Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4264528 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28681: Mar 29, 2017 10:59:32 pm
      It's not just that. Consider the wealth of experienced talent BVB has to offer a younger player to learn from compared to Liverpool who are full of mediocre novices by comparison. Look at our best players and how much European experience do they have? How many times have they been involved in a title chase? A young player can learn a lot more from being in BVB's side and an experienced player has a lot more equal talent around him. Let's be honest, we no longer compete with the likes or Real, Barca, Munich, Chelsea, City, United. We don't even compete with Arsenal or Spurs, Athletico or Milan. We go after targets no other top club in Europe is after then declare we secured our marquee signing for the Summer. That's the FSG way of doing business.

Although to be fair mate this current Dortmund team have hardly won much, a bit like ourselves.

Lewandowski, Gundogan etc have all left.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #28682: Mar 29, 2017 11:08:38 pm
      That sure seems like excellent timing  :f_whistle:

Yeah the season ticket renewal period has started!!

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28683: Mar 30, 2017 12:01:57 am
      It's not just that. Consider the wealth of experienced talent BVB has to offer a younger player to learn from compared to Liverpool who are full of mediocre novices by comparison. Look at our best players and how much European experience do they have? How many times have they been involved in a title chase? A young player can learn a lot more from being in BVB's side and an experienced player has a lot more equal talent around him. Let's be honest, we no longer compete with the likes or Real, Barca, Munich, Chelsea, City, United. We don't even compete with Arsenal or Spurs, Athletico or Milan. We go after targets no other top club in Europe is after then declare we secured our marquee signing for the Summer. That's the FSG way of doing business.

The whole idea was that the agents are pushing some of they're younger clients towards the German league in favor of City, Chelsea United or any of the big clubs in the PL because they simply have to no time to mature as players they have to hit the ground running or get booed off the pitch whereas in all but Bayern the clubs and supporters have a different idea and accept that youth and mistakes go hand in hand...why FSG would be part of this question as they are a part of every post you write is a question only you can answer but I don't think they have anything to do with the attitudes of club/supporters in comparing the PL and the Bundesliga.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28684: Mar 30, 2017 09:15:43 am
      Here I thought Jürgen didn't like to spend tons of money to build a team.

You know what - I'm sure we were lectured on that very subject buddy. Perhaps the experts got that one wrong. 🤔
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28685: Mar 30, 2017 10:51:01 am
      Laughably the club have got Melissa Reddy to put out a story that we were not interested when it's clear he rejected us for Dortmund.

Pathetic we can't even attract in reality a youngster who has not done much at all yet!

Yes what an embarrassment that a players chooses to stay in the country where he currently lives and joins a top team probably on a par with ours. Behave yourself, there was always a good chance that would be his preferred choice. Some of you guys really need to realise that not every player in the world is desperate to play for us.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #28686: Mar 30, 2017 12:02:39 pm
      I thought we had cooled off our interest in Dahoud since the summer? Maybe its no great loss if Klopp has other options up his sleeve.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28687: Mar 30, 2017 12:06:51 pm
      That sure seems like excellent timing  :f_whistle:

Here I thought Jürgen didn't like to spend tons of money to build a team.

Take it up with Klopp.
      He's the one who said it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #28688: Mar 30, 2017 02:02:22 pm
      Take it up with Klopp.
      He's the one who said it.

I don't have  to take it up with anyone. I don't  have his personal number anyway so  I'll just say it on here. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #28689: Mar 30, 2017 02:14:01 pm
      Yes what an embarrassment that a players chooses to stay in the country where he currently lives and joins a top team probably on a par with ours. Behave yourself, there was always a good chance that would be his preferred choice. Some of you guys really need to realise that not every player in the world is desperate to play for us.
      I'd settle for one right now
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28690: Mar 31, 2017 11:49:50 pm
      Bayern have agreed a 30mil fee for Brandt with Leverkusen.. another one bites the dust :'(
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2017 12:46:10 am by fckmediocrity »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28691: Apr 01, 2017 12:01:53 am
      Bayern have agreed a 30mil bid for Brandt with Leverkusen.. another one bites the dust :'(

I never expected we'd be in a position to sign him with Bayern's interest being well known.

