Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4277060 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29762: May 31, 2017 11:29:41 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29763: May 31, 2017 11:32:52 am

Too bad, but I never thought he would come here. On the plus side, it also means he won't be playing for one of our rivals.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #29764: May 31, 2017 12:26:10 pm
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29765: May 31, 2017 12:53:57 pm
      Too bad, but I never thought he would come here. On the plus side, it also means he won't be playing for one of our rivals.

Who cares, we have Solanke!  :mad:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29766: May 31, 2017 12:59:29 pm

I highly doubt he's the only striker we buy. If he is, then Jürgen has royally screwed the pooch, but since the window isn't even open yet, I'm going to hold out a little optimism that we are going to get someone he wants.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29767: May 31, 2017 01:12:09 pm
      I highly doubt he's the only striker we buy. If he is, then Jürgen has royally screwed the pooch, but since the window isn't even open yet, I'm going to hold out a little optimism that we are going to get someone he wants.

First off, it was meant to be a light hearted comment, but according to credible journalists, we don't seem to be after an out-and-out Striker, and given FSG's history, what makes you think that even if Sturridge leaves, we'd go out and buy someone of similar class. Solanke fits their persistently failed business model. Proven quality players like Aubameyang do not.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29768: May 31, 2017 01:44:50 pm
      First off, it was meant to be a light hearted comment, but according to credible journalists, we don't seem to be after an out-and-out Striker, and given FSG's history, what makes you think that even if Sturridge leaves, we'd go out and buy someone of similar class. Solanke fits their persistently failed business model. Proven quality players like Aubameyang do not.

Sorry, I didn't catch the light heartedness in the black text on my screen. ;)

I'll try harder next time.

As for what makes me think they'll get someone that's an out and out striker, I guess it's naive optimism. I do think that striker isn't quite as pressing as defensive players (DM, CB, LB) so I'm not expecting a world beater at forward.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29769: May 31, 2017 01:46:10 pm

It's ok, don't worry guys, we will get Mbappe, Lacazette or Griezmann, we are after all looking into signing an exceptional/world class striker, so with only those probably available... I have faith! ;) :P
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29770: May 31, 2017 02:40:38 pm

Interesting, so if he's moving what's the chances of Reus now moving?

Someone should mention it to JWH, bet he's never heard of Reus  :f_tongueincheek:

In all seriousness though I thought these two would stay together after their pact, now that's been broken the chances of signing Reus have improved. Granted he does get injured fairly regularly but not enough to put you off buying him. Would be a great reason behind Cou switching from that left... hmmm

Aubameyang is a great signing for PSG though, would have loved us to have gone for him.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #29771: May 31, 2017 02:43:28 pm
      Sorry, I didn't catch the light heartedness in the black text on my screen. ;)

I'll try harder next time.

As for what makes me think they'll get someone that's an out and out striker, I guess it's naive optimism. I do think that striker isn't quite as pressing as defensive players (DM, CB, LB) so I'm not expecting a world beater at forward.

Can we just buy someone already. I don't have any patience, I'll admit it. I want some firm show of intent. Get something big done!!

Pot calling Kettle black moaning at me about criticising transfers before the window's even opened. Nonetheless, let's hope you're right and I'm wrong. I guess we'll see who's right when the window closes. On the basis of this lot's transfer record, can you blame me for being cynical? But just to clear up any lingering misunderstanding, I don't consider Solanke to represent our business. As I said in the other thread, Keita and VVD are the ones we need to get to be getting in. Them and a lot more. £100 mill isn't going to near cut it in today's market.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #29772: May 31, 2017 02:44:03 pm
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2017 02:58:19 pm by Gill95 »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #29774: May 31, 2017 03:47:54 pm

Gutted, I don't hold out much hope of us bringing in any truly coveted players BUT he was the one player who I secretly hoped we might bring in given the Jürgen factor. How stoopid was that.

A centre-forward is without a doubt our biggest need. We need a fookin superstar up top if we're to truly push on. It won't happen with hard-working false 9s (Firmino) or half-fit number 9s (Studge).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #29775: May 31, 2017 03:58:26 pm
      So I that the way it's going to be all summer then? Some journalist makes sh*t up and the forum's filled with smilies of people crying and banging their head against a wall and treating it as gospel.

Just treat everything as bollocks until it's from a cast iron source or there's a picture of a player grinning like a Cheshire cat with Jürgen.

It's best for your sanity.

Yup. I keep telling myself to take a month off of everything, to check back in July 1 when preseason begins and see who is in, but I...can't....seem....to....stay. ...away....from the tractor beam.....that is.....the LFC.....rumour mill.

