Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How will the Redmen do against the Villa?

Another win?
      92 (96.8%)
      Close Draw?
      3 (3.2%)
      Lose?
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Pre Match: Liverpool v Aston Villa (15-12-12, 15:00 KO)

Read 11578 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Aston Villa (15-12-12, 15:00 KO)
      Dec 11, 2012 03:04:37 pm

Coming off the back of a character building win at Upton Park on Sunday we host Aston Villa at home in a rarity for us, a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off.

The win at West Ham is being described by many as a turning point for our season and the moment when we will kick on to challenge the upper tier of the table. But that is entirely in our own hands and failure to get a result here will mean recent efforts have been in vain.

A win for us could potentially put us up to 7th

We are in better form than Villa coming in to this with 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in our last 6 league games. Villa on the other hand come to Anfield with 1 win in their last 6, 2 losses and 3 draws. They managed to hold Arsenal to a draw at home but they also got hammered 5-0 by City away. They're not travelling well this season with just one away win and one draw so far in the league.

Arsenal and Manchester United are the only teams to get all 3 points at Anfield this season and only 2 teams have kept clean sheets at Anfield (Arsenal and Stoke).

Last season this match ended in a 1-1 draw after Villa opened the scoring. We were the better team that day but just didn't have our scoring boots on. Suarez managed to get one back in the last 10 mins for us. However in the last 5 meetings at Anfield we have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 1. Although in the last 10meetings between both sides at Anfield and Villa Park we have won 50% of the matches, whilst Villa have won only 2 of the last 10.

We're coming into this with back-to-back league wins for the first time this season, add in to that an away win in Italy in the Europa League. We have to be gaining confidence from that and I want to see the team show that. Suarez returning is of course a boost for our attack, Lucas likewise has reinvigorated the midfield, and I think since returning from injury Pepe Reina has put in some quality performances. Villa also have a league cup game against Norwich tonight, Lambert won't want to lose to his old team so I wold expect a strong enough team from him,and that is something we need to be taking advantage of.I want to see this reflected in the way we go at Villa, we're at home, we're finding form, we're gaining confidence, go out and show these exactly who we are and what we mean!

My line up would be;

Subs; Jones, Carragher, Wisdom, Henderson, Shelvey, Cole, Allen

I think it's pretty self explanitory? As far as I know Enrique only had a tightness in his hamstring on Sunday and was taken off as a precaution so should be fine for this. The only real change as such is Sahin in for Allen. I think Allen is looking tired and is making a few more mistakes than usual as of late. A rest won't go astray for him and I think Sahin is better fitted for that role than Shelvey.

For the record I also think Sterling is looking jaded ad could do with a rest but I don't really see any great options to replace him with. I can't see Brendan going with Gerrard as a wide right player with Shelvey heading the mid field. I toyed with the idea of Cole there and I think it would be our best option. But for the time being I think it's better for Raheem to start and we can change it up later on when we have control of the game and the score.

Suso I think would be a better option for this game than Downing,I know he wold be up for playing against his old club but I think Suso would create more problems for them and be more of an attacking threat for us.

I'd like to think that team can go out, perform, and get a result for us against what in all honesty is a weak Villa team. I would go for a 2-0 win, Suarez and Gerrard with the goals.

Apologies if the thread is too soon after the West Ham game, but I'm really looking forward to this one. COYR!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Aston Villa (15-12-12, 15:00 KO)
      Reply #1: Dec 11, 2012 03:13:20 pm
      3-0
      Suarez scoring one
      Sterling one
      Cole scoring one (BTW i predicted cole scoring one last game :D)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Dec 11, 2012 03:14:43 pm
      I hate 3pm Saturday kick-offs!  I work till 5pm so can't follow what's happening  :f_steam:

Would like a nice comfortable win for this one, keep the confidence up and give our goal difference a boost.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #3: Dec 11, 2012 03:26:00 pm
      Would be good to get a early lead and convincing win, but I will take 3 sloppy points from a 1-0. Think these games up until January are vital to us to keep in contention for any hope of Champions league football (only 4 points away dont forget!). Usually I would be worried as we do seem to struggle against some lesser teams, but if you look at our PL wins so far this season (Reading, Southampton, Wigan, West Ham, Norwich) they definitely are games we should be winning, fair enough we should have got results against Sunderland Stoke an Swansea but Im hopefuly we can easily wrap up 3 points on saturday, hope the atmosphere is a little better than the PL games ive been to soo far this season which has been relatively below par.

If Enrique is fit then I expect this...

With a bench of.. Jones, Coates, Carragher, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Cole.

2-0 Win with Suarez and Suso to get his first goal. YNWA !
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2012 03:28:22 pm
      Very good OP :D

Think we will win comfortably 2-0 Henderson and Suarez

Just got a feeling that we have finally turned the corner and the good times are coming

Either that or the christmas spirit(s) are making me delusional  :laugh:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Dec 11, 2012 03:48:10 pm
      I'm predicting this to start off as a scrap, Aston Villa have shown in recent weeks that they also are starting to improve ever so slightly. As the game goes on though I expect chances to arise and our passing game will start to create gaps in their defence and we can then capitalise.

