Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Agger
      8 (7.8%)
      Reina
      30 (29.1%)
      Suarez
      7 (6.8%)
      Sterling
      4 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      39 (37.9%)
      Johnson
      11 (10.7%)
      Someone else
      4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2012 04:16:18 pm

Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 29620 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #437: Nov 25, 2012 06:35:51 pm
      Carrol, Hendo, Downing, Allen and Borini for a combined transfer fees of close to a 100 million pounds! How many goals have these players scored since joining Liverpool. Any wonder why we are not winning many games in the past one and half seasons.

Not sure why you lump Allen in there as he isn't exactly known for his goal scoring

Borini has been injured and only played a handful of games

Henderson also isn't a goal scorer

Carroll yes didnt score enough and also Downing hasnt scored enough

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #438: Nov 25, 2012 06:45:37 pm
      Enrique's effort just proven onside, to be fair to the linesman I thought he'd made a great decision at the time so it was a tough one. Any doubt should always go with the attacker that's for sure though. That's a costly decision (of course nobody knows what would of happened after it).
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #439: Nov 25, 2012 06:48:24 pm
      Brendan Rodgers say he is satisfied with that result.

Methinks he got the job to lower Liverpool's expectations in line with his and FSG's.

This is MADNESS.

Creeping up slowly.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #440: Nov 25, 2012 06:48:50 pm
      Carrol, Hendo, Downing, Allen and Borini for a combined transfer fees of close to a 100 million pounds! How many goals have these players scored since joining Liverpool. Any wonder why we are not winning many games in the past one and half seasons.

Allen is a distribution player so you don't expect goals from him. Borini came from the Italian league, one that's considerably different to ours and only played a few games before getting injured. Time will tell if he can cut it over here. Carroll isn't even scoring for West Ham which justifies the decision to farm him out on loan, Henderson doesn't have a shred of talent - he was an average player in a bad team - and Downing is clearly interested in his pay check and not a lot else. The sooner we get rid of the latter three the better.
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #441: Nov 25, 2012 06:49:06 pm
      Not sure why you lump Allen in there as he isn't exactly known for his goal scoring

Borini has been injured and only played a handful of games

Henderson also isn't a goal scorer

Carroll yes didnt score enough and also Downing hasnt scored enough

My point is apart from Suarez and Gerrard, the other strikers are not scoring enough and midfielders are not chipping in with the odd goals when the games are tight.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #442: Nov 25, 2012 06:52:08 pm

Methinks he got the job to lower Liverpool's expectations in line with his and FSG's.

This is MADNESS.

Creeping up slowly.

Well it's a step up from last season when we lost there.

Our expectations should have been reduced anyway over the last couple of seasons.

BR got the job to build us back up from where we had dropped too.

That will take time.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #443: Nov 25, 2012 06:53:33 pm
      My point is apart from Suarez and Gerrard, the other strikers are not scoring enough and midfielders are not chipping in with the odd goals when the games are tight.

Well Gerrard isn't himself ripping up the scoring charts

Yes we do need goals from other areas but Borini has been injured ? And Allen isn't that type of player.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #444: Nov 25, 2012 06:56:19 pm

This is MADNESS.

Creeping up slowly.
      Exactly Skip, BR is very reluctant to make any comment that would show the owners in a bad light, that includes making demands of them that would entail the hand in the pocket scenario.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #445: Nov 25, 2012 07:06:31 pm
      Make no mistake - the game against Tottenham will be a real challenge. We needed to win today.
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #446: Nov 25, 2012 07:07:14 pm
      Exactly Skip, BR is very reluctant to make any comment that would show the owners in a bad light, that includes making demands of them that would entail the hand in the pocket scenario.

Exactly, the road to mid-table mediocrity is the new reality, FSG is satisfied with BR and BR is satisfied with the team and team is satisfied with its mediocre performance.
      insua22
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #447: Nov 25, 2012 07:10:52 pm
      I can't understand why Shelvey doesn't start. Also, when Lucas is back, for me Allen can drop out. Shelvey-Lucas-Stevie for me in the middle.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #448: Nov 25, 2012 07:12:43 pm
      The old saying that the table doesn't lie is very apt. We are mid table at best.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #449: Nov 25, 2012 07:14:00 pm
      Joe Allen hasn't set the world on fire and gave the ball away a lot today when Lucas is fit and playing who is going to make way for him.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #450: Nov 25, 2012 07:16:52 pm
      Joe Allen hasn't set the world on fire and gave the ball away a lot today when Lucas is fit and playing who is going to make way for him.

