelsea and City arrive - spend half a billion in a couple years and win the title - the green eyes come shining through and it's the only way to win

No one is willing to try a different way - it's all about splashing the money
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #566: Oct 31, 2012 11:17:01 pm
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #567: Oct 31, 2012 11:17:07 pm
      Because the reason your seeing this is the owners

We had a strong enough squad of players to beat Swansea City at home tonight.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #568: Oct 31, 2012 11:17:36 pm
      Shankly believed that everyone who went to the game was as important as any player and I believed that.
      When I went on the Kop I thought I had a job to do along with 20,000+ others.
      Now it is a very different ground not many Dockers in their tonight.But under Rafa the atmoshpere had returned and can anyone honestly say Anfield had been louder than against Chelsea in 2005.
      It is still there but FSG have not coneected with the Fans and it may be old fashioned but some of us still believe that we need to be in it  together and FSG being 6000 miles away are not only that distance from us but spiritually they are on a different planet
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #569: Oct 31, 2012 11:17:39 pm
      Just to try and get back to the game, as much as I want to forget it very little went well for us.

Allen had possibly his worst game for us, Shelvey was playing too deep to allow Cole to stand in his space as he sure hell didn't play any football there.

Downing had a decent first half but was as s***e as ever second half, Assaidi was ineffective as was Yesil and therefore our whole attacking three were pretty much useless.

Henderson I thought did OK but I wouldn't have played him thereas I think he has been very good in CM in the cup games and I would have brought Wisdom on Half time, moved him in to midfield with Allen and shifted Jonjo further forward.

All in all a pretty poor performamce and we got what we deserved.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #570: Oct 31, 2012 11:19:19 pm
      Shankly's vision never involved the fans slating people at the club

Shanks vision involved the club being together as one against the rest of the world

Seige mentality

It's a shame it seems people just want to concentrate on crucifying the owners on a daily basis - fantastic to see - and the reason it seems is because they are splashing the cash to the levels of some people expectations - ie greed.
      You really need to post this to the owners as they are the outsiders in this where they there tonight?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #571: Oct 31, 2012 11:21:30 pm
      The owners were over in the states ! Did you want them to fly through a hurricane to watch the game ?

They have other interests as well us. Werner was there on Sunday and could have been there tonight.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #572: Oct 31, 2012 11:22:00 pm
      Jones motm for me tonight. He kept us in it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #573: Oct 31, 2012 11:22:32 pm
      2005 and 2007 are just behind us even though we didnt win the latter we were number one in Europe just a few years ago. A lot of people speak of this club as a a basket case when even last year we won a trophy and got to the FA Cup final .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #574: Oct 31, 2012 11:23:48 pm
      The owners were over in the states ! Did you want them to fly through a hurricane to watch the game ?

They have other interests as well us. Werner was there on Sunday and could have been there tonight.
      So was Boston Airport closed then.

Quick Reply