Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4320455 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32522: Aug 30, 2017 03:47:14 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #32523: Aug 30, 2017 03:48:59 pm
      Why have we waited till the last minute to start looking at buying? Can someone give me a good reason for that? We could have been working on any of these deals two months ago.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32524: Aug 30, 2017 03:49:49 pm
      GrizzKhan FFS how is he a legit source?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #32525: Aug 30, 2017 03:50:25 pm
      The only significant signing we need to make is at the back....I will get excited when we sign Van Dyke...if we do and he can get fit and intergate to our way of defending, i.e. dont mark, dont clear your lines, then we will be fine
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32526: Aug 30, 2017 03:53:21 pm
      Why have we waited till the last minute to start looking at buying? Can someone give me a good reason for that? We could have been working on any of these deals two months ago.

How do you know we have not been working on deals behind the scenes, do you think the Keita deal appeared out thin air.
      The Ox suddenly decided over night he wants to join us.

We never get to find out what is stirring and esp now after the VVD incident.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #32527: Aug 30, 2017 03:56:06 pm
      How do you know we have not been working on deals behind the scenes
      And how do you know we have?

, do you think the Keita deal appeared out thin air.
      The Ox suddenly decided over night he wants to join us.

We never get to find out what is stirring and esp now after the VVD incident.

So we only find out about deals right before they fall apart? I find that hard to believe. They've been able to keep a deal with Lemar secret for weeks? But then all of the sudden they can't keep it secret anymore? 

This is all bluster. Sorry but this feels all too similar to windows past where we make a big "push" at the end only to come up short (if we make a push at all...see January window).
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32528: Aug 30, 2017 04:01:28 pm
      Is this the Basil Fawlty transfer muppet thread?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32529: Aug 30, 2017 04:02:51 pm
      And how do you know we have?

So we only find out about deals right before they fall apart? I find that hard to believe. They've been able to keep a deal with Lemar secret for weeks? But then all of the sudden they can't keep it secret anymore? 

This is all bluster. Sorry but this feels all too similar to windows past where we make a big "push" at the end only to come up short (if we make a push at all...see January window).

Your first bit makes no sense - how do I know? -that's right no work done at all.

Your losing the plot mate time to turn off the internet before your head falls off  :lmao:

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32530: Aug 30, 2017 04:04:24 pm

CL footy would be the obvious answer, but hey it could be that we're selling Coutinho, could be that the owners had a change of heart. Who knows, everyone will tell you their own version, at the end of the day if we get the deals over the line before the window shuts I don't really care what the motivation or need was.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #32531: Aug 30, 2017 04:04:47 pm
      Your first bit makes no sense - how do I know? -that's right no work done at all.

Your losing the plot mate time to turn off the internet before your head falls off  :lmao:

You  asked me how I know they aren't working on it behind the scenes...I'm asking you then how you know that they are (as you postulate they may have been).

Not that hard to understand if you'd slow down long enough to read without having to hurry up to fire off smarmy retorts.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32532: Aug 30, 2017 04:06:58 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #32533: Aug 30, 2017 04:07:31 pm
      CL footy would be the obvious answer, but hey it could be that we're selling Coutinho, could be that the owners had a change of heart. Who knows, everyone will tell you their own version, at the end of the day if we get the deals over the line before the window shuts I don't really care what the motivation or need was.

Problem being Luke...if we leave things till the last minute, it makes it harder to get them over the line. Then we get the excuse of "we tried, but there just wasn't enough time".

That's bullcrap and you know it. At this point in the window, money talks. If you want a player, you are going to have to usually blow through your previously determined bid ceiling....IF you are really trying to close the deal. At the end of the window it's a seller's market.....that's just the way it is. Just like us being stingy on the Sakho fee. We are in the driver's seat so we haven't accepted low bids, instead holding out for top dollar.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32534: Aug 30, 2017 04:09:26 pm
      You  asked me how I know they aren't working on it behind the scenes...I'm asking you then how you know that they are (as you postulate they may have been).

Not that hard to understand if you'd slow down long enough to read without having to hurry up to fire off smarmy retorts.

What's left to reply buddy when you think deals materialise out of thin air.

Like I said take a break get some fresh air  :D

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32535: Aug 30, 2017 04:11:26 pm
      Is this the Basil Fawlty transfer muppet thread?

Could be both!

RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #32536: Aug 30, 2017 04:19:33 pm

I think it's to avoid all the bullshit posturing and dragging out of clubs trying to get top dollar.

This way, it's more concise and they get to the point as clubs are now time-poor. I think it's to really cut to the chase.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #32537: Aug 30, 2017 04:20:54 pm
      By the way, what happened to the rumour that we were chasing an older but a top, top striker? I thought it may have been Muller.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32538: Aug 30, 2017 04:24:29 pm

To be honest I have no easy answer for that but maybe its just been one of those weird markets this year, with everything getting knocked way out of shape with the Neymar transfer.
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #32539: Aug 30, 2017 04:43:35 pm
      Jonny Evans is clearly open to a move at present.  Leicester,  Arsenal and Man City have all had bids turned down.  I am a Northern Ireland fan and have watched him closely for the last ten years.  He is most definitely one of the best footballing centre backs in the Premiership.  He reads the game well and is an experienced Premiership winner.  He would go for less that half the price of VVD and he would easily be an upgrade on Lovren and Klavan.  I feel a lot of you underestimate his ability as he is Evans and not Evehno,  Evanic or Van Evans! Besides,  it's about time we stole someone last minute rather than always be the victims!
      Kopite78
      Reply #32540: Aug 30, 2017 04:57:03 pm
      Renato Sanches off to Swansea apparently
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #32541: Aug 30, 2017 04:57:32 pm
      Renato Sanches off to Swansea apparently

Loan?

leosc