But Joe Allen was fantastic at the beginning of the season and his performances were lauded on here. He's just out of form at the moment.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #451: Nov 25, 2012 07:20:32 pm

Have to disagree with you Stuey, very harsh on Brendan what 12 games in?

What would you like him to say?  I am not satisfied, my England International and Team Captain Steven Gerrard is sh*te and can't be arsed to put a shift in, I got a 17 year old starting in front and I am stuck withe the likes of Henderson, Downing, Cole and one striker...etc...etc...et c.

Just as soon myself if he is going to light a fire into the playes he does it inside the club house and not in the press.

Came on this board 2 years ago and people wanted more than anything to keep our business inside the club, now we want to air our issues to a post-match presser?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #452: Nov 25, 2012 07:21:31 pm
      But Joe Allen was fantastic at the beginning of the season and his performances were lauded on here. He's just out of form at the moment.

He is playing in Lucas's role, I have far more issues with the Captain the last 3 matches then with Allen tbh.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #453: Nov 25, 2012 07:24:20 pm
      Have to disagree with you Stuey, very harsh on Brendan what 12 games in?

What would you like him to say?  I am not satisfied, my England International and Team Captain Steven Gerrard is sh*te and can't be arsed to put a shift in, I got a 17 year old starting in front and I am stuck withe the likes of Henderson, Downing, Cole and one striker...etc...etc...et c.

Just as soon myself if he is going to light a fire into the playes he does it inside the club house and not in the press.

Came on this board 2 years ago and people wanted more than anything to keep our business inside the club, now we want to air our issues to a post-match presser?

Agree with this, would rather Brendan said less at the moment, what happens on the pitch speaks volumes about what's happening behind the scenes and that's why Gerrard's attitude is more of a worry than anything else, completely agree with you on that.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #454: Nov 25, 2012 07:28:19 pm
      Agree with this, would rather Brendan said less at the moment, what happens on the pitch speaks volumes about what's happening behind the scenes and that's why Gerrard's attitude is more of a worry than anything else, completely agree with you on that.

All he is doing by saying we are improving is to keep his squads spirits up. To be fair once again we were the better squad and did not get the 3 points, its been a consistent theme this season and Brendan is walking a fine line between keeping morale up or losing them all together.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3954 
      Reply #455: Nov 25, 2012 07:34:13 pm
      All he is doing by saying we are improving is to keep his squads spirits up. To be fair once again we were the better squad and did not get the 3 points, its been a consistent theme this season and Brendan is walking a fine line between keeping morale up or losing them all together.
      I also get the impression Erik that Brendan is endeavouring to keep some flak off the owners, I hope his loyalty is justified.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #456: Nov 25, 2012 07:38:51 pm
      Exactly, the road to mid-table mediocrity is the new reality, FSG is satisfied with BR and BR is satisfied with the team and team is satisfied with its mediocre performance.

Exactimundo
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #457: Nov 25, 2012 07:42:11 pm
      ^ Agreed with AZ.

imo, this game might turn our way if only one or two things happen
      1. Shelvey start instead of Henderson. We lack attacking instinct from central midfield which can help us win this game, and Shelvey has a it not from Henderson or Allen.

2. One of our three central midfielders must assigned as attacking midfield (especially Gerrard - I know I say this thing too often). I don't think any of SG, Allen or Hendo do "attack" tonight, or were assign to do so. They stay flat deep nothing support attacking force, no pressing around opponent box, no everything the creative attacking midfield must do. I believe it's BR's tactic wrong.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #458: Nov 25, 2012 07:44:06 pm
      Why does it always have to go back to the owners - we got a draw today as opposed to a defeat that we got last year there.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #459: Nov 25, 2012 07:46:08 pm
      Need to convert draws into wins if we are to push up into the top half of the table.Difficult game coming up at White Hart lane in mid week. Stevie does seem out of sorts to my mind. Thought Enrique was man of the match today.

Quick Reply