Today reading the Echo it was a steady stream of "we're not in for HIM....we've been linked with THIS GUY but we understand it's not happening....THAT GUY really likes Klopp but it looks like he'll be signing with XXX instead.

I need a distraction.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29776: May 31, 2017 05:28:17 pm
      LB/CB are going for premiums this window...I expect us to sign a and spend pretty big on the CB spot but I have little doubt in my mind that Milner is LB at the start of the season.....don't think its FSG at all; it what the manager wants.

Pretty good season review show on TAW which goes into depth on the reasons why we won't go big on LB and how this manager would probably go byy a midfielder and toss him in at LB before he goes and spends big on specifically that position.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29777: May 31, 2017 05:30:33 pm
      why do we get linked with the same players season after season?

who are our scouts? are they actual scouts or random people who have access to youtube?

why does it seem that our initial targets who we apparently are working on all year round all seem to choose other teams or for us to pull out as they dont wanna live in the area or something?

comes across as comical and that's to us fans, how about to other teams and players?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29778: May 31, 2017 05:36:04 pm
      Interesting, so if he's moving what's the chances of Reus now moving?

Someone should mention it to JWH, bet he's never heard of Reus  :f_tongueincheek:

In all seriousness though I thought these two would stay together after their pact, now that's been broken the chances of signing Reus have improved. Granted he does get injured fairly regularly but not enough to put you off buying him. Would be a great reason behind Cou switching from that left... hmmm

Aubameyang is a great signing for PSG though, would have loved us to have gone for him.
      Reus is injured and out for awhile.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29779: May 31, 2017 05:45:03 pm
      Reus is injured and out for awhile.

Oh bloody hell yeah, ruptured his ligament just 2 days ago.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #29780: May 31, 2017 06:59:01 pm
      I think we should go for #Covfefe
      After this lot, think I'll go for a coffee ! F***ing strong one 😳

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #29781: May 31, 2017 06:59:45 pm
      This whole thing is just falling apart. People need to be patient. It's a fiasco of the highest AND lowest order. True fans need to get behind the club and realize that we just do not have ambition to compete at the highest level anymore, but at the same time know that we are building for the greatest success the club has ever known, and when it happens, I am going to say to everyone on here I respect your opinions because you have a lot of insight into world football, but you are all dead wrong and I am just convinced that most of the reported transfer targets are real people who may or may not be the difference in our efforts to both avoid relegation and win the Champions League next year, or maybe in a few years, depending on Connor Randall's development. I am amazed at what passes for intelligent opinion on here and I am so damned proud of each of you for supporting this club through thick and thin, except when we are getting hammered on the pitch in which case it's every man for himself. Klopp's methods are never going to work in England and that's why the best thing FSG did was to hire him to lead us to glory. May we all still be alive when it happens, and may we accomplish those lofty accomplishments by exerting the full capacity of the John Henry financial muscle, but in a way that does not affect the club's bottom line for future generations of supporters. And may your first child be a masculine child.

Don't just stand there John Henry, SPEND something.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29782: May 31, 2017 07:10:00 pm
      Klopp's methods are never going to work in England

Go take a Xanax and come back after the window closes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29783: May 31, 2017 08:44:41 pm
      Can't believe we refused to pay 11m for Salah but could now be about to pay approx. 40m for him 3 years later :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29784: May 31, 2017 09:31:44 pm
      Likely 40mill odd for Mendy to go to City. I deffo agree we need to spend more to compete with the big spenders for certain players. We BADLY need a quality LB, but 40mill!?!?!  It's crazy money.  And rumour links Spud's Rose to Manure, again likely big money.

If we have to spend 'crazy' money on a position, I'd spend it up front. 61mill for Aubameyang - sure, he might not have come to us for more, but we should be willing to spend that on a front man. Would love to get Sergio, must be unsettled at City, but again, unlikely. Though, if we want to win a title, we need to get past the 'unlikely' tag. Otherwise, it's Arse territory, hoping to hit CL places.  Utd and Arse lost out this year, and will be looking to get back there next.

At least we have the CL, and a charismatic World-known manager. Might make the difference in some dealings. Wages could be sticking point alright for players who focus on the cold hard cash, the bas**rds :) I don't buy this whole, they don't want to come, F**k em - I like cold hard cash as much as the next guy, and don't think a player plays better or worse whether they've supported the club whole life, or never heard of it. A quality player is a quality player. But we generally don't win those battles on those terms.

If we want to push on, this is really important window. Jürgen has said he's got this, we'll just have to wait and see...

Quick Reply