Their previous 4 results:

0-0 at home to Arsenal .. 1-0 win at home to Reading .. 1-1 draw away at QPR .. 0-0 draw at home to Stoke

They clearly haven't got that many goals in them as a team so I can see us keeping a clean sheet and snatching a couple of goals which leads to my prediction of: 2-0.

I wouldn't risk Enrique as a precaution, Wisdom could do with a chance to break back into the team, Sahin deserves a run of games if people like Downing are so called worthy of a chance and i'd like to see some of Suso's trickery against their young full backs.

Reina

Wisdom Agger Skrtel Johnson

Lucas
      Sahin   Gerrard

Sterling       Suso
         Suarez

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Dec 11, 2012 03:54:45 pm
      I'd leave Allen out and put Shelvey in alongside Gerrard and Lucas.

I can't see that Brendan is ever going to do that though.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #7: Dec 11, 2012 04:17:18 pm
      win this go 7th due to Sunday fixtures.Confidence  after last week has got to be high and I expect us to get after them from the whistle.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #8: Dec 11, 2012 04:33:53 pm
      I actually fancy us to put Villa to the sword and hammer the sh*te out them.

7-0 that confident i am.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #9: Dec 11, 2012 04:37:03 pm
      I think Allen, Gerrard, and Sterling could all use a break to freshen up for the flurry of games over the Christmas period.  Also, I think Joe Cole deserves a start after his performance against West Ham.  I'd personally go with:

Pepe
      Johno  Skrtel  Agger  Downing
                      Lucas
               Hendo   Sahin
         Cole    Suarez   Assaidi

Keep it tight and simple in our midfield 3, and have Johnson and Downing providing width in the attack.  Focus on not conceding, and let a fresh Suarez do what he does best and score a goal out of nothing!!

I'm positive that this team can take beat Villa, but have Shelvey and Suso as our first players off the bench if we need to change things up. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #10: Dec 11, 2012 04:48:33 pm

7-0 that confident i am.
      7=0 to go 7th has a certain symmetry to it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #11: Dec 11, 2012 04:50:18 pm
      7=0 to go 7th has a certain symmetry to it.

With a certain number 7 chipping in too with the goals.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #12: Dec 11, 2012 04:51:39 pm
      The West Ham game was like so many before, except this time we scored a few of our chances and went on to win the game.

I'm not treating it as a turning point right now, but if we do start to turn win those types of games more often, I may look back and see that maybe it was the West Ham game that was the turning point.

We have 2 home games coming up with a more or less fully fit squad. We have to win both of them.

For me, City and United are in a 2 horse race for the league, but from 3rd to 7th, it's going to be a real scrap. Chelsea have 29 pts in 3rd, Everton and Spurs have 26 in 4th and 5th, Arsenal have 24pts in 7th, and We have 22pts in 10th. West Brom, Swansea and Stoke won't still be there come the end of the season.

Mini target now: Win the next 2 home games and move onto 28pts. In the next 2 games, Everton travel to Stoke and then West Ham. 2 tough games and I hope they take less then 3 points from those 2 games. Arsenal also play away twice to Reading and Wigan. Any points dropped there and we can catch them. Spurs have Stoke and Swansea, so at the very least, if we win our next 2 games we're guaranteed to move up the table.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #13: Dec 11, 2012 05:45:45 pm
      With a certain number 7 chipping in too with the goals.
      scoring his first in the 7th minute and our 7th in the 70th min
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #14: Dec 11, 2012 05:52:12 pm
      What I would like to see

Reina

Johnson
      Agger
      Skrtel
      Enrique

Lucas
      Sahin
      Gerrard

Sterling
      Suarez
      Shelvey

Subs:Jones,Coates,Downing,Allen,Cole,Suso,Assaidi

I would love to see Assaidi get some game time.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #15: Dec 11, 2012 06:42:05 pm
      Aston Villa haven't got going this season, so no excuses not to win this. I would expect a comfortable home win.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #16: Dec 11, 2012 07:14:22 pm

Same team that beat West Ham bar the obvious return of our goal machine to the starting line up. Two home games coming up, lets make them count!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #17: Dec 11, 2012 08:32:46 pm
      Villa currently playing in the League Cup with a relatively strong team, currently drawing. Wouldn't mind them losing a demoralizing shoot-out.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #18: Dec 11, 2012 08:47:33 pm
      Villa currently playing in the League Cup with a relatively strong team, currently drawing. Wouldn't mind them losing a demoralizing shoot-out.

Aye, that wouldn't do us any harm at all.  ;)
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #19: Dec 11, 2012 09:14:45 pm
      Great OP The Kopite91!

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've been really pleased with our performances lately and can see us thumping Villa on Saturday.

I'd expect this side to play:

--------------------Reina--------------------

--Johnson---Skrtel------Agger---Enrique--

--------------------Lucas---------------------

---------Gerrard-----------Allen------------

--Sterling------------------------Downing--

-------------------Suarez--------------------

Subs; Jones; Carragher; Henderson, Shelvey, Suso, Cole, Assaidi.

I'd go with the same team as against West Ham, apart from Suarez coming in for Shelvey. Apparently Enrique was taken off on Sunday as a precaution, so I'd expect him to be ok. If he's not fit enough I'd like to see Downing shift to left back and I would put Assaidi on the left for some pace.

