Coherence... please?

Read 7489 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Coherence... please?
      Reply #46: Nov 16, 2012 04:29:28 pm

Id be disapointed if anyone mutters the sack word.

Mutter mutter prowess mutter mutter sack.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #47: Nov 16, 2012 04:29:53 pm
      Good points mate..

I think you can only answer that one yourself.. Look yourself in the mirror and ask if you would do that or not.

I personally wouldnt, i can guarentee you that you wouldnt hear me call for the managers head. If he was given decent funds to strengthen and a couple of those signings didnt work out immediately i wouldnt want him sacked for that, i want him to persist with those players to try to make it work. Some players need longer than a season as well, especially at a club like ours..

With great power comes great responsibility..

That saying applies to this football club from top to bottom.. From the owners through the manager to the supporters..
      The owners have the responsibilty to make the right decisions and in my opinion to now back their man to the hilt, and not panic if it doesnt happen over night.
      The manager has the responsibility to move the club forward, all playing aspects are in his control.
      We have the responsibility to back the manager and his team.. If we put added pressure on either then it makes the job harder for all concerned. We are supporters... Lets do as it says on the tin eh?..

Everybody connected to the club wants it to be successful..

Lets do our bit.

I loved Rafa, i didnt want him gone. But he has

I loved Kenny, i didnt want him gone. But he has

Brendan deserves our support, hell he needs it.

Good post.

I would be more than disappointed ! I would be disgusted.

The worst thing is I'm expecting it to happen :(
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #48: Nov 16, 2012 04:30:33 pm

:laugh:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #49: Nov 16, 2012 04:34:30 pm
      Especially when English isn't his first language.

He is a top fella as well..

Dont forget he came all the way from Brazil to watch Accrington Stanley
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #50: Nov 16, 2012 04:35:03 pm
      He is a top fella as well..

Dont forget he came all the way from Brazil to watch Accrington Stanley

Blimey !! That's outstanding
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #51: Nov 16, 2012 04:35:39 pm

:D

I knew you'd be the first
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #52: Nov 16, 2012 04:45:59 pm
      I think you can only answer that one yourself.. Look yourself in the mirror and ask if you would do that or not.

Sick of replacing the fuckers.

Brendan deserves our support, hell he needs it.

Without doubt he deserves our support but I think you'll find that if its not going too well come the end of February(ish) you might be disappointed.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,41942.msg1185577.html#msg1185577
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: Nov 16, 2012 04:49:43 pm

That's what she said. Oh wait... :laugh:
      You'd be let down if I didn't. I said.

Well my weekend is arriving.
      Enjoy.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #54: Nov 16, 2012 04:52:29 pm
      Sick of replacing the fuckers.

Without doubt he deserves our support but I think you'll find that if its not going too well come the end of February(ish) you might be disappointed.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,41942.msg1185577.html#msg1185577

That is brilliant

Lots of respect to Diego
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #55: Nov 16, 2012 04:56:34 pm
      Maybe "Balance and Objectivity" would have summed your point up better.
      Nothing wrong with Coherence, just if it needed clarity.

Cohesion possibly? By the by really considering what an excellent topic it proves to be.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #56: Nov 16, 2012 04:58:03 pm
      Did not want him gone (Kenny), sorry he was let go. Swore over and over again that FSG would let him see out his contract and then they turned around and canned him.

Brendan is the manager now and I support him the way I supported Kenny.

The only thing that is nerve wracking at times is the fact that despite the fact that it was wrong to sack him (we all agree on that btw) 6 months later we can't let go and it needs to be a major topic if discussion every day when we have already discussed it in every way/shape/form for 6 months.

Just like if you go into the Rafa thread and the those that wait for him to return to LFC as soon as these owners (who can't handle Rafa evidently) leave and he can be reinstalled to the throne. I have nothing against Rafa (before my time) but in my mind sly little innuendos like that are an insult to the current manager.

Many things happen in the world and in our personal lives that we find distasteful and offensive, at some point and time though things have to be let go of or we can't do anything but stay in one place. That's where I am now, I don't care to argue about ownership or Andy Carroll or Charlie Adam; I am on Brendan Rodgers train until it reaches the station or he crashes it.

End of my rant.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #57: Nov 16, 2012 05:07:11 pm

The only thing that is nerve wracking at times is the fact that despite the fact that it was wrong to sack him (we all agree on that btw) 6 months later we can't let go and it needs to be a major topic if discussion every day when we have already discussed it in every way/shape/form for 6 months.

This is probably nail on head time Az..

