Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Brad Jones
      12 (10.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      61 (53%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (2.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      28 (24.3%)
      Someone else
      11 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2012 07:11:46 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?

Read 41569 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #621: Nov 11, 2012 06:38:03 pm

Click on your posts and have a look, not your slave. You come out and said someone talks sh*t. In my opinion, that is rich coming from you.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #622: Nov 11, 2012 06:38:37 pm
      It just shows a lack of support for the team

It's giving up and the looking for blame - its pathetic really.

We all call players sh*t or say they are playing sh*t and be critical etc but we still get behind the players and urge them to improve etc.

This won't go down well but it seems some just wait for us to lose so that the blame game can start all over again.

So pull them up for it at the time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #623: Nov 11, 2012 06:38:58 pm
      Yeah I know - positive thinking though - not going to think about that and going to get through to Jan with him ripping up the prem.

Oh I'm as positive as anyone mate but it's still a bit unsettling to think where we might be if Luis was out for whatever reason.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #624: Nov 11, 2012 06:39:34 pm
      It just shows a lack of support for the team

It's giving up and the looking for blame - its pathetic really.

We all call players sh*t or say they are playing sh*t and be critical etc but we still get behind the players and urge them to improve etc.

This won't go down well but it seems some just wait for us to lose so that the blame game can start all over again.

Some people are just jumping from thread to thread looking for things to suit their agendas. Getting a bit much now.
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #625: Nov 11, 2012 06:39:40 pm
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #626: Nov 11, 2012 06:39:56 pm
      So pull them up for it at the time.

I did and then was called a "superfan" and accepting mediocrity - just for showing support.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #627: Nov 11, 2012 06:40:11 pm
      Seriously... Where would be without Suarez? We have the genius...

You could pick holes in most teams if you take out their best players...

We need more like him but at the end of the day.... HES DOING WHAT HES PAID SO MUCH MONEY FOR...and exactly what we bought him for!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #628: Nov 11, 2012 06:40:36 pm

Nine league games and all in theory winnable so we have to make the most of it.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #629: Nov 11, 2012 06:41:06 pm
      Agreed. I can't remember the last time we gave the ball away so much or so cheaply as we did today. As for Brad Jones, he's a decent shot stopper but neither his judgement nor his ability to come out of goal under pressure fill me with any confidence. Sooner Pepe is back the better.

Bottom of the table with 2 points is where we'd be without his goals this season. Frightening.

It is indeed frightening , let's hope our owners think the same way , we cannot expect Luis to shoulder the whole burden for scoring ALL season.
      We are so fortunate to have Suarez , I hope we can keep him for years to come . Just love him !
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #630: Nov 11, 2012 06:41:29 pm
      Oh I'm as positive as anyone mate but it's still a bit unsettling to think where we might be if Luis was out for whatever reason.

Stop saying it !! Fingers in the ears !! La la la

It is very unsettling - he has had such sh*t luck over the last 12 months I'm hoping Karma strikes in a positive way
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #631: Nov 11, 2012 06:42:37 pm
      What expectation? Or teams we should beat? I think the latter... was a problem last season and I think we will beat the majority of our next 10 matches...

I agree with this.  We have a more skillful side this season, and we look more capable of to breaking down some of the teams like Wigan, Swansea, West Ham, etc due to the style of our play.  We also have some very good players coming back from injury in the next couple weeks!!  Reina and Lucas should both be back in the very near future and they will help us immensely! 

I really have a good feeling about our ability to pick up several league wins over the next 9/10 weeks ----- as long as Suarez stays fit :(  This is our biggest concern and it needs to be addressed in January!!  I am hopeful that we can put ourselves into a good enough league position heading into January that it will persuade the owners to back Rodgers (heavily) in the market to push for 4th THIS season :)

Not saying I'm expecting it, but I am keeping optimistic about our chances   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #632: Nov 11, 2012 06:42:47 pm

Nice one. I've posted the fixtures in another thread aswell. Big chance to get some points on the bored between now and then.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #633: Nov 11, 2012 06:45:31 pm
      I agree with this.  We have a more skillful side this season, and we look more capable of to breaking down some of the teams like Wigan, Swansea, West Ham, etc due to the style of our play.  We also have some very good players coming back from injury in the next couple weeks!!  Reina and Lucas should both be back in the very near future and they will help us immensely! 

I really have a good feeling about our ability to pick up several league wins over the next 9/10 weeks ----- as long as Suarez stays fit :(  This is our biggest concern and it needs to be addressed in January!!  I am hopeful that we can put ourselves into a good enough league position heading into January that it will persuade the owners to back Rodgers (heavily) in the market to push for 4th THIS season :)

Not saying I'm expecting it, but I am keeping optimistic about our chances   :kop5cf8koxp6:

It also shows prospective players who we are trying to entice that we are going in the right direction... You can have all the money in the world but great players wont go to teams who cant compete...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #634: Nov 11, 2012 06:48:43 pm
      Click on your posts and have a look, not your slave. You come out and said someone talks sh*t. In my opinion, that is rich coming from you.

dont make bold statewments and not back them up then.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #635: Nov 11, 2012 06:50:13 pm
      Not as impressed with Enrique as some, I thought some of his decision making & distribution was still sub-par.  Thought Suso was key to our comeback.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #636: Nov 11, 2012 06:50:40 pm
      so so much better now come you REDS
      Terribly negative posting eh.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #637: Nov 11, 2012 06:52:15 pm
      Not as impressed with Enrique as some, I thought some of his decision making & distribution was still sub-par.  Thought Suso was key to our comeback.

I thought he was terrible first half but excellent second.

Agree on Suso though.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #638: Nov 11, 2012 06:54:29 pm
      This season looks like the season we will drop less point against the premiership 20 fillers. We have been on the receiving end of poor refereeing this season otherwise, we should be way up there right now.

Thing are looking up guys.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #639: Nov 11, 2012 06:55:09 pm
      Nice one. I've posted the fixtures in another thread aswell. Big chance to get some points on the bored between now and then.

On the board even. Heavy night last night.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #640: Nov 11, 2012 06:55:16 pm

Agreed Rodders, compared to what we had back there when Enrique took over he looks like a world class player, honestly though I don't think he is the sharpest tool in the shed football wise.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #641: Nov 11, 2012 06:56:11 pm
      I thought he was terrible first half but excellent second.

Agree on Suso though.

Enrique was the game's MOTM
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #642: Nov 11, 2012 06:57:52 pm
      He was and it was deserved becuase he put in a great shift up and down the line .He also seems to be getting a good understanding of where Luis wants the ball played.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #643: Nov 11, 2012 06:59:04 pm

In your opinion and might even be mine when I've made my mind up.

Still think he was poor first half.

Just my thoughts if that's ok with you.

Dear oh dear.

Quick Reply