I would like to see Henderson start ahead of Allen, who's looked tired in recent games. But that may distrupt the form of the midfield three.

Can't wait for this one to come, I'm gonna go for a 5-0 win with Suarez grabbing 3 and both Shelvey and Assaidi scoring from the bench.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #20: Dec 11, 2012 10:42:34 pm

7-0 that confident i am.

man would I love to see that. especially to somewhat make up for last time Villa came to Anfield. was a dire 1-1 draw.

I agree though. think we will mow through them. LFC are climbing the table!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Dec 12, 2012 12:01:48 am
      Superb opening post from Kopite 91, well deserved of a plus too   :gt-happyup:

Looking forward to the match as I always do, and it will be a special one this weekend, as some of you may know, a group of Liverpool Supporters are walking 96 miles for the 96, from Sheffields Hillsborough Stadium to Anfield, taking in several grounds on the way....here's a article from the Echo.....http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/hillsborough/hillsborough-news/2012/12/08/liverpool-fc-fans-gear-up-for-reds-rose-walk-in-memory-of-the-hillsborough-96-100252-32385468/

A few of my friends are doing this, anyone who wants to support them can do so here.....http://www.fromthekop.com/

Anyway I will be at Anfield on Saturday supporting the lads as usual, at least I've got my voice back now, so I can cheer loud and proud.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2012 01:53:44 am
      Let's remain confident but not overly confident. I'll take a 2-0 score in our favor anytime. Villa has improved steadily over the last few games and they can play some decent football on a particular day, just that they tend to concede as many or more goals than they scored.

I begin to enjoy the way we play against West Ham. We were unpredictable and everyone is having a go at their defence and it's difficult for the opposition to guess what we're going to do next. I don't mind seeing BR employs the same tactics and not over rely on Suarez. In that game against the Hammers, the lads were perhaps given the license to roam and express themselves and I hope to seee more of that instead of the regimented side and back passes.

So, Johnson, Jonjo and Cole have scored apart from Suarez. Can the rest of the lads pls stand - up and be counted to do the same? I'd be delighted.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2012 02:01:15 am
      If Enrique is fit then I expect this...

That's about the strongest team we can field right now so yeah, I'd expect this to be the one that's picked, unless Enrique's hammy is still acting up.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2012 05:10:47 am
                                  Reina
      Johnson     Skrtel       Agger       Enrique

Lucas
                                  Gerrard
                  Shelvey
      Sterling        Suarez           Assaidi or Suso

Still can't understand why we signed Assaidi? I'm not questioning his talent... but why doesn't he play!? He's much better than Cole and Downing.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2012 09:27:24 am
      we are at home we will get the three points
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2012 10:02:05 am
      Random stat - Last seasons meeting with Villa at Anfield was the last game in the Premier League we managed to get 70% possession.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2012 10:07:34 am
      Its Good to read the poll as a posotive for a change.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2012 10:44:55 am

Exactly. Hope the players shows the same confidence and fight.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2012 10:46:04 am
      How come i got a %) when i quoted shabs  ;D :o
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2012 10:54:45 am
      What's the word on Enrique, was it just tightness he felt or was it the hamstring?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2012 11:40:47 am
      It is odd to think that, as Kopite91 said, a win against West Ham is a turning point. It is seen by many as a "turning point" as it is the first time we have won 2 consecutively in the league. I know you can harp on all you like about the past but it is mad to think that these things would have been taken for granted only a few years back.

I don't mean to sound like I am taking anything away from Brendan, I was delighted with the result against West Ham, a game I actually expected us to struggle in. For some reason, however, I think this next game will go a long way to symbolise a lot. Liverpool FC of recent years has always had the same problem....losing when expected to win. I don't know what it is but we just seem to have issues with it.

Villa got a good result, albeit in the League Cup, against Norwich. I don't often say this about other teams, as I believe there are no easy games in the Premiership, but Villa really are a sh*t team. They may have given United a good run for their money a few weeks back but this is a game that I would would be extremely disappointed to lose. A home game against an average team, after winning 2 on the bounce, 3 if you include Europa League. We have to approach this game with real determination and fight. Villa are the sort of team who will go to Anfield, defend as if their life depends on it and try and nick a counter-attacking goal. The only way to avoid that happening is by taking our chances and be awake to any potential threat. The team have to be switched on for the whole 90 minutes, nothing less.

I think the team, with most games, fairly pick itself. I believe the XI that Kopite91 has selected will be the choice. That said, maybe Brendan will choose to leave Shelvey in, playing a more attacking midfield role with Suarez ahead of him. Thought Jonjo's performance on Sunday was excellent and he really showed his main attributes: strength, skill and an eye for goal. Brendan has a difficult choice to make.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #32: Dec 12, 2012 12:47:58 pm
      It is odd to think that, as Kopite91 said, a win against West Ham is a turning point. It is seen by many as a "turning point" as it is the first time we have won 2 consecutively in the league. I know you can harp on all you like about the past but it is mad to think that these things would have been taken for granted only a few years back.

I don't mean to sound like I am taking anything away from Brendan, I was delighted with the result against West Ham, a game I actually expected us to struggle in. For some reason, however, I think this next game will go a long way to symbolise a lot. Liverpool FC of recent years has always had the same problem....losing when expected to win. I don't know what it is but we just seem to have issues with it.