Where it gets thrown around about people not supporting the new manager or not letting it go..

Most people agree that it was wrong to sack him.. Yes.

A high percentage can accept that it was wrong but move on but the fact its Kenny makes it difficult to leave it when you see people bad mouth him.. Had it been another manager, we would still agree it was wrong but they wouldnt hold the same affection as Kenny does.

So yes we can accept Kenny is sacked but we still feel a debt and oweing to him to stand by him as its Kenny

But just because some still argue his point doesnt mean they dont support Brendan and want him to be a success and accept that we have moved on as a club... We still fight for Kenny, because he is Kenny.... And he would fight for us
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #58: Nov 16, 2012 05:15:12 pm
      Good.

That wore me out.

The elevated level of debate a page or two back.

I'll put the oxygen mask back then.

;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #59: Nov 16, 2012 05:34:42 pm
      6 months later we can't let go and it needs to be a major topic if discussion every day when we have already discussed it in every way/shape/form for 6 months.

First off I'd like to apologise for initially leaving my post open so that it could be hijacked (like every other thread of late) and then steered into a 'look at me' excercise. That was never my intention and my post, if people had the intelligence to understand was written, was very much on point with the O.P. - i.e. coherence and consistency of approach when "judging" Brendan.

And I would say the mitigating circumstances are even stronger for Rodgers.

And I wouldn't disagree... apart from creating/missing more chances - we don't seem to be doing that as much but I may be wrong.

It is and it brings me back to my point earlier when I alluded to my doubts that a lot of the die hard preachers of longevity would have the same coherence for Rodgers if he spent a load of money in January and then had a poor second half to the season and we finished 15th.

I can only speak for myself wahs but (in keeping with the 'sentiment' of the O.P.) we could postulate what would happen if each 'faction' remained consistent in their approach (If what you've suggested actually were to happen) - let's look at it:

Those, fans,  who thought Kenny should have been given another season to rectify any mistakes: - If 'they' were to remain consistent; would afford Brendan the same luxury.

Those, fans, who wanted rid of Kenny 'because the table doesn't lie/he's not the right man for the job': - If 'they' were to remain consistent; would call for Brendan's head.

Those, fans, who, let's just say, "understood" why Kenny was sacked:  - If 'they' were to remain consistent; would say how wrong it was but would, naturally enough, just accept that FSG have their reasons for sacking Brendan; remain dispassionate as ever and move on to the next rebuild.

FSG: - would, if they were to remain consistent, sack Brendan.

So getting back to my earlier reply - I'm all for consistency (but not from FSG  ;)). Oh and I'd be more than happy if all fans and FSG had a "coherent" approach to the manager: i.e. back and support him.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2012 06:35:25 pm by bad boy bubby »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #60: Nov 16, 2012 05:37:10 pm
      If I get it right Diego by Coherence you mean giving Brenadn the same chance that most of us gave Kenny?

If so I'm not sure many would disagree to be honest and I haven't seen much critiscism of the boss apart from the usual stuff regarding team selections/tactics/fprmations that we normally discuss on here.

I fully agree that 12 games is way to early to make a judgement on how Brendan is doing and his prospects for the future but I also don't think it's realistic njot to have any criticism or doubts about him either.

I have expressed on occasions that I may have a niggling doubt if he is up to the job as while I still feel he has all the attributes to make a successful manager he has little experience of the pressure at a club such as ours and to be honest only time will tell if he is good enough, and it's time he should get by the way as firing him and starting again is not an option as far as I see it.

Having a doubt about the manager does not mean I or anyone else doesn't fully support him.