I've seen us being linked with Max Meyer again, he could be our alternative? Yet another alternative that could be more expensive than our 'first choice' target :D.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #28692: Apr 01, 2017 12:19:35 am
      I never expected we'd be in a position to sign him with Bayern's interest being well known.

I've seen us being linked with Max Meyer again, he could be our alternative? Yet another alternative that could be more expensive than our 'first choice' target :D.

This policy of trying to convince us plebs that they are monitoring players is becoming a bit tedious eventually the PR machine will realise the mugs they are trying to convince are not that stupid.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2017 12:34:04 am by HScRed1 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #28693: Apr 01, 2017 12:35:02 am
      Melissa Reddy must have hit the town,.......missing her reporting how we were not interested!
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28694: Apr 01, 2017 12:53:09 am
      This policy of trying to convince us plebs that they are monitoring players is becoming a bit tedious eventually the PR machine will realise the mugs they are trying to convince are not that stupid.

At this rate they'll eventually run out of 'potential targets' to pimp out..soon enough they'll be heading back to their favorite feeder club..I've heard Gabbiadini is running hot :)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #28695: Apr 01, 2017 03:14:08 am
      Bayern have agreed a 30mil fee for Brandt with Leverkusen.. another one bites the dust :'(

Let's see if it turns out to be true...

Put it this way, it'd be the least surprising thing ever to find out Brandt has signed for someone else while we aggressively 'monitored' him.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28696: Apr 01, 2017 06:43:21 am
      Liverpool transfer news and rumours: James Rodriguez to snub Liverpool for Man United?

Liverpool have no chance of signing Real Madrid star James Rodriguez, according to the Manchester Evening News.

The Colombian looks set to leave the Bernabeu this summer and has attracted interest from a number of English clubs.

But the MEN say James will snub Liverpool in favour of a switch to Manchester United.

The forward is also reportedly keen on a move to Bayern Munich where he could reunite with former Real manager Carlo Ancelotti.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-james-10137133

Speculation.

But what is not speculation and is more so fact: we're no good at this transfer malarkey.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #28697: Apr 01, 2017 09:19:30 am
      I thought we had cooled off our interest in Dahoud since the summer? Maybe its no great loss if Klopp has other options up his sleeve.

I'd personally like to see a bit more of Grujic before we spunk up mega millions on other options like Dahoud or Meyer
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28698: Apr 01, 2017 10:16:32 am
      Let's see if it turns out to be true...

Put it this way, it'd be the least surprising thing ever to find out Brandt has signed for someone else while we aggressively 'monitored' him.

I love that, "aggressively monitoring"  :lmao:.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #28699: Apr 01, 2017 12:25:57 pm
      I read something on Twitter last night that we are trying to get Gerrard to come out of retirement because Hendo's injury is worse than initially thought. Surely that can't be true?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #28700: Apr 01, 2017 01:37:53 pm
      I read something on Twitter last night that we are trying to get Gerrard to come out of retirement because Hendo's injury is worse than initially thought. Surely that can't be true?

Check the date...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28701: Apr 01, 2017 02:53:54 pm

;D

Won't happen, the academy will sign him before we get him.

We're watchers remember.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #28702: Apr 01, 2017 03:54:51 pm
      Maybe a cheeky bid for that Carrol bloke at West Ham? Dudes a beast and looks like he'd be good in a scrap  :f_tongueincheek:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28703: Apr 02, 2017 12:05:39 pm

April fool!

Speaking of which a bit of talk of the club being put on a transfer embargo due to some dodgy dealings. Sadly for us that could become a reality.

I guess for John Henry the prospect of a few transfer windows with him and the gang being unable to spend any money on transfers must be truly F***ing terrible for him.

As punishments go that sounds about as awful for him as when Linda gets out her leathers for him.

In that respect I hope fifa demand he pay at least £30m per player for the next 3 seasons at a minimum of 5 players per window. Then we'll see him squirm.
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2017 12:15:18 pm by fields of anny rd »

Quick Reply