Villa got a good result, albeit in the League Cup, against Norwich. I don't often say this about other teams, as I believe there are no easy games in the Premiership, but Villa really are a sh*t team. They may have given United a good run for their money a few weeks back but this is a game that I would would be extremely disappointed to lose. A home game against an average team, after winning 2 on the bounce, 3 if you include Europa League. We have to approach this game with real determination and fight. Villa are the sort of team who will go to Anfield, defend as if their life depends on it and try and nick a counter-attacking goal. The only way to avoid that happening is by taking our chances and be awake to any potential threat. The team have to be switched on for the whole 90 minutes, nothing less.

I think the team, with most games, fairly pick itself. I believe the XI that Kopite91 has selected will be the choice. That said, maybe Brendan will choose to leave Shelvey in, playing a more attacking midfield role with Suarez ahead of him. Thought Jonjo's performance on Sunday was excellent and he really showed his main attributes: strength, skill and an eye for goal. Brendan has a difficult choice to make.

Good post mate agree with pretty much all of it.

The bit in bold, it's a nice headache for the boss to have for once.

What's the word on Enrique, was it just tightness he felt or was it the hamstring?

It was reported as just tightness and neither the club or the Premier League list him as any doubt for Saturday. However he tweeted this this morning;

jose enrique sanchez ‏@jose3enrique3
      Good morning. In the physio room having some treatment. I hope i can be back soon. Have a good day

Sounds like he could be 50:50 for Saturday. If that is the case then I'd put him on the bench and start Wisdom RB and Johnson LB. (The Downing LB suggestion is lurking now)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2012 01:17:11 pm
      Won 4-1 yesterday so won't be as easy as I was assuming, still hope we knock them for 6.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2012 02:11:16 pm
      Could be an oddly difficult match compounded by the fact we're favorites, and for some reason we struggle against teams we should beat at Anfield.

I'd give Joe Allen a rest, and I'll leave out Enrique in case he can't go.

Reina
      Skrtel    Agger
      Wisdom                 Johnson
      Lucas           
                   Sahin
      Gerrard
       Suso                  Sterling
      Suarez

This is a match we should win. Hopefully Stevie can continue his dominance against Villa and increase his goal tally against them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2012 02:29:22 pm
      This is one game I thought we would win when looking at the fixtures in the run up to the new year and after the weekend I can't see anyhting other that a victory for us.

Fitness permitting I'd like to see this

Reina

Johnson  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique

Lucas

Henderson  Shelvey

Gerrard     Suarez     Sterling

Allen needs a game to recharge his batteries and I've been impressed with Henderson of late so I'd be happy with that and we shouyld have enough to beat Villa with that line up.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2012 03:10:35 pm
      I only see us getting 3 points here. Like many have posted i think Sahin should start instead of Allen too. 2  0. Suarez with both goals. He will be raring to go after missing the West Ham game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #37: Dec 12, 2012 03:17:35 pm
      Quote from redkop63
      Let's remain confident but not overly confident. I'll take a 2-0 score in our favor anytime. Villa has improved steadily over the last few games and they can play some decent football on a particular day, just that they tend to concede as many or more goals than they scored.

They gave two big sides a hard game recently. On paper it should be a banker, but we thought that last year, battered the door down for 90 minutes, and could only get a point. If we don't score early, it could be a scrappy afternoon again.

Good to see some optimism though, compared to the fixture two years ago when we had fans hoping to lose, so that they could tear into Hodgson again. When we won the game, the same hacks declared them to be the third straight "worst opposition I've ever seen" in a row.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #38: Dec 12, 2012 04:10:29 pm
      They gave two big sides a hard game recently. On paper it should be a banker, but we thought that last year, battered the door down for 90 minutes, and could only get a point. If we don't score early, it could be a scrappy afternoon again.

Good to see some optimism though, compared to the fixture two years ago when we had fans hoping to lose, so that they could tear into Hodgson again. When we won the game, the same hacks declared them to be the third straight "worst opposition I've ever seen" in a row.

I suppose there's no easy team to beat anymore, and you're right to say Villa gave 2 top teams a difficult time and one of them is MU, correct me if I'm wrong. I hope that Villa side doesn't turn up this weekend. Villa must be treated with respect and my fear is that the West Ham game has gone into our heads and the players begun to take things for granted as if the game is won before the ball is even kicked. I hope to see the lads playing with the same urgency, commitment and determination, like the game against the Hammers.

I do agree with your point that we have to score early, that will draw them out to allow us more space to explore.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #39: Dec 12, 2012 04:31:47 pm
      I suppose there's no easy team to beat anymore, and you're right to say Villa gave 2 top teams a difficult time and one of them is MU, correct me if I'm wrong. I hope that Villa side doesn't turn up this weekend. Villa must be treated with respect and my fear is that the West Ham game has gone into our heads and the players begun to take things for granted as if the game is won before the ball is even kicked. I hope to see the lads playing with the same urgency, commitment and determination, like the game against the Hammers.

I do agree with your point that we have to score early, that will draw them out to allow us more space to explore.

They gave Manchester United a game, but lost 3-2, then they drew 0-0 with Arsenal. Both games were at Villa Park, they have been desperate away from home, winning just once away this season in the league, they also got twatted 5-0 by City in between those two home matches.