I was fully behind Kenny last season and will be the same with Brendan this one.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #61: Nov 16, 2012 06:15:18 pm
      It depends on how quickly you are prepared to forget Kenny and his loyalty to this club and all he has done for us and what you believe was the reason for his departure.
      You simply cant pretend everything is rosey because it is not; there is an anger within the club that things are not as they should be off the field never mind on the field.
      Also I dont remember many if any posts calling for Brendans head the confusion lies again within the running of the club.
      If Kenny was sacked for not making top 4 why would you hire another manager and not give him the same targets afterall he inherited the same squad and was allowed to bring in some of his own players so why would anything less than 4th be acceptable.
      there has been a continual chipping away at Kenny's record and his signings Carrol,gone,Adam gone,Downing probably about to go Henderson nowhere to be seen.
      I cannot remember any other time or club where there has been a concerted effort to remove all traces of a former manager from a club so while you have George Lucas who applauds everything FSG do some of us are just not sure what it is they want with us or from us.
      Now another PR disaster sacking the man brought in to improve PR its just gets worse and the more F**k ups they make the more they seem to distance themselves from Anfield .
      Another big moment will come in January when they have the chance to back Brendan but remember what Brendan has said he needs bodies in to add players to the thin squad.That to me says he can't afford to let anyone leave he need additional players coming in so no sell to buy in January.Watch this space.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #62: Nov 16, 2012 06:21:44 pm
      It depends on how quickly you are prepared to forget Kenny and his loyalty to this club and all he has done for us and what you believe was the reason for his departure.
      You simply cant pretend everything is rosey because it is not; there is an anger within the club that things are not as they should be off the field never mind on the field.
      Also I dont remember many if any posts calling for Brendans head the confusion lies again within the running of the club.
      If Kenny was sacked for not making top 4 why would you hire another manager and not give him the same targets afterall he inherited the same squad and was allowed to bring in some of his own players so why would anything less than 4th be acceptable.
      there has been a continual chipping away at Kenny's record and his signings Carrol,gone,Adam gone,Downing probably about to go Henderson nowhere to be seen.
      I cannot remember any other time or club where there has been a concerted effort to remove all traces of a former manager from a club so while you have George Lucas who applauds everything FSG do some of us are just not sure what it is they want with us or from us.
      Now another PR disaster sacking the man brought in to improve PR its just gets worse and the more F**k ups they make the more they seem to distance themselves from Anfield .
      Another big moment will come in January when they have the chance to back Brendan but remember what Brendan has said he needs bodies in to add players to the thin squad.That to me says he can't afford to let anyone leave he need additional players coming in so no sell to buy in January.Watch this space.

It seems you have missed the point of the thread and just regurgitated the same old FSG opinion.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #63: Nov 16, 2012 06:27:34 pm
      It seems you have missed the point of the thread and just regurgitated the same old FSG opinion.
      I'll praise them when they do the right thing unlike you who appear to be a one man supporters club for FSG.Just the sheer volume of your pro FSG posts calls into question your validity or your ability to see anything but good in them.
      As I have said you are one of the I love Kenny ....BUT brigade.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #64: Nov 16, 2012 06:28:32 pm
      I'll praise them when they do the right thing unlike you who appear to be a one man supporters club for FSG.Just the sheer volume of your pro FSG posts calls into question your validity or your ability to see anything but good in them.
      As I have said you are one of the I love Kenny ....BUT brigade.

Yes you have indeed missed the point of the thread.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #65: Nov 16, 2012 06:32:44 pm
      Yes you have indeed missed the point of the thread.
      In your tiny world maybe but I answered it like everyone else and it is not your position to question other people posts its a forum for everyone even you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #66: Nov 16, 2012 07:01:19 pm
      bad boy bubby

First of all, thanks for a very good post at the top of the page.

Would you say that taken overall that there has to be recognition of mitigating factors, especially if people have a rethink about where they stand on certain issues?

Of course some people are never going to change their minds, even if hard cold truth marched up and kicked them in the balls they'd try and find a way to spin it in their favour, depending on their stance, but at the same time, depending on what happens on the field and off, up to and including next summers transfer window events may conspire to change a reasonable persons view.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #67: Nov 16, 2012 07:59:33 pm
      Of course some people are never going to change their minds, even if hard cold truth marched up and kicked them in the balls they'd try and find a way to spin it in their favour, depending on their stance, but at the same time, depending on what happens on the field and off, up to and including next summers transfer window events may conspire to change a reasonable persons view.

Certainly swab; a reasonable person's mind can always be changed, not only through sensible discussion but also through witnessing, first hand, some positive action. We fans can argue 'til we are blue in the face but the time for words has long gone I'm afraid.
      Would you say that taken overall that there has to be recognition of mitigating factors, especially if people have a rethink about where they stand on certain issues?
      Of course mate... part of my job is to day and daily 'argue' about mitigating factors... I understand their importance fully but we must remember that any understanding has to cut both ways.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #68: Nov 16, 2012 11:25:25 pm
      Grreat thread Diego.That said it now has gone from your intention of coherance to another Kenny thread.
      I might be barking up the proverbial tree.But do the "older" posters on here seem more willing to give BR plenty of time to instill (want for a better word)his style/logic etc.Like any new manager he has to change the players (in and out so it becomes a BR team and not the one Kenny left behind,for obvious reasons.The main one being:If he had a great deal of success without changes.He would have done it with "Kenny's)team.
      I have a really good feeling about Brendan Rodgers and the success he will bring to our club.

Quick Reply