I don't see how the West Ham game has gone to the players heads since we haven't seen them since and the only real comment has been Johnson saying we need to kick on and challenge for fourth? And even if it has what harm? Whats wrong with going into a game against Villa at home believing we have it won? It's a lot better than our recent mentality of being 1-0 up and terrified of conceding. We need that confidence, especially at home. I don't want the lads playing like they did against West Ham because being 100% honest we were sh*t for most of the game. I want to see the fight and desire though and I don't think there has been any reason to doubt that will be there.

The lads are professional and Brendan is meticulous, we will be well prepared for Villa and they will be treated with respect. But I like to think there is an air of confidence among the lads going into it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #40: Dec 12, 2012 05:09:21 pm
      Superb opening post from Kopite 91, well deserved of a plus too   :gt-happyup:

Seconded.

Just a win with no injuries.

1-0 will do me, but 7-0 would be better.

We need to keep winning, and winning well.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #41: Dec 12, 2012 05:16:22 pm
      Big game here, big chance to get another win under our belt, 3rd win in a row in the league and keep moving up the points tally and on the league table. Winning breeds winning and confidence breeds confidence.

Given that we are at home, I fully expect the win and anything less will be a failure in my eyes. Big expectations!!

Also would like to see this again! :D

Liverpool 3x0 Aston Villa - "Let's pretend we've scored a goal"
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #42: Dec 12, 2012 05:56:55 pm
      Big game here, big chance to get another win under our belt, 3rd win in a row in the league and keep moving up the points tally and on the league table. Winning breeds winning and confidence breeds confidence.

Given that we are at home, I fully expect the win and anything less will be a failure in my eyes. Big expectations!!

+1 for posting that alone, never have seen that before.

Just so you know, thought the rest of your post was bullocks.  >:D
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #43: Dec 12, 2012 06:07:43 pm
      Just so you know, thought the rest of your post was bullocks.  >:D

Enough bollocks for the plus! :)

I live with a Villa fan too so I'm loving this week for the build up!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Dec 12, 2012 07:28:05 pm

Another +1 for you! That video is a classic, most entertaining thing i've seen all night (in the middle of a tuition fee assignment so you can understand why :D)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2012 01:42:22 am
      They gave Manchester United a game, but lost 3-2, then they drew 0-0 with Arsenal. Both games were at Villa Park, they have been desperate away from home, winning just once away this season in the league, they also got twatted 5-0 by City in between those two home matches.

I don't see how the West Ham game has gone to the players heads since we haven't seen them since and the only real comment has been Johnson saying we need to kick on and challenge for fourth? And even if it has what harm? Whats wrong with going into a game against Villa at home believing we have it won? It's a lot better than our recent mentality of being 1-0 up and terrified of conceding. We need that confidence, especially at home. I don't want the lads playing like they did against West Ham because being 100% honest we were sh*t for most of the game. I want to see the fight and desire though and I don't think there has been any reason to doubt that will be there.

The lads are professional and Brendan is meticulous, we will be well prepared for Villa and they will be treated with respect. But I like to think there is an air of confidence among the lads going into it.

Can I intepret your thoughts as follow  :-

Villa won only 1-game away so far and we've absolute rights to win this game against them since we're the host and no two ways about it. In recent times there were many winnable games against lower teams, but we ended up drawing with them. Will there be a possibility that Villa for whatever reason played brilliantly and not us., we've heard of upsets so often before.

I'm expressing "fear" that the game has gone into the players' head and you've interpreted it as it has "already" gone into their heads. Going by your belief that the game is already won before the ball is even kicked, there's an air of arrogance here while being over confident breeds complacency, don't you think so?   

I thought we played brialliantly against the Hammers without Suarez and Enrique went off at the 1/2 hour mark did not help things while Diame stretchered off even things out while Hammers is in great form at the moment. To say that we played s**t, I think we have to be appreciative of the team when the right results came along and not only look at the negatives. How nice if we can play like Barca every week, but we're not there yet, but oneday oneday  we will.

I would agree with you that it's good to have an air of confidence going into the game against Villa, but I'm just throwing in a caution we should not be over confident and let's not under estimate the opponent, play with the same spirit an determination like the last game to get the result, that's all I'm asking, isn't that acceptable?

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #46: Dec 13, 2012 08:40:47 am
      Yet another 'Must Win Game' we face...

However back at home after a great away win! With regards to confidence our comeback against West Ham will do a lot more than Villa's big win at Norwich. They have been poor all season - and with the way we play we should and will rip them apart. We can look to totally dominate possession - and I think this will be a game where the stat fans amoungst us go mental... I can honestly see about 80% possesion at full time and Villa playing on the counter.

I do expect Bent to play in this one as we have been linked with him and that will add a bit of zest to their performance.

Win this and we move to 7th in the League (a sad place to be at this time of year - but better than we have been) and with a few results going our way as the teams in and around us all play each other this weekend we could be 2 points off 4th place! That is some turn around from where we have been... For all the Lucas fans it will also be since his return the improvement - so if we want to look at a difference in the League we could say it was because of him - I am hesitant to say it, but he is one hell of a player!

This will also be our 3rd win on the bounce at Anfield in the Prem - a long time since that has happened along with our 3rd straight win in the league (again a long tme coming!). This is what worries me, teams around us all playing each other - us playing a poor team at home and the expectation! Where in te paast we have thrown a wobbler - however I have total faith in the team, manager and squad..!

I say 5-0 to the Mighty Reds
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #47: Dec 13, 2012 09:57:28 am
      I do expect Bent to play in this one as we have been linked with him and that will add a bit of zest to their performance.
      Can't see it myself mate limped out at Carrow Road in week, didn't look good for lad. And tbh if he is fit the way Weimann and Benteke linked up when former replaced Bent Lambert would be mad not to go with the same imo.

I agree with a few posters on how bad Villa have been but I do believe Lambert is showing signs of turning things around there (a lot of time for Lambert as a manager I believe given time he'll do a good job for them), still fully expected us to take all 3 points but Villa are not as toothless as they were in the first couple of month of the season.

2-0 for me.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #48: Dec 13, 2012 12:22:17 pm
      For me, Villa have been the worst team in the prem in the way they have played, I think we will destroy them big time.

I think they have improved wholesale can see is struggling to break them down. Massive game for us…. We need to push on.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #49: Dec 13, 2012 12:30:21 pm
      Just read this on Facebook, taken from Spirit of Shankly.

To all fans attending this weekend's game against Aston Villa:
      As you are probably aware, Aston Villa's captain, Stiliyan Petrov, was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in March 2012. As a show of support for "Stan," Villa fans give their skipper an ovation with applause in the 19th minute of every home game.
      This weekend, we intend to follow suit and give our own ovation, in unity with the travelling Villa fans, for Petrov. At the beginning of the 19th minute, we ask all fans to show their support and applaud for one minute.
      Thank you.
      Liverpool Supporters Union

Fantastic idea. Urge all Reds to take part.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #50: Dec 13, 2012 12:36:55 pm
      I don't think Jose will be available
      Enrique doubtful for Villa clash

Jose Enrique is likely to miss Liverpool's home game with Aston Villa on Saturday afternoon.

The Spanish defender/midfielder/winger picked up a hamstring strain during the Reds game at West Ham on Sunday and may well not be risked at Anfield.

"I am okay but I don't know if I'll be ready for the game," he told the club's official site. "It's nothing bad but I don't know if I'll be able to play.

"I've had some treatment and then we will see. I hope I can be fit for the game."
      http://www.lfconline.com/feat/ed11/enrique_doubtful_for_villa_clash_772804/index.shtml
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #51: Dec 13, 2012 01:25:02 pm
      Rumours Sterling will be rested for this as well.

Bib theory: Pepe, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Cole & Suarez
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #52: Dec 13, 2012 01:32:07 pm
      Can I intepret your thoughts as follow  :-

Villa won only 1-game away so far and we've absolute rights to win this game against them since we're the host and no two ways about it. In recent times there were many winnable games against lower teams, but we ended up drawing with them. Will there be a possibility that Villa for whatever reason played brilliantly and not us., we've heard of upsets so often before.

I'm expressing "fear" that the game has gone into the players' head and you've interpreted it as it has "already" gone into their heads. Going by your belief that the game is already won before the ball is even kicked, there's an air of arrogance here while being over confident breeds complacency, don't you think so?   

I thought we played brialliantly against the Hammers without Suarez and Enrique went off at the 1/2 hour mark did not help things while Diame stretchered off even things out while Hammers is in great form at the moment. To say that we played s**t, I think we have to be appreciative of the team when the right results came along and not only look at the negatives. How nice if we can play like Barca every week, but we're not there yet, but oneday oneday  we will.

I would agree with you that it's good to have an air of confidence going into the game against Villa, but I'm just throwing in a caution we should not be over confident and let's not under estimate the opponent, play with the same spirit an determination like the last game to get the result, that's all I'm asking, isn't that acceptable?

Fair enough mate, I don't think that because Villa only have one away win we have a right to win. That would be plain stupidy on my part, What I'm saying is that they have struggled away, no doubt we have noticed it and we should take advantage of that. It's  going to be in the back of their heads and we need to put the shits up them and keep them under pressure.

Apologies for misinterpreting your "fear". I don't mean to suggest that we go out believing the game is won, I want us to walk out as if we have it won but play like it's a final. When the Villa players look across the tunnel at us I want them to feel like they're going out 1-0 down. I completely agree that over confidence breeds complacency and I think that is Brendans job to manage that, but I still think we need to be more confident at home especially, and I think a home game against Villa coming off 3 good results would be a good place to start.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree about how we played against West Ham. I agree that missing Suarez and losing Enrique early on did affect us. But I still think we had the quality to control the game but we didn't. I thought we were sloppy in possession and our movement up front was poor until late on. I don't expect us to play like Barca every week so it's not something I am going to lose sleep on. To be honest I think that winning the way we did helped us gain more from the game.

What you're saying is perfectly acceptable mate. I agree but I just think we need to have more confidence and belief in what we can do. Someone mentioned earlier how strange it is that we're all so happy about back-to-back league wins. It wasn't that long ago it was minimum requirement with a squad that wasn't that much better than our current squad and I think that confidence had a big part to play in that.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #53: Dec 13, 2012 02:29:19 pm
      Rumours Sterling will be rested for this as well.

Bib theory: Pepe, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Cole & Suarez

Interesting line-up that, think Villa are a terrible side and we should get the points simply based on that fact.

Shelvey and Cole working as the inside forwards (I assume) is yet more tinkering and showing how highly Brendan rates Shelvey despite him coming in for quite a bit of criticism in certain corners. Can't say I like Downing and Shelvey/Cole as a defensive pairing though and there is absolutely a chance we will be exposed on that side, would of much preferred Robinson to get a game and unsure why he's being overlooked completely.

Having said that I still expect us to have too much for them offensively and Lucas is shrewd enough to realise where our main weakness is and I'm sure we'll see him mopping up on the left side many times. Plenty of pressure on the result and I believe resting Raheem is absolutely the right thing to do, 3 points needed to continue our march up the table and start to put pressure on those in and around 4th.

Seems like it's every game now with the table so tight, but if results go our way the table could look much more positive come 5pm Saturday.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #54: Dec 13, 2012 10:11:07 pm
      Liverpool Ways ‏@LiverpoolWays
      Neil Swarbrick has been appointed referee for #LFC v Aston #Villa on Saturday

Have we had this ref before?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #55: Dec 13, 2012 10:26:20 pm

He likes giving yellows and penos by his stats http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/287/stats.
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2012 10:36:49 pm by bigears »
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #56: Dec 14, 2012 12:07:17 am
      Fiver on Suarez to get a pen then? :D
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #57: Dec 14, 2012 12:26:54 am

Hmmm. He does like to give out yellows. He hasn't reffed many PL matches.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #58: Dec 14, 2012 11:28:29 am
      Fiver on Suarez to get a pen then? :D
      And a resounding minute of sarcastic cheering to follow ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Dec 14, 2012 12:03:08 pm
      And a resounding minute of sarcastic cheering to follow ;)

Nah, we're going to have a party.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #60: Dec 14, 2012 01:23:35 pm

Isn't he some kind of cleaning material ?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #61: Dec 14, 2012 07:12:16 pm
      Tomorrow's line-up according to the bib theory:

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 232 
      Reply #62: Dec 14, 2012 07:19:22 pm
      Happy with that team, though would have liked Sahin in and rest Allen.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #63: Dec 14, 2012 07:49:52 pm
      Sahin and Assaidi. Please give Robinson a run out he's looked class in u21s from what I've seen.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #64: Dec 14, 2012 08:24:32 pm
      Looking forward to tomorrows match, I think we showed some real spirit last week at W.Ham, and hope we can build on that.

The team looks strong .. C'mon you Redmen :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #65: Dec 14, 2012 09:01:56 pm
      Gone for a win in this one, although not getting too carried away with our win at west ham. If Diame had stayed on, could have been different as he was running the show before his hammy went. Also with Johnson gatting forward, Jarvis was countering and Joe Allen as cover was dismal.  The result was what I expected, but I didn't think we would be second best to West Ham for most of the game. Need to shore things up a bit this saturday and start bossing the middle of the park. Hope Lucas can do 90 this week as he certainly makes a difference. Feel more confident with wing backs while Lucas is on the pitch.  Gerrard seems to be coasting through games, he needs to up the work rate and start dominating the centre of the park like we know he can.  Shelvy is a bit of a rough diamond but we need more of our players to show his energy and passion.  I would expect us to win this 3 - 0 but only if we make the appropriate improvements from last week. Remembering how we dominated both the manc teams early in the season, seems like we've dropped a level since then, and we need to get back to that, with an attitude and confidence that puts teams on the back foot, rather than letting them come at us. Get a grip boys, and lets get at them from the off, and don't sit back when we go ahead. New start Sat, it's called the giant red steamroller. Lets flatten the bas**rds.! >:D >:D >:D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #66: Dec 14, 2012 09:06:57 pm
      I feel sorry for Sahin if he does not start to get a run of games soon. I can't see him signing permanently in the summer at this rate. How often is this bib theory right on line-ups?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #67: Dec 14, 2012 10:38:36 pm
      I feel sorry for Sahin if he does not start to get a run of games soon. I can't see him signing permanently in the summer at this rate. How often is this bib theory right on line-ups?
      That was a few days before kick-off, things usually change, especially with Cole's injury record.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #68: Dec 14, 2012 11:59:53 pm
      Larry and Gites big time so NO singing for me tomorrow :(  Would'nt be surprised to see Joe Cole start for this (shop window and that )3 - 0 with Stevie first goal.IBRWT. YNWA.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #69: Dec 15, 2012 12:45:37 am
      Fair enough mate, I don't think that because Villa ....

No problem mate, I'll gladly accept your opinions. I'm sure both of us would very much like to see the club do well except we use different ways and words to express our thoughts while there's no available barometer to gauge the level of our feelings. Coincidentally, we have predicted the same score. Cheers. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2012 01:03:26 am by redkop63 »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #70: Dec 15, 2012 04:31:07 am
      Sahin is better than Allen but if played as AM he will struggle, he must be some player to be named player of the year in 2011. There are many good players in the German League, I've wanted him here since 2011; today he's here but don't use him well. Had he gone to Arsenal he would have be awesome for sure.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #71: Dec 15, 2012 05:39:10 am
      This game is all about Gerrard or Allen playing balls through the middle, splitting their central defenders for Suarez.
      Their flanks are quite quick so johnson and Enrique will have to be careful but if we control the tempo and the middle early on I can see them losing their way quickly and us bagging a couple of first half goals.
      Like to see our flank player cut in and be brave and shoot more.
      Going for a 3-0 win but only based upon us starting off pretty strong and hassling them out of settling.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #72: Dec 15, 2012 06:32:22 am
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Lucas Sahin
      Gerrard
      Sterling Suarez Assaidi

Gives Allen some rest, restores Downing to his proper role (folding towels), lets Assaidi get some game time.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #73: Dec 15, 2012 09:55:33 am
      Just realised a win today puts us 7th and a point of 5th.

Come on Redmen!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #74: Dec 15, 2012 10:04:07 am
      We are gonna batter these today, just have this glorious feeling today.

C'mon Red Men.

7-0
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #75: Dec 15, 2012 10:07:57 am
      Should be an easy win here,though we have a habit of making things difficult for ourselves.

Maybe a comfortable 1-0, or 2-0 win with a few anxious moments.

Common u redmen
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #76: Dec 15, 2012 10:45:01 am
      Got a strong feeling we will get a penalty today
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #77: Dec 15, 2012 10:46:27 am
                        Reina
                Skrtel       Agger
                         Lucas
      Johnson                      Enrique
             Shahin.       Gerrard
      Sterling.                   Assaidi
                       Suarez

Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #78: Dec 15, 2012 10:48:33 am
      I want to see Joe Cole start, and yes I am serious.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #79: Dec 15, 2012 11:02:28 am
      Got a strong feeling we will get a penalty today

:lmao:

You must be kidding mate.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #80: Dec 15, 2012 11:05:45 am
      We are gonna batter these today, just have this glorious feeling today.

C'mon Red Men.

7-0

Don't know about 7-0 Shabs but I too fancy us strong. Seems to me we are on the brink of beginning to believe we're actually getting to be quite good, and that applies to both the players and the fans. 3-0 for me.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #81: Dec 15, 2012 11:06:39 am

Yes come on lets keep it sensible FFS. There's a jokes thread somewhere else, keep this on topic  :(
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #82: Dec 15, 2012 11:09:12 am
      I don't know what it is but we have to get one eventually, right?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #83: Dec 15, 2012 11:15:06 am
      I don't know what it is but we have to get one eventually, right?

Well lets look at it. Each football match is contested by two teams. Given our results this season, where we've from 16 matches won 5, drawn 7 and lost 4, it would be reasonable to assume that by and large they've been evenly contested. Our goals for and against would appear to confirm this, where we've scored 22 and conceded 20. Given those numbers it would be fair to assume that we've attacked at least as much as our opponents by and large, infact probably slightly more.

Given all of that, you would probably expect our penalties for and against to be similar too. You'd be wrong, according to a bloke on Twitter last week we've had five against and haven't been awarded any. Coincidence? You decide.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #84: Dec 15, 2012 11:15:50 am

You mean like start his car? And drive home? :)

Nah joking mate. Wouldn't mind him being on the bench, but I'm sure if he deserves a start. I do wonder why Suso doesn't get any more games.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #85: Dec 15, 2012 11:17:54 am

me too mate.. don't care if downing starts at LB even (yes i am serious).. got faith in the lad to not only help us keep a clean sheet but score against his old club.

come on red men. three more points. we are reminding everyone in world football that we are going places, not just rebuilding.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #86: Dec 15, 2012 12:04:50 pm
      Gk: Reina

RB: Johnson
      CB: Skrtel
      CB: Agger
      LB: Downing

CDM: Lucas
      CM: Allen
      CAM: Gerrard

RW: Sterling
      ST: Suarez
      LW: Cole

4-0 to the Reds.. and thanks for watching :P
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #87: Dec 15, 2012 12:11:25 pm
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Lucas Sahin
      Gerrard
      Sterling Suarez Assaidi

That's an ideal line up federer, be pleased to see that start but unlikely.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #88: Dec 15, 2012 12:13:17 pm
      I think we will win but i really don't think it'll be this walk in the park that some are predicting.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #89: Dec 15, 2012 12:29:04 pm
                        Reina
                Skrtel       Agger
                         Lucas
      Johnson                      Enrique
             Shahin.       Gerrard
      Sterling.                   Assaidi
                       Suarez

I think Enrique is injured , No?

hope sahin starts

I would go with
                         pepe-
      robinson skrtle-agger-Johnson
           Lucas-Allen
              sahin
               gerrad
        Sterling   suarez

Anyway , any team selection by the boss is fine with me...
       hope in a good performance and 3 points

YNWA
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #90: Dec 15, 2012 01:08:18 pm
      Tomorrow's line-up according to the bib theory:

What is the obsession of playing Downing who is an attacking left winger at left back, sorry I really don't get it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #91: Dec 15, 2012 01:53:03 pm
      Feeling confident for a change, I will go for a 5- 0 win for the Reds, not really bothered who scores, as long as we move up the table.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #92: Dec 15, 2012 02:48:20 pm
      Live match updates, followed by post-match discussion can be found here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,44102.0.html

Locked.

